October 2020 Moms

GTKY: Steak, Toast, and Coffee

I’m also going to throw in on a scale of 1-10 how dark do you like your beer? (1 being a “I only drink beer if it’s clear aka vodka” and 10 a nice dark stout!)

Re: GTKY: Steak, Toast, and Coffee

• 1. With blue cheese on top or with creamy horseradish to dip in. 

3. With butter and raspberry jam.

D.

1. vodka, rum, or tequila please no beer.  

• @anitamargarita_82 We are almost food twins! 
    1. On the grill!

3. Raspberry jam is also my fave and butter!

E. Not a huge coffee drinker though 

I’ll drink 2-10 haha but favorite is about a 7(red ales). Not a hard alcohol fan much anymore except the occasional Marg. Oh or a Bloody Mary omg!!! 
  • Loading the player...
  • 1 or 2.  If it ain't bloody I ain't interested.  5 is a crime against meat.

3. With butter and honey, usually.

E. I like a little coffee with my milk and sugar.

1 or 2.  I like wimpy beers.  Like Corona.  Yes, I said the C word.
    Current pregnancy -
    First BFP on 1/4/22.  Due date 9/13/22.

Four prior losses, no living children - 1 first trimester miscarriage, 1 blighted ovum, 1 chemical, and one extreme premature live birth daughter who died at 15 days old.

#2 (lol I like toast that's still soft in the middle... And 3 visually looks too crunchy)
    I don't drink coffee but I have zero preference, I've had cold black and unsweet and I've had a caramel macchiato and it's coffee either way and milk or no milk I'm shaking and puking afterwards. 
    I barely drink ever.... But there's an apple strudel beer I had at Christmas and it was light and bubbly and I have no idea what it was but that's my jam. 
  • Steak: #3
    toast: #3 with lots of butter
    coffee: when I drink it, D. I usually do flavored coffee
    not a big beer fan (though DH says the darker the better) but wine, margs, and mules allll dayyyyy. 
    No coffee, give me green tea
    No beer, margs or whiskey cocktail
  • 1-2 for steak. Anything more than 3 is a waste of meat.

3-4 for toast. With butter and jam. 

A. Black coffee only plz.

For beer I will drink it all but I always go for stouts and ales if given the choice unless outside on a hot day! 
  • Steak 2 
    Toast 3
    Coffee B 
    For beer I prefer ales and lagers but I do enjoy a nice Guinness 
    Me: 27 DH: 27
    Married 6/15/13
    BFP #1 5/8/16, EDD 12/31/16- DD born 9/10/16 at 24 weeks 
    ~In our hearts forever~
    BFP #2 10/14/17, EDD 7/1/18

C/D
    10- give me the darkest beer you got! I actually hated dark beer before I had my first child and then suddenly that's all I wanted. Truly, I only drank fruity, wheat beer before getting pregnant the first time and now I can't stand that stuff!
  • I don't care for steak but I'll say 4-3 and B (A before pregnancy, now I can barely stomach coffee!)
  • 4, 3, D

I don’t really like beer 🤷‍♀️
  • @coldbrew Every time I see tour screen name I think of an ice cold beer from tap! So ironic you don’t like beer. I guess it refers to coffee. 

@carrotsandpeas3 You are my beer soulmate! Exactly those beers at those times! Going to miss them all so much this summer! 
  • I guess I commit crimes against meat, because I won’t eat anything more pink than a 4, though to my credit I almost never eat red meat so there have not been a lot of crimes committed. 

3 for toast

C for coffee

5ish for beer. Any Bavarian wheat beer is my favorite. 
  • Steak- 2 or 3. Preferably with some herby butter on top.

3 for toast, with good, salted butter

B for coffee, for sure. Just enough cream and sugar to contrast the bitterness.

For beer, I really only like wheat beers or fruity beers. Definitely no IPAs or stouts.
    Me: 29, DH: 29
    TTC since: 2/13
    Long, anovulatory cycles
    Began fertility testing 12/13
    Ultrasound and bloodwork: Everything looks good (according to my ob/gyn)
    HSG: waiting to schedule
    SA: scheduled with RE for 1/6/14
  • @fitzfizz Same here for meat.  I have truly convince myself to eat it even then. 

3-4 for toast 

D for coffee. 

Nothing too dark for beer, but I will try anything once. I’m a big shiner bock girl though. 
  • @JLaVO888 haha I was drinking a cold brew from Starbucks when I made my account and didn’t know what else to use 😂
  • Steak- 3
    Toast- 3
    Coffee- C
    Beer- 1-10, I like (and miss)them all!

Which made me think of the Spectrum of wine sweetness, 1 Bone dry- 10 super sweet.  I’m a 2 or 3.  This quarantine makes me miss wine A LOT!
  • @morethanamama I am also struggling with my coffee!  I just want me usually 1 cup in the morning and more times than not now I just gag and can’t drink more than a few sips... so annoying!
  • @ellemnop90 this quarantine is making me miss all alcohol a lot! I've also been craving citrus/sour things and a margarita sounds sooo good. 😩
  • angela444angela444 member
    edited April 2020
    Steak: 1 or 2
    Toast: 3
    Coffee:  give me an earl grey tea instead, black :) not much of a coffee drinker
    Beer: something light, a 3 or so for something light to sip on all day while I'm camping, or something a little heavier, maybe a 6 or 7, to have with my steak
  • @ellemnop90 ooooooh wine.  I do miss wine.  Love me a nice glass of red wine with dinner
  • Steak: 2
    Toast: 3
    Coffee: D
    Beer: Modelo
    D

beer: I love a good Hefeweizen. So is that middle? My favorite is an apricot Hef made by Pyramid. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Anniversary

BabyFruit Ticker