1st Trimester

Nevermind :)

mama2_5mama2_5 Newbie
edited April 2020 in 1st Trimester
Nevermind. 😂 I was just looking for personal experience but looks like my post is being misunderstood.  Thanks everyone!

Re: Nevermind :)

• mama2_5 said:
    Looking to see if anyone has experienced this before.

Backstory....I have 5 living children and I've had 8 miscarriages, so I'm no stranger to that part (from very early to a MMC in the late first tri, as well as a misdiagnosed ruptured ectopic, so I've run the gamut!). My last baby was a homebirth turned cesarean for complete placenta previa and she'll be 4 this summer. No birth control since, we have had great success with me just tracking my cycle over the years. Until now? Lol

I got a "surprise" a few days ago when I took a test because my period wasn't fully starting (bled a little during/after sex and thought it was starting, but it stopped...not uncommon for my periods after baby #5 but it just never picked up fully afterward). Three BFP'S since, but immediately after the first test I started bleeding red blood, but it didn't last (not more than one pad worth). Then about 24 hours of nothing, then another gush of red blood yesterday afternoon but it quickly turned to brown, lasted maybe a couple of hours (no more than one pad) and have been barely spotting brown since. (Another positive test prior to that)

Despite all my history with pregnancy and miscarriage, I've never had this happen. I never bled during my successfully pregnancies. My weirdest bleeding was my ectopic, but that was much later (8 weeks) and I also didn't have cramping or anything (so different from all the other pregnancies) until I was in severe pain from the internal bleeding and eventual rupture. I generally implant early and have positive tests by 8-9 DPO and I'd be around 12-18dpo this time (my O date clearly hopped around on me this month! Lol). I am having occasional light cramping which is normal.

So I'm stumped. Never had blood from a SCH or anything before so I don't know what this is from. It's too early for much of an ultrasound, I can't even be 5 weeks yet. I've had test lines be very indicative of whether or not I'll be miscarrying, but so far all I have are cheap Walmart tests that never darken fast so I don't even have the advantage of judging lines right now either!

The darkness/boldness of a line means nothing - it's all dependent on the amount of dye in the test.  A line is a line.  It will not show that you are having a miscarriage.

Is sounds like it could be a SCH, just because you didn't bleed with one before doesn't mean you won't with this pregnancy.  

The bleeding may be normal for this pregnancy, it may not.  It would be wise to call your doctor, who knows your medical history, and tell them what's going on.  They will be able to direct you than us. 
  • Thanks, I know the rule of the darkness of a line, but I also know my experience with certain brands over 16 years of lots of testing so that was my point. :).  I have definitely been able to watch my hCG drop via text lines (and matched with lab draws sometimes).

I'm not looking for medical advice, just wondering if anyone else has experienced something similar. 
  • Loading the player...
  • mama2_5 said:
    Thanks, I know the rule of the darkness of a line, but I also know my experience with certain brands over 16 years of lots of testing so that was my point. :).  I have definitely been able to watch my hCG drop via text lines (and matched with lab draws sometimes).

I'm not looking for medical advice, just wondering if anyone else has experienced something similar. 

@mama2_5 What are you actually hoping for from this post? Yes, people have experienced bleeding in early pregnancy. For some, as @harpseal mentioned, they had SCHs and went on to have healthy pregnancies. For others, *TW* they had miscarriages. 

Me: 34 DH: 38
    Married: June 2011
    TTC since Feb 2016
    BFP#1: 7/7/16 MMC: 8/16/16 
    BFP#2: 5/8/17 - CP
    BFP#3: 6/27/17 EDD: 3/10/18
  • For those who experienced bleeding similar to what I described, not necessarily the outcome but if they discovered a cause or just what it was like for them. Simply just experience, that's all.
  • mama2_5 said:
    For those who experienced bleeding similar to what I described, not necessarily the outcome but if they discovered a cause or just what it was like for them. Simply just experience, that's all.
    So... anecdotal evidence? Please just call your doctor. Despite your pregnancy history you are not a doctor and every pregnancy can be different. Even if someone had the exact same experience as you it would make no difference in the outcome of your pregnancy, which apparently you’re not interested in anyway.
    DD1: June '16 DD2: March ‘19 :::: Married since 2011 :::: USN Wife ::::
  • harpseal135harpseal135 member
    edited April 2020
    mama2_5 said:
    For those who experienced bleeding similar to what I described, not necessarily the outcome but if they discovered a cause or just what it was like for them. Simply just experience, that's all.
    After being quoted, people can still see your origional posts.  Just because you didn't get the "experiences" it does not warrant a DD. 

What one person experiences has no bearing on what you experience. Even in subsequent pregnancies you can not compare them, as each one is different.

How are we supposed to know what the cause of bleeding is??

Sex?? SCH??? Some women just bleed during pregnancy???  Another etopic???? A miscarriage??? There are any number of reasons you can bleed - hence why I said in my 1st response to contact your doctor and see what they say. 

• meggymemeggyme member
    edited April 2020
    @kiki75 I took that to mean she was planning a home birth and then had to have a C section due to the previa. Not that she went into labor with a home birth and somehow wound up in the hospital only to find a previa. Not that it has any relevance to the rest of her post.
    DD1: June '16 DD2: March ‘19 :::: Married since 2011 :::: USN Wife ::::