November 2020 Moms

*TW* Spotting/Bleeding/Threatened Loss Support

I borrowed this idea from a previous BMB. I think it is important for us all to have a dedicated forum when dealing with these upsetting issues. I have seen multiple posts about spotting/bleeding and have experienced it myself, so this is a space for us to discuss those things outside of the regular symptoms thread.

This thread is to support anyone experiencing spotting and/or bleeding.

All conversation surrounding these issues should go here. The TW in the title applies for the whole thread. Please beware of reading ahead if you think you might be triggered by conversations about spotting/bleeding. 

Finally, remember that most of us are not medical professionals, and even if we were, it's always best to call/visit your doctor with questions or concerns. Feel free to ask questions and voice concerns, but please do not expect anyone here to be able to offer you anything but support.  The most important thing to do is to call your doctor. They can offer answers; we can offer support.

Re: *TW* Spotting/Bleeding/Threatened Loss Support

• windywomanwindywoman member
    edited March 2020
    @bserena I’m sure that was super scary! I’m glad you were able to see that the baby is doing well. 
  • Loading the player...
  • @bserena good idea!
    I've had subchorionic hemorrhages with all of my past pregnancies. They can definitely be nerve wracking 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • mamacaramamacara member
    edited March 2020
    5 weeks 3 days. My symptoms have all decreased, and with that started some pink to red spotting when I wipe. I’ve been cramping since before my missed period but nothing terrible. It’s been 5 or 6 days since the spotting started but it’s only in the bathroom. Cramps intensified today so I called my OB. They said to come in. Nothing on the ultrasound. I thought there would be. my cervix is closed though, no blood while examined. Going back Friday to find my hcg levels and give blood again. Prayers and positivity so appreciated. It’s hard not being able to talk to anyone about what’s going on yet. 
  • @mamacara all the prayers in the world mama!
  • @mamacara You are in my thoughts &prayers. I hope you get good news on Friday. 
  • @mamacara thinking about you! This first part of pregnancy when no ones knows is the absolute worst!
  • @mamacara oh I am sending you so many positive thoughts and prayers <3 
  • Hi ladies! I’ve also been experiencing cramping and bleeding (some heavy) for the last 4 days. I had my first US on the 20th after having intense cramps and was told I was 5w1d and there wasn’t much to see but the gestational sac. Today I went in for another US after having heavier bleeding and the tech was able to see the baby and the heartbeat. It was a little low at 101bmp but I was told that could be normal as the heart likely just started beating. No answers to explain the bleeding and I was diagnosed with a threatened MC. I have a follow up US 8 days from now to see how things are going. How in the world do you stay sane during the waiting? I’m afraid to be hopeful.

Best of luck and lots of prayers to all you mamas going through the same stressful situation!
  • Sending thoughts and prayers to both of you @mamacara and @jrush520
  • @jrush520 I am so sorry you are dealing with this. It sounds a lot like what I have been dealing with the last few weeks. I had heavy bleeding last week but went in and saw baby on u/s and heartbeat was 115 (6w5d). Today I had a follow up u/s and HB is 143 and the bleeding has stopped. It was what is called a subchorionic bleed. Hoping and praying that you were just experiencing something similar and that next week will bring good news!
  • @jrush520 like @bserena said I hope it is just subchorionic bleeds for you as well.  They found (2) small ones on my U/S at 6w5d and that explained my spotting that I had had for a few weeks prior.  But everything seems to have now resolved itself, so hopefully you are in the same boat.  Hugs for a as stress-free as possible next (8) days!
  • @mamacara and @jrush520 sending so many prayers and good thoughts! The beginning of pregnancy is such a tough time because you feel so out of control and alone in a way. We are here though! Hugs! 
  • Prayers, hugs, and positive vibes @mamacara and @jrush520
  • I started having some spotting on Tuesday night, which turned into a heavier bleed with cramping by yesterday morning. When I called the office, they sent me to get some bloodwork done since it was too early for them to do an u/s just yet. I just got off the phone with a nurse, who told me that unfortunately my hcg test came back negative. My heart is broken. I wish you all the very best. While I was only a part of this group for a very short time, it is so so hard to leave.
  • @runningoncookies My heart goes out to you ❤ I'm so sorry.
    TW
    Me: 33 DH: 32
    Started Dating: 2003 Married: 2013
    Started TTC August 2016
    BFP: 2/1/17 MC: 2/8/17
    BFP: 3/8/17 MMC: 5/1/17
    BFP: 7/23/17 EDD: 4/5/18
    BFP: 2/27/20

• @runningoncookies oh no, I am so so sorry!!
  • I had a few days of light bleeding, along with some cramps. Called on Tuesday (at about 7w6d) and they scheduled me in right away. U/S showed it was subchorionic bleeding. Saw the baby and heartbeat at 160. This was an appt before my first scheduled appt for 4/1, and I met with a different doctor, who really didn't give me much information other than that. Subchorionic bleeding and the doctor didn't really seem concerned. The tech showed it to me, said it was a small area and the doctors would keep an eye on it, but that it would likely go away on its own. I'll ask my midwife for more information when I meet with her 
  • With the return of some symptoms decreased spotting and cramping I honestly believe this is a strong little boy. Something in me just needs confirmation. Fingers crossed for mother’s intuition and Gods will. Patience is a virtue I do not yet have but soon will learn over the next 9 months.
  • @warmwinter I am glad they were able to get you in! I didn't get a ton of info at my emergency appts for my bleed either. They told me at my actual OB intake appointment we would go over all of that. So glad your little bean seems to be doing well!
  • @warmwinter I had bleeds with both my successful pregnancies. The blood typically gets reabsorbed and the bleeding will stop. 

• @mamacara sending so much positivity your way <3 
  • @runningoncookies I am so very sorry <3 
  • Oh, I am so so sorry @runningoncookies:'(
  • Prayers sent for you @runningoncookies 💜 I am so so sorry 😔
  • Sending you strenght and love @runningoncookies
  • @crystalmir91385 and @bserena thanks for your perspectives, you've helped to put my mind at ease a bit. 
  • I'm so sorry @runningoncookies I'll keep you and your family in my thoughts and I hope for peace for you all. 
  • @runningoncookies my heart goes out to you! I had a missed miscarriage in December, so the pain is all to fresh. :( Feel free to reach out if you need to talk.

• has anyone used a fetal doppler? I was a bleeder the 1st trimester with my son 6 years ago. I was bleeding a good amount this time around, went in saturday and they told me i was having a miscarriage and sent me home. my doppler came in today and out of curiosity, I tried it and found my heart beat in the 70's as well as another in the 120's-130's... either way I'm calling in the morning. not sure if I should get excited or not 😶😶
  • @beaner_mom  after I’ll I’ve read I wouldn’t give up or stress. You’re body will do what it needs to and you never know what is going on in there unfortunately.  I’ve been praying for all of us every day! 

Just an update, my beta from Wednesday was 1076! Today I got a rogham shot because I am O- I can’t wait til I get the phone call to make sure my number s have doubled. I am STILL SPOTTING and cramping but it is only when I wipe and it comes and goes. My minds at ease for the time being and I hope everyone else gets some peace too.
  • @runningoncookies I am so, so sorry! All the strength and prayers in the world ❤️
  • Sending prayers to anyone that needs them❤️

I had spotting during my first pregnancy with DD, it really freaked me out and I ran to the ER. They did an exam and said everything was fine and sometimes it happens. I spotted for about a week or so. There’s hope🙏🏽
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Over the last few hours I have miscarried. It was painful. I thought it would never end but it’s over now. My obgyn will be calling tomorrow with my blood results from Friday since they didn’t call before the weekend. the results of my hcg. I’ll tell them then. they’ll probably want me to come in. I guess I will. 
  • @mamacara I'm sooo sorry to hear this! I miscarried in December, and am here to talk if you need anything.
    My OB had me come in about 2 weeks after the miscarriage for a check up.

• @macamara I'm so very sorry for your loss. ❤
  • @mamacara I am so so very sorry.
  • @mamacara I'm so sorry. Thinking of you 💜
    TW
    Me: 33 DH: 32
    Started Dating: 2003 Married: 2013
    Started TTC August 2016
    BFP: 2/1/17 MC: 2/8/17
    BFP: 3/8/17 MMC: 5/1/17
    BFP: 7/23/17 EDD: 4/5/18
    BFP: 2/27/20