October 2020 Moms

Week 3 (10/15-10/21) Checkin, 3/23

Estimated due date (EDD):

Week of pregnancy: 

Upcoming Appointments: 

Rant/Rave: 

GTKY: What is your weirdest/most unusual talent?
Current pregnancy -
First BFP on 1/4/22.  Due date 9/13/22.

Four prior losses, no living children - 1 first trimester miscarriage, 1 blighted ovum, 1 chemical, and one extreme premature live birth daughter who died at 15 days old.

Re: Week 3 (10/15-10/21) Checkin, 3/23

• Estimated due date (EDD):
    10/18
    Week of pregnancy: 
    10!!! 
    Upcoming Appointments: 
    I'm not even sure when my next one is thanks to the pandemic. 
    Rant/Rave: 
    Rave is that Pink Blush had a sale and I got some super cute maternity things for summer!
    Nothing stands out as unusual to me so I'm going to say I don't have any lol
  • Estimated due date (EDD): Oct. 18th

Week of pregnancy: 10+1 today

Upcoming Appointments: TODAY! First ultrasound, hoping and praying to hear LO's heartbeat. *TW loss mentioned* I have been so f*cking anxious about this appt today, because of my previous loss which occurred at my last 10 week appt where the doctor couldn't find the heartbeat. I was devastated. MH was heartbroken. I will never forget the look on his face, or the empty sound of the ultrasound machine where there should have been a heartbeat. I should be looking forward to today's appt, but I'm pretty much dreading it. *End TW* I did have a dream about whales last night, which I looked up this morning, and is a good sign given how stressed I was before I fell asleep last night.

Rant/Rave: Not sure if this is a rant or rave, but I honestly don't mind working from home and self-isolating. I'm a hardcore extrovert, and am very self-disciplined, so I have been able to keep up with work relatively well (given overload constraints on our online systems). However, MH is also working from home and we have vastly different working styles. I'm here at the dining room table with my laptop, my cell phone, and a glass of water. He's here with his laptop, extra monitor, coffee, snacks, cell phone blaring either podasts or episodes of The First 48, etc. I'm seriously considering moving back into the office that I used throughout grad school that we converted to where we keep our dogs' crates once I finished school. I'll use the excuse that MH sometimes works on stuff for the government that I probably shouldn't be privy to while I move around the house during the day, lol.

GTKY: What is your weirdest/most unusual talent?: I can dislocate both of my shoulders at will and pain-free. It's the result of a playground accident when I was 7 years old when I was trying to do a trick on the monkey bars and got scared when I went upside down and didn't let go, so I flipped completely around and dislocated both of my shoulders. The school nurse took one look at me, popped them right back in, then sent me back to class. Gotta love growing up in the 90's!
    Me: 37 / DH: 41
    Due with baby #2: Feb 2022

• Loading the player...
  • Hey @babyodo sending positive vibes for your Ultrasound today and keeping you in my thoughts, hope you get to see a beautiful healthy baby in there! 
    I'm glad I'm not the only person on here who googles dreams lol 
  • @babyodo good luck today, sending positive vibes your way!!  I’m sure all will be just as it should with baby!
  • Estimated due date (EDD): 10/21

Week of pregnancy: 9+5

Upcoming Appointments: uhhh sometime in early April. I would not be surprised if it gets cancelled. If it does, I'm thinking about getting a little heartbeat Doppler to check myself because I am not comfortable telling everyone without an additional 12 week check.

Rant/Rave: None really. I've been taking it pretty easy with work and trying to balance parenting and my mental health. I guess rave would be that I read a book for enjoyment for the first time in a couple months, so being stuck at home has been good in that sense.

I've been trying to figure this one out all day. Idk. I'm pretty good with a microscope, but that's more of a job skill. I learned all the countries of the world in college, but I don't think I remember them now. Oh and I got pretty good at walking on stilts as a child. Just recently discovered that that was not exactly a normal childhood activity when I was telling my husband about it.
  • JLaVO888JLaVO888 member
    edited March 2020
    @babyodo So glad your appointment went well.

Estimated due date (EDD):
    10/20

Week of pregnancy: 
    10 tomorrow

Upcoming Appointments: 
    FX FX FX April 9th

Rant/Rave: 
    My state went into shelter in place! That’s my rave! Glad our state is being proactive while our confirmed cases are still relatively low and deaths are zero! Rant: DH is considered “essential personnel” so that still puts our household at higher risk and he’s got a compromised immune system and I’m pregnant. 

My elbows are double jointed or something. I can twist them all they way around without moving my wrist. First time I noticed it was when I was a kid and the nurse was trying to draw blood and kept telling me to put my arm straight and I had no idea what she was taking about. She reached down and rolled my wrist around to line up with my elbow. 

Edit to add question! 

When do you think it’s a good time to start using the home Doppler? I used it with DS but not until later on. I didn’t want to freak myself out if I didn’t hear anything. But I’ve really been wanting to use it already this time! 
  • @JLaVO888. I started using mine last week at 9 weeks.  I tried at 8 weeks and couldn’t find it (completely normal this early).  I’ve found it twice now and the first time took a long time to find, but the second took maybe 5 minutes.  I am trying not to use it more than once a week just to reassure myself.
  • @ellemnop90 I went ahead and tried it. I couldn’t hear anything but the number display consistently read in the 130s every time I was in my uterus area. I checked my own heart beat and it went down to the 80s and a random spot on my arm had no reading so I’m going to say the 130s reading was for sure baby. 
  • Estimated due date (EDD): 10/20

Week of pregnancy: 10 today!!

Upcoming Appointments: My 12 week appointment is April 8. We will see if they are keeping appointments with this pandemic!

Rant/Rave: it was a very emotional past two days for me as on Sunday, my fellow teachers and I paraded in our cars around our students’ neighborhoods, honking and waving since we miss them all so much. It was an amazing experience for us and for our students. We even made the local news :) And yesterday we were able to go into our classrooms for a short period of time to grab stuff that we might need. It was so surreal seeing my preschoolers work still on the walls and our letter of the day still on the board. 😞 Needless to say I cried a lot the last 48 hours. Plus baby hormones don’t help! 

Ummm, I used to be able to fit my leg behind my head 😂 but that was yeaaaars ago and I am no longer limber 😂😂😂
  • Estimated due date (EDD): 10/19

Week of pregnancy: 10

Upcoming Appointments: 4/1 for MFM/genetics/US

Rant/Rave: I’ve been having a lot of upper and lower GI symptoms the past 2 weeks. I don’t remember ever having the lower GI stuff with the first 2. 

GTKY: What is your weirdest/most unusual talent? I can twist my wrist 360
  • Estimated due date (EDD): 10/19

Week of pregnancy: 10

Upcoming Appointments: tomorrow morning!

Rant/Rave: I wish we could all enjoy our pregnancies a little more without so many worries at the current moment.  This will likely be my last pregnancy and I just hope to enjoy it as much as possible.

GTKY: What is your weirdest/most unusual talent?  I can make a three leaf clover with my tongue.
  • AB518AB518 member
    Estimated due date (EDD): 10/16

Week of pregnancy: 10 weeks 4 days

Upcoming Appointments: I had an appointment today.  Baby is growing well!  I got to see the heartbeat again, and baby is wiggling around in there!  I'm still waiting for NIPT results; I ended up having the labs drawn last week.  My next appointment will probably be in about four weeks.

Rant/Rave:  Going to work is more stressful right now.  I'm just tired and stressed.

GTKY: What is your weirdest/most unusual talent?  I have many talents, but I don't know if any of them are weird or unusual.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Hi! I’m back, I feel like I posted on the board like two weeks ago and then life kind of turned into chaos that same day. I’m trying to slowly catch up now that we seemed settled into our new normal. 

Estimated due date (EDD): 10/20

Week of pregnancy: 10 weeks 3 days 

Upcoming Appointments: Tuesday, had to adjust it so DH could come home and watch our daughter since no one else is allowed into the office. 

Rant/Rave: no rant, trying not to let myself get down about everything going on. Rave: DD has hard time adjusting to staying home 24/7, but she’s finally getting the hang of her bike. Hoping that by the end of this she’ll be able to do it on her own and we can all do bike rides. 

I don’t think it’s a talent but I can bend my thumb all the way back.