Trying to Get Pregnant

TFAS w/o 3/30

**This is a check-in for those with babies/children at home. Please be mindful that the discussion of living children in the WTO/TWW threads is prohibited unless extremely pertinent to your current cycle.**

**If you are having a hard day re TTC or TTCAL, please note that this thread will discuss living children and/or issues specifically dealing with parenting and/or babies. Pregnancy may also be mentioned. Please lurk at your own discretion.** 

What number are you trying for? 

Month/Cycle? 

WTO/TWW? 

Ages of other child(ren)? 

Any thoughts about this cycle? 

Any questions? 

Rant/Rave?

GTKY: What self care do you have planned for this week? 
TTC History- *TW* LC
Me: 24 Dh: 46
Married: 10.2018
DS #1: 06.2014
Hyperemesis Gravidarum (HG), Emergency C-Section
MC: 03.2017- 5 Weeks
Rainbow DS #2: 07.2018
HG, 19w Fetal Surgery, 24w PPROM, 33w Placental Abruption, Partial Uterine Rupture, Emergency C-Section
NICU, Chronic Kidney Disease
TTC #3: Medically Cleared 12.5.2019, had a bunch of problems and wonky cycles
BFP 10.13.2020 EDD: 6.26.2021

October 2020 TTGP Signature Challenge: Pets in Costumes

Re: TFAS w/o 3/30

• What number are you trying for? 2

Month/Cycle? 2/2

WTO/TWW? TWW

Ages of other child(ren)? 14mo

Any thoughts about this cycle? Meh! 

Any questions? Nada

Rant/Rave? Governor just ordered a 30 day lockdown, so this should be interesting. We’ve been staying at home anyway, but as an extrovert I’m having a hard time not seeing and interacting with other people as regularly as I’m used to.

GTKY: What self care do you have planned for this week? I might get wild and deviate from my normal WFH routine to straighten my hair one day! 
  • What number are you trying for? 3

Month/Cycle? 3/2

WTO/TWW? WTO

Ages of other child(ren)? DD is almost 3, ds just turned 1

Any thoughts about this cycle? Cd4 currently, so just bummed about the last one not working out.

Any questions?

Rant/Rave? It's been really hard not being able to take the kids to let off some energy with friends or cousins.

GTKY: What self care do you have planned for this week?  We started work on the garden yesterday, so I'm looking forward to planting and just digging in the dirt.
    BabyName Ticker BabyFetus Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • What number are you trying for? 3

Month/Cycle? 6/10

WTO/TWW? TWW

Ages of other child(ren)? 3.5 and 1.5

Any thoughts about this cycle? Feeling pretty good. Nervous given what happened last cycle. 

Any questions? Not really

Rant/Rave? We transition our youngest to a toddler bed last week since she kept crawling out of her crib dangerously. First two nights were great. Since then it sucked. Doesn’t help she has a bad cold and is teething so sleep is hard to come by right now. Definitely starting to go stir crazy being cooped up at home all the time. 

GTKY: What self care do you have planned for this week? 
    Trying to get outside every day and exercise, relaxing after work (I work evenings) instead of doing extra work. 
  • @cassafrass15 can you do a zoom happy hour or call with friends?
    @sejica sorry the last cycle didn’t work out. But hope this group can be helpful :) what are you going to grow in your garden? 
  • What number are you trying for? 2

Month/Cycle? 5/5

WTO/TWW? TWW

Ages of other child(ren)? 4

Any thoughts about this cycle? Weirdly optimistic. This cycle is lining up weirdly exact with the one 5 years ago that I got pregnant with DS. Including testing just after Easter. I also had the highest LH surge yet (premom t/c ratio)

Any questions? Nope

Rant/Rave? Rant: Allergies have me wondering if I am sick or not. Rave: my company is paying me for 5 days a week and I am only working 3 since DS daycare is closed and I have to bring him with me. 

GTKY: What self care do you have planned for this week? I will probably curl my hair and do a full face of makeup while I zone out with a movie. Face masks, maybe a bath. 
  • @allthingscozy I just put the red onions, scallions, Bibb, romaine, and Nevada lettuce seeds in the ground. That bed will eventually have radishes, 2 types of carrots, turnips, lemon cucumbers, zucchini and yellow summer squash, 2 types of winter squashes, Bush beans, and so.much.corn. We also have some containers that will get herbs and tomatoes and more squashes, and another bed which will get pole beans and pepper plants. 
    If you're looking for good evening exercise, gardening is definitely that!
  • What number are you trying for? #2

Month/Cycle? Now 2/ still waiting for a cycle

WTO/TWW? WTO but I’m 6 days late and multiple BFN’s

Ages of other child(ren)? 3.5

Any thoughts about this cycle? It hasn’t started yet and I googled like an idiot and didn’t see anything to curb my stress about it

Any questions? How long did it take your cycle to come back after coming off the pill? 

Rant/Rave? I broke down and cried this morning. I know it’s only now cycle 2, well waiting for it, but I just wanted normal cycle to come back and not have to use Provera or Clomid. I’m on metformin now. 

GTKY: What self care do you have planned for this week? None and I so desperately need to!
    DS born 2016
  • @jbal918, about 55 days for me with my first, but I have long cycles (~34 days). We're you on the pill before your first?
  • jbal918jbal918 member
    edited April 2020
    Removed
    DS born 2016
  • jbal918jbal918 member
    edited April 2020
    Edited 
    DS born 2016
  • @bows22 sorry about that! I thought this post was ok to. My bad. 
    DS born 2016
  • @cassafrass15 I hope you've found time to change up your routine a bit this week. Have you considered finding ways to interact with friends using video chatting apps to help lessen the blow of social distancing and stay at home orders?
    @sejica I'm sorry you're bummed about last cycle not working out. I'm bummed too and it's okay to feel that way. It happens. Hang in there! I hope you enjoy some gardening this week!
    @stillcozy I'm sorry the toddler bed transition has been rough. I hope you all start to feel better soon and that you can get outside for some fresh air!
    @legendairymomma I love that you're optimistic about this cycle! I'm rooting for you! I'm also sorry your allergies haven't been great. Pollen counts are really high all over the place right now so it's no wonder they're so bad. I hope you feel better soon!
    @jbal918 Thank you for editing your post. There are several people in here who, though they have been pregnant before and have children, are struggling with secondary infertility and seeing BFP announcements can be very hard. Even for some of us who don't struggle with IF, it's still hard. That's why we have weekly grad threads in the board that have specific guidelines to post. Thanks for being understanding.

What number are you trying for? 3
    Month/Cycle? 5/5 (3 unbenched)
    WTO/TWW? WTO
    Ages of other child(ren)? 1.5, 5.5
    Any thoughts about this cycle? Not yet. I'll probably O sometime next weekend so I have plenty of time to get some good HIO in.
    Any questions? Anyone here have treatments impacted by everything going on? How are you holding up? How can we support you?
    Rant/Rave? I start my drug and alcohol counseling courses on the 13th which I'm very excited about. It's a two week continuing education credit course, and I have three of them to take. I should have my courses completed to apply for provisional drug and alcohol counseling licensing by the end of June. I also moved my start date for my practicum hours so I can get a few more courses under my belt while maintaining flexibility should I be lucky enough to get pregnant while I'm still in grad school so those hours will start in December. My kids have been going a little stir crazy and I'm struggling to keep everyone sane, but making solid plans for things well into the summer and fall has been helping all of us stay focused that this won't last forever.
    GTKY: What self care do you have planned for this week? I might ask MH to give me a massage tonight. I severely injured my right shoulder yesterday and was in so much pain I couldn't move the arm. Thankfully with some heat and stretching the pain is getting better, so now I just REALLY want the muscle to be massaged out.
    TTC History- *TW* LC
    HG, 19w Fetal Surgery, 24w PPROM, 33w Placental Abruption, Partial Uterine Rupture, Emergency C-Section

• @ashaislurking Thank you guys. My old board you could announce it and I wasn’t thinking when I posted. I wish you ladies all the best. And thank you for being nice about me being dumb lol
    DS born 2016
  • @allthingscozy I actually downloaded and had my first zoom chat with a friend today. It’s amazing how much better I felt! Also, I think you making an effort to get outside every day is also something I should try, even if just to water my plants! 

@ashaislurking Good luck with your courses! And that’s incredibly cool that you’re pursuing a career in drug & alcohol counseling. Those counselors, along with hard work and a commitment to sobriety, have saved more than one of my friend’s/family member’s lives. 
  • @cassafrass15 my drug and alcohol counseling certification is a secondary certification that I'm pursuing along with my master's in clinical mental health counseling. Mental health will be my primary focus, but I do want to be able to work with dual diagnosis clients. The more a client can build a relationship with a single counselor the better the outcomes of treatment. 
    TTC History- *TW* LC