June 2020 Moms
Options

March appointments

A place to share your appointment updates with the group. 

Re: March appointments

• Options
    I had my 28 week today. Measuring on track, got my tb vaccine and gd test drawn. I cannot believe how fast time is going by!! 
  • Options
    We had an ultrasound on Monday to get pics of the heart because blueberry didn't cooperate at the 20 week. The tech got a lot more views than that. Like an hour's worth and was really digging in. I was SO sore and yesterday was in a ton of pain all day. Is that normal after an US? I haven't had much in the way of pain for most of the pregnancy so far so its making me nervous.

On the bright side, the heart is perfect so that's good :)
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @SpartanCat I have definitely been sore after an US, especially if there's a lot of pushing/digging.  I usually take Tylenol, and try to rest.  I remember it really bothering me in my first pregnancy, but now I have toddler elbows and knees to contend with and it sort of blends into the background noise of having a 2-year-old. :(  I hope you feel better soon. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @kyrwyn thanks I'm glad to know it's normal. It was better today but still uncomfortable. I've been so anxious about everything this (my first) pregnancy and everything just feels weird it's hard to tell when it's something to be concerned about or not.
  • Options
    @SpartanCat remember they're pushing on all your abdominal muscles. 

Had my 25 week check up Tuesday and all was well. They said I could ask for pt to help with pelvic pain. Has anyone done this? Did you find it useful?

Have to do my glucose test at some point in the next two weeks.  Does anyone know if Quest Diagnostics can do it? That's where I normally get lab work done. 
    Me 29 DH 33
    Married 10/2016
    TTC since 04/2019
    BFP 10/12/2019, estimated 6 weeks
    EDD 06/07/2020
  • Options
    Currently sitting in a building where they diagnosed coronavirus yesterday wland waiting for my ultrasound.  Nervous for a different reason this time. 
  • Options
    @kerco925 wash hands! I’m sure they did crazy disinfecting if their hospital is anything like ours though. Just a little comfort 😊

@SpartanCat definitely can be sore-especially if it was an hour! And from all those angles. This late in pregnancy your abs are so not in the right places anymore it can also make a difference compared to earlier ultrasounds (this from someone who gets one from MFMs at each appointment)

@kyrwyn if only there was a way to teach them how much their jabs hurt 😂 DD doesn’t understand at all that when she kicks around for fun during a diaper change, my jaw doesn’t appreciate it

Married: 12/19/15         

BFP: 9/4/17             
    EDD: 5/16/18
    DD born 5/10/18
    Postpartum Complications

BFP: 10/1/19
    EDD: 6/12/20
  • Options
    @horsesmeetbaby I have gone to Quest for the Glucose a few times, so that should work. 
  • Options
    I had my monthly check up yesterday. Before the check up I went to the lab in the building and got the whopping cough vaccine. All is good. Heard babies heartbeat again! The dr mentioned Corona virus and said not to travel or go in crowds, even crowded restaurants. I take a crowded train to and from work each day. So that didn’t make me feel great. Next apt is Tuesday at the hospital to do the glucose test and then get my winrho vaccine. After that next monthly check up is April 8th. Then after that every 2 weeks. Tomorrow I’m 28 weeks. 3rd trimester. Ahhhhh this is all suddenly going so fast!
  • Options
    I had an OB appt today, all is good. Thankfully my BP is normal (second checkup in a row now), fundal height is on track, HB is good. Glucose test next week, and next OB will be in 3 weeks and will probably get Rhogam shot at that appt and then go to every 2 week appts after that. There are officially 100 days until my due date! 

TTC#1 - March 2013

BFP 8/9/13 - EDD 4/14/14 - DS born 4/23/14

TTC#2 November 2015

Dx: Secondary IF June 2016

Medicated IUI cycle#1- Clomid+IUI -1/15/17 -BFN

Break Mid 2017 - Resumed TTC December 2018

"She believed she could so she did..."

Medicated IUI cycle#2- Femara 5mg+IUI 12/22/18 - BFP 1/4/19 - MMC 2/1/19

Saline Sono 3/15/19 - All Clear!

Medicated IUI cycle#3- Femara 7.5mg+IUI 3/28/19-BFN

Medicated IUI cycle#4- Femara 5mg+Gonal F 50iu+IUI 4/27/19- BFP 5/11/19 - MMC 6/12/19 - D&C 6/14/19-

Incomplete M/C Repeat D&C - 7/3/19 -Testing concluded baby was genetically normal  :'(

Dx: Unexplained RPL July 2019 - Tested + as carrier for Usher Syndrome & Familial Mediterranean Fever 

Saline Sono 8/7/19 - Mostly Clear! All systems go for IVF#1 

But will need a repeat Saline Sono between ER and FET

IVF #1 - Antagonist Protocol - 8/17/19

ER#1 8/27/19 - 12R, 6F, 4 biopsied+frozen! (3d5blasts + 1d6blast)- 2 PGS normal embabies!

Saline Sono 9/13/19 - All Clear! Onto FET Prep#1

FET#1 - 4AA -10/4/19 - BFP 10/14/19 - EDD - 6/21/20 -Beta#1-10dp5dt- 379 Beta#2-12dp5dt- 1007 Beta#3-14dp5dt- 2844

DD born 6/15/20  <3

• Options
    @horsesmeetbaby I went to pt with my last pregnancy and it was a complete game changer. I highly recommend giving it a shot. I went for si joint pain. 
  • Options
    Going for the glucose test next week and my 28 week OB appt is on the 31st. I’m planning to talk to her about taking off work early for my back pain.
  • Options
    My next OB appointment is next week, it's for glucose test, blood, shots, etc. We have community spread here, schools, businesses, officer are closing, and my doctor delivers at a hospital that is treating multiple cases now. So, as my home birth midwife is seeing me for all appointments anyway, I'm going to not see my doctor again. I've only been seeing him for back up and cheap labs, so unless a concern shows up I see no more reason to risk exposure. If something comes up I'll for sure call in and go for more tests, but no more healthy visits in a high risk location!
    1st born at 35+4 on 6/6/16
    Team green turned BLUE!
    2nd born at 38+6 on 8/30/18 
    Team green turned PINK!
    Due with #3 on 6/6/20 Team Green

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Just finished my OB appointment, everything looks good, carry on as much as usual as possible. I have a diabetic counseling check in tomorrow -- waiting to hear if that gets turned into a remote appointment. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Just finished my appointment. Doctor said I can continue working at the office as long as I keep my distance and wash hands frequently. So thankful, as I dreaded the isolation of working from home. I mentioned noticing decreased movement the past few days so she ordered an ultrasound just to check in on baby girl, and everything looks perfect. Here’s a pic in case anyone else is wondering what their baby looks like these days (I’m 26+4 and Bailey is measuring just over 2 lbs). 
  • Options
    I’ve got my glucose test and third trimester blood work coming up here shortly (27w today). My doctor called today to say we could do it all in office at my appointment so I didn’t have to go to the hospital. They’ve implemented a strict patient only policy. Thankful for that. 
  • Options
    I'm not at all excited to do my appointment tomorrow. My doctors office is on hospital campus. And it's blood work and glucose test and tdap. Ick.
    Team green turned BLUE!
    Team green turned PINK!

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I had my glucose test today. It was at the hospital blood clinic and it was almost empty which was great. No wait since you can’t schedule an apt for that. They took some blood. Made me drink a glucose drink within 5 mins. Do a urine test. Then wait 1 hour and draw more blood. They decided they needed to use the same arm for whatever reason and it was a different person doing it than the first test and she was having issues and yelled for the guy to come over who did the 1st test. I don’t know what they were doing but it hurt and took longer than normal. I have huge veins and that has never happened before. I expect a huge bruise tomorrow! Then I had to go get my winrho vaccine which was totally fine. Just feel tired and extra hungry today since I didn’t really eat anything until about noon. Ready for a nap but had to work (from home) all day. 
    I just pray I pass the test since I really do not want to go through that again! 
  • Options
    @spvern I’m surprised you had two blood draws. My GD test only included one an hour after I finished the drink.
  • Options
    @kjack86 I think the 1st one was a regular blood work, and the 2nd one was after the drink for the glucose test? I’m not sure but either way it wasn’t the most fun morning lol. Also I’m in Canada, so not sure if they do things differently? 
  • Options
    My diabetes counseling appointment got moved online, so I just emailed in all my numbers and won't have to go back to the office.  We had redundant followup scans scheduled somehow, so one of those dropped off our schedule too. Now our next in-person appointment is a follow up growth scan in 3 weeks.

DH was not able to come to my OB appointment with me today, and won't be able to come to subsequent appointments until the public health restrictions are relaxed. Only patients with appointments are allowed right now. I'm in Southern CA.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    edited March 2020
    @kyrwyn It is the same here. Only patients allowed at the appointments. They are also only seeing OB patients and emergencies. 

Had my regular appointment this morning. Everything looks good. I need to go for a growth scan in a few weeks because my last baby was huge and the doctor wants to check the size of this one. He is hopeful that we will be able to have the scan then but says if we have to cancel it, we will, since they are currently restricting ultrasounds. Also need to skip straight to 3 hour glucose, which will be done in a couple of weeks. 
  • Options
    Currently sitting here for my 1 hour glucose wait. Fingers crossed that it all comes back normal so I don’t have to do this again, especially with some labs shutting down or reducing hours.
    My OB appt is on the 31st so I guess I’ll find out then?
  • Options
    I saw my midwife yesterday for the glucose blood draw. I had called earlier in the day to cancel my appt for next week but they told me if I rescheduled I would miss the window to do the GD testing. They let me come in as the last appt of the day when no one else was there. I am considering cancelling my growth scan at 30 weeks since it's at the hospital and I would rather not have that exposure.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I had my 3 hour glucose test yesterday. The lab made me wait in my car in between blood draws. 3 hours in a small 2-door car was not ideal, but probably the right call given the current situation. I was so tired and exasperated by the time I got home I couldn't get the car into our very narrow garage. After 2 attempts, I had to call DH to come out and park it. :/ The lab I went to doesn't test for COVID but people probably drop by thinking that they do.

I have a 28 week appt next week and it's still on the books as far as I can tell. @kyrwyn good thing you noted that your husband couldn't come. This may be a practice-specific policy, but since we're in the same state that's now under shelter-in-place, I need to give my OB a call and ask. You're always ahead of the curve with information. :)
  • Options
    @mariabele that’s nice that they had you sit in your car! I wasn’t allowed to leave the waiting area just in case I had any issues. Thankfully there was only one other person sitting in there (also doing glucose testing) so we just sat far apart.
  • Options
    Off to an hospital appt. Tomorrow wearing a turtle neck to cover my fave and lysol wipes in my purse for door handles etc.. 
    Sort of dreading going but my midwife said the rogam shot im getting is very important. Cant wait till its over and im home 
  • Options
    Passed the one hour glucose test. I had a 30 week growth scan scheduled for 4/3 but the hospital just called to cancel it.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Just looking at my lab results from my appointment last week (had to get up the courage) and my counts definitely dropped on the last month 😬 I'm trying not to panic about it but I’m also starting to mentally prep for what that means. I have all the meds needed stockpiled for both maintenance of counts and emergency need to spike them temporarily (steroids) but absolutely HATE how those meds make me feel. 

On another note, apparently I gained 12 poundS between 24-28 weeks 🙄 is that normal? Doctor said she wasn’t concerned but oh my goodness. What the what? I’ve never had such a GIGANTIC spike before? And I hadn’t even been overindulging and I’ve been exercising! But if I’m hungry, I’m going to eat. Applesauce is a perfectly acceptable bedtime snack, body. I’m feeding a baby too. Please tell me I’m not there only one who had a spike? 

Married: 12/19/15         

BFP: 9/4/17             
    EDD: 5/16/18
    DD born 5/10/18
    Postpartum Complications

BFP: 10/1/19
    EDD: 6/12/20
  • Options
    @alli392 I haven't been able to gain weight, or even maintain my intake weight, but in the last couple weeks I finally gained back 2 lbs. That's a spike for me! 

So sorry to hear about your counts. Steroids are so awful to be on. :( 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Finally got ahold of someone in radiology and got my 32 week growth ultrasound scheduled, April 11th. Hoping he's growing right on track. He was at 28 weeks but they want to double check because of my extra lobe on my placenta.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    @alli392 My body just insists on gaining a ton of weight unless I do a crap ton of cardio during pregnancy. But...I also can't do cardio that isn't swimming with my pelvis, and I'm too poor to swim in Northern Illinois. So baby 1 I pushed myself thru pain, did a lot of exercise, and gained 32 lbs by delivery-which was am entire month early. A totally normal amount of weight, but again I was running miles per week and walking even more miles, taking care of a horse, etc. And my pelvis hasn't ever fully recovered. So I spend pregnancy 2 & 3 not doing cardio and not able to exercise much at all. Gained 50 lbs with my second. I'm up 38 lbs now, been hitting 3 lbs per week for at least 4 weeks in a row now even though go eating somewhat less than previously. I still have 7-10 weeks to go. I'm always hungry and frequently ignore it or have fruit or a small handful of almonds. Doesn't seem to matter.
    Team green turned BLUE!
    Team green turned PINK!

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Just had my first appt in a while, with the glucose test and third tri blood work added to my regular appt. a nurse was outside taking temps and doing screenings and they staggered appts so only 1-2 patients are in the waiting room at a time. She did say that I can buy my own bp cuff and take it at home and forego coming into the office every 2 weeks. Idk how I feel about that, but I need another ultrasound in 3 weeks so after that I can decide. 
  • Options
    Had my glucose test, follow up US for low lo ying placenta, growth ultrasound due to measuring big, TDaP vaccine and regular OB appointment today.  Luke is measuring on the large size (70%ile) but not too big, my placenta is now 2.5cm from my cervix so I am cleared for a VBAC, and overall everything looks great. Should have my glucose results tomorrow. I teased my OB that I would just start doing my own prenatal care (since that is actually what I do for work) and come back to see her at 36wks for my GBS swabs but the little hiccup that I developed Pre-Eclampsia at 34 weeks last time will keep me from actually doing that.  Next appointment at 32 weeks then 34 or 36 depending on what we decide at my 32 wk visit.