August 2020 Moms
Options

Fit Friday 4-17

I don't think we've had one of these in a little while (though there's been some good workout chatter in the randoms), and know the current situation has probably affected a lot of our workout and eating routines, for better and for worse. Let's check in!

How are you feeling this week? 

What are you doing to stay active?

How did you do last week? 

Any goals for next week?

GTKY: So you're 8 weeks postpartum -- for one year you can have once a week, for free, (i) your own personal trainer OR (ii) an in-home chef to cook up something healthy and delicious. Your pick?

Re: Fit Friday 4-17

• Options
    Okay! Tired and lazy, but good otherwise. 

I've been doing the What to Expect when you're Expecting DVD. I enjoy it. It has six 10ish minute workouts (well 1 is stretching) and I usually do 2 a day. Not much, but better than nothing. Once it gets warms up (snow here...), I'll go for more bikerides. 

Oops kinda answered that above

Any goals for next week?
    Workout for 20-30 minutes 5x a week

GTKY: So you're 8 weeks postpartum -- for one year you can have once a week, for free, (i) your own personal trainer OR (ii) an in-home chef to cook up something healthy and delicious. Your pick?
    A personal chef for sure. I feel meh about personal trainings. I just like to be healthy, I don't care about toning perfectly or anything. A personal chef would be amazing. 
    Married July 2014
    DD born June 2016
    Second due August 2020 (team green!)
  • Options
    riatortillaxoriatortillaxo member
    edited April 2020
    I am going to participate in this thread because I have been consistently working out everyday. I guess that is a big positive of quarentine. I have more time. 

I feel great! I'm so proud of my workouts. I am actually a bit sore, but in a good way. 

It started with a friend if ours, several states away, who is hosting her workout class on zoom during the shutdown. I thought I'd join and it was tough. I felt so good afterwards that it encouraged me to get back to my weights and strength training. 
    In addition to my friend's weekly class, I am following a workout plan that I used to do before baby but I'm modifying it each day and cutting out the intense cardio. If I have the time, I also do a quick prenatal yoga session from down dog. On weekends I just do a longer yoga session. I've also been walking everyday with my son. I've been seeking out hills and longer walks to new areas of the neighborhood. 

Same as above. 

Any goals for next week?
    Keep it up! It's going to be a busy workweek and I typically do my workout during my "lunch break" because my son is napping at that time. I'm hoping I still have time 🤞

Probably chef. I find it easier to motivate myself to be active than to motivate myself to make healthier meals. 

ETA: spelling and grammar... It was pretty bad. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Slowing down which scares me
    Down dog yoga it’s free until may 1 (July 1 for teachers and students) 
    I got in 4 workouts last week
    Any goals for next week?
    5 days of working out
    GTKY: So you're 8 weeks postpartum -- for one year you can have once a week, for free, (i) your own personal trainer OR (ii) an in-home chef to cook up something healthy and delicious. Your pick
    trainer for sure
    Craft Blog
  • Options
    Good job this past week, all! Sounds like more than a few of us are using the big shake up in routine as an opportunity to prioritize fitness again, so I'll count that as a thin silver lining of this whole awful thing.

How are you feeling this week? OK. I've started having some lightheadedness, especially when laying down to sleep, which I don't love. I'm also just starting to feel large; things like getting up and down off the ground are harder.

What are you doing to stay active? Cycling workouts, *hopefully* adding prenatal yoga 

How did you do last week? Good. Got my 5 cardio workouts in, and for the first time ever they were all at least 30 minutes. I did a little bit of arm toning but strength is my weak area.

Any goals for next week? Add prenatal yoga, as mentioned above! I just discovered that the subscription I use for my cycling workouts has a few prenatal yoga routines, some as short as 10 minutes. A local prenatal fitness studio is also now offering their prenatal yoga and pilates classes online for $10. Might be nice to connect with other preggos every week or so.

Trainer, only because (i) I hate doing strength training on my own and have always been so curious about a trainer, just unwilling to make the financial investment and (ii) DH does 80% of the cooking around here and is pretty darn good at it!
  • Options
    @riatortillaxo that is amazing that you have been working out everyday! Nice work!

@WishesSheCouldCook yay for down dog prenatal yoga! I am really loving it. Its also free until July 1st for healthcare workers! and free for all until May 1. @emiliadkay you should check it out if its your goal to add it! 

How are you feeling this week? Good! Best I have felt in a while

What are you doing to stay active? Prenatal yoga via down dog and walking with DD all of the miles possible during this quarantine

How did you do last week? I have struggled this pregnancy to work out on account of feeling like complete crap. I hate it because typically I workout daily. I have been very consistent with walking at least though- and this last week I I have been doing really well with yoga- on a 3 day streak and hope to continue. 

Any goals for next week? I want to do 30 mins at least of yoga every day this next week. Its going to happen! 

GTKY: So you're 8 weeks postpartum -- for one year you can have once a week, for free, (i) your own personal trainer OR (ii) an in-home chef to cook up something healthy and delicious. Your pick? In-home chef for SURE. I have close to zero ability in the kitchen but working out/staying motivated has always been my jam. 
  • Options

How are you feeling this week? I'm feeling a lot better after injuring my back last Friday, It's still a little bit stiff but I'm 90% back to normal.

What are you doing to stay active? I've been focussing on doing stretches and going on walks. Mainly I've been trying to get my muscles to relax because I was walking really crooked last weekend because of the back pain and that was then causing pain in my hips and shoulders.

How did you do last week? I managed a few walks and a workout today.

Any goals for next week? My goal is to keep doing my stretches, get back to trying to do a 45min workout every other day and a walk on the other days.

A personal trainer. I have been having some session with a personal trainer. She runs the post-natal class I went to. In the autumn I booked her for 6 private sessions over 12w so she could write me some routines I could do at home as I wanted something tougher than the post-natal class. Just before lockdown I'd booked her again for 3 sessions so she could give me some pregnancy safe workouts. Since the lockdown I've decided to keep having one tele session every other week, in part to keep me motivated to work out and in part to help out my trainer as she is self-employed and thankfully me and my husband as public sector workers are not financially disadvantaged by the lockdown.

• Options
    Kudos to all of you ladies for staying active and making the best of this lockdown situation! 

How are you feeling this week? Feeling good, but starting to feel bigger and feeling some general discomfort in the evenings. 

What are you doing to stay active? Workout videos on YouTube 5 times a week. My prenatal yoga teacher is doing live classes on Zoom and has uploaded videos on YouTube. Her workouts are awesome. I’ve also been going for walks 1-2 times a day with DS. 

How did you do last week? I guess I already answered above. 

Any goals for next week? Keep up with working out 5 times a week. Try not to have ice cream every day 😂

GTKY: So you're 8 weeks postpartum -- for one year you can have once a week, for free, (i) your own personal trainer OR (ii) an in-home chef to cook up something healthy and delicious. Your pick? In home chef. It would save us so much time and hassle.