Trying to Get Pregnant
Options

WTO Friday 4/17

**This is a thread that welcomes all regardless of where they are at in their TTC journeys. Please be mindful of topics that are discussed that could be hurtful to those going through tough times. Mention of children or pregnancies of others should have a TW (trigger warning) and be in a spoiler if possible, and only be mentioned if it is extremely pertinent to the conversation. Thanks for keeping this a safe place for us all to engage!** 

Month/Cycle: 

CD: 

WAYDTGKU: 

R/R: 

CS/Q: 

Re: WTO Friday 4/17

• Options
    legallykatelegallykate member
    edited April 2020
    @bows22 Happy Friday! Hope you have tomorrow off and you can find a fun way to celebrate with YH.

Month/Cycle: 4/5

CD: 3

WAYDTGKU: Temping, OPKs, PNVs plus Vitamin C and B6, HIO during FW, preseed

R/R: Just want to say how thankful I am for this group, more than ever now with everything going on in the world on top of the regular TTC emotional roller coaster. Let's get the January hype started (because yayyy this crazy year will be over then!):

CS/Q: Nothing to see yet

*TTC History*

Me: 37, MH: 38; Married August 2017

TTC #1 October 2017: BFP on 12/1/2017, DD born 7/24/2018 @ 37+1 after induction due to preeclampsia

TTC #2 January 2020: AMA, dx with DOR in May 2020

IVF July 2020: 16 eggs retrieved, 14 mature, 12 fertilized, 3 blasts, 2 PGT-A normal

FET 10/7/20: BFP on 10/12/20!!! (EDD 6/25/21); First beta 10/16/20 (9dpt): 148; Second beta 10/19/20 (12dpt): 621; Third beta 10/26/20 (19dpt): 4732; Fourth (and final!) beta 11/2/20 (26 dpt): 22,000+

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    gingermama29gingermama29 member
    edited April 2020
    @bows22 oh how fun! DH's and my dating anniversary is this weekend too (tomorrow actually)! I don't know if you're the crafty/creative type but a fun date night in idea could be ordering take out from a favorite restaurant and painting with an instructional video like Bob Ross.

Month/Cycle: 10/6

CD: 24 

WAYDTGKU: prenatals, temping, currently NTNP

R/R: Good news is that my 3 extra ukulele orders were successfully canceled and the money has already been refunded (it was more than $400 I got back in less than 24 hours from ordering)! I was super impressed with the company and will definitely continue giving them my business. They also have already shipped my ukulele! Estimating delivery by Wednesday but I'm hoping it'll get here sooner.

CS/Q: I'm less sure that O is coming. My temps aren't where they usually are for that. I should know better than to get my hopes up there first time I see EWCM. It's still possible but I'm not confident.

• Options
    @legallykate ooh I missed you somehow. I'm so on board with January hype! I'm a January birthday so I'm biased about their awesomeness. And I agree that this board and the support is amazing and I'm so grateful to have it!
  • Options
    @bows22 yay for having a Saturday off! Hope you two have a wonderful time celebrating being together! 
    @legallykate yes! Thank you I needed to be reminded to have a positive attitude with some January Hype! This group is so amazing! 
    @gingermama29 that is so awesome that sounds like a great and worthy company! Also the Bob ross idea is amazing and I am totally going to do that sometime. Hope temps regulate and O comes soon! 

Month/Cycle: 7/11

CD: 8

WAYDTGKU: PNV, HIO, Temping, OPK, CM tracking, dieting, and no alcohol 

R/R: Help me out here ladies because I may need to change tactics. DH said we aren’t having sex until I get close to ovulating “to save up the good stuff”. I was hurt and angry hearing this but is there truth to this? Let’s be real I’m doing anything and everything at this point I can on my own.  Pumped for some “warmer” weather this weekend aka above freezing haha 

CS/Q: not much to see yet 

April Siggy Challenge Social Distancing

• Options
    @stillcozy I have heard the opposite, that you want to have sex every few days even before FW so you get fresh stuff during FW. MH and I usually try to HIO once or twice in the days right after AF goes away so there is new fresh stuff for FW. 

@gingermama29 I am a January baby too so maybe we can have great birthday presents!
    *TTC History*

TTC #1 October 2017: BFP on 12/1/2017, DD born 7/24/2018 @ 37+1 after induction due to preeclampsia

IVF July 2020: 16 eggs retrieved, 14 mature, 12 fertilized, 3 blasts, 2 PGT-A normal

FET 10/7/20: BFP on 10/12/20!!! (EDD 6/25/21); First beta 10/16/20 (9dpt): 148; Second beta 10/19/20 (12dpt): 621; Third beta 10/26/20 (19dpt): 4732; Fourth (and final!) beta 11/2/20 (26 dpt): 22,000+

• Options
    @bows22 yay for Saturdays off! Hope you think of something fun to do with your H.
    @legallykate agreed, it's so nice to have an outlet in a time like this. 
    @gingermama29 glad you got your refund, that was fast!
    @stillcozy that's a great question, my H actually asked me about that last night and I don't know the answer! So hopefully others will weigh in.

Month/Cycle: 2/2

CD: 9

WAYDTGKU: temping, OPKs, tracking CF

R/R: I just somewhat unexpectedly got an Instant Pot (a friend was gifted one but they already had one so they gave it to me) and am looking for some really bomb recipes, any recommendations?

CS/Q: Nope.

• Options
    @bows22 Happy anniversary! Maybe get some fancy groceries, if you're a meat eater some nice steaks, and have romantic dinner at home?
    @legallykate January is good because you will likely hit your out of pocket max right away and then everything else for the year will be free! Plus January always feels like 97 days long and having a baby would definitely speed things up!
    @gingermama29 it always feels good when you can support a company with great customer service!
    @stillcozy This article was shared by @legendairymomma back in January and my key take away was "abstinence intervals greater than 5 days may adversely affect sperm counts." https://www.fertstert.org/article/S0015-0282(16)62849-2/fulltext
    @the_most_happy this is one of my tried and true IP recipes I love anything you can dump and go with the IP
    https://www.thekitchn.com/recipe-instant-pot-weeknight-chicken-and-rice-burrito-bowls-248311?utm_source=pinterest&utm_medium=tracking&utm_campaign=article-share
    @inthewoods23 FX you get a temp spike tomorrow morning! 

Month/Cycle: 5/5

CD: 13

WAYDTGKU: HIO, OPK's, tracking CM and PNV

R/R: I woke up with a stye in my eye. I am having a really blah day feeling like I'm not doing enough to get pregnant. I need to actually take my PNV's and I need to start temping but temping makes TTC such a chore! 

CS/Q: Today is supposed to be O and I got a 0.27 T/C ratio on my OPK from Premom this morning  :/

*TW LC*
    Me & MH: 32
    DS: 6/1/18 (Pre-E; IUGR; seizures; NICU)
    TTC #2: 12/2019
    Sept 2020: HSG possible blocked right tube
    Nov 2020: Letrozole + TI - BFN
    Dec 2020: Letrozole + TI - BFP!!! EDD 9/18

• Options
    lurking for the HIO discussion

@krash_ thanks for sharing that article.  DH and i dont HIO much at all (much to my dismay), so we usually only do right around FW and im lucky if more than once.  might have to share it
  • Options
    @krash_ Oh no styes are absolutely the worst. I always use a hot compress on mine and that seems to help. Ugh my eye twitches just thinking about them. Don't beat yourself up. Temping is only useful for tracking, if you are HIO during FW then you are doing what you need to do to get KU.

Re: HIO, where does everyone land on EOD versus ED? MH is 37 and I thought I had read EOD was better for "older" men, but if we don't have any reason to believe his sperm count is low should we be trying for ED? I think maybe I will push for that this month as a trial. We are both WFH so hypothetically we should have more time and energy for it lol.
    *TTC History*

• Options
    @legallykate I hadn't considered that EOD would be beneficial. We are usually a "as much as possible" couple so on the day I get a +OPK and the day after, ideally day before O and O day, we HIO multiple times a day. Maybe we need to try a little less. 
    *TW LC*
    Me & MH: 32
    DS: 6/1/18 (Pre-E; IUGR; seizures; NICU)
    TTC #2: 12/2019
    Sept 2020: HSG possible blocked right tube
    Nov 2020: Letrozole + TI - BFN
    Dec 2020: Letrozole + TI - BFP!!! EDD 9/18

• Options
    _orchid__orchid_ member
    edited April 2020
    @bows22 yay for a non-working Saturday! And Happy engage-iversary!  Have a great time celebrating, whatever you decide to do!

@legallykate I'm thankful for this group even though I haven't been as active lately! It's validating to hear other people feel the same way through the TTC process, I don't have that IRL and MH doesn't get it (see rant below)

@gingermama29 FX the uke delivery is sooner! That's great that the company was so responsive, especially right now when you're not sure if they're working or not! 

@stillcozy great question! We tend to hio much less when I'm not o too but maybe changing that up will be more successful. Good luck convincing your h!

@inthewoods23 I hope your temp jumps tomorrow! Is there anything different about your sleeping situation? Sometimes this time of year my temps aren't accurate bc the weather starts changing. FX the surge and pain you felt was O!

@krash_ thanks for reposting that article! Also sorry about your stye, they're the worst! I'm having a blah day too, hoping Friday magic works and the day turns around for us both!

Month/cycle: 12/10

CD: 2

WAYDTGKU: right now nothing. MH dropped the bomb the other day that he thinks he's done bc he's too worried about jobs (he always is - very VERY finance minded- so this pandemic is making it worse). This would be #3 and I'm AMA and also RPL but I'm asking him to revisit the convo in a month bc we don't really have too much wiggle room for him to change his mind in a year. So idk how often I'll be updating in the dailies. 

R/R: rant right now- in addition to dropping the above on me 2 days before AF, this morning he brought this up

**Spoiler** pg and loss mentioned

I told him today I feel more cranky on CD 2  than usual (CP in March and usually my AF for a cycle or 2 after losses are more extreme). He responded with "oh guess who is KU". It's a friend of his, she's a hot mess, has 2 kids, caught her H cheating on her during both pregnancies, this wasn't planned, you name it. 100% not an appropriate response (and he knows this). I told him I don't want to hear any more and now I can feel I'm in a major funk. I KNOW we're going to fight about this at some point today and he's going to tell me it's my fault bc I'm too sensitive and he's going to act all hurt. I can't. I can't even go out to blow off steam other than to run bc of the lockdown restrictions. So I guess I'm going for a 3 hour run today bc otherwise I'm going to flip the f out. I'm so irritated right now. Grrr. 

• Options
    @legallykate Yay for January hype! We do EOD until I get a positive OPK and then we do that day and the next 2 days.  That’s what my RE said to do, but that was before we had any tests done and MH is 33. 

@g@gingermama29 happy “anniversary” to you guys too! Ours is Sunday. I know most people don’t celebrate dating anniversaries after they are married but DH proposed on our dating anniversary and that was one of the best days of my life! So it will always be special to me. We aren’t crafty or creative at all but I still like your idea - sometimes that makes that kind of stuff more fun because it’s low pressure to have it turn out well. I’m sorry for the possible O fake out. I hope you get the ukelele earlier, everything I’ve ordered online has been coming faster than the estimate. 

@stillcozy I agree with the others that you probably want to do every 2-3 days up to O to keep things “fresh” for lack of a better word 

@th@the_most_happy I recommend this recipe!

https://www.wellplated.com/instant-pot-butter-chicken/

@in@inthewoods23 I bet you see the temp jump tomorrow! But good that you are still doing OPKs just in case 

@kr@krash_ I’m sorry about the stye! I hope it goes away quickly! That’s a good idea about the steaks, I think we will do take out though. DH is the cook in our house so I’ll let him make the call haha. 

@_orchid_ ugh I’m so sorry. Regarding YH’s comment, I definitely don’t think you are being too sensitive. But I’m also sure he didn’t mean to upset you so hopefully he will just apologize ❤️. I hope the run helps you feel better 
  • Options
    @linzrunz I’m glad everything was okay with the SWAT situation. That would freak me out too. My dad was a policeman and I often think now how hard that must have been for my mom. And I think we only celebrate because MH proposed on our dating anniversary so it’s a two for one, plus it is right after tax season (except not really this year), spring is starting, etc. It just feels like a time to celebrate! I’m just not willing to totally miss out on that feeling this year. 
  • Options
    @linzrunz @bows22 thank you for your kind words. It really helps to hear others "get it", even though at the same time I'm sorry you do. 

@linzrunz I'm glad YH is back and ok! I hope he's able to get rest before his shift tonight. 
  • Options
    @bows22 that's so funny that you recommended that because that's literally what we're cooking tonight- not that exact recipe but a very similar one. It came up a bunch when I did a preliminary "best Instant Pot recipes" Google search so I figured it's a good place to start!

@krash_ this looks delish, thanks for the suggestion!
  • Options
    @stillcozy my midwife said EOD is best when I went for my annual over the summer and said I was TTC.

@the_most_happy DH and I made this soup in the instant pot and it was amazing!!
    https://www.simplyhappyfoodie.com/instant-pot-creamy-chicken-gnocchi-soup/

@inthewoods23 I hope they get back to you quickly! That's frustrating. Hopefully your surge was just super quick and you're still Oing.

@krash_ ugh styes are the worst! I hope it goes away quickly!

@_orchid_ hugs friend. I'm sorry for everything you're going through and dealing with. You're definitely not being too sensitive. This is so hard.

@linzrunz I'm glad everything turned out okay. I can't imagine how scary that most be though!