October 2020 Moms
Options

Meal Plan Monday 3/30

Sorry I haven’t been doing this thread. Meal planning has gone to the wayside with all my food aversions. I actually started Hello Fresh this past week and it’s been the best! 
Here are the meals for this week 

- Gnocchi in creamy mushroom sauce with spinach 
- Steak strips in mushroom and red onion gravy, cheesy potato wedges and roasted broccoli 
- Chicken chow mein 
- Thai pork and green bean stir fry
- Twice baked potato casserole (because MH came home with a 55lb bag of potatoes) 
Me: 27 DH: 27
Married 6/15/13
BFP #1 5/8/16, EDD 12/31/16- DD born 9/10/16 at 24 weeks 
~In our hearts forever~
BFP #2 10/14/17, EDD 7/1/18

Re: Meal Plan Monday 3/30

• Options
    edited March 2020
    I made a potato leek and bacon soup🥓 🥔🍵 it’s delicious & I’m so thankful most of my aversions are gone!  

The bacon was CRAZY expensive and hard to find (there isn’t much of a market for bacon) BUT one store in the  country sells it for the lush!!! I’m devouring it with pure delight 😋
  • Options
    It’s not a pretty colour but it’s yummy!!

Super easy to make all you need is butter, leeks, garlic, potatoes, milk, bacon and chicken stock! O and cheese if you’re going all out... 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I’m usually a huge meal planner but there is no point right now because I can never find everything I need in one trip with grocery stores being out of stock of so much. I did find all the ingredients for tacos so I’m excited about that! 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Props to you all for meal planning... I’m terrible at it 🤷🏼‍♀️
  • Options
    Meal planning has actually been easier for me now that I’m not grocery shopping as much  because I’m forced to use what I have. 

Meal ideas for this week: 
    - burrito bowls with pinto beans, rice, roasted veggies and avocado 
    - butternut squash stuffed shells with spinach
    - chickpea noodle soup with rolls 
    - Moroccan couscous stuffed acorn squash 
    - teriyaki tofu stir fry with quinoa 
  • Options
    Hello Fresh is awesome.  Blue Apron and Home Chef were good, too.
    Current pregnancy -
    First BFP on 1/4/22.  Due date 9/13/22.

Four prior losses, no living children - 1 first trimester miscarriage, 1 blighted ovum, 1 chemical, and one extreme premature live birth daughter who died at 15 days old.

• Options
    Me too, @mamahosch!! We’re also the type of family that when we do actually “meal plan” we’re like “meh, don’t feel like that tonight, what else we got?”
  • Options
    themoonandmethemoonandme member
    edited March 2020
    I'm not a huge meal planner but I did make a list of 15 meals to make over the next two weeks so that we wouldn't have to go to the grocery store or argue about takeout. Yesterday was what I like to call Trader Joe's chicken and if you have a TJ near you, grab the stuff next time you go! It's delish and easy.
    Container of TJ Zhoug sauce (it's green, in the refrigerated section), container of TJ garlic sauce (also in refrigerated section), mix them together, toss into a bowl of cubed chicken breast. Top with red onion and halved cherry tomatoes if you want and bake. Serve with TJ jasmine rice and TJ garlic naan bread. 

Other ideas: tacos, meatloaf, baked ziti, homemade pizza, chicken tamale casserole, burrito bowls. 
  • Options
    Meal planning has crashed and burned here. It was impossible to make a shopping list for several weeks so when you went it was just buy what you can find and pretend you’re on chopped every night. Haven’t been to the grocery store now in two weeks so that’s about how it’s still going. Pantry and freezer are well stocked with lots of random things but we are at the end of our fresh fruit and veggies. ☹️
  • Options
    ‘Meal planning’ for me has become making 2 or 3 big meals a week with lots of leftovers for lunches and dinner (crock pot full of chilli this past weekend!).  It’s hard to find the ingredients I need, and I live pretty far north so I can’t buy fruits or veggies more than 2-3 days before I plan to use them or else they’re just spoiling in my fridge :(  Super hard to only go to the grocery store once a week!