Week 4 (11/22-11/30) check-in w/o 03/30/20

EDD/weeks+days: 

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green: 

Baby is the size of a(n): 

Upcoming appointments:

How are you feeling? 

Raves/Rants: 

Questions: 

GTKY: If you could have any job what would it be?

Re: Week 4 (11/22-11/30) check-in w/o 03/30/20

• crizz13crizz13 member
    edited March 2020
    EDD/weeks+days: 6 weeks today EDD 11/23

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green: Finding Out ASAP

Baby is the size of a(n): baby is the size of a sweet pea

Upcoming appointments: Intake call this Wednesday but still a few weeks away from an in person appointment. I just need to hear the heartbeat to ease my nerves. 

How are you feeling? Overall good. I am finding myself needing to eat more often to keep the nausea at bay. I also had heartburn last night and was PISSED. IT IS TOO EARLY FOR THAT!!!

Raves/Rants: Besides the obvious being stuck in our home and the world falling apart, no. 

Questions: Those of you who have a doppler - do you have a brand you recommend? I'm thinking since I'll be having less in person appointments, it'll give me peace of mind along the way if I have one. 

GTKY: If you could have any job what would it be? I would LOVE to be a photographer. Or a SAHM.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • EDD/weeks+days: Nov 23 / 6w1d

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green: finding out

Baby is the size of a(n): sweet pea (another app said chocolate chip but that made me want to vomit)

Upcoming appointments: 4/13 (but might have to cancel)

How are you feeling? All the morning sickness and exhaustion.

Raves/Rants: I had an incredibly tough day yesterday. DD has been sick since 3/21. It started with cough and fever so I immediately called doctor to see if she needed to be tested for covid - they said no. Fast forward to this past Sunday morning when she was having coughing fits so bad  she couldn't catch her breath and would gag and vomit. I called the pediatrician and they told us to come in for appointment Monday morning. We went in yesterday and were referred for chest x-ray. We found out she has pneumonia and were prescribed two different antibiotics and told to have her tested for covid. We spent all day trying to get her tested yesterday and trying to get her to take meds. It was awful. Meanwhile, morning sickness hit me hard starting Sunday too. It has been terrible. The fact that she might have covid is making me think I might have to push out my first ultrasound appointment. Also, I was nauseous a lot with DD but never puked.... well, this baby is different I guess because I puked this morning. UGH. Okay, sorry, rant over. I have no raves. That is how life is going right now. 

Questions: none.

GTKY: If you could have any job what would it be? Foreign affairs or political analyst for one of the three letter agencies. That was what I studied but life had other plans.
  • Loading the player...
  • @crizz13 I feel you on the heartburn!!! Mine started WAY earlier with this pregnancy and I was not impressed! Especially because I know it can only get worse from here as baby grows. :s

• EDD/weeks+days: 5 weeks 2 days . Due date is 11/30

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green: green

Baby is the size of a(n): Apple seed

Upcoming appointments: I got my blood taken yesterday because I have really bad thyroid issues . My doctors office had you text when you are in the parking lot so only one person is in there at a time so that’s nice . 

@crizz13 what the heck with the heartburn!! I never had that with the other pregnancies until the end . I am actually getting less morning sickness so that’s either a bad sign or the last baby might actually play semi nice with mommy who knows??

Raves/Rants: I think I’m going to tell my mom and sister tomorrow . If something happens I want them to lean on so I think they need to know . I’m the super sarcastic one of the family and I am always messing with people . I think I’m the morning I am going to send them a picture of the positive test with the words “ Happy April fools day “ and then go AWOL for a couple hours and let them stew on if they think I’m serious or not lol. Could be a fun day for me to break up all the rest of the crap going on right now 

Questions: 

GTKY: If you could have any job what would it be?

hmm I don’t know ?? 
  • EDD/weeks+days: ~6 weeks 

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green: Still uncertain which route we're going (which is to say, husband and I have not had a strong conversation about it, lol). 

Baby is the size of a(n): Sweet pea. (Also an earring back??? Seems smaller than a sweet pea, it's almost like these are rough estimates! :D)

Upcoming appointments: Set up my initial appointment for 4/13, with an 8AM sonogram to confirm dates since I didn't actually have a period to note as "first day of last period," lol, followed by the intake appointment. I was surprised they were setting them up, tbh. 

How are you feeling? Heartburn has started, thankfully it's occasional. Very mild nausea started yesterday, as well as the fatigue, so I'm guessing that things are ramping up in uterusland because blegh. 

@crizz13 Like for sure, wtf is with this heartburn?! I usually get it early and frequently, but this is unreal. 

Raves/Rants: Our OB's office is inside the hospital, so they were laying out what the process is for coming in for my appointment. It includes that no one can accompany you into the hospital, which bummed my husband out a bit. (They also check your temp when you come in.) Like, he's a smart dude, he understands it, but he tended to come with the most of my appointments last time and I think he liked feeling involved. 

Questions: 

GTKY: If you could have any job what would it be? I'd probably swerve into web development tbh, I really enjoy it. Before I decided to go to school for tech support, I also considered training to become a doula or leaning into baking, those would be cool. 
  • @scatteringashes I thought being a doula or midwife would be cool too, but I couldn't handle the crazy hours! 
    TW
    Me: 33 DH: 32
    Started Dating: 2003 Married: 2013
    Started TTC August 2016
    BFP: 2/1/17 MC: 2/8/17
    BFP: 3/8/17 MMC: 5/1/17
    BFP: 7/23/17 EDD: 4/5/18
    BFP: 2/27/20

• EDD/weeks+days: 6 weeks today

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green: Green 

Baby is the size of a(n): Sweet Pea

Upcoming appointments: April 15th. I don't know if they will schedule an U/S but I really hope they do. I need to see this baby to ease my mind! 

How are you feeling? Bloated and Tired!

Raves/Rants: None this week

Questions: None

GTKY: If you could have any job what would it be? A writer. I have a bunch of stuff written down and the start of 2 different series I think would be cool. But, I am super self conscious so I probably won't do anything with any of it. 
  • EDD/weeks+days: November 23, 6 wks 1 day

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green: probably finding out!

Baby is the size of a(n): jelly bean

Upcoming appointments: I have a scan scheduled for Monday but after seeing my doctor yesterday she encouraged me to reschedule for a couple weeks out so we could see more development. 

How are you feeling? I feel all over the place. Sometimes nauseated and starving. Sometimes totally fine! Emotionally I feel nervous since I had a MC late last year. Trying to stay positive. 

Raves/Rants: My rave is for my husband who doesn’t care what we have for dinner. So I get to make whatever I want. Last night I made waffles and he thought it was great. My rant is that potty training my 3 year old has been so not fun. Also my weird shaped abdomen. I haven’t gained weight yet but my stomach looks so odd. 

Questions: any STMs have way different symptoms from pregnancy to pregnancy? So far I feel a lot more gross when I wake up than I remember feeling last time around.  

GTKY: If you could have any job what would it be? I considered going back to school to become a marriage and family therapist. But I’ve spent way too long at college to think of going back right now.  
  • @krystrist2014 I'm so sorry about your daughter! I hope she's ok, recovers quickly and that it's not covid! 

@ecolton01 did you tell your mom and sis?!

@surlyjaneausten - yes, this is my third pregnancy and they have all been different. My first two were night and day and so I was sure the second was going to be a boy....nope, ha! This one has been (so far) in between the other two in terms of intensity of symptoms. 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • @hedgepig That was exactly why I opted not to go for it. I didn't know if I'd be having more kids when I was making "Okay, what next for my career?" choices (I'd been a freelance writer for years and hated it), and I ultimately concluded that as a then single mom with a young kid, the hours required to be a doula weren't going to work for me.
  • @crizz13 interesting! I know that obviously different pregnancy symptoms doesn’t really mean a different gender, but it doesn’t stop me from thinking things like “oh, I’m craving sweets, this MUST be a girl!” 😆