Not eating while breastfeeding — The Bump
Babies: 0 - 3 Months

Not eating while breastfeeding

Hi, I wanted to know if it’s bad if I don’t eat all day but continue to breastfeed? I know it’s bad for me of course, the baby is taking away my nutrients etc, but is it bad for the baby?? Will I run out of nutrients?? Should I just formula feed? I’m busy during the day so sometimes I miss meals and I just started thinking about it and started to worry about my baby’s health. He’s always growing and putting on weight, but I just want to be sure. 

Re: Not eating while breastfeeding

• Hi, I wanted to know if it’s bad if I don’t eat all day but continue to breastfeed? I know it’s bad for me of course, the baby is taking away my nutrients etc, but is it bad for the baby?? Will I run out of nutrients?? Should I just formula feed? I’m busy during the day so sometimes I miss meals and I just started thinking about it and started to worry about my baby’s health. He’s always growing and putting on weight, but I just want to be sure. 
    Please eat for the sake of the baby and your health!!!!! 
    splashmountain
  • Loading the player...
  • Your milk won't run out of nutrients, per se. What will happen is your milk will start to dry up. You say he's growing fine, but if you're skipping enough meals to where you're concerned about his nutrients, you need to keep a close eye because your supply will probably start to drop.