May 2020 Moms
Options

Coronavirus concerns

Just wanting to have a place to share my concerns with fellow expectant moms. 

I am a first time mom, I live in Boston where there was just declared a state of emergency. 

I am feeling so anxious I hope I can give birth at the hospital and that it isn't overwhelmed with the pandemic. 

Re: Coronavirus concerns

• Options
    I was just thinking of this as well, i live in California where they have also declared a state of emergency and i cannot help but panic a bit when thinking what happens if i get the corona virus while pregnant and whether it harms the baby. I read this article and all i could think of doing is to self isolate and prepare for a home labor if needed. 
  • Options
    I've been planning a home birth (assisted) from the get go. If you're in California, I'd be looking for an out of hospital birth center (I've heard several are taking late transfers!) and seeing about contacting a home birth midwife, they are usually CPMs. My network tells me they're working extra hard to handle as many home births as possible in California right now.
    1st born at 35+4 on 6/6/16
    Team green turned BLUE!
    2nd born at 38+6 on 8/30/18 
    Team green turned PINK!
    Due with #3 on 6/6/20 Team Green

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Nebraska here. Also in a state of emergency. Our hospital just banned all visitors from the labor and delivery floors. You can have your spouse (or one person to support you during labor and delivery) and that is it. I’m heartbroken that my mom and dad won’t get to visit their grandbaby in the hospital, but I fear by the time I give birth that will be the least of my worries. I’m concerned about hospitals being over capacity, not having a delivery room, not having doctors to give epidurals or perform c sections if needed, not having adequate nurse support, being forced to leave prematurely. Many of these concerns are so selfish, knowing there will be people fighting for their life. I don’t want to be a burden on the system. I also don’t believe that makes my fears invalid.
  • Options
    I'm from New York city, I'm due in May. I've been worried just thinking about if this all last that long and how am I going to give birth. I also am nervous to go to the hospital because of so many people already getting sick. Anyone has any suggestions or advice
  • Options
    In California over here too! Moms it’s going to be crazy come May. This will be my 3rd baby.. 
    Just know it’s ok to feel every emotion. I’ve cried buckets of tears. Hospital overload, husbands not allowed in birthing room. Our little babies will be with us and our goal is to deliver as quickly as possible and get home! Good luck to everyone we will get through this. ❤️
  • Options
    Thank you appreciate all the good info. I will definitely look in to a home birth