Trying to Get Pregnant

TWW Tuesday 3/31

edited March 2020 in Trying to Get Pregnant

**This is a thread that welcomes all regardless of where they are at in their TTC journeys. Please be mindful of topics that are discussed that could be hurtful to those going through tough times. Mention of children or pregnancies of others should have a TW (trigger warning) and be in a spoiler if possible, and only be mentioned if it is extremely pertinent to the conversation. Thanks for keeping this a safe place for us all to engage!** 

Month/Cycle: 

CD/DPO: 

Timing: 

Typical LP length: 

Testing: 

R/R: 

CS/Q: 

Re: TWW Tuesday 3/31

• Month/Cycle: 8/3

CD/DPO: 26/9

Timing: -3,-2,-1, 0, +1

Typical LP length: 🤷🏻‍♀️

Testing: April 3rd, 12DPO

R/R: I have spiralled into symptom spotting or obsessing over COVID and how to provide safe care while also protecting myself so my goal today is to do something where I do not think about either things at all for an extended period of time  

CS/Q: what do you do to get your mind off the TWW?

• This is my first one of these, so hopefully I do it right!

@tryingktogku that's a great question and I've been wondering the same thing! I'm new to this and so far it's been pretty consuming (and the whole being-forced-to-stay-home-due-to-an-ongoing-global-pandemic thing really isn't helping, haha). I guess these days the best escape from obsessing over anything (TWW, aforementioned pandemic etc.) that I have is playing the new Animal Crossing game, anyone else have it? Such a fun game to just chill out with.

Month/Cycle: 1/1

CD/DPO: 33/12

Timing: -1, 0, +1

Typical LP length: 12-14 (still figuring it out)

Testing: Negative test today and I have all the classic signs of being about to get my period.

R/R: My state issued a stay-at-home order yesterday that extends through June 10. I've honestly been handling self-quarantine pretty well so far (I'm on week three), but the idea that we potentially have two and a half more months of this is really bumming me out!

CS/Q: I've started temping and it is not going well- my numbers are all over the place. Been reading TCOYF and the author talks about it like it's so easy but also makes it seem like you need such controlled conditions (wake up at the same time every day, don't get up to pee during the night, alcohol can affect it, the number of blankets you use can affect it, and on and on...). Any tips for how people actually manage to get accurate temps without going crazy trying to account for all of those factors?

• Loading the player...
  • Morning everyone, moving over here since I have had two days of negative OPK’s still waiting for cross hairs on FF.

@tryingktogku sorry symptom spotting And COVID are taking a toll on you. I’d say trying to distract yourself with something positive if you can would be helpful :)
    @the_most_happy how long have you been temping? There will be some all over but it’s okay I didn’t get crosshairs until my most recent cycle. It takes some time but you have got this!  

Month/Cycle: 6/10

CD/DPO: 19/3

Timing: -4,-3,-2,0,+2

Typical LP length: still regulating 

Testing: yeah not happening for a good long while. 

R/R: meh feeling overwhelmed with work. Teletherapy is just adding so much extra work. 

CS/Q:  still temping to get crosshairs. May still temp throughout TWW 

• @the_most_happy welcome! Are you using an actual BBT thermometer? You can also temp vaginally, some people find this gives them more stable temps! 

@allthingscozy1 Welcome to the TWW! hopefully all of us won’t have to be back here again! Today I have to clean my house and meal prep for work for the next few days so that should occupy my time! 
  • @tryingktogku i've found some of my friends have been keeping my mind thoroughly occupied and keeping me acocuntable (though they dont know we are back on the TTC wagon)  every night we all take pics of what we made for dinner.  not that its a competition, but i definitely want to impress!  so i spend a lot of my day thinking about that.  it works well to distract me from not only TWW but also COVID!

@the_most_happy hi and welcome!  i just started playing Pocket Camp about a week ago and i'm obsessed. its definitely keeping me (and my mind) busy.  and good luck with the temping, i havent even given it a shot yet.  i dont trust that i can be consistent enough with it.  I did start using the OPKs last cycle though and thats a little easier (and i only do it for like a week out of my cycle--i hope that's right??)  and June 10th?! wow thats intense.  im praying i get back into the office by June 1st (in NYC), because im taking a pay cut currently and 2.5 more months of this doesnt really seem fathomable!!!!

@allthingscozy are you finding the teletherapy is going more smoothly now than a week or so ago?  if i remember correctly, it got off to an inconsistent start?  i was just commenting to DH yesterday about how every industry has had to pivot and find new ways to adapt and how much it will change the future.  things like WFH weren't the "norm" in so many industries before, but once things settle, i wonder if it will be incorporated more heavily.

Month/Cycle: 3/2

CD/DPO: 24/10

Timing: -1

Typical LP length: tbd

Testing: ill probably start using cheapies tomorrow. i have no willpower.  CD11 isn't too bad!

R/R: kindof piggybacking off my reply to allthingscozy, my hairdresser called yesterday to cancel my appt for next week (which was just assumed since salons were ordered closed in NJ), but they're offering take home dye kits!  so they prep a whole package of hair color, gloves, towel, comb/brush, everything you need to maintain the color at home without guessing about store bought shades.  such a good idea!!  i mean, im going to wait a few extra weeks before doing it because no one will see my hair anyway, but definitely in about a month or so my hair is going to be needing it!

• @asf0613 and @tryingktogku. Lurking over from WTO, but I will be joining you guys super soon.  My family has started a contest with points assigned for different tasks you do during the day (going outside, cleaning, exercising, non-tech fun). tally up the number of points you did and submit them.  At the end of the week, the points become raffle tickets for a prize.  My immediate family is doing one and then a bunch of cousins are also doing one.  Might be something fun to start up as a distraction with your friends or family.  Although I love the food idea especially with how creative our food has been with digging deep in the pantry.   
  • @dobiemom11 oh i love that!! DH's side has a lot of kids too so thinking this would be good for everyone.  thanks for this!
  • @asf0613 that is awesome they are offering take home dye kits! I wish they did that here. 

As far as teletherapy goes it is going more smoothly but is quite a bit of extra work. Thankfully my client load is starting to go back up and I’m even getting some new clients which is nice. 
  • @asf0613 @dobiemom11  thanks for the suggestions! I’m going to do a face time face mask with one of my good friends this afternoon! So I ordered a FRER on amazon and it wasn’t supposed to come until Thursday so I was prepared to take it Friday morning but it came TODAY so now I have to start at it for two more mornings before I get to take it. 
  • @tryingktogku. You have willpower!!  Amazon is being funny with orders.  They keep telling me we will get stuff later in the week and it comes early.  Normally a good thing except when it deals with things to pee on!  Face time face mask sounds awesome!!
  • edited March 2020
    *LURKING from TWW* 
    @asf0613 ( tagging you too,(below) because you said you were nervous about temping because of all the "stuff" ) I think its super helpful, you should give it a try!
    @the_most_happy just based on experience I dont feel that conditions have to be as strict as they say with temping. As long as you are temping within 30 minutes of the same time every day, you should see your temp shift. (which is all you really need to know) more on my experience below TW:
    This round of TTC, i have co-slept with a toddler almost every night. So, alot of wakeups, getting up, inconsistent sleep, not always 3 hours uninterrupted sleep etc.. the only time I ever notice a big shift with drinking is if i have drank a lot the night before, like to a point of being drunk. And I also live in arkansas in a mobile home, so our temps are all over the place and our heat and air isn't automatically controlled, so a lot of ups and downs, different sleep temps etc.. I have about 1.5-2 years of temping experience all together and this has just been my experience. I dont ever temp when i wake up because thats inconsistent for me. I set an alarm for 5am every day and wake up just to temp (orally) and go back to sleep. its worked well for me, and i normally have very pretty/easy to read charts. I hope this helps some!
  • @allthingscozy I just started this cycle so you're right, I'm probably just being impatient and need to stick with it to see a clearer pattern develop!

@tryingktogku yeah it's an oral BBT, I'm going to try to get the hang of it for another cycle or two and then look into switching if it turns out I really am one of those people whose temps are easily influenced.

@asf0613 I'm currently really into AC: New Horizons (on Nintendo Switch) but I have played... way too much Pocket Camp in my life. I just opened the app to check and I'm level 157 right now, if that gives you any idea. It's so addictive!

@photographerwife that's good to know, I'm really hoping the more I do it the more I'll be able to at least pick out the major temp shift and learn how to disregard all the other more minor ups and downs. Part of my problem is that I have a very hard time getting back to sleep if I wake up during the night, so I'm reluctant to set an early alarm just for temping purposes. You probably don't have that issue though if you already have a little one waking you up throughout the night, haha.
  • @photographerwife i'm a little embarrassed to admit that i thought you could ONLY temp vaginally for purposes of TTC (facepalm).  i actually just bought an oral thermometer because i figured it good to have on hand, so ill definitely start using that next cycle (though fingers crossed this convo would be a moot point)

@the_most_happy lol i've been playing for 6 days and I'm on level 33.  its exactly what i needed to occupy myself a bit
  • @the_most_happy my thermometer is Bluetooth, so honestly I’m half asleep when I do it anyway! Someone with a more consistent sleep schedule could do it when they wake up, but I just don’t wake up at the same time everyday! If you decide to do it, and don’t like waking up, you might try something like Ava or ovasense.

@asf0613 I thought the same thing when i started 😂 make sure you get a bbt thermometer!