October 2020 Moms

Spotting/Bleeding Support Thread

Re: Spotting/Bleeding Support Thread

• I am not currently spotting or bleeding but with my very healthy 4yo, I had a gush of blood -like someone had popped a water balloon full of blood between my legs - at 6 weeks. Went to the hospital and it was a subchorionic hemorrhage. Bled heavily for 16 more weeks. She was born early but no nicu time. Hope that gives someone hope. Blood doesn't always mean miscarriage. 

I've also miscarried twice and bled then too, but there was also tissue that was obviously pregnancy tissue.
    11/27/12
    First Child born

5/5/14 and 6/5/14
    Twins born into Heaven 
    BFP - 4/6/14, due date 12/8/14. First twin M/C at home - 5/5/14, Second twin D&C - 6/5/14

11/14
    Chemical Pregnancy

9/5/15
    Second after severe bleeding for 18 weeks due to subchorionic hematoma

Currently
    Expecting Number 3 due 10/31/2020
  • Not bleeding or anything, but didn’t have the most encouraging US today. I measured 4 days behind (which was not at all surprising since I’m pretty confident I ovulated CD 17), but the heart rate was low. I guess it’s good there was a heartbeat at all and I’m going back next week for a recheck. Just feeling a little discouraged. Having been through miscarriages before, this early stage is so anxiety provoking for me. 
  • Loading the player...
  • @mkp0903 prayers for you and keep us posted on how next week goes
  • Thinking of you @mkp0903 ❤️
  • @Mkp0903 hugs Hopefully all will be good next time, I was told up to 5 days behind it's still a normal range but regardless of this keep us posted ♥️♥️
  • @mkp0903 Hoping you get awesome news this coming week for your recheck. Sorry you are having to worry. FX everything turns out okay.
  • So sorry @mkp0903 that you’re in limbo. What was the HR? I learned In school that anything over 100 is good but my radiologist group says anything over 90 is ok. 
    I hope your recheck goes ok
  • mkp0903 said:
    Not bleeding or anything, but didn’t have the most encouraging US today. I measured 4 days behind (which was not at all surprising since I’m pretty confident I ovulated CD 17), but the heart rate was low. I guess it’s good there was a heartbeat at all and I’m going back next week for a recheck. Just feeling a little discouraged. Having been through miscarriages before, this early stage is so anxiety provoking for me. 
    Hi there. Just wanted to offer you words of encouragement. Sometimes we ovulate on a 30 day cycle, other times can be 28. At early stages it is hard to predict why you're measuring behind. It wouldn't be until closer to nuchal testing at 12 weeks could they really be able to determine. I understand when the appointment feels off. Best you can do is remain positive. ♥️ You have a lot of support here. 
  • My appointment today went as I expected it might- baby stopped growing around the last appointment and had no heartbeat today. Hearing the silent doppler searching for the heartbeat is not a sound I will forget anytime soon. I've taken the meds and now will just wait for everything to happen. Over the last week all of my pregnancy symptoms completely went away, so I knew this was going to be the likely result.Thanks for the support here. Good luck to all of you, I wish you nothing but healthy, happy pregnancies and little ones. 
  • I’m so sorry for your loss @futuredvmmama
    Me: 27 DH: 27
    Married 6/15/13
    BFP #1 5/8/16, EDD 12/31/16- DD born 9/10/16 at 24 weeks 
    ~In our hearts forever~
    BFP #2 10/14/17, EDD 7/1/18

• I'm so sorry @futuredvmmama. Please take care of yourself. ❤️
  • @futuredvmmama so very sorry for your loss. 
  • @futuredvmmama I’m so sorry to hear about your loss.  Sending love your way, take care!
  • @futuredvmmama I am so sorry for your loss ❤️
    Me: 29 || DH: 29
    TTC #1 4/2016 || dx NIR PCOS 7/2016 || BFP 4/2017
    DD - 12/28/17 <3

TTC #2 3/2019
    BFP 5/2019 || MC - D&C 5/2019
    BFP 2/2020 || EDD 10/10/2020
  • AB518AB518 member
    @dvmmomma  I'm so sorry for your loss.  Please take care of yourself.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @futuredvmmama I’m sorry for your loss
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • @futuredvmmama So sorry for your loss And the sadness you are having to endure. Lots of hugs.
  • @kuntreegirl1018 @futuredvmmama I'm late to the news ladies, I'm so sorry. Take care of yourselves. I'm sending so much love and light to you both
  • I'm so sorry for your loss. I hope you're surrounded with love and support right now. 
  • Update: I had a repeat US today. Baby grew appropriately, officially 4 days behind, and HR up to normal range! I knew I ovulated late, so not surprised to measure behind. Not out of the woods yet, apparently my GS is small so there is still a high risk of miscarriage. Trying to stay hopeful though. My dr didn’t tell me the exact measurements, and I know that if it is less than 5mm difference there’s like an 80+% chance of loss. He knows I’m a doctor and usually shoots me pretty straight, so I think he would have told me if it were that bad. I go back in a week, so fingers and toes crossed. At least I have my rainbow baby (now toddler) to keep me occupied. 

@futuredvmmama I’m so sorry for your loss! I’ve been there before. It’s so hard. I wish you the best and I hope you get your rainbow baby soon!

I’ll probably get back to participating if this next scan goes well. I appreciate your thoughts. More than you know. 
  • On the October 2019 thread they had a memorial thread for that board's angel babies. It's a sticky at the top and just had the screen name of the moms who started on the board but didn't get to finish to honor them and remember their kiddos. I know I never posted on my BMB after my losses... It was too painful. I'm so sorry for the losses here already, ladies. 
    11/27/12
    First Child born

5/5/14 and 6/5/14
    Twins born into Heaven 
    BFP - 4/6/14, due date 12/8/14. First twin M/C at home - 5/5/14, Second twin D&C - 6/5/14

11/14
    Chemical Pregnancy

9/5/15
    Second after severe bleeding for 18 weeks due to subchorionic hematoma

Currently
    Expecting Number 3 due 10/31/2020
  • @BLuvsE that’s a really good idea. I didn’t post anymore on my BMB after I had a loss either. 
  • @futuredvmmama I'm also late to the news and I'm so so sorry for your loss, take care of yourself. Hugs
  • @mkp0903 FX for good news at your follow up. 
  • Some good news, I had a bit of on and off spotting a couple weeks ago and wasn't feeling too optimistic lately, especially as I haven't had much in terms of symptoms.  But just got back from an ultrasound this morning and everything is looking good here!  Heart rate of 150bpm and the little lump is bigger than expected :)  

So sorry for those who've gotten bad news lately, and sending some positive vibes for anyone reading this looking for some encouragement.
  • I’m out. No heartbeat today. Best wishes to all of you for a happy and healthy pregnancy. 
  • @mkp0903 so sorry for your loss. Please take care of yourself. ❤️
  • AB518AB518 member
    @mkp0903 I'm so sorry for your loss.  I'm sad to see you leave.  Hugs.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @mkp0903, I’m so sorry for your loss 
    Married 6/15/13
    ~In our hearts forever~

• @mkp0903 so sorry. Those are such hard words to hear. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • I’m also out. Two in a row. Good luck to everyone else. 
  • @mkp0903 and @mdfarmchick My heart is heavy for you both. So many hugs and well wishes for healing. 
  • @mkp0903 and @mdfarmchick I'm so so sorry. Sending so many well wishes and hugs to both.
  • I’m so sorry @mkp0903 and @mdfarmchick. Thinking of you both. 
  • I’m so sorry for your loss @mdfarmchick
    Married 6/15/13
    ~In our hearts forever~

• @mdfarmchick and @mkp0903 I'm so, so sorry for your losses. Take care of yourselves. 
    Furbaby (Oscar) | 12/9/2010
    DD | 7/3/2015 
    DS | 2/20/2018
    LO#3 | EDD: 10/11/2020 TEAM GREEN!
  • @mdfarmchick and @mkp0903 so sorry for your losses.  Please take time to love yourselves and heal.  
  • So I’ve been bleeding for a week now.  Finally had my first appointment and the US is measuring me at 5.5wks which I think is impossible, I should be 9.5wks right now.  So I have to go back in a week for another US but I don’t think this is going to end well for me.
  • @slord33 I'm so sorry you're going through this. This whole coronovirus thing really threw a wrench in things. Sending love & light your way.
    Me: 37 / DH: 41
    Due with baby #2: Feb 2022

• @slord33 I’m sorry you are going through this heart ache. Hugs.