Trying to Get Pregnant

Covid-19 Pandemic Discussion Thread

Re: Covid-19 Pandemic Discussion Thread

• @inthewoods23 oh right!! Wasn’t it a “win/whine/wine Wednesday” something? Let’s definitely post that tomorrow! 
  • @keikilove yes that sounds right!
    *TW* History:
    Me: 34 DH: 36 | Together since 2007 | Married July 2016

TTC #1 since 7.2017
    Dx: low morph (1%), ANA positive, low decidualization score, high TSH and testosterone, histone antibodies

IUI #1-3 all BFN
    IVF #1 | 6.11.19 | 24R, 17M, 15F, 6B, PGT-A tested - 5 normal, 3 girls & 2 boys
    FET #1 | 9.10.19 | BFN "I know you, but we've never met. I'm with you, but I don't know your name"
    RPL, Receptiva, & ERA testing | all normal/negative, recommended going on gluten and dairy free diet for next FET
    FET #2 | 3.31.20 | Opted to cancelled due to pandemic, continued diet and tried naturally over the summer
    2nd Opinion with another RE | 8.20.20 | Not immune to measles (received 1 dose); SA results similar to 2 years ago; decided to move forward with FET #2 redo at start of next cycle
    Surprise natural BFP! | 9.22.20 | MC 10.23.20 at 8 weeks
    TTCAL naturally | starting 11.22.20

Initial consultation with Reproductive Immunologist | 9.14.21
    Decidualization score biopsy | 10.1.21 | abnormal - low score of 1; endometrial scratch recommended and progesterone supplementation
    Saline sono | 10.15.21 | normal
    Bloodwork | 10.21.21 high TSH, high testosterone, positive for anti-nuclear antibodies and histone antibodies, high protein S, multiple genetic mutations
    BFP! | 11.3.21 | EDD 7.14.22 B) | biopsy provided same effect as endometrial scratch; added supplemental progesterone and estrogen, prednisone, levothyroxine, and MTX Support to maintain pregnancy
    DS born 7.19.22 after induction

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Consultation with RI | 6.6.23
    Saline sono, endometritis biopsy, skin & eye check | all normal
    Labs | high TSH, Factor XIII mutation, high %CD56
    Follow up | 8.8.23 | prescribed metformin, prednisone, plaquenil, and levothyroxine
    Repeat labs after 3 weeks on meds
    Follow up | 11.9.23 | Green light!, increase in prednisone, added lovenox
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    Follow up | 1.16.24 | Green light continues
    TTC put on pause
  • Loading the player...
  • @inthewoods23 I am so down for whine/wine Wednesday 
  • *TW* History:

TTC #1 since 7.2017
    Dx: low morph (1%), ANA positive, low decidualization score, high TSH and testosterone, histone antibodies

IUI #1-3 all BFN
    FET #1 | 9.10.19 | BFN "I know you, but we've never met. I'm with you, but I don't know your name"
    RPL, Receptiva, & ERA testing | all normal/negative, recommended going on gluten and dairy free diet for next FET
    FET #2 | 3.31.20 | Opted to cancelled due to pandemic, continued diet and tried naturally over the summer
    2nd Opinion with another RE | 8.20.20 | Not immune to measles (received 1 dose); SA results similar to 2 years ago; decided to move forward with FET #2 redo at start of next cycle

Decidualization score biopsy | 10.1.21 | abnormal - low score of 1; endometrial scratch recommended and progesterone supplementation
    Bloodwork | 10.21.21 high TSH, high testosterone, positive for anti-nuclear antibodies and histone antibodies, high protein S, multiple genetic mutations
    BFP! | 11.3.21 | EDD 7.14.22 B) | biopsy provided same effect as endometrial scratch; added supplemental progesterone and estrogen, prednisone, levothyroxine, and MTX Support to maintain pregnancy

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Follow up | 8.8.23 | prescribed metformin, prednisone, plaquenil, and levothyroxine
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    TTC put on pause
  • I am kinda freaking out.  We are transitioning from one house to another.  Technically we are in both home until the middle of April and had planned a more relaxed move.  I have been working to get the new house ready, but feeling anxious.  Nearby towns have been given a shelter in place order, but how do I do that with two houses?  Or do I push the move hard for the next couple days in order to hopefully beat any order that comes?  
  • Well that got solved quick.  Looks like we are moving on Monday.  So now to shove everything I see into a box to be sorted out later in the new house.  This whole thing is a mess!!
  • Well that got solved quick.  Looks like we are moving on Monday.  So now to shove everything I see into a box to be sorted out later in the new house.  This whole thing is a mess!!
  • @emeraldduchess. That sounds like the best way to handle things...a quick cry, some constructive planning, and wine!  Using that strategy over here!  I know many states have cancelled the rest of the school year, but hopefully things will start to be back to a more normal status at the end of April.  
  • New York is getting scary. 
    I think we are going to do our best to 100% shelter in place. We are good on grocery for a couple of weeks, really except for milk. Fresh veg can come from MisfitsMarket. Planning to have DH just get it on his way home at the gas station, and wear a mask. (He's essential - manufacturing medical supplies - so he is still going to work)

The only thing I cannot find is distilled water, and DH needs it for a medical device. 

• I just got moved to a hybrid work-from-home model. I go in to the hospital 1 day per week, and log in remotely to talk to patient's on the phone the other days. Thing just keep moving so quickly and changing every day. Our boss said we are doing this model for "at least" the next 4 weeks. For those who aren't on the IF thread, I gave notice at my job right before this all got serious, so I only have 5 weeks at this job left! There's a very real possibility that I won't ever be back at this job in a normal capacity. So strange!
  • @the_road_to_oz I'm in northern NJ and we're doing the same. Last weekend I went around to 4 stores to find distilled water and then could only buy two gallons bc of limitations. I found mine at stop and shop. Can you call around and then pick up?
  • @_orchid_ northern nj too! 
    @the_road_to_oz got mine at wegmans, i think everywhere has a 1-2 gallon limit now

• @the_road_to_oz are you close to NYC? I'm also in NY but there's only a few cases in my county so far. Definitely still afraid though. DH is considered essential as a banker but he's the only one that goes out.
  • I'm on Long Island and I worked in Brooklyn until last Thursday when we (teachers) were finally able to work from home. It's crazy out there. 
  • Question for all! They are estimating that this will hit our hospital hard next week (around April 1st) I was planning on not taking a HPT until I am 12DPO (April 3rd) but I am supposed to work April 1st and 2nd and whether or not I am pregnant will change what I am doing at work drastically. If you were in my situation would you test early (March 31st/ 9DPO) and risk having a false negative and being put in a high risk area for COVID or just wait it out until 12DPO and hope your employer will keep you in a low risk area until you test? (I am a RN/ front line worker) just looking for some input because it is starting to cause me some anxiety. I would hate to find out I am pregnant AFTER being with COVID positive patients. 
  • @tryingktogku can you just ask that they put you in a low risk area to be on the safe side? Would they be understanding if you tell them that testing before the estimated hit next week could be too early to indicate a pregnancy so you may be unknowingly putting yourself at risk if they assign you to the high risk area?
    *TW* History:

TTC #1 since 7.2017

IUI #1-3 all BFN

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    TTC put on pause
  • @tryingktogku I'd just tell them there's a possibility you may be pregnant and ask if they can take precautions as if you are until you know for sure (if you're comfortable disclosing said information).
    TTC History- *TW* LC
    Me: 24 Dh: 46
    Married: 10.2018
    DS #1: 06.2014
    Hyperemesis Gravidarum (HG), Emergency C-Section
    MC: 03.2017- 5 Weeks
    Rainbow DS #2: 07.2018
    HG, 19w Fetal Surgery, 24w PPROM, 33w Placental Abruption, Partial Uterine Rupture, Emergency C-Section
    NICU, Chronic Kidney Disease
    TTC #3: Medically Cleared 12.5.2019, had a bunch of problems and wonky cycles
    BFP 10.13.2020 EDD: 6.26.2021

October 2020 TTGP Signature Challenge: Pets in Costumes

• @tryingtogku I'm with PP.  Ask to be put in a low risk area due to potentially being pregnant.  I would probably still test early because I like to pee on things, but would still be cautious even if it is negative because of how early you'd be testing.  You don't have to tell the hospital that you tested.

Married 07.21.07
    DS#1 01.23.09
    DS#2 08.01.11
    TTC#3  08.31.15
    Laparoscopy/Hysteroscopy/HSG 05.16.17
    Hysteroscopy 10.04.17 10.05.17
    Laparoscopy/Hysteroscopy/HSG 01.10.19
    Left tube removed
    dx: Endometriosis, Adenomyosis
    BC: February-October 2019
    TTA: November-December 2019
    NTNP: January 2020!

• @inthewoods23 @ashaislurking @linzrunz they sent out an email a week ago saying anyone who is pregnant is getting pulled form hot areas. So I told my manager we had just completed our first round of fertility medication and I won’t know for a couple weeks but we are very short staffed and they will want a blood test from occupational health to confirm I am sure (if I get a +HPT). Honestly if I am pregnant I will probability be put off work because there’s no way to truly protect vulnerable (those with low immune compromise/ old age/ asthma/ pregnant) safe in our unit. We have run into a mask shortage here and so I am already technically being exposed probably. It’s just a very weird situation and I have two shifts smack dab in the middle of the estimated hit. 
  • Ahhhh...they just issued a shelter in place order starting tomorrow.  We have all the boxes at the new house and the furniture was supposed to move on Monday!  BUTTS!!!!  Just not sure if movers count as essential or not!  Plus then our lease is supposed to end and we will probably have to pay to "stay" in the house longer.  
  • @dobiemom11 definitely check with the moving company! I hate how these shelter in place orders occur in like a day so then everyone probably scrambles to get supplies etc.
    *TW* History:

TTC #1 since 7.2017

IUI #1-3 all BFN

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    TTC put on pause
  • @inthewoods23. I haven't been grocery shopping either, since I was waiting for the move.  Hopefully this will just all work out.  I told DH that I was ready to get off this ride.  Moving is stressful and then pushing it three weeks and having the stay in place just sucks.  
  • charmedlifex3charmedlifex3 member
    edited March 2020
    @gingermama29 I'm in VT,about 20 feet from the NY border - but I work in hudson valley area. I know several people who are confirmed positive, including a child in our bitty town of 600 people, one of my co-workers ... 
    I used to be a trader for Goldman down in the city, but I left a couple of years ago because of the commute / hassle. Took quite a paycut, but when you wrap in the commute, it ended up not being THAT much. 
    I am SO glad I am not on the trading floor - as it was we passed around colds all winter, lol

• allthingscozyallthingscozy member
    edited March 2020
    @dobiemom11 hope the movers are able to get your stuff to you. I had to go to target today because we ran out of soap refills and milk. And get an prescription for my daughter. My anxiety was so high the whole time. Finally feeling the weight of all of this and feeling concerned for my older and vulnerable family members that I adore. Ugh and people here are not taking the shelter in place order seriously :( so many teens just messing around there ugh! 
  • @allthingscozy it definitely feels like there's an ominous black cloud hanging over everything, doesn't it? My cousin is a nurse in rural New Hampshire and while they don't have any cases at her hospital yet, they know it's a matter of time so they are bracing for it. 
    *TW* death mentioned
    A family member passed away suddenly yesterday and I have no idea what we will be able to do in the way of services. She was a devout Catholic and all masses have been suspended indefinitely. It might just be a grave-side service with a memorial mass after this is all over. 
  • @emeraldduchess I am so sorry for your loss. :( All of this is making me acutely aware of how much I have taken for granted.
  • keikilovekeikilove member
    edited March 2020
    @emeraldduchess I'm so sorry for your loss.  I hope that there will be the opportunity for some kind of ceremony that feels right.  I saw that in Italy the priests are blessing the caskets, possibly giving Last Rites since so many there couldn't receive them in the hours before they actually passed. 
    A friend here lost a family member last week.  They had to "attend" the burial standing at a safe distance away, watching from the side of the road and at least 6 feet apart from each other. She said it was beyond sad to have to say goodbye that way.  I hope your family's experience will be different and bring some peace.
  • @emeraldduchess I'm so sorry for your loss 😥❤
  • @emeraldduchess I'm so sorry for your loss
    TTC History- *TW* LC
    Me: 24 Dh: 46
    Married: 10.2018
    DS #1: 06.2014
    Hyperemesis Gravidarum (HG), Emergency C-Section
    MC: 03.2017- 5 Weeks
    Rainbow DS #2: 07.2018
    HG, 19w Fetal Surgery, 24w PPROM, 33w Placental Abruption, Partial Uterine Rupture, Emergency C-Section
    NICU, Chronic Kidney Disease
    TTC #3: Medically Cleared 12.5.2019, had a bunch of problems and wonky cycles
    BFP 10.13.2020 EDD: 6.26.2021

October 2020 TTGP Signature Challenge: Pets in Costumes

• @the_road_to_oz I can’t find distilled water for my husbands CPAP either! I’m in NJ! 
    DS born 2016
  • Things just got exciting over here with jail time and a $1000 fine if you violate the stay home order.  Not sure how they will enforce that, but hopefully we can finish moving today and just avoid all the issues.  
  • @dobiemom11 Holy crap that's crazy! H is in law enforcement and we've been talking about how he'd enforce that if it comes to that here.  He's not really sure either.  So far his patrolling is pretty boring since it seems people are listening, but he also works nights.  Since the bars aren't open in the County, there's not much else for people to do at night except stay home.

Married 07.21.07
    DS#1 01.23.09
    DS#2 08.01.11
    TTC#3  08.31.15
    Laparoscopy/Hysteroscopy/HSG 05.16.17
    Hysteroscopy 10.04.17 10.05.17
    Laparoscopy/Hysteroscopy/HSG 01.10.19
    Left tube removed
    dx: Endometriosis, Adenomyosis
    BC: February-October 2019
    TTA: November-December 2019
    NTNP: January 2020!

• Thank you, ladies. *TW*My family member was in her 80s and hadn't been in the best health for a while, so while it was sudden, it wasn't completely unexpected. Unfortunately we can't even have a graveside ceremony since the cemetery is closed to all visitors. We're allowed to do a family-only prayer service with social distancing. Very sad, but it is what it is. End *TW*
    @inthewoods23 @keikilove OMG those posts would have set me on edge too. 
  • @dobiemom11 we have that too started on Friday.  Surprisingly we are allowed to go outside and walk/ exercise but playgrounds are closed. We took advantage and walked around our nearby lake. I was surprised by the number of people out. 
  • @emeraldduchess I’m so sorry for your loss!
    DS born 2016
  • @allthingscozy. My parents and in-laws just received stay at home orders until June 10th.  I can't even imagine!  I feel like ours will be extended, but that is a really long time.