October 2020 Moms

Weekly Check-in, Week 2 (10/8-10/14) - 4/13

Estimated due date (EDD):

Week of pregnancy: 

Upcoming Appointments: 

Rant/Rave: 

GTKY: What's the last show you binged?  Why should we watch it?
Current pregnancy -
First BFP on 1/4/22.  Due date 9/13/22.

Four prior losses, no living children - 1 first trimester miscarriage, 1 blighted ovum, 1 chemical, and one extreme premature live birth daughter who died at 15 days old.

Re: Weekly Check-in, Week 2 (10/8-10/14) - 4/13

• Estimated due date (EDD): 10/10

Upcoming Appointments: Later this week! So excited to see our little beans again.

Rant/Rave: 
    Rave: I've been able to finally feel my lil bump growing and not just look bloated all the time.
    Rant: I really just want this COVID nonsense to be over already. I really wanted to spend time with my family for a few weeks this summer and the longer this goes on, the less chance I'm going to have to make that happen. Since we're having twins it makes planning a trip super difficult and more of a time crunch. ):

GTKY: What's the last show you binged?  Why should we watch it? We got rid of Netflix so we don't really binge watch anything anymore, but if you haven't seen Schitt's Creek, you definitely should. 
  • @mckjacks I totally agree with Schitts Creek! I love it! 

Estimated due date (EDD): Oct 12 

Week of pregnancy: 14!! Finally second tri 

Upcoming Appointments: I get my cerclage placed on Friday 

Rant/Rave: I tried going without my nausea meds over the weekend and it didn’t go well :-( 

Gilmore Girls. I’ve seen it all the way through more times than I can count. It’s just a great story that will make you laugh and cry. 
    Me: 27 DH: 27
    Married 6/15/13
    BFP #1 5/8/16, EDD 12/31/16- DD born 9/10/16 at 24 weeks 
    ~In our hearts forever~
    BFP #2 10/14/17, EDD 7/1/18

• Loading the player...
  • @mckjacks I am also super bummed about trip planning right now. My husband and I love to take weekend getaways to new places and even though I wasn't expecting an extravagant "babymoom" I was really hoping we'd be able to plan a little trip somewhere to celebrate baby. I hope you"re still able to plan something, but it is stressful to have that extra time crunch and worries with the twins. 

@profmcgonagall Good luck on Friday! And it stinks about the nausea, I hope it improves soon. I didn't notice a big difference until this past week, but I still gag if I get too hungry, blow my nose or smell something gross. Also, LOVE Gilmore Girls, I rewatch that all the time it never gets old. 

Estimated due date (EDD): 10/8

Week of pregnancy: 14 + 5

Upcoming Appointments: phone appointment tomorrow 

Rant: Just found out my insurance doesn't cover the cost of any pre-natal ultrasounds so yay $300 medical bill! I know I'll reach my deductible with everything this year, but with currently being out of work due to covid I was not happy to see that bill. 

Rave: In better news, our baby chick order arrived on Friday and it has been a great distraction watching and caring for them! They are a great bunch, but pretty sure the store messed up our breeds. We also broke ground on our new chicken run. Hopefully the weather will improve today so we can continue working on it!

Being out of work, crappy weather and general malaise I have been watching too much netflix. I spent the first two weeks of lock-down re-watching all of Parks and Rec which always makes me laugh. Last week I starting Call the Midwife and I probably shouldn't watch it as I have cried way too many times, but it has it's heart-warming moments. Anytime there is something wrong with the babies/pregnancy I do start to freak out a little though 😬
  • mckjacksmckjacks member
    edited April 2020
    @ginevere BABY CHICKS, YES! We got ours about five weeks ago and were so glad to pick them out before COVID hit. 
  • Estimated due date (EDD): 10/11, delivering 10/5

Week of pregnancy: 14

Upcoming Appointments: End of the month

Rant/Rave: I'm still bitter about my messed up grocery order and also that I have no bump to show off. I know it'll appear soon and I'll wish I weren't so uncomfortable when it's huge, but I am tired of feeling bloated.

GTKY: What's the last show you binged?  Why should we watch it? Currently in the middle of season 3 of The Sinner. The first two seasons are on Netflix and I highly recommend if you like a little bit of mystery/crime/drama.
  • @mckjacks yes, Schitt’s Creek is so funny!

@profmcgonagall Yay for 2nd Tri! Good luck with your cerclage on Friday!

@ginevere so sorry you’re out of work and hit with an unexpected medical bill. I’m working half my normal hours now, this is all so hard. 

@themoonandme so annoying about your grocery order. I have a hard time trusting others to do something the right way and your post just makes that feeing stronger!

Estimated due date (EDD): 10/11

Week of pregnancy: 14w2d

Upcoming Appointments: 4/29

Rant/Rave: I didn’t think I would have to choose between scanning a COVID patient or leaving it for my coworker my first weekend back to work but I did. I ended up doing it. N95 mask, face shield, hair cover, hot-ass plastic gown, 2 pairs of gloves and I changed into surgical scrubs. I feel like I was well protected. This is all so anxiety producing. 

Rant: I made dinner tonight (a taco braid that was more trouble than it was worth) and all MH said was “gee, you didn’t put a lot of cheese in it.” 😡 Jerk

GTKY: What's the last show you binged?  Why should we watch it? Currently binging Criminal Minds. I love the suspense and the critical thinking that goes into it. And Shemar Moore 😉
  • Due Oct 9 w/babe #4 (5th pregnancy)

14 weeks preggo

Next appt is tomorrow morning!

Rant: I've been having serious miscarriage anxiety lately. With the disappearance of many symptoms in the past few weeks and seemingly no belly growth when I look in the mirror... I'm dreading my appointment tomorrow. My 3rd pregnancy ended in a missed miscarriage at 14 weeks. The anxiety it constant. I've seen this little bean on ultrasound twice, but still haven't HEARD the heartbeat. The NP couldn't find the heartbeat on doppler last time and I broke down waiting for an ultrasound to double check.

GTKY: I'm currently bingeing Outlander, but I'm reading the books as I go along too. I never knew what I was missing!! It's so good! I'm a sucker for love stories and accents ;)
  • @KaileyBri I totally understand your anxiety.  Even though I had heard/seen the heartbeat twice already before my appointment today (12w5d) I was still convinced they were going to tell me I had another missed miscarriage - I've never made it this far in a pregnancy before. However mine went fine and the odds are pretty good yours will too - you'll be in my thoughts.
    Current pregnancy -
    First BFP on 1/4/22.  Due date 9/13/22.

Four prior losses, no living children - 1 first trimester miscarriage, 1 blighted ovum, 1 chemical, and one extreme premature live birth daughter who died at 15 days old.

• @calliah I love Criminal Minds so much! 

• @calliah what do you do? I'm so nervous about having to cover at the hospital I work at, luckily I know I won't have to go in April/may thanks to my coworkers and boss. That's great that you have all that PPE!!! 

due date (EDD): 10/12

Week of pregnancy: 14

Upcoming Appointments: end of the month

Rant/Rave: I'm getting so frustrated with the grocery delivery stuff it's making it hard to eat healthy or as healthy as I'd like to when food plans keep going out the window,ughh oh well work in progress. I just really hope this has all calmed down by October. 

GTKY: What's the last show you binged?  Why should we watch it? Recently finished the good place and new girl. Just started schitts creek