Trying to Get Pregnant

WTO Friday 03/27

**This is a thread that welcomes all regardless of where they are at in their TTC journeys. Please be mindful of topics that are discussed that could be hurtful to those going through tough times. Mention of children or pregnancies of others should have a TW (trigger warning) and be in a spoiler if possible, and only be mentioned if it is extremely pertinent to the conversation. Thanks for keeping this a safe place for us all to engage!** 

Month/Cycle: 

CD: 

WAYDTGKU: 

R/R: 

CS/Q: 

Re: WTO Friday 03/27

• Loading the player...
  • @bluetickgal I hope they show up today! Just remember also how much money you are saving over the other guy. 

@gingermama29 I wonder if his brother thought he was home free and was going to be king of the castle and now is like.....what are you doing back here??😂

Month/Cycle: 16/18 including 2 benched. 

CD: 14

WAYDTGKU: OPKs, Tracking CM

R/R: We finally DTD last night and OPKs are still negative so we are in the game for this cycle haha. Yesterday afternoon on my walk I saw some teenagers....not practicing social distancing. There’s a private school near us and I was walking through just for something different and saw them in a car. I practically ran away. I guess though if your parents are always home you need to be creative? But so awkward. 

• @bluetickgal. Hopefully they can get the roof done today.  And Happy Friday!!!  A bunch of outdoor projects here keep getting pushed for the rain here.  

@gingermama29. Such a sweet boy.  Hopefully brother will get over it and start being nice.  Could he be jealous over attention?

@bows22  Yay for DTD and negative OPKs.  When I was in the cross country team in high school, we ran the trails and then cut through the back packing lot to get to the front of the school.  That way had the big hill, so we were practicing hills.  We saw two adults not practicing social distancing.  We were like thirty high school students are running by right now!  Coach had to go have a conversation with them.  I imagine it must be difficult stuck in your house with your family and not seeing your gf/bf.  

Month/Cycle: 9/9

CD: 14

WAYDTGKU: NTNP and all the things to pee on are packed.  But new king bed delivered? 

R/R: My mom created a competition for our family.  You get points for doing certain activities (exercise, cleaning, being outside etc).  There is one for our nuclear family and then for all the cousins.  At the end of the week, there is a drawing for an Amazon gift card.  Should be pretty fun.  

My sister is immunocompromised and terrified to leave her house.  So my mom has a dance party with her everyday and they alternate who gets to pick the song.  Mom picked Baby Got Back yesterday and didn't realize how adult that song is!!  I was like Mom have you listened to the song?  

• Month/Cycle: 18/15

CD: mid 20 somethings...

WAYDTGKU: NTNP

R/R: I'm in such a great mood right now and I hope nothing ruins it!! Just sitting here working with the kitchen window open, birds chirping, sun shining and a smile on my face! Can't beat that! 

The landscaping in the yard is mostly done and it looks so much better! Nice and clean and put together. We did a lot of top soil in one part of the yard that was a muddy mess and just missing grass, so hopefully some grass will grow soon! Lola is not happy about being kept out of that area though....

CS/Q: nada

Our TTC Journey
    TTC #1: May 2011
    BFP: 10/27/2011 |  EDD: 6/30/12
    DS born 6/28/12 via C/S 3 

TTC #2: September 2018
    Me: 36 | DH: 39
    Mirena removed 9/13/2018 after 6 years
    BFP 11/11/2018 | MC @ 5.5 weeks on Thanksgiving
    July 2019 - Diagnosed with Secondary Unexplained IF
    August 2019 - 2.5 mg of Letrozole = Never Ovulated so Trigger and IUI were cancelled
    9/30/2019 - IUI #1 (5 mg of Letrozole + Trigger) =  BFP but Betas showed CP @ 4 weeks
    10/28/2019 - IUI #2 (7.5mg of Letrozole + Trigger) = BFN
    11/25/2019 - IUI #3 (7.5mg of Letrozole, Trigger + Crinone after IUI) = BFN
    12/24/2019 - IUI #4 (7.5mg of Letrozole + Crinone after IUI) = BFN
    1/24/2020 - IUI #5 (50mg of Clomid + Trigger + Crinone after IUI) = BFN and an Ovarian Cyst
    3/2/2020 - Taking a break to reset/NTNP
    11/1/2020 - At peace with where things are in life and are no long actively TTC. Whatever happens will happen and it will all be okay. <3

• @bluetickgal I really hope the roofers come today!! They HAVE to, right?!?! It will bring such peace of mind for you guys once it's done! Also, I'm loving the "Don't know, don't care" attitude about what CD it is!! 

@gingermama29 so so glad kitty is home and in the arms of his mama!! I'm sure he's loving the extra cuddle time!

@bows22 bahahaha omg!!!! I can picture your face and you running away  :D How awkward!! 
    Our TTC Journey

August 2019 - 2.5 mg of Letrozole = Never Ovulated so Trigger and IUI were cancelled
    9/30/2019 - IUI #1 (5 mg of Letrozole + Trigger) =  BFP but Betas showed CP @ 4 weeks
    1/24/2020 - IUI #5 (50mg of Clomid + Trigger + Crinone after IUI) = BFN and an Ovarian Cyst
    11/1/2020 - At peace with where things are in life and are no long actively TTC. Whatever happens will happen and it will all be okay. <3

• @dobiemom11 omg I love that family challenge idea!!! So creative and smart!
    Our TTC Journey

• @bluetickgal hope they can come and finish it today! 
    @gingermama29 he is adorable! I love his face! Hopefully his brother calms and they get back to normal today. Also hope you can find an affordable food option! 
    @bows22 haha awkward. Glad you are in the game this cycle! 
    @dobiemom11 that crosscountry story 😂 your poor coach haha. I love the competition idea your mom sounds awesome! So sorry your sister is having a hard time right now but love the dance party idea! I have also heard you can do family games via zoom I think there are some electronic options for games for it :) 
    @kpearse99 your landscaping looks really nice. Also I love Lola’s face “seriously? A fence?! “ haha. So glad you are in a good mood! 

Month/Cycle: 6/10

CD: 15

WAYDTGKU: Temping, OPK’s, no pants dance, CM tracking, PNV 

R/R: I’m also in a really good mood today! Yay for Friday! Also we finally had some sun yesterday. I’m bummed it’s cloudy today but we should get to the mid 50’s so I’m really excited about that! Snow is predicted for Sunday though of course haha 

We go under major lockdown down for two weeks tonight at midnight so I’m braving Target to get the few things we need like soap.... I was sure we had more but of course not. Looking forward to getting that done though so I can just focus on being home and enjoying family time. 

CS/Q:  finally got a darker OPK not positive yet. Has to be As dark as control to be positive right? 

• @bows22 oooh so awkward! Glad you're still in for this cycle and you DTD last night. I was reading that his brother's behavior is normal. The reaction is a non-recognition scent so it's almost like I brought a new cat home. 

@dobiemom11 I think he just smells different after the vet. That family competition sounds so cool. What a great idea! 

@kpearse99 sounds like a great morning! Your yard looks great!

@allthingscozy good luck with Target tonight. Glad your OPKs are starting to get darker. 
  • @allthingscozy Yay for good moods all around!! What state are you in? What does the major lockdown entail?
    Our TTC Journey

• Month/Cycle: 6/4(AL)

CD: 10 

WAYDTGKU: PNVs, Tracking CM, HIO

R/R: Happy Friday Ladies! I got one more day after this of work and then I’m off till Tuesday. can’t wait to do nothing all weekend lol. I’m not leaving my house. Still Fighting these headaches unfortunately:( I don’t see an end in sight any time. I’ve been taking Tylenol but it only helps take the edge off for a short period and then it comes back. Also, I’m sooo exhausted everyday. I’m not even KU and I feel so tired all the time. . Some days I feel like falling asleep at work. 

CS/Q: None 

I’ll come back and post to everyone. I’m on short time right now. 
  • @bluetickgal well that's a load of crap! What kind of work are you having done on the roof? At some point we actually need some of the trusses replaced on our roof because it's sagging in one of the valleys

@gingermama29 your kitty is so adorable! Is the food they want him on to help prevent the kidney stones? Is there maybe another brand that has the same function with a less expensive price?

@bows22 all I can think about since you said you're still in the game is High School Musical lol
    getcha head in the game  Tumblr

@dobiemom11 you might be interested in Taskmasters with the little competition your family is doing. Glad you guys are doing some fun things to pass time through this mess!

@kpearse99 Lola be like "what the F is this fence?" haha I love your garden area there. Is that black mulch?

@allthingscozy good luck finding soap. There's very little soap left on the shelves when I go shopping. Thankfully I bought a refill jug a few weeks ago not realizing I already had an unopened refill so I am well stocked.

Month/Cycle: 33/20-something

CD: 21

WAYDTGKU: HIO with Conceive Plus, PNV, other supplements, GF and DF diet

R/R: yooo Conceive Plus is fantastic!! DH was feeling frisky last night even though I'm sick. Felt very natural ;) . Also it's just so much easier having the flip cap instead of the screw on cap. That's one thing I always hated about Preseed is putting the cap back on before we got down to business. Takes way too long for my liking. Flip cap though, I can just slap that down on the nightstand and it's closed. 

CS/Q: Temp is way up from being sick so, eh. 

*TW* History:
    Me: 34 DH: 36 | Together since 2007 | Married July 2016

TTC #1 since 7.2017
    Dx: low morph (1%), ANA positive, low decidualization score, high TSH and testosterone, histone antibodies

IUI #1-3 all BFN
    IVF #1 | 6.11.19 | 24R, 17M, 15F, 6B, PGT-A tested - 5 normal, 3 girls & 2 boys
    FET #1 | 9.10.19 | BFN "I know you, but we've never met. I'm with you, but I don't know your name"
    RPL, Receptiva, & ERA testing | all normal/negative, recommended going on gluten and dairy free diet for next FET
    FET #2 | 3.31.20 | Opted to cancelled due to pandemic, continued diet and tried naturally over the summer
    2nd Opinion with another RE | 8.20.20 | Not immune to measles (received 1 dose); SA results similar to 2 years ago; decided to move forward with FET #2 redo at start of next cycle
    Surprise natural BFP! | 9.22.20 | MC 10.23.20 at 8 weeks
    TTCAL naturally | starting 11.22.20

Initial consultation with Reproductive Immunologist | 9.14.21
    Decidualization score biopsy | 10.1.21 | abnormal - low score of 1; endometrial scratch recommended and progesterone supplementation
    Saline sono | 10.15.21 | normal
    Bloodwork | 10.21.21 high TSH, high testosterone, positive for anti-nuclear antibodies and histone antibodies, high protein S, multiple genetic mutations
    BFP! | 11.3.21 | EDD 7.14.22 B) | biopsy provided same effect as endometrial scratch; added supplemental progesterone and estrogen, prednisone, levothyroxine, and MTX Support to maintain pregnancy
    DS born 7.19.22 after induction

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Consultation with RI | 6.6.23
    Saline sono, endometritis biopsy, skin & eye check | all normal
    Labs | high TSH, Factor XIII mutation, high %CD56
    Follow up | 8.8.23 | prescribed metformin, prednisone, plaquenil, and levothyroxine
    Repeat labs after 3 weeks on meds
    Follow up | 11.9.23 | Green light!, increase in prednisone, added lovenox
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    Follow up | 1.16.24 | Green light continues
    TTC put on pause
  • allthingscozyallthingscozy member
    edited March 2020
    @kpearse99 I’m in MN so all businesses except essential ones (grocery stores, case stations and medical care/ medical device factories) are closed. We are not supposed to go anywhere unless it is to get needed supplies. We can go outside and are encouraged to just keep up with social distancing. And the stores that are open have much shorter hours than normal too. 

Edited to add: fastest target run ever got my essentials we were out of and back home. I now will be grateful when this is all over and I can meander the aisles haha. I’m sure DH is happy I can’t though 😂
  • @dobiemom11 oh my gosh I was pretty sheltered in high school so I probably would have been scarred for life if I was on your cross country team. Your moms idea for a challenge is awesome! And I’m cracking up thinking about her dancing to baby got back even though I don’t know her haha 

@kpearse99 the look on lola’s face 😂 she is not impressed! I hope your good mood continues through the day and that you have a great weekend!

@allthingscozy yay for a successful target trip! I’m glad you are in a great mood today. Also don’t stress too much about when you are going to ovulate, it will happen!

@mindyb2019 i hope some time away from work helps your headache!

@inthewoods23 ugh I hope you feel better soon! Glad you were still able to have sex though haha. That gif is great, I need to sing that song to myself to remember it’s FW time!

@linzrunz oh my gosh I love the puppy birthday party!! Have fun!

• @inthewoods23 I’ve used conceive plus as well before. I wasn’t a big fan of it to be honest. I feel like it’s too sticky and dries up too quickly. I’m glad you really like it though. I do agree that the flip cap is fabulous on it. The cap on pre-seed sucks. 

@allthingscozy I’m glad your in a good mood today. Yay. Boo to snow. I hope everything goes ok in lockdown for 2 weeks. I can’t wait till this is over too so I can meander the aisles as well  😆 I’m sure my DH is also loving the fact that I can’t lol. I have become a quick shopper. 

@kpearse99 I like your cute meme lol Aww I’m glad your in a great mood and the sun is shining through your window and listening to the birds. Enjoy that peaceful moment. The landscaping looks good. Hopefully your grass grows soon. 

@bluetickgal Sorry you didn’t get your roof done yesterday. :( Hopefully their able to come in and get it done ASAP. FX for you.

@gingermama29 aww soo cute. yay to kitty cuddles. I’m sorry the food from the vet is sooo expensive. FX that you can find an alternative soon. Glad your little guy is doing ok. 

@bows22  Oh dear to the teenagers in the car lol 🤨 woo hoo. Glad you finally DTD. I hope you get a positive OPK soon. Glad your in the game for this cycle 😁 

@dobiemom11 That’s awesome that your mom started this points game. Sounds so fun. What a good way to keep busy through all this. Haha baby got back 😂 awesome song. I was listening to that the other day at work too. 
  • @mindyb2019. I had a thought about your headaches. Could allergies be contributing?  Everything is covered in pollen where we are and I know I normally get wicked headaches from sinus pressure.  When I take some sinus meds, it normally calms down.  
  • @mindyb2019 it was dark when DH put some on so it's entirely possible we had used too much so there was no chance of it feeling sticky and dry. TMI? lol

@bluetickgal part of our repair was adding ventilation as well. Our house is 50 years old so of course things aren't really up to today's standards. We only had 3 vents on one side of the house. It's in the direction most wind comes from, but considering the size of our house it probably does squat for cooling the attic space

@bows22 I am doing a lot better today! Still achy and it hurts a little behind the eyes, but I'm fully functional and feel good. No issues with eating lunch and my repeat temping throughout today has been around 97.

@linzrunz puppy birthday party sounds so fun!!! Will they be wearing fun party hats? haha

@allthingscozy many of our stores here that are normally 24hrs have cut their hours to 8am-10pm. They still work overnight though because that's when they restock the shelves. I could probably easily find beef and chicken if I would just go when they open.
    *TW* History:

TTC #1 since 7.2017
    Dx: low morph (1%), ANA positive, low decidualization score, high TSH and testosterone, histone antibodies

IUI #1-3 all BFN
    FET #1 | 9.10.19 | BFN "I know you, but we've never met. I'm with you, but I don't know your name"
    RPL, Receptiva, & ERA testing | all normal/negative, recommended going on gluten and dairy free diet for next FET
    FET #2 | 3.31.20 | Opted to cancelled due to pandemic, continued diet and tried naturally over the summer
    2nd Opinion with another RE | 8.20.20 | Not immune to measles (received 1 dose); SA results similar to 2 years ago; decided to move forward with FET #2 redo at start of next cycle

Decidualization score biopsy | 10.1.21 | abnormal - low score of 1; endometrial scratch recommended and progesterone supplementation
    Bloodwork | 10.21.21 high TSH, high testosterone, positive for anti-nuclear antibodies and histone antibodies, high protein S, multiple genetic mutations
    BFP! | 11.3.21 | EDD 7.14.22 B) | biopsy provided same effect as endometrial scratch; added supplemental progesterone and estrogen, prednisone, levothyroxine, and MTX Support to maintain pregnancy

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Follow up | 8.8.23 | prescribed metformin, prednisone, plaquenil, and levothyroxine
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    TTC put on pause
  • @dobiemom11 ya it totally could be from allergies. I do get allergies that come out in the spring so it could very well be sinus pressure. I have been using my Navage system to help out with that and it did help the other day and relieved sooo much pressure from my head and ears. 
  • @inthewoods23 Thanks! Yes, it's black mulch - we have it in the front yard beds too! 
    I guess I'll be switching to that from preseed too! I hate having to put the cap back on before getting down to buziness!

@linzrunz Dude, YH's schedule is crazy!! That facetime coffee date sounds lovely, I hope you got to fully enjoy it!

@mindyb2019 Maybe it's time to call the Dr about those headaches? :(

Our TTC Journey

• @inthewoods23 no party hats but they did get extra special treats and a new toy!

Married 07.21.07
    DS#1 01.23.09
    DS#2 08.01.11
    TTC#3  08.31.15
    Laparoscopy/Hysteroscopy/HSG 05.16.17
    Hysteroscopy 10.04.17 10.05.17
    Laparoscopy/Hysteroscopy/HSG 01.10.19
    Left tube removed
    dx: Endometriosis, Adenomyosis
    BC: February-October 2019
    TTA: November-December 2019
    NTNP: January 2020!

• @linzrunz aaaawwwwwww

@kpearse99 so few people do black mulch. always brown! I love how the black creates such an amazing contrast to the green plants. Black mulch goes really well with our red/black/dark brown bricks. Also, love your porch and rocking chairs!
    *TW* History:

TTC #1 since 7.2017

IUI #1-3 all BFN

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    TTC put on pause
  • @mindyb2019 they got it done today, so all is good! No more thinking/talking about the room for me! Woohoo! 😂
    @inthewoods23 we had the same issue...the whole back of our house only has 3 box vents, they switched it to a ridge vent which goes along the whole thing and should be so much more effective! DH said the attic is a sauna when he’s been up there in the summer, so hopefully it’ll be much better now! 
    @linzrunz puppy party!! 🎉
    @kpearse99 @inthewoods23 add us to the black mulch club too...I think it looks so much better! @kpearse99 your landscaping looks so good! 
  • @bluetickgal we thought about doing that since that's obviously the best for ventilation, but the roofer said doing the standard vent at 6ft increments across would be enough. I don't think DH has actually been up in the attic since that roof work and that was probably 2 summers ago  :D
    *TW* History:

TTC #1 since 7.2017

IUI #1-3 all BFN

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    TTC put on pause
  • @linzrunz. I dropped the dog off at daycare around his bday.  We were testing a new place out to see if it would be good for long term boarding  He came home with a singing bday cake.  He found it today while we were packing and completely overjoyed!
  • lurking 
    @dobiemom11 i imagined you had at least one doberman and i love them!!! 
    and on subject of doggie daycare (for which i am a huge advocate), i havent brought my dogs to daycare in 2 weeks (normally they go once a week) and you can tell they need it.  my daycare does photoshoots for birthdays and for holidays.  so for halloween you bring their costumes and they dress them, birthdays they do hats and backdrop, and valentines day they dress them up in all vday garb.  pics in spoiler :)

side note, i could look at puppy pics all day--has TTGP done a thread for these ever?  might be fun to lift everyones spirits.  i remember my old BMB did like Furry Fridays or something.
  • @asf0613. Oh my goodness!!  Those are the cutest babies ever!!!  I love boxers as well.  When Jace was in puppy classes, there were all these big male puppies in the class.  They were closer to 6 months old and rambunctious.  Then this brand new boxer puppy of 3 months joined the group.  Her name was Contender and she would get on those back feet and punch the boys in the nose!  
  • @dobiemom11 SUCH high energy!  she is almost 3 and might have more energy than the pit puppy who is 9 mos old.  our house is pure chaos. 
    DH wanted to get a dobie more than anything but a lot of the rescues we were working with wouldn't adopt one to us because we have two cats as well and they were concerned about the prey drive.  but we love them, such beautiful dogs!
  • @asf0613 yes we do Furry Fridays on occasion!
    *TW* History:

TTC #1 since 7.2017

IUI #1-3 all BFN

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    TTC put on pause
  • @asf0613. We got him from a breeder.  DH has always wanted one, since he grew up with them.  I had never had a dog before, so he wanted one that we trained and we had some idea to his temperament.  We will look for rescues probably moving forward, but need to wait until our kitty passes before getting another dog.  She is 16 years old and just doesn't need any extra drama in her life.  
  • @dobiemom11 sounds like it was a smart move and you'll have options going forward.  and if for some reason this rings a bell in the future, i have a family friend that works for a doberman rescue (and actually fosters them) so id be happy to connect you :)
  • @asf0613 where is your friend located?  My aunt adopts rescue Dobermans.  That is so cool.  I volunteer at the humane society, but good thing I have the kitty to prevent me from being tempted to bring any new friends home.  
  • @dobiemom11 we're in NJ but the rescue is in Pennsylvania "Fureverhomes Doberman Rescue"

and yes you have to protect the kitty at that age!  we have two cats (they're both turning 8 this year) so they were still young when we adopted each dog.  however, they do NOT co-mingle at all.  the dogs are super hyper and want to play but the cats are super tiny and i think intimidated by their size.  So the cats have their own room in the house and lots of perches throughout the rest to watch from above out of reach