Trying to Get Pregnant

GTKY Monday 4.13

Let your minds wander a bit. We're all cooped up in our houses, it's nice to think about the world a bit.
Design your dream vacation! Where are you going? What sights are you seeing? What are you eating? Is there a personal significance to your vacation destination?

TTC History- *TW* LC
Me: 24 Dh: 46
Married: 10.2018
DS #1: 06.2014
Hyperemesis Gravidarum (HG), Emergency C-Section
MC: 03.2017- 5 Weeks
Rainbow DS #2: 07.2018
HG, 19w Fetal Surgery, 24w PPROM, 33w Placental Abruption, Partial Uterine Rupture, Emergency C-Section
NICU, Chronic Kidney Disease
TTC #3: Medically Cleared 12.5.2019, had a bunch of problems and wonky cycles
BFP 10.13.2020 EDD: 6.26.2021

October 2020 TTGP Signature Challenge: Pets in Costumes

Re: GTKY Monday 4.13

• @ashaislurking I love this!! I'd love to do a tour of England, Ireland, and Scotland. I really want to see Hever Castle (Anne Boleyn's home), have tea there, and see all the other Tudor palaces. Of course, I would have to visit Shakespeare's home as well! England is significant because I am a big British history buff, and Scotland and Ireland are important because that's where my family is from. I'm not a sit-on-the-beach person (except for my honeymoon, that was awesome), so I like trips where I am on the move and learning something. 
    And of course I'd have to pop across the English Channel and visit Disneyland Paris. ;)
  • @emeraldduchess I'm glad you like this one! I thought it would be fun! I think your dream vacation sounds amazing. I have a lot of friends who live in GB and would love to go sometime. I agree with you about not being a big sit-on-the-beach type of person. I love going out and seeing historical sites.

My dream vacation is one that I almost went on a few years ago but couldn't for various reasons. I would love to go to Norway. My family is from Norway, and I still have family that lives there which is a huge bonus because I wouldn't need to figure out lodging for parts of the trip. I would want to go sometime between late fall and early spring so I had a chance to see the Northern Lights. The viking ship museum is a must see as well. Doing a boat tour of the fjords and touring the mountains are high up on my list too. As far as foods are concerned, coffee in Oslo is a must with some lefse. If I'm there in the winter, Fårikål, Lapskaus, and Sodd are excellent traditional winter dishes. I'm also a huge fan of fresh fish. My family made a lot of Norwegian deserts when I was a kid and I'd love to have some of those while I visited too.
    TTC History- *TW* LC
    Me: 24 Dh: 46
    Married: 10.2018
    DS #1: 06.2014
    Hyperemesis Gravidarum (HG), Emergency C-Section
    MC: 03.2017- 5 Weeks
    Rainbow DS #2: 07.2018
    HG, 19w Fetal Surgery, 24w PPROM, 33w Placental Abruption, Partial Uterine Rupture, Emergency C-Section
    NICU, Chronic Kidney Disease
    TTC #3: Medically Cleared 12.5.2019, had a bunch of problems and wonky cycles
    BFP 10.13.2020 EDD: 6.26.2021

October 2020 TTGP Signature Challenge: Pets in Costumes

• Loading the player...
  • Ooh good question! 

@emeraldduchess That sounds amazing! It's been so many years since I've been to England, I really want to go back!
    @ashaislurking Ooh that sounds great, I would love to visit some of those Scandinavian countries...Norway as well as Finland! =

Okay this might be cheating but I'm coming up with a two-week vacation where we go to a few different places. First Portugal - Lisbon and the Azores where we had been planning to go this summer. :( Good mix of a historical city with restaurants and cultural stuff to do and then a few days of beach/adventuring. I've seen a picture of a restaurant in Lisbon that has a huge decorative octopus on the ceiling so I would track that down. And would definitely eat a lot of of octopus, I love it! Then maybe Russia where SO has wanted to visit, I think he's said St. Petersburg? Then Ireland and Scotland to visit County Wexford where (I'm pretty sure) my family comes from and to see how beautiful Scotland is. Eventually I'm also dying to go to Vietnam but that probably wouldn't fit into this trip, haha. It is a dream vacation though!
  • Oh fun!! These all sound amazing!

I always say I would love to just take at least a month and do a giant vacation in Europe -Germany, France, Spain, Italy. If I didn’t have all the time in the world which I obviously don’t, I would limit to probably the Amalfi Coast and surrounding areas. That’s been on my “must go” list for a long long time. Now I want to plan a vacation for real!!!
  • Ooh this is fun! Everyone’s vacations sound amazing!

I’ve been fortunate to do a lot of traveling in my youth and now I live in a whole different country/continent. It’s so hard to pick a place! As much as I do love an all inclusive beach resort, I’d also much prefer a sight-seeing trip. Something else on my bucket list though is to go to ALL of the Disney Parks and resorts so I’m gonna cheat and say that (because then I also travel the world) 
    Me: 29 | DH: 28
    Due: 6 Nov 2021
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    PitaPata Dog tickers

• I would love to do a vacation to scandanavian countries. Other European countries I'd love to visit include Denmark, Faroe Islands, maybe Belgium and the Netherlands, Germany, Poland, Italy, Switzerland, Austria, Czech Republic.

A trip from into Alaska and going east through Canada might be cool too.

And if all else fails, there's always going to Iceland again. Can't recommend that beauty enough.
    *TW* History:
    Me: 34 DH: 36 | Together since 2007 | Married July 2016

TTC #1 since 7.2017
    Dx: low morph (1%), ANA positive, low decidualization score, high TSH and testosterone, histone antibodies

IUI #1-3 all BFN
    IVF #1 | 6.11.19 | 24R, 17M, 15F, 6B, PGT-A tested - 5 normal, 3 girls & 2 boys
    FET #1 | 9.10.19 | BFN "I know you, but we've never met. I'm with you, but I don't know your name"
    RPL, Receptiva, & ERA testing | all normal/negative, recommended going on gluten and dairy free diet for next FET
    FET #2 | 3.31.20 | Opted to cancelled due to pandemic, continued diet and tried naturally over the summer
    2nd Opinion with another RE | 8.20.20 | Not immune to measles (received 1 dose); SA results similar to 2 years ago; decided to move forward with FET #2 redo at start of next cycle
    Surprise natural BFP! | 9.22.20 | MC 10.23.20 at 8 weeks
    TTCAL naturally | starting 11.22.20

Initial consultation with Reproductive Immunologist | 9.14.21
    Decidualization score biopsy | 10.1.21 | abnormal - low score of 1; endometrial scratch recommended and progesterone supplementation
    Saline sono | 10.15.21 | normal
    Bloodwork | 10.21.21 high TSH, high testosterone, positive for anti-nuclear antibodies and histone antibodies, high protein S, multiple genetic mutations
    BFP! | 11.3.21 | EDD 7.14.22 B) | biopsy provided same effect as endometrial scratch; added supplemental progesterone and estrogen, prednisone, levothyroxine, and MTX Support to maintain pregnancy
    DS born 7.19.22 after induction

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Consultation with RI | 6.6.23
    Saline sono, endometritis biopsy, skin & eye check | all normal
    Labs | high TSH, Factor XIII mutation, high %CD56
    Follow up | 8.8.23 | prescribed metformin, prednisone, plaquenil, and levothyroxine
    Repeat labs after 3 weeks on meds
    Follow up | 11.9.23 | Green light!, increase in prednisone, added lovenox
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    Follow up | 1.16.24 | Green light continues
    TTC put on pause
  • I would go to Japan, and, if we're dreaming big, do a tour of Asia. I have been fortunate enough to live abroad in a few different places. I loved Southeast Asia, but never made it to a lot of places that I wanted to see. 

@inthewoods23 Iceland sounds like so much fun! We talked about going there for our honeymoon, but it wasn't really practical for us to do it at the time. Someday!

@emeraldduchess You should definitely make that trip happen. I love the British countryside. 

@ashaislurking How awesome that you have family still in Norway! That's how I like to travel. It's nice to have locals to provide some guidance, and it saves a lot of money!

@whitealbum29 I love how specific your itinerary is! And I can attest that Vietnam is amazing. It was one of my favorite places that I have been!
  • @whitealbum29 my MIL is from the Azores! We've never been, but the pictures from her last trip there were beautiful.
  • I am renting a yacht and sailing penobscot bay in Maine. 
    I grew up sailing, and I really miss it. Buying a smallish sail boat (something line a Catalina 22, or a kittiwake is on my bucket list. 

• @the_road_to_oz ohh that sounds amazing too! We rent a pontoon boat for lake cruising in the summer and just ❤️❤️ I love being in/on water so much
    *TW* History:
    Me: 34 DH: 36 | Together since 2007 | Married July 2016

TTC #1 since 7.2017
    Dx: low morph (1%), ANA positive, low decidualization score, high TSH and testosterone, histone antibodies

IUI #1-3 all BFN
    IVF #1 | 6.11.19 | 24R, 17M, 15F, 6B, PGT-A tested - 5 normal, 3 girls & 2 boys
    FET #1 | 9.10.19 | BFN "I know you, but we've never met. I'm with you, but I don't know your name"
    RPL, Receptiva, & ERA testing | all normal/negative, recommended going on gluten and dairy free diet for next FET
    FET #2 | 3.31.20 | Opted to cancelled due to pandemic, continued diet and tried naturally over the summer
    2nd Opinion with another RE | 8.20.20 | Not immune to measles (received 1 dose); SA results similar to 2 years ago; decided to move forward with FET #2 redo at start of next cycle
    Surprise natural BFP! | 9.22.20 | MC 10.23.20 at 8 weeks
    TTCAL naturally | starting 11.22.20

Initial consultation with Reproductive Immunologist | 9.14.21
    Decidualization score biopsy | 10.1.21 | abnormal - low score of 1; endometrial scratch recommended and progesterone supplementation
    Saline sono | 10.15.21 | normal
    Bloodwork | 10.21.21 high TSH, high testosterone, positive for anti-nuclear antibodies and histone antibodies, high protein S, multiple genetic mutations
    BFP! | 11.3.21 | EDD 7.14.22 B) | biopsy provided same effect as endometrial scratch; added supplemental progesterone and estrogen, prednisone, levothyroxine, and MTX Support to maintain pregnancy
    DS born 7.19.22 after induction

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Consultation with RI | 6.6.23
    Saline sono, endometritis biopsy, skin & eye check | all normal
    Labs | high TSH, Factor XIII mutation, high %CD56
    Follow up | 8.8.23 | prescribed metformin, prednisone, plaquenil, and levothyroxine
    Repeat labs after 3 weeks on meds
    Follow up | 11.9.23 | Green light!, increase in prednisone, added lovenox
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    Follow up | 1.16.24 | Green light continues
    TTC put on pause