September 2020 Moms

Product Spotlight 3/30: Bouncers & Swings

This weeks product spotlight is all about bouncers and swings!! Feel free to use the prompts or just type away! Links/photos welcome.
I snagged a schedule that's been used I think by a few BMBs now, but if you guys want to add/change anything let me know!!

This is a place for FTMs to ask questions about, S+TMs to share their prior experience with, and everyone to share what they're eyeing in the world of maternity, baby and postpartum products. Each week we'll spotlight a new category of product to help streamline and make it easier to look back and reference!

To view past Product Spotlights or the upcoming schedule, see here: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1fCSvGqefiQ7m-cqNEBzPuaIqF7BL2ost0Ta2sMjC-8w/edit?usp=sharing

For S+TMs (or FTMs that already have said item): 

• Individual (e.g., lifestyle) factors that might influence your choice:
  • Favorite bouncer/swing:
  • Link/picture:
  • Cost (either actual dollar amount, or just $, $$, $$$, etc.):
  • What you like and don't like about it:
  • Any special features? (comfort, sound, motion, convenience, etc)
  • Is there a bouncer/swing you don’t have but are considering? Why?:
  • Is there a bouncer/swing you've tried that you absolutely hate? Why?: 
  • What were your favorite or must have accessories?
  • How easy is it to clean?
  • Additional thoughts on bouncers/swings?:

For FTMs:

bouncer/swing(s) you’re currently interested in:

• Cost (either actual dollar amount, or just $, $$, $$$, etc.):
  • Any questions for S+TMs?:

(template taken from August 2020)

Re: Product Spotlight 3/30: Bouncers & Swings

• My mom got us the Fisher-Price sweet dreams swing and cradle. It was a return to her store (Kohl's) so it was massively reduced.
    It plays music, goes both side to side and front to back, has lights and a mobile, although the mobile part stopped working on mine. Basically it's the Rolls Royce of baby swings lol. DS loved it and napped in it most days when he was younger.
    Momma to 3 angels and two amazing children
    F born June 2018
    W born September 2020
    #3 due November 2022
  • We have a bouncer and swing. The swing was clutch. Both boys loved it. I appreciated that the direction of swinging could be changed and the angle of the seat could be adjusted. If you get a swing make sure it plugs in and does not run off batteries. I had friends that were burning through batteries. The bouncer had a smaller window of usefulness since the incline was more upright, but was helpful as a stash place during showers once head control was solid. I believe the brand is ingenuity but I couldn’t find a link.

Pregnancy TickerDS1 8/15
    DS2 5/17
    #3 Due 9/20
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • @Louise_Belcher good point about plug in vs battery! We had a second swing that lived at my parents motorhome while they were here that was battery powered and that was fine for the time, but definitely the plug in was a lifesaver.
    Momma to 3 angels and two amazing children
    F born June 2018
    W born September 2020
    #3 due November 2022
  • I'm not sure about the swing/bouncer yet, is there any that's kind of like a two in one? I found this one that I'm interested in because it also vibrates and I guess babies think that's the shit? Worst case scenario, I will go used because I don't want to spend like $150-200 on two separate things like that lol. Plug in for me is a must.

• @raesky1111 we have the bare bones version of this one that we got 3 years ago. It’s battery operated and swings on three settings. Both my boys loved it over the super expensive mamaroo we were gifted (both hated that). I definitely agree plug in should be a must. The batteries get so expensive!
  • My kiddo hated the swing and honestly I can’t remember what kind we had but he looooved his Baby Bjorn Bouncer! We got it at a second hand store for $12 but apparently they are more like a $199 item (ours is an older model though). It works from something like 8lbs to 30lbs he could honestly still be lounging in it now had he not realized that it makes a cracking toy catapult.
    The fabric part comes off so it can go in the wash. It is rocked by the baby’s movement so it is a gentle rocker when they are tiny.
    I loved it when he was a newborn because it was honestly the only way I could put him down sometimes. He liked to be able to look around a bit.