2nd Trimester
Options

Gender ultrasound help!

Just a little skeptical about my ultrasound to see the gender of my baby. It was done at 22 weeks and she rushed, she looked for 2 minutes maybe and the babies legs are crossed.. ❤️ Any thoughts is it a girl

Re: Gender ultrasound help!

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    coldlife2coldlife2 member
    edited April 2020
    Agreed, please trust the medical professional. I thought my cervix was my baby's head at mine. I have no idea what I'm looking at in your photos. 

I will disagree with @harpseal135, though. We have never found out boy or girl, but they still spend time looking at the genitals. Or, I suppose to be technical about it, they look at the bladder and urinary tract. That is one of the things they check along with heart, limbs, brain, spine, etc. to see if the baby is developing normally.

Regardless, I would assume they saw enough to tell you reliably, and two minutes does not sound rushed to me. With each of our three a/s, they have never had us look away for anywhere close to two minutes. Maybe 45 seconds, if that? It doesn't take very long to see what they need to see. 

ETA: in re-reading, I'm not really disagreeing with harp seal. :smile: Just noting that that is a part of baby's development to be checked.