November 2020 Moms

April FTM (First-Time Mom) Check-in

Hey, First-Time Moms! Let's hear it! 

How far along are you? 

Any appointments this month/last? How did it go? 

Any pregnancy related symptoms? 

Rants/Raves?

Questions for FTM, STM+?

GTKY: What item for baby are you most excited to shop for? 

Re: April FTM (First-Time Mom) Check-in

• How far along are you? 9w2d

Any appointments this month/last? How did it go? I had my dating ultrasound about a week ago and I was pleased to see a little baby measuring ahead and with a good heartbeat. I also had an appointment with my GP.

Next appointment is ultrasound on April 22nd.

Any pregnancy related symptoms? Just sore boobs and some fatigue.

Rants/Raves? None

Questions for FTM, STM+? None for now

GTKY: What item for baby are you most excited to shop for? All the nursery items
  • achsachs member
    Hi! I’ll be 9wks tomorrow. I had a confirmation appt 2 weeks ago and I got to hear the heartbeat. Next appt is middle of this month. Definitely sore boobs, nausea, vomiting (comes and goes), and today some pulling sensations in my abdomen. I’m most excited to shop in general, once we are allowed to leave the house again!
  • Loading the player...
  • How far along are you?
    8W2D
    Any appointments this month/last? How did it go? 
    A phone call appointment on 4/1 to go over pregnancy, symptoms, PMH, discuss prenatal testing. Scheduled for my first ultrasound (dating?), doppler, and exam for 4/7.
    Any pregnancy related symptoms? 
    Honestly, minimal. Bloating, sore boobs, pulling in my lower abdomen, some fatigue, and lightheadedness with sudden movements. 
    Rants/Raves?
    Selfish rant: a coworker shared that she is pregnant with twins right before we all got furloughed. I was back to work for a few hours this week and she was talking about her pregnancy...I'm so tempted to share early because I want to talk with her!!! Rave: I'm craving fruit...all the fruit! Which I will happily take over the unhealthy cravings
    Questions for FTM, STM+?
    None for now. 
    GTKY: What item for baby are you most excited to shop for? 
    All. The. Things! If I had to pick, most excited about nursery/nesting items like the crib, (safe) bedding, glider/rocker, etc.
    Me: 27 DH: 30
    Started dating: 10/2010 ;; Married 10/2017
    Started TTC: 10/2019
    BFP: 12/20/19 ;; MC: 12/24/19
    BFP: 3/5/20 ;; EDD: 11/11/20
  • How far along are you? 9w5d

Any appointments this month/last? How did it go? Appointment over the phone with a nurse on the 9th, then a 12 week appointment on the 24th. 

Any pregnancy related symptoms? The last 4 weeks have been pretty much non stop nausea. It's been rough

Rants/Raves? My husband had been fantastic. He pretty much waits on my hand and foot when I'm feeling my worst. 

Questions for FTM, STM+? I've tried all the anti nausea options I can think of. Anything work for you guys?

GTKY: What item for baby are you most excited to shop for? Probably nursery decor
  • Unisom and B6 was recommended for me to treat nausea. So far working well!
  • 8w5d
    Appointments...I had a tel-appointment on the 07APR. It would have been in office, but COVID precaution. It went well, basic family history info. My first ultrasound will be 28APR.  I feel like it’s late compared to others, but I get every health provider is different.

Symptoms... Pretty minimal. I sleep a lot, thanks to work from home. I get 10-12 hrs at night and 1-2 naps through the day. My husband says my hormones sometimes take over, haha, he means well. 

Rant/Rave... I unfortunately spilled the beans to my employer earlier than I wanted. But they were sending all pregnant (and their spouses) to do work from home, so I would rather let the cat out of the bag and be safe than to keep it quiet.  Not a huge rant, just not the timing I envisioned

GTKY... I haven’t gotten crazy over baby stuff yet. I think after the first ultrasound I’ll be more excited and it’ll feel more “real” to me. 
  • I had my first OB/GYN  appointment on April 7. It went well.
    I had 8 blood tests and a genetic test done today. I passed out during the blood draw. Has not been a fun experience :( and I have been low on energy since I came back home.
  • I feel you @akankshaj I don't do super well with needles and they do take several samples in early pregnancy. 
  • Hi! I am 9 weeks 2 days today. I had a virtual appointment on April 3rd. I was also supposed to have my first ultrasound that day but due to covid it didn't happen. It will now be on April 24th and I'll be 11 weeks. It's been really hard not having an ultrasound or any blood work yet. 
    I have had nausea but it does seem to be getting better. I've also had cramping/stretching pains.  I'm really really fatigued but I also work 4 10's so I'm sure that has something to do with it too haha. I work in a cancer center as a radiation therapist and we've gotten busier! 
    Rant/rave: it's been very strange at work..I've had to tell my bosses because of covid and a couple of coworkers have figured out what is going ok with me. I really didn't want to tell anyone until after my first ultrasound. One of my coworkers must have figured out and is now trying to force me to tell her which I don't appreciate. 
    GTKY: I haven't started shopping yet. Im excited to but I think I will feel better about buying things after the first ultrasound! 
  • @tranfield I am feeling like you are about the ultrasound! After my first one I think I will get more excited about buying baby things. I can't wait for my first ultrasound!!