November 2020 Moms

Week 4 Check-in w/o 03/23/20

This is the group check in for those of us due during the 4th/last week of November!

EDD/weeks+days: 

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green: 

Baby is the size of a(n): 

Upcoming appointments:

How are you feeling? 

Raves/Rants: 

Questions: 

GTKY:  What is your hobby?

Re: Week 4 Check-in w/o 03/23/20

• EDD/weeks+days: 4w + 6days

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green: Team Green

Baby is the size of a(n): A poppy seed

Upcoming appointments:  :'(  my OB?GYN isn't taking appointments right now. I don't know what to do! I really do not want to switch because they know my complicated history and I am comfortable there but, how long can I wait? 

How are you feeling? Tired and bloated but, otherwise not bad. 

Raves/Rants: Trying to figure out how to WFH while also spending quality time with DS and getting some much needed cleaning/organizing done.

Questions: None right now!

GTKY:  What is your hobby? I haven't done much since having DS but, I love to create stuff! Art, food, anything! Hopefully with all this time off I can get back into it. 
  • EDD/weeks+days: 11/23 , 5w0d

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green: finding out

Baby is the size of a(n): orange seed or lavender bud

Upcoming appointments: 4/13 dating ultrasound

How are you feeling? Really good right now, actually! 

Raves/Rants: The OB posted on FB that all of their patients need to bring to their appointment the following: their own scale, their own blood pressure cuff, their own dipsticks (specific kind), and doppler (which doesn't apply under 20 weeks). I am not happy with this. I understand that they are trying to be sanitary, but I don't understand why they cant let us step on scale so long as we face out from the scale and keep shoes on and don't touch it. Blood pressure cuffs don't seem to be sold online without the actual monitor and they are all like $25 or more. And I don't understand what they even mean by dipsticks.... presumably their dipsticks come in sanitary packaging, no? Why am I being expected to bring my one? I really wish they would not put the onus on patients and would just sanitize as they go. Maybe I am being unreasonable...

Questions: Nope

GTKY:  What is your hobby? I dont know if I really have a hobby. Maybe cooking and baking? My boss did literally tell me to quit the permanent position he had just offered me and become a professional tamale maker after I gave him some I had made.
  • Loading the player...
  • @windywoman oh no, I'm so sorry they aren't taking appointments! If it were me I would call them and ask those questions, like "what am I supposed to do?" I hope they give you some direction.
  • @krystrist2014 that is crazy!! I have never heard of anything like that... bring your own scale???
  • Hi! 

EDD/weeks+days: 4 wks 5 days

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green: honestly not sure.... probably team finding out.

Baby is the size of a(n): poppy seed

Upcoming appointments: April 14 first ultrasound/dating

How are you feeling? I was feeling very bloated, sore breasts, tired, crampy all over, and REALLY hungry. These seem to have subsided today. I feel a lot more energetic.

Raves/Rants: none that I can think of at the moment. Feeling bleh during this quarantine.

Questions: Anyone interested in a water birth? Has anyone had one before? Warm water is my favorite remedy for other types pain, so it just seems like this would be helpful as well! 

Reading! Hiking. Attempting to keep learning to knit.
  •  EDD/weeks+days: 
    Nov 23/ 5 weeks+ 1 days

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green: 
    Finding Out

Baby is the size of a(n): 
    Ladybug!

Upcoming appointments:
    April 14th 

How are you feeling? 
    Awesome! I had a tough onset of symptoms that are lingering but totally bearable.

Raves/Rants: 
    I had a terrible experience at my local ob after a lab mix up. NO other practice nearby so I’ll be driving an hour for my appointments elsewhere. 

Questions: 
    how many appointments should I expect to go to? I really don’t know what I’m doing and it seems like there are so many baby planning packages etc. I want to make sure babies ok but I don’t want to waste time money and medical resources. Midwives? Doulas? I’m so lost. 

I like to repair dolls hair. Is that weird? I have two step daughters that like pretty things but are very rough on them lol
  • EDD/weeks+days: EDD is 11/23 - 5 weeks

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green: Definitely Finding out

Baby is the size of a(n): I think it said a lentil this morning when I looked?

Upcoming appointments: Intake appointment (via phone) on 4/1 and first regular appointment on 4/24

How are you feeling? I feel totally fine except extra weepy. Not sure if that's pregnancy related or the state of the world. 

Raves/Rants: I really don't understand how I am expected to work full time (I'm a teacher) via zoom meetings AND entertain a 5 year old and a 2 year old when DH is also working from home. It's a cluster around here. 

Questions: Nada right now

GTKY:  What is your hobby? Ha! What's that???? I actually do love photography and if I weren't so stressed, I might use some of this time home to dig deeper in to that. 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • @windywoman Has your OB given you a date when they will start accepting new patients? Or prenatal appointments. Mine isn't technically until I'll be almost 10 weeks and that's standard at my practice....COVID concerns or not. 

@krystrist2014 that seems a bit excessive to me... my practice has definitely stepped up their policies but the scale thing especially has me like "WHAT!!?"

@bumblebee11715 I've heard some women LOVE the water and some think they will and then don't. You never really know how labor will go. If it's something you're interested in, just make sure you're planning on delivering at a place where that's an option. Some hospitals (if you're going that route) have limited rooms with tubs...and fewer will let you actually birth in the tub.

@mamacara I called my OB this week to see how policies have changed since the outbreak because I knew that it would be different than my last two experiences... I'm sure every place is different, but this is what mine said: They said they have cancelled all non prenatal/ postpartum appointments. They also said that there are a number of the later appointments that they will be conducting over the phone as long as your pregnancy is progressing healthily. I can expect to go in for my 10 week intake and blood work appointment, a 12 week ultrasound, the 20 week anatomy scan, and then the glucose screening around 24 weeks. They're hoping that by the third trimester of this pregnancy this will have crept back to "normalish" so she didn't go further...

Pregnancy Ticker
  • @crizz13 Thank you so much! Now I at least know what appointments to ask about going in. 
  • EDD/weeks+days: 4+5

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green: finding out but hopefully keeping to ourselves

Upcoming appointments: 4/15 for intake & 2/24 for "new" OB appt

How are you feeling? Good ao far. Hasn't become real yet. INSOMNIA has been kicking my butt

Raves/Rants: I'm good atm aside from stressed regarding the pandemic

Questions: nah

GTKY:  What is your hobby? I love to read - books on tape are amazing whileI work, I love arts and crafts, we do a lot of camping/fishing/hiking, I'm prettyall overthe board but overall I enjoy anything that keeps my hands busy.

BFP 3/21/2020!  OMG We're having TWINS! 4/17/2020
    --------------------------------
    LO arrived 11/9/2018!  We have a baby!
    --------------------------------
    Me: 33 | DH: 41
    Married: March 2016
    TTC #1/IUD out January 2017
    PCOS dx January 2018
    Medicated cycle 2.5mg Letrozole CD3-7 February 2018
    BFP 3/10/2018! 
    -------------------------------

TTGP December Siggy Co-Winner: Favorite Moments from Holiday Movies/TV 
    TTGP October Siggy Winner: Animals in Costume 

• @mamacara I haven't ever had a doula before but I know many doulas are currently transitioning their services to virtual/online because of the current situation. I'm not sure I would spend the money to not have someone there in person. 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • EDD/weeks+days:  EDD 11/27/20 / 4+3

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green:  Finding out

Baby is the size of a(n): Poppy seed

Upcoming appointments: 4/23 first appointment and ultrasound

How are you feeling? Today the fatigue is starting to set in. I also started to feel light headed upon standing today as well as a numbing sensation which goes away after a few seconds. My breast are sore and nipple are very sensitive. I have been peeing a lot and have several BM/ day (TMI).

Raves/Rants: I really wish I could have got an appointment  to see my doctor sooner.

Questions: Is anyone else experiencing dizziness upon standing?

GTKY:  What is your hobby? Crossfit! however I am having to scale back
  • @crizz13 They told me they would call this week. But that’s kind of vague. I I’m going to call tomorrow and ask them when they think they might start taking patients again. And if they don’t know I might just end up calling around and finding another local OB to take me just to get seen and may be an ultrasound.

TW...I had a Heterotopic pregnancy last time around. So I’m concerned about having another ectopic since you have a higher chance of having another after you’ve had one. So I was hoping to get seeing an ultrasound early.

@krystrist2014 The Bring your own scale seems insane to me. 

@lurvleybunchococonuts I have insomnia too. I am exhausted during the day but at night I’m wide awake! 

• EDD/weeks+days: 4+3

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green: Green this time

Upcoming appointments: I get my blood drawn on Monday for my Thyroid . 
    They said they can do the first US 4/15 to see how many babies are in there . I’m super nervous . My last pregnancy I found out at 14 weeks I had identical twins ! 

How are you feeling? Still shocked . My daughter is 3 my twins are 2 and my husbands vasectomy appointment got cancelled because of COVID 19 and well here we are :) I will have 4 , 4 and under but that’s ok we will manage ! 

Raves/Rants: my last 2 pregnancies I literally puked every day , and I’m starting to feel a little queasy so here we go again for the next 9 months . Not looking forward to that 

Questions: 

GTKY:  What is your hobby? Hmm my husband and I flip houses and I would say that’s our hobby . It’s getting harder the more kids we have so we will see if we keep doing it after baby #4
  • @bumblebee11715 I have not had a water birth but labored in a bathtub with my first. I went from not super active labor to fully in active labor because my body relaxed so much . However I was in a hospital and they won’t let you deliver in the tub . 
    I have had non medicated birth for both my daughter and my twins and for this one I am going to do it in a birth center (I live an hr away from the hospital so home births scare me ) and I will have the option of a water birth , so I may try it 
  • EDD/weeks+days: 5w1d 

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green: I kinda wanna go green, but it's a hard sell for my husband, who does not like surprises

Baby is the size of a: peppercorn?!

Upcoming appointments: nothing on the books yet. I hadn't planned on calling our OB until April, even before the pandemic stuff got moving. I'll still call them but don't anticipate even getting in before May, between COVID and how early it is.

How are you feeling? Honestly good. Mildly more fatigued here and there, crampy on and off. Only major pregnancy red flag here is my poor nips are tender af.

Raves/Rants: I do hate the tender nips phase of pregnancy, lmao. I wake up and it's like, "Ow, wtf, why are they like this."

Questions: Not a pregnancy one, but I'm not the only one who takes forever to feel comfortable on a forum, right? I forgot how awkward these early weeks feel.

GTKY:  What is your hobby? Web development. If I'm not writing, it's most often the thing I'm doing.
  • @ecolton01 I was reading your post like, "Wait, this sounds like a person I know..." before my brain caught up, lmao.
  • @scatteringashes I'm pretty awkward in general so forums are no different. I much prefer the inevitable shift to fb. 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Sorry for the post and ghost this week y’all. It has been so tough to work from home and full time parent.... plus be an exhausted newly pregnant woman. Haha. 
    @bumblebee11715 I hope you’re able to keep that energy! 
    @mamacara wow, Im sorry that you’re having to travel so much for OB now but I understand that it would be hard to trust them if they mixed up labs!
    @crizz13 yeah, I am feeling you o this full time parent and full time work thing. It’s too hard to be everything. And thank you! Lol glad I’m not the only one who thinks it’s excessive. They haven’t sent out email communications yet, I had just seen their post on FB so until they communicate to me directly, I am going to just assume I don’t have to bring anything extra! 
    @lurvleybunchococonuts sorry you’re suffering insomnia! Also laughed my butt off at your username. 😉
    @tori1311 yes, I definitely have some dizziness off and on. 
    @e@ecolton01 FX for you that MS isn’t to bad this go round. 
    @scatteringashes sore nips are the devil! My daughter climbs on me and I’m like “OW,” then the dog jumps on me and I’m like “omg dont jump on my boobs!!”

• EDD/weeks+days: 5w+1d

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green: Finding out!

Baby is the size of a(n): peppercorn

Upcoming appointments: April 29th. Seems like so far away! I don't think it'll feel real until then.

How are you feeling? Sore boobs for sure! Also have a little nausea here and there, cramps come and go (which makes me nervous every time), and I'm usually not a crier, and here I am sobbing at reality shows....

Raves/Rants: Been sitting on hold for over an hour trying to cancel my birthday trip to Tokyo. If cancelling my dream vacation isn't bad enough, they have me listening to the same 5 awful hold songs. Ugh!

Questions: Are y'all having a hard time keeping your pregnancy a secret? I wanna tell everyone!

GTKY:  What is your hobby? Baking, sewing, and scrapbooking!
  • @scatteringashes hahaha it’s hard to re relate to our other names :) 

• EDD/weeks+days: different apps say different, but 5w7d

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green: finding out! 

Upcoming appointments: april 8th! First ond

How are you feeling? Crampy, bloated, uncomfortable to sit sometimes (I curl up a lot and it's not the most comfortable position while my uterus is expanding apparently lol)

Raves/Rants: really upset that due to this nationwide pandemic, my hubby cannot be at our first appointment 😔

Questions: none yet!

GTKY:  What is your hobby? Games (video & boad)