October 2020 Moms

Randoms w/o 3/23

Hoping for a week of nice weather here! Not too much to do at work so far so hopefully I can get some stuff done around the house. I've been cooking and baking a bunch so I'm afraid my weight gain is gonna jump soon 😂

Re: Randoms w/o 3/23

• Lol @morethanamama solidarity there! I made buttermilk biscuits, and then cookies... And just yesterday banana bread 😬 I didn't have many cookies or biscuits because they're mainly snacks for my SO but banana bread 👀 I'm trying not to gain any weight but RIP I guess! 

I'm really angry at my providers today, and I feel like it's too early to be this pissed but if a woman can show you exactly when she ovulated, just shut up and look at the data she provides, don't give her this LMP BS, it's not accurate, it will almost never be accurate, just no. 

• So glad I pulled my DD out of daycare last Monday.   Got a notification today that one of the teachers tested positive for the virus. It was one of the infant providers which is just awful.  
  • Loading the player...
  • @morethanamama yay for good test results! We definitely found out the sex of all of our children and didn't tell a soul. I loved that no one else knew but that I could still buy the outfits I wanted, etc. We didn't tell anyone that we knew, we just said we were team green. Highly recommend  ;)

I have refreshed the online grocery order form roughly 7,000 times in the past hour because no time slots are available for pickup in the next 3 days. A slot will become available sometime...right?
  • @themoonandme, I hope so. We have no spots either for delivery or click collect. 
    MH went shopping yesterday and said it was the best because everyone was polite and gave you space. 

@morethanamama, yay for great test results! 
    Me: 27 DH: 27
    Married 6/15/13
    BFP #1 5/8/16, EDD 12/31/16- DD born 9/10/16 at 24 weeks 
    ~In our hearts forever~
    BFP #2 10/14/17, EDD 7/1/18

• Hi everyone! I’m back. Sorry I weren’t MIA, the craziness hit our town and it took me a few weeks to get adjusted in our new normal.   It’s going to take me a bit, but I’m going to try and catch up. 

@morethanamama Glad you’re results came in and they were great. My friend found out the gender and only her and her sister knew the entire time so it’s totally doable! 
  • I just got a call from my OBGYN office. They canceled my 12 week appointment because of COVID-19 and now I don’t go in until 16 weeks 😭 I think I’m going to try and order a fetal Doppler now that I won’t be able to be reassured baby is still fine at 12 weeks. 
  • I’m finally feeling better!  I think the nausea has passed.  I picked up a giant salad for lunch.  That’s probably the most healthy thing I’ve eaten since the nausea kicked in.  Up until this point I’ve just been trying to survive. 
  • Anyone get low thyroid test results back from blood test?
  • @mamahosch where do you find one? all the ones I saw on Amazon were crazy expensive and/or limited to businesses w/healthcare licenses only.
    Current pregnancy -
    First BFP on 1/4/22.  Due date 9/13/22.

Four prior losses, no living children - 1 first trimester miscarriage, 1 blighted ovum, 1 chemical, and one extreme premature live birth daughter who died at 15 days old.

• @kboydbowman My friend bought hers from the FSA store last year for $50.
  • FSA?
    Current pregnancy -
    First BFP on 1/4/22.  Due date 9/13/22.

Four prior losses, no living children - 1 first trimester miscarriage, 1 blighted ovum, 1 chemical, and one extreme premature live birth daughter who died at 15 days old.

• @kboydbowman it stands for flexible spending account bc a lot of people can get reimbursed for their purchases if they have that sort of account. Anyone can buy from them though. Looks like the one they have now is a little more pricey-$90.
    https://fsastore.com/NatureSpirit-Handheld-Fetal-Doppler-P22922.aspx
  • @kboydbowman not sure why the link is not working, but just go to fsastore.com and search fetal doppler.
  • @kboydbowman  My friend did mention she found them on eBay and other websites for less, but felt safest buying from the fsa store.