October 2020 Moms
Options

Weekly Check-in, Week 3 (10/15-20/21), 4/6

Estimated due date (EDD):

Week of pregnancy: 

Upcoming Appointments: 

Rant/Rave: 

GTKY: What's the best Tiger King meme you've seen? (If you don't know what Tiger King is, just the best meme you've seen recently.)
Current pregnancy -
First BFP on 1/4/22.  Due date 9/13/22.

Four prior losses, no living children - 1 first trimester miscarriage, 1 blighted ovum, 1 chemical, and one extreme premature live birth daughter who died at 15 days old.

Re: Weekly Check-in, Week 3 (10/15-20/21), 4/6

• Options
    Estimated due date (EDD): 10/20

Week of pregnancy: 12 weeks today!

Upcoming Appointments: May 5 @ 16 weeks. Should have been tomorrow, but COVID 🤷🏼‍♀️

Rant/Rave: We are announcing to everyone tomorrow! I even made a book for my students to see if they can guess my secret over Zoom 😁 My preschool team and our extended family know as of yesterday too. My principal is letting me hijack the first minute of our staff Zoom meeting to tell the other teachers too!! It’s going to be a fun day. 

GTKY: What's the best Tiger King meme you've seen? (If you don't know what Tiger King is, just the best meme you've seen recently.)

this one cracks me up 😂

• Options
    Estimated due date (EDD): 10/20 per my gynecologist but I noticed that in all the paper work from my new OB it says 10/16. I’ll ask at the next appt which one my date truly is. It’s only four days so I don’t think it matters. 

Week of pregnancy: 12

Upcoming Appointments: end of May

Rant/Rave: I’m so over this exhaustion. I need some energy back. 

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    @mamahosch How exciting! I can’t wait to hear how it goes. 
  • Options
    Estimated due date (EDD): 10/18

Week of pregnancy: 12+2

Upcoming Appointments: Just had my phone consultation with the genetics counselor this morning, so she set me up for a blood draw this afternoon for my NIPT. Then I have an US on April 29th at 15 weeks.

Rant/Rave: Rant - MH is driving me f*cking insane!! It's like he's purposely trying to annoy me. Like, he'll rip a fart and then blame it on me. Or replace song lyrics with streams of cuss words (not that I'm Princess Baby Ears by any means, it's just stupid to me to do that). He eats ALL DAY LONG and then leaves used napkins/paper towels everywhere, and he NEVER closes the pantry door all the way after he gets a snack. The man is capable of closing cabinets, but for some reason that one door is just impossible to close. He seriously needs to go back to work.

Rave - All this time at home is giving me the opportunity to purge a bunch of old crap and start working on some of the major home projects we've been wanting to tackle. We've started converting an area of our backyard into a vegetable garden, and are looking into getting a shed for MH to use. But, before we can pull the trigger on that, we need to look into installing a french drain in our backyard because we have some areas that flood when it rains, and stay flooded for a few days afterward, which isn't good.

Me: 37 / DH: 41
    Due with baby #2: Feb 2022

• Options
    @mamahosch let us know how the zoom announcement goes! So cute.
    @babycakesday my ultrasound was 4 days off of my EDD based on LMP and they kept it based on LMP. They told me that it has to be a week or more off to change it. I was happy because I didn't want my due date pushed back!
    @babyodo I'm guessing you and DH aren't both usually home as much together as you are now? My DH has been a godsend, but he's still going to work, so I'm just so happy when he shows up to relieve me from 24/7 toddler duty.

Estimated due date (EDD): 10/21

Week of pregnancy: 11+6

Upcoming Appointments: Monday, April 13th. My appointment surprisingly hasn't been cancelled. I think it's because it's a private group so they don't exactly have to follow the hospital rules. 😬 I'm happy to get to hear a heartbeat and get out of the house for the first time in like 25 days.

Rant/Rave: rant I guess is that this quarantine is slowly killing my soul. DH is working night shift at the hospital right now and I'm somehow trying to work from home, take care of my 19 mo DD, and keep her quiet enough that he can sleep during the day. It's a nightmare. At the same time, I was just notified that I may be redeployed to another area of the hospital where I will no longer be working from home. Won't be sent to deal with COVID patients directly, but still would have to go in and send DD back to daycare--both things I don't want to do right now. Just hoping that my number doesn't get called.

Rave is that some days I'm starting to feel better! Still have thrown up like 5 times in the last week, but I'm having some good days and not all bad anymore. Planning on telling the remaining family and friends who don't know about the pregnancy after my appointment on Monday. My mom was disappointed that we weren't going to post anything on Facebook but I told her she could be the one to spread the news to family, so she got excited about that.

I know what Tiger King is but haven't actually watched it, so here's just the best meme I've seen recently. Well, a tweet, but still...

• Options
    @babycakesday @carrotsandpeas3 I’ll definitely let you know how it goes!
  • Options
    Estimated due date (EDD): 10/19

Upcoming Appointments: I don’t have one until June 5th, which will also include the anatomy scan.  Ugh, seems so far away!

Rant/Rave: It is supposed to be high 60s and sunny tomorrow where I live and I am so excited to get outside and enjoy it!  Each time we have a nice day it renews my energy and I feel like a new person, I am SO ready!

GTKY: What's the best Tiger King meme you've seen? (If you don't know what Tiger King is, just the best meme you've seen lately)

We are only a few episodes in but I saw this and lol’d...

• Options
    Estimated due date (EDD): 10/19

Upcoming Appointments: Just had a telemedicine visit Monday. They ordered me a home BP cuff, urine dipsticks, and encouraged me to get a doppler. How times have changed! 

Rant/Rave: I’ve had a cough that has sent me down an anxiety spiral. Thankfully I think it’s nothing now.

GTKY: What's the best Tiger King meme you've seen? 
  • Options
    @coldbrew How often are your telemedicine visits? I go back in at the end of may but no visit online or in person in between. You’re the fourth or fifth person who’s doctor has gotten them bp and urine tests. I’m wondering if my OB is dropping the ball. 
  • Options
    @babycakesday it replaced my regular monthly appointment this month and I’ll do another next month. The visit after that at 20 weeks will be in person. 
  • Options
    Estimated due date (EDD):
    10/18, I'm so glad it hasn't changed at all. 

Week of pregnancy: 
    12! 

Upcoming Appointments: 
    I just have a normal appointment on the 28th 

Rant/Rave: 
    I thought this week's episode of Outlander was the finale so I watched it even though I hate watching a single episode at a time.. and omg it wasn't the finale and it ended in such a cliffhanger that I had nightmares all night and woke up at 3 am babbling rubbish hysterically. 

GTKY: What's the best Tiger King meme you've seen? 
    I actually can't think of a single meme I've seen of Tiger King... O.o 

I wish I could trade my appointments with you ladies who don't like telemedicine, I hate how uninvolved my care is at the birth center I'm at, last time I got to do my own urine tests etc and I really miss that. 
  • Options
    I called and my doctor said for now she’s going to hold off on doing any at home tests since my appts are 6-8 weeks apart.