Baby Names
Options

Top 5- HELP!

We have our list narrowed to 5. I need other opinions to help us decide. Can you rank these names from you favorite to your least favorite? 

Zachary
Wade
Evan
Warren
Jace

Re: Top 5- HELP!

• Options
    Warren
    Evan
    Wade
    Zachary
    Jace
  • Options
    Evan
    Zachary
    Warren
    Jace
    Wade
    DD1: June '16 DD2: March ‘19 :::: Married since 2011 :::: USN Wife ::::
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Warren
    Zachary
    Evan
    Jace/wade
  • Options
    Warren
    Evan
    Zachary
    Wade
    Jace
    * If Jace were Jason nn Jace, it would have gotten number 2 spot
  • Options

Zachary (although i prefer Zachariah)
    Warren
    Evan/Wade tied for me
    Dislike Jace
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Warren
    Zachary
    Evan
    Wade
    Jace 
  • Options
    Wade
    Warren
    Evan
    Zachary
    Jace

Also would like Wade or Jace in the middle name spot if you choose another first :)  
  • Options
    Thanks everyone! For those that like Warren, what do you think of with that name? For some reason, I can only imagine it on an old man. 😂
  • Options
    I like that it's uncommon but not weird. It sounds mature and sophisticated to me. 
  • Options
    Thanks everyone! For those that like Warren, what do you think of with that name? For some reason, I can only imagine it on an old man. 😂

Warren is not weird on a baby at all. Old man names are soooo adorable on babies, then they grow into them. I know baby boys named Harvey, Frank, Floyd , Walter! LOVE IT

• Options
    I like Warren, Evan and Zachary a lot. 
    Wade is ok. 
    Throw Jace far away or lengthen to Jason. 
    Me: 27 DH: 27
    Married 6/15/13
    BFP #1 5/8/16, EDD 12/31/16- DD born 9/10/16 at 24 weeks 
    ~In our hearts forever~
    BFP #2 10/14/17, EDD 7/1/18

• Options
    I like Warren, because its refreshing.  It grows well growing up, and it sounds very professional when it comes time for job interviews.  A name grows with a person and some names just don't age well.  
  • Options
    mrscourt131mrscourt131 member
    edited March 2020
    I typically have a two part test for names... 1) Can I imagine hollering it on a baseball field to my 8/9/10 year old and 2) Can I imagine them using it in a job interview as an adult. Warren certainly satisfies the 2nd, I'm not sold on the first. Hubby loves this name though. I do like it, just wish it had a nn attached that I could use when he's younger. The only one I can think of is "ren" and thats a girls name (Wren). 

Your input certainly provides perspective though so thank you! I have a tendency to over analyze so I will try to do less of that!
  • Options
    I typically have a two part test for names... 1) Can I imagine hollering it on a baseball field to my 8/9/10 year old and 2) Can I imagine them using it in a job interview as an adult. Warren certainly satisfies the 2nd, I'm not sold on the first. Hubby loves this name though. I do like it, just wish it had a nn attached that I could use when he's younger. The only one I can think of is "ren" and thats a girls name (Wren). 

Your input certainly provides perspective though so thank you! I have a tendency to over analyze so I will try to do less of that!
    Sorry, but a job and the strongest of a name is more important than what it sounds like calling your kids name on an athletic field (if he even chooses to play sports).  If you truly want a NN I know a kid whose name is Renaldo and he goes by Ren - completely different than Wren. 

Need to look at the bigger picture.   There was a girl on an opposing lacrosse team and her name was Gertrude (12 year old) not odd at all - it's her name! It was called out multitude of times what's odd about calling a kid by their given name, whether is be "cool" like Jace or "old man" Warren? 

• Options
    A plus is when you do yell it across the baseball/ football/ soccer/ whatever field, he won't be one of 10 kids that look because his name will be unique. 
  • Options
  • Options

Sorry, but a job and the strongest of a name is more important than what it sounds like calling your kids name on an athletic field (if he even chooses to play sports).  If you truly want a NN I know a kid whose name is Renaldo and he goes by Ren - completely different than Wren. 

Need to look at the bigger picture.   There was a girl on an opposing lacrosse team and her name was Gertrude (12 year old) not odd at all - it's her name! It was called out multitude of times what's odd about calling a kid by their given name, whether is be "cool" like Jace or "old man" Warren? 

Well, we may have to agree to disagree on this one. I want a name that fits at all ages (not just childhood and not just adulthood). The baseball field is what's familiar to my family and what we love to do.... so that's the example I use. But that being said, I do still appreciate your opinion!! That's what I asked for!
  • Options
    Wade
    Warren
    Zachary
    Evan
    Jace
    Craft Blog
  • Options
    Warren
    Zachary 
    Evan

Wade

Jace 
  • Options
    This has helped! I really liked Jace but seeing as how it’s universally disliked I have scratched it from my list!
  • Options
    Jace
    Even
    Warren
    Zachary 
    Wade