Trouble TTC

TTTC Check In 4-6

Please double-check your name and confirm your Dx & Rx. Please let me know if you'd like to update your Dx & Rx! 

QOTW: What's one positive you've had from this COVID19 experience? 

Any Rants/Raves from this past week? Tell us about it!

2019 BFP Hall of Fame:
prpl11butterfly: dx: RPL rx: TI with progesterone
cigaline: Dx: unexplained/MFI Rx: IUI
sincethelastday: dx: unexplained Rx: IUI
optimisim3: Dx: endometriosis, Hashi’s, possibly adenomyosis Rx: IUI
littleredm: Dx: endometriosis and unexplained Rx: IVF
nancinator: Dx: unexplained Rx: IVF
ceauth: Dx: Borderline PCOS, unexplained Rx: medicated IUI
B_1029:  Dx: unexplained Rx: IUI
knockupthestock - Dx: PCOS Rx: Letrozole, dexa, Clomid, trigger, progesterone, and TI

To be added to our Hall of Fame, please let us know when you are comfortable with us doing so!

PAGING:

@inthewoods23 - dx:unexplained. Rx: IVF, gluten free & dairy free diet

@chiblackhawkie - rx: IUI

@blackrose-9 - Dx: PCOS Rx: Femara

@hithertorue - Dx: Low AMH/MFI, unexplained Rx: IVF 

@2dogsmom - Dx: unexplained Rx: IVF

@sara_tory: Dx: PCOS, endometriosis, adenomyosis Rx: IUI 

@ase33 - Dx: PCOS, complex endometrial hyperplasia, amenorrhea Rx: Femara + TI 

@olivklau - Dx: unexplained Rx: IUI

@meri-mac  -Dx: Unexplained sub-fertility, Rx: IVF

@amgpg25 -Dx: Insulin Tolerance, Rx Clomid & IUI

@abarr723 —DX: PCOS, Rx Femara & IUI

@zimmie0818 Dx polyps, Rx IUI

@Amartuso Dx TBD 

@nina205 RX PCOS and low morphology (hubby) Dx Fermara & Trigger

Re: TTTC Check In 4-6

• Sorry I wasn't around much last week. In a waiting phase and work is a bit crazy.

@nina205 I will cross fingers that you get to continue treatment sooner rather than later. I have to say, I know a lot of people don't like the IUI cycles, but I think it helped me get ready for IVF. 

@inthewoods23 yeah a lot of these meds make my cycles really crazy too. Hopefully you ovulate before then, but either way, enjoy some down time with your hubby!

QOTW: One positive for me has been taking group exercise classes via zoom. My favorite instructor rarely teachers at a time I can attend normally (she tends to only teach morning classes and I'm at work), but with working from home I've been able to revamp my schedule to fit her classes in most M/W/F and it's been great. 

AFM: I have a baseline ultrasound on Friday. Praying so hard that all the inflammation etc. has cleared and we can start stims soon! If all is well we are looking at a late April ER.  Since we got 0 viable embroys last round, I really just want to get this one over with so we know if IVF is even going to be a realistic option for us. 
  • @2dogsmom its such a weird time, I am glad you are taking the time for yourself! We are here for you if you need anything. Yes, that's what I am thinking.. I think giving myself one IUI at least will mentally prepare me for IVF. Finger crossed for low inflammation and starting stims! I have been trying the work out classes via zoom and loving it as well! Having your favorite teacher can make all the difference in having a fun and productive workout. 

@inthewoods23 have you ovulated yet?? Been thinking about you, hopefully this week is the week!!

@abarr723 how are you doing? Been thinking about you in nursing school! 

QOTW: I have a few positives- time to work out, time with DH, etc. BUT I would say my main one has been getting to know our neighbors better (from 8 feet distance, of course). DH and I travel so much that we never really have time to get to know our neighbors. It has been fun building new relationships (even from a distance). 

AFM: Just waiting to ovulate, cycle day 16 now!
  • Loading the player...
  • @2dogsmom FX you can start stims! I'm surprised they would allow you another retrieval in April but I guess it does depends on what the pandemic situation looks like in your area. I'm excited for you nonetheless!

@nina205 I'm not even close to ovulating. My OPKs are getting a little darker so I'm going to switch to every other day starting today just to be sure I don't miss it since I almost did the last time I went through a natural cycle back in October.

QOTW: I'm in the same boat about the exercise. We're more likely to take evening walks together now. I should really get into doing a walk or two in the middle of the work day. There's a nice loop I can take that's about a mile so it's 10-12 minutes of walking without having to think about what kind of path will be X amount of time. I'm still not good about doing yoga, but I'm hoping to start that this week!

In all other news, still waiting to O. I think my ovaries are starting to wake up. Based on the cycle after the failed FET, it was 50 days between the last day of lupron and the day I ovulated so I'm anticipating not ovulating for all of April, but since we cut the meds off early I might make it into late late April for O. We'll see! Kind of enjoying not having to be critical about my cycle right now while we're dealing with this pandemic. I've also enjoyed a therapy session via video since my therapist has chosen to WFH for a little while even though she's considered essential. I have another one on Wednesday  :)
    *TW* History:
    Me: 34 DH: 36 | Together since 2007 | Married July 2016

TTC #1 since 7.2017
    Dx: low morph (1%), ANA positive, low decidualization score, high TSH and testosterone, histone antibodies

IUI #1-3 all BFN
    IVF #1 | 6.11.19 | 24R, 17M, 15F, 6B, PGT-A tested - 5 normal, 3 girls & 2 boys
    FET #1 | 9.10.19 | BFN "I know you, but we've never met. I'm with you, but I don't know your name"
    RPL, Receptiva, & ERA testing | all normal/negative, recommended going on gluten and dairy free diet for next FET
    FET #2 | 3.31.20 | Opted to cancelled due to pandemic, continued diet and tried naturally over the summer
    2nd Opinion with another RE | 8.20.20 | Not immune to measles (received 1 dose); SA results similar to 2 years ago; decided to move forward with FET #2 redo at start of next cycle
    Surprise natural BFP! | 9.22.20 | MC 10.23.20 at 8 weeks
    TTCAL naturally | starting 11.22.20

Initial consultation with Reproductive Immunologist | 9.14.21
    Decidualization score biopsy | 10.1.21 | abnormal - low score of 1; endometrial scratch recommended and progesterone supplementation
    Saline sono | 10.15.21 | normal
    Bloodwork | 10.21.21 high TSH, high testosterone, positive for anti-nuclear antibodies and histone antibodies, high protein S, multiple genetic mutations
    BFP! | 11.3.21 | EDD 7.14.22 B) | biopsy provided same effect as endometrial scratch; added supplemental progesterone and estrogen, prednisone, levothyroxine, and MTX Support to maintain pregnancy
    DS born 7.19.22 after induction

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Consultation with RI | 6.6.23
    Saline sono, endometritis biopsy, skin & eye check | all normal
    Labs | high TSH, Factor XIII mutation, high %CD56
    Follow up | 8.8.23 | prescribed metformin, prednisone, plaquenil, and levothyroxine
    Repeat labs after 3 weeks on meds
    Follow up | 11.9.23 | Green light!, increase in prednisone, added lovenox
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    Follow up | 1.16.24 | Green light continues
    TTC put on pause
  • 2dogsmom2dogsmom member
    edited April 2020
    @inthewoods23 That's kinda cool that your therapist can do video chats. My hubby talked to his on the phone this morning...weird times, but it works. FX you ovulate soon, but enjoy not worrying about it for a bit! 

I was a little surprised they were willing to do ER in April but they've implemented really strict no-one sick protocols, and take our temp at the door etc. so if they're willing I'm going for it! They are not part of any other medical offices which is why I think they are able to do it when so many clinics are closing.  And, I'm in Northern CA, so while it's bad here, almost everyone has been sheltering in place for 3+ weeks here, so we are definitely seeing the curve flatten a bit.  They aren't taking on any new patients or doing any new cycles either, only repeat cycles for people who've already done ER at least once (and FETs etc. still). 

@nina205 good luck with IUI etc.  For me doing the trigger shot at home, and doing the IUI procedure etc. helped because when I was learning about IVF I had something in my mind to compare it to.  I think it's great that you've gotten to know your neighbors better! I still don't know mine very well which is a shame. 
  • @2dogsmom wow that's interesting! but good! My clinic is part of a medical center so yeah, patients of all kinds are there, it's not a separate fertility clinic. Do you guys have an end date on your shelter in place? Ours expires on the 24th, but I doubt they'll keep it at that and extend it. An article I read this morning showed most places should reach their peak of the pandemic around late April.
    *TW* History:

TTC #1 since 7.2017
    Dx: low morph (1%), ANA positive, low decidualization score, high TSH and testosterone, histone antibodies

IUI #1-3 all BFN
    FET #1 | 9.10.19 | BFN "I know you, but we've never met. I'm with you, but I don't know your name"
    RPL, Receptiva, & ERA testing | all normal/negative, recommended going on gluten and dairy free diet for next FET
    FET #2 | 3.31.20 | Opted to cancelled due to pandemic, continued diet and tried naturally over the summer
    2nd Opinion with another RE | 8.20.20 | Not immune to measles (received 1 dose); SA results similar to 2 years ago; decided to move forward with FET #2 redo at start of next cycle

Decidualization score biopsy | 10.1.21 | abnormal - low score of 1; endometrial scratch recommended and progesterone supplementation
    Bloodwork | 10.21.21 high TSH, high testosterone, positive for anti-nuclear antibodies and histone antibodies, high protein S, multiple genetic mutations
    BFP! | 11.3.21 | EDD 7.14.22 B) | biopsy provided same effect as endometrial scratch; added supplemental progesterone and estrogen, prednisone, levothyroxine, and MTX Support to maintain pregnancy

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Follow up | 8.8.23 | prescribed metformin, prednisone, plaquenil, and levothyroxine
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    TTC put on pause
  • @nina205 I am okay! Thank you for thinking of me! I am unfortunately not back to school yet. The school I go to does quarters and not semesters, so for break week, where it was everyone else's midterms, It was our finals and the end of the quarter. So while the rest of the schools were able to transition to online learning, we were not able to do the same because that would have put us in the predicament of not having enough clinical hours, where as the board of nursing was accepting 50% online simulation clinical hours for the other programs, ours would have ended up being 100%. As of right now we return on may 4th, and the first 5 weeks will be online learning, and they are hoping that they are able to transition us to in person lecture and clinical for the second 5 weeks. We will see how it goes I guess. I am afraid when the time comes, things will still be crazy and we will be unable to return for in person courses/clincals. FX. 

As for everything else, I had a phone appt. with my RE this week. DH and I had decided we would take a break from TTC with all of this craziness going on. So she said that once the office is back up and running, we will schedule my hysteroscopy for removal of my polyps, and then she said from there we could decide if we wanted to continue doing IUI or go for IVF, which blew my mind, because normally they want you to do 3 IUI rounds before moving on. DH and I decided we would give IUI one more go around, since we only did one, and the polyp removal may hopefully increase our chances with that. And if that does not work, we will do IVF. So that is where I am with that.
    And the reason I have been MIA, I work in a large maternity hospital, and work has been INSANE. So many training's for COVID, things have been busy busy. They are slowly shutting down the maternity units in other hospitals to make room for ICU beds, and since we are the high risk hospital in the state, they are diverting their patients to us, so the influx of patients has been INSANE. As well as my unit being the unit for the COVID positive patients. Oh, also, people are fleeing from NY, and coming here to have their babies. Things have been very interesting to say the least. I also realize by rereading that, that everyone is probably like "omg they're sending all of their patients in the state to that one hospital to have babies?!" lol I live in Rhode Island, and if you don't know, it only takes 45 minutes to get from one end of the state to the other, the long way. haha. 

I am glad to see you all are well! I am most definitely going to make an effort to come chat! It's been hard because I do a majority of my Bumping from my phone, but the app as well as the mobile site have not been working, which is so frustrating!!
    May Siggy Challenge: It's Gonna be N*SYNC!

TTC #1: 1/2019
    Dx: 1/2020 Borderline PCOS
    Rx: Femara &Trigger with IUI
    IUI#1 2/26/2020- BETA 3/11 (AF arrived 3/11)
    3/20/2020- Benched due to COVID-19

• @abarr723 I saw an article about a woman from NY who traveled to our state (WI) to give birth instead because she wanted her husband there. And the thing was, who the heck allowed them to rent a car to drive here and she stayed at a family or family friend's place downtown that was a 2nd home for them or something so it was currently empty. They would be quarantined for at least 2 weeks before her due date but it was just like... What if the baby decides to come early? Now you're protentially risking others lives if you're infected but not showing symptoms. It was so far beyond just diverting moms-to-be to a different hospital. A lot of people in the comments I was reading did not like that they posted this story because of all the potential issues, plus not everyone has the ability to stay at a connection's spare house or whatever.
    *TW* History:

TTC #1 since 7.2017

IUI #1-3 all BFN

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    TTC put on pause
  • @inthewoods23 we at work are all FURIOUS that these people are coming here. Like I totally get the being scared, and wanting your partner to be with you for the delivery, and if it were me, yes, I would be absolutely devastated But at this point it goes way beyond this! This is public health issue. We are in a worldwide crisis. It is about keeping everyone safe, including those of us trying to care for you, and now you're coming to a state where it is not wide spread as of yet, to give birth at a hospital, where as of now, there are mostly healthy moms and babies, and putting them at risk! The governor now has state police patrolling the state lines and pulling over cars with NY license plates. But I mean, of course they're going to lie and say they are quarantining so they don't get in trouble. My other thing is, I thought the boarders of NY were closed. How are they even getting out?! So far at work, the positive cases are of people who came from there. Ugh. 
    May Siggy Challenge: It's Gonna be N*SYNC!

TTC #1: 1/2019
    Dx: 1/2020 Borderline PCOS
    Rx: Femara &Trigger with IUI
    IUI#1 2/26/2020- BETA 3/11 (AF arrived 3/11)
    3/20/2020- Benched due to COVID-19