November 2020 Moms
Options

Week 1 (11/01-11/07) Check-in w/o 03/30/20

This is the group check in for those of us due during the 1st week of November!

EDD/weeks+days: 

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green: 

Baby is the size of a(n): 

Upcoming appointments:

How are you feeling? 

Raves/Rants: 

Questions: 

GTKY: If you could have any job what would it be?

Re: Week 1 (11/01-11/07) Check-in w/o 03/30/20

• Options
    EDD/weeks+days: November 3/8w6d

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green: Finding out

Baby is the size of a(n): raspberry (popcorn)

Upcoming appointments: April 22nd for prenatal screening and ultrasound and a tele appointment with my GP should follow shortly after

How are you feeling? Symptoms are mild: sore breats and some fatigue. A bit anxious to see that everything is still going well on US in 3 weeks.

Raves/Rants: This isolation is making us cook such great food, it's almost fun! Since we couldn't go sugar shack, I homemade a sugar shack feast for brunch on Saturday. Delicious!

Questions: Is anyone already using some kind of stretch mark prevention cream or oil? If yes, which one?

GTKY: If you could have any job what would it be? An Art History Teacher
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    EDD/weeks+days: November 1st/9w1d

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green: Finding Out

Baby is the size of a(n): jacks and a blackberry

Upcoming appointments:  Normal OB appointment with pap and everything on 4/10 and Genetic Counseling and NIPT with US on 4/23

How are you feeling? I definitely have good days and bad days.  Today is a good day so far.  But I have days with bad nausea that lasts all day, headaches, sore boobs, etc.

Raves/Rants: I am enjoying being home still to get through the rest of the first trimester as it looks like I could be WFH through the end of April/early May.  That said, I also hate this isolation, but know that it is for a good reason.  We tried to make the best of this past weekend with yummy foods and lots of outside play time jumping in puddles and riding cars lol.

Questions: STM, has anyone tested a little out of the range for their glucose test before?  Since I am AMA I have to have (2) glucose tests.  I had my first on Friday and the normal range is 65-139 and I got a 64.  It says "low" on my patient portal, but I am hoping because it is literally 1 point that it doesn't mean I have to have further testing of any kind.  Clearly I am sure they will call me if it considered abnormal.

GTKY: If you could have any job what would it be?  I would live in NYC for sure and write for a magazine...or live in NYC and work as a neonatologist.  Those were my (2) dream jobs growing up. 
  • Options
    @bserena yes I totally agree! And the ability to hide symptoms, even though I have told my 2 bosses already, is key! 

@mimser I made a "Stretch Mark Soother" with essential oils and coconut oil the other week and have started to use that.  I got some pretty bad ones with DD, so trying to minimize how many more I get this time around.
  • Options
    EDD/weeks+days: 10/31 9w 2d

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green: Green

Baby is the size of a(n): cherry

Upcoming appointments: prenatal appt Friday 4/3

How are you feeling? Exhausted, nauseous. 

Raves/Rants: DH has really stepped up lately helping with what's usually "my chores"

Questions: anyone else's sex drive ramp up lately? 

GTKY: If you could have any job what would it be? Professional dog walker in a scenic area with temperate climate 

@mimser I'm also using an essential oil blend paired with a thick body butter. It worked well last pregnancy 
  • Options
    EDD/weeks+days: November 3rd / 9wks today

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green: we will be finding out hoping for team blue

Baby is the size of a(n): postage stamp 

Upcoming appointments: April 7th

How are you feeling? Nauseous and tired 

Raves/Rants: can’t eat anything and my mouth tastes disgusting all the time no matter how many times I brush. Yuck

Questions: anyone else have a bad taste in their mouth?

GTKY: If you could have any job what would it be? I would be a veterinarian 
  • Options
    @mimser What have you been cooking? We should definitely do a recipe sharing thread! I haven't started using any creams yet, but I will soon. Last time I made my own, and it didn't help at all (I already know I am quite prone to stretch marks), but it did help me with itchy/dry skin as my belly grew. Also, MH applied it every night and it became a really sweet ritual and chance to bond with belly/baby. 💜 
    @jaclyn0405 What kind of magazine would you write for?
    @bserena Yay for mild symptoms!
    @ksdelong20 Kudos to YH! Hoping for a good appt for you on Friday! 
    @baby-2-due I remember hearing other people talk about a bad taste or metallic taste - I hope it lets up soon!
    ---
    AFM, I had a good appt today, although MH couldn't come in the office with me after all. I saw a little embryo measuring a couple of days ahead (consistent with my guess about an early ovulation, but not enough to change EDD), with a good HB. I even saw it move! We went ahead and told my ILs, since it was the only time we'd be seeing them in person in who knows how long (we were delivering groceries), and my parents. Everyone is thrilled!
    TW
    Me: 33 DH: 32
    Started Dating: 2003 Married: 2013
    Started TTC August 2016
    BFP: 2/1/17 MC: 2/8/17
    BFP: 3/8/17 MMC: 5/1/17
    BFP: 7/23/17 EDD: 4/5/18
    BFP: 2/27/20

• Options
    Thank you ladies for your stretch mark creams recommendations!

@hedgepig this weekend I cooked a bunch of things including pea soup, braised beans, coffee and maple glazed bacon, marinated beets, a baked rising omelet... the last couple of days I've made a three cheese pasta from Delish, swedish meatballs, a pizza flavored sauteed rice. 

I'm so happy you had a good appointment and got to tell a few family members!
  • Options
    @hedgepig when I was in college, it was definitely Cosmo lol.  Now that my tastes are a bit more refined lol, it would probably be something like Southern Living or Parents.  Not sure either are written in NYC, but oh well haha.

And also yay for a great appointment and happy parents and in-laws! :smile:
  • Options
    EDD/weeks+days: November 5 8w+6

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green: Finding out ( I think)

Baby is the size of a(n): Raspberry/popcorn/jordan almond

Upcoming appointments: Tomorrow with a new OBGYN. I had been under the care of an RE until now. I've never used this doctor before, so I'm a little apprehensive. Also, anxious to see LO and know that they are doing ok in here.

How are you feeling? BLAH. I'm nauseous and exhausted all day long. Sore breasts are on-off. I'm moody and only want to eat carbs and sugar. Also, TMI but constipated and have had an upset stomach for a while.

Raves/Rants: Starting to go a little stir crazy being in out 1,000 square foot apartment for the last 3 weeks! I live on a very busy street in Brooklyn and I hear ambulance sirens all day which reminds me of how lucky we are to be "bored inside" and not sick outside. MH has been pretty amazing through this. He is still working and I was laid off which gives me ample time to lay around and drink water.

Questions: None!

GTKY: If you could have any job what would it be? Bon Appetit test kitchen cook. 
  • Options
    @laurenmicheley FX for a good appt tomorrow and that you like your OB! As for dream jobs, we're on the same page!
    @mimser Wow, you really have been cooking! Sounds delicious! 
    TW
    Started TTC August 2016

• Options
    EDD/weeks+days: Nov. 4/ 9w0d

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green: finding out

Baby is the size of a(n): postage stamp

Upcoming appointments: 4/30 

How are you feeling? Tired. Sometimes nauseous but better when I eat right away.

Raves/Rants: I wish we could tell our family in person. I'm also worried that I'm going to hear my family more concerned than excited given the circumstances. I really hope things get better by November. Sorry if I'm just stating the obvious, but the uncertainty is getting to me. 

GTKY: If you could have any job what would it be? Realistically, I'd like to have a seasonal spring/summer job where I could work outdoors. Gardening work or something. Ideally, I'd love to become a published author. 
  • Options
    @baby-2-due I'm also getting a metallic taste, especially with water. I've been trying to add flavor to my water which helps some. 

@laurenmicheley honestly, I don't think there's much that's tmi here! Ha
  • Options
    @warmwinter My family says it's nice to have some good news during dark times. They're glad to have something happy to talk about!
    TW
    Started TTC August 2016

• Options
    @laurenmicheley GL today! Fx for lots of good news!
    TW
    Started TTC August 2016

• Options
    Yes, good luck today @laurenmicheley !! Fx that everything goes perfectly <3
  • Options
    I guess I'll check in here since I'm due the last week in October! I haven't had an appointment yet so it could change! 

EDD/weeks+days: 10w1d

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green: finding out!

Baby is the size of a(n): strawberry

Upcoming appointments: April 7 

How are you feeling? nausea is slightly easing up. Everything else is the same. Exhausted!

Raves/Rants: I wish the doctors here would see me before 12 weeks. With my first kiddo I remember getting my first u/s around 7 weeks! It was nice to know that after I got my BFP that yes, there is indeed something going on in there. I hate playing the waiting game. 

Questions: 

GTKY: If you could have any job what would it be? Tough one! I would want to own my own business. Probably something to do with food. 
  • Options
    @sjomomma hey there :) yes you would check in with us! I have had some complications so I was able to get an early u/s, but I can imagine how anxious I would be if I hadn't had one yet. Hopefully this time flies by for you so you can see your little one! 
  • Options
    EDD/weeks+days:  11/2...9 weeks 5 days

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green: Sooo finding out

Baby is the size of a(n): cherry

Upcoming appointments: May something 😱😳 (it’s in my calendar ❤️😍🥰). It’s probably a phone call for the 16 week apt. 

How are you feeling? Nausea is trying to get the best of me. Good news is insomnia might be going away. Last night was my second night to ACTUALLY sleep. SOOO AMAZING. 

Raves/Rants: We went for our ultrasound yesterday. It was simultaneously relieving, exciting, terrifying.  Somehow DH was able to come. I was so happy. Watching little baby 4 and hearing the heartbeat was so incredibly relieving. This baby is so wanted. Then the realization that we are probably going to have this baby is somehow overwhelming? We got pregnant REALLY fast with this one! I feel there’s still a residual level of shock that we ARE pregnant. I’m not sure why but there were so many feelings looking at our ultrasound yesterday. 

Questions: Anyone else feeling surprised/overwhelmed/shocked/happy? (If that’s possible!)

GTKY: If you could have any job what would it be? I just changed jobs to a Project Manager last fall. I’ve been pretty happy with the company, the work and people. I think I’m pretty happy job wise for now. (I like to mix it up every 2-3 years)
  • Options
    EDD/weeks+days:  9 weeks 1 day

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green:  Finding Out!

Baby is the size of a(n): Blackberry

Upcoming appointments:  just had my first US this past week (Apr 1), and my NT scan is booked for April 23, and with my next OB visit April 29

How are you feeling?  Exhausted.  Nauseous 80-90% of the time.  Bloated.  Did I mention exhausted?  

Raves/Rants:  Was super relieved to have an US and confirm everything is on track, and there’s a strong heartbeat.  Makes it more real, and I’m so grateful. 

I feel like now I want to tell our parents but we are all social distancing, and it’s really hard to think of delivering that big news over the phone or video chat.  It’s the first grandchild for all of them and I know I would love to be able to tell my mom in person.  

Questions:  Not ATM!

GTKY: If you could have any job what would it be?

I’d be self employed!  I’d have my own little shop of home luxury/apothecary items or interior design.