November 2020 Moms

Week 2 Check-in w/o 03/23/20

This is the group check in for those of us due during the 2nd week of November!

EDD/weeks+days: 

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green: 

Baby is the size of a(n): 

Upcoming appointments:

How are you feeling? 

Raves/Rants: 

Questions: 

GTKY:  What is your hobby?

Re: Week 2 Check-in w/o 03/23/20

• EDD/weeks+days: 11/11; 6W5D

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green: finding out but telling no one

Baby is the size of a(n): jelly belly jelly bean

Upcoming appointments: another phone call on 4/1...it was supposed to be an exam and u/s...I’m pretty disappointed. 

How are you feeling? All and all, good. WFH now, so feel like I have too much time on my hands. Mostly dealing with sore/tender boobs and nipples and occasionally bloat but that’s really it. Struggling because I don’t feel pregnant. 

Raves/Rants: no one can do anything about it but I’m ready to rant about COVID-19. I hate the way it’s impacting our journeys to becoming mommas. This is stemming from my cancelled u/s but...it’s just frustrating. I was so excited for the journey and now it’s all wonky. 

Questions: Am I crazy for wanting symptoms? 😆 

GTKY:  What is your hobby? Working out, cooking, and traveling/exploring
    Me: 27 DH: 30
    Started dating: 10/2010 ;; Married 10/2017
    Started TTC: 10/2019
    BFP: 12/20/19 ;; MC: 12/24/19
    BFP: 3/5/20 ;; EDD: 11/11/20
  • EDD/weeks+days: Nov 12/6w4d

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green: Finding out! 

Baby is the size of a(n): Sweet pea 

Upcoming appointments: April 14...feels like forever!

How are you feeling? Like total crap lol! So nauseous, no energy, sore boobies. 

Raves/Rants: Week 2 of quarantine/eLearning. I want to go back to work!! 

Questions: Nothing I can think of now. 

GTKY:  What is your hobby? I like to read
  • Loading the player...
  • @lovelee3 I’m sorry about your appointment. That is SO disappointing! 
  • kelk5kelk5 member
    EDD/weeks+days: Nov. 12th/ 6 weeks 

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green: finding out

Baby is the size of a(n): sweet pea

Upcoming appointments: scheduled 3/30 but may have to cancel 

How are you feeling? Light-headed, it's been really hard to move around.  Some nausea but I haven't been sick yet so that is really different from previous pregnancies and makes me nervous. Tired and bloated.

Raves/Rants: I'm just nervous about being pregnant with COVID-19.  DH said he's having a hard time getting excited because of the pandemic and just not knowing what the next year holds.

Questions: none currently

GTKY:  What hobby?  I feel like I don't have hobbies anymore. But reading and wine were probably my biggest hobbies. I also enjoy going to bed early and showering 😆
  • kelk5kelk5 member
    @lovelee3 I don't think you are crazy for wanting symptoms. They suck but are also comforting. 
  • EDD/weeks+days: November 10, 7 weeks today!

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green: Tryyyyyying to be team green...but if we can’t stand it, we have no problem finding out. 🥰

Baby is the size of a(n): gummy bear 🐻 

Upcoming appointments: April 8th

How are you feeling? Nauseas, insatiably hungry, tired and full of sinus pressure.

Raves/Rants: I am hungry all the time! With legit hunger pangs 30 minutes after I eat. It is waking me up at night. I don’t remember this with either of my other two babes! Anybody else?

Questions: Whats your favorite quarantine snack? 😋 I am digging corn pops at the moment...like I did with my son.

GTKY:  What is your hobby? I love running, crafting and singing! 💜
  • @lovelee3 definitely not crazy...I totally prayed for symptoms too. 💜💜
  • EDD/weeks+days: November 14, 6w3d

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green: Green

Baby is the size of a(n): still small  :)

Upcoming appointments: Haven't scheduled. I've seen that a lot of people are being pushed back to 12 weeks anyways, and I know my midwife won't see me until then anyways, so holding off so far. 

How are you feeling? Tired, lots of insomnia, and the nausea showed up in all of its terrible glory this morning. 

Raves/Rants: Not much really. I'm in the same boat as you, @kelk5 In general, I know my family is really lucky during all of this to have my husband's secure job and the ability for me and DS to stay home. But man, I had so many coping mechanisms in my head when I was thinking about being pregnant again that now aren't an option and it's really tough. Being home alone with a baby (just turned one) is hard enough as it is, but add on top of that feeling sick all the time and having no human contact or the ability to pass off the baby to the grandparents for a brief break...oof. And then hearing about how a lot of clinics aren't letting partners come with to appointments and I think some hospitals in NY currently won't let women have birthing partners during labor (nightmare material!)....I'm sure some of this is hormones, too, but this has been a hard week to feel excited about this pregnancy. 

Questions: None really. 

GTKY:  What is your hobby? I love reading, and blogging about reading, and cross-stitching and my cats. What does that add up to? Yep, a librarian. 
  • EDD/weeks+days: Nov 12/6 weeks 4 days

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green: Finding out I am thinking pink but others are thinking blue 

Baby is the size of a(n): Sweet pea

Upcoming appointments: I haven't called yet. I need to soon things have just been wild lately!

How are you feeling? Exhausted, nauseous, moody, achy, all the symptoms

Raves/Rants: I feel like I have had to share my news way before I was ready. I just work for what's considered an "essential" state agency and needed to get permission to work from home most of the time. I feel like I haven't been able to really process that I am pregnant. It doesn't help that this was an unplanned pregnancy. I am so excited and feel blessed to have another baby. I am just having a hard time processing. 

We just found out my husband doesn't have his main job until maybe June 1st because of COVID-19. Fortunately we have health insurance through me, but this is just crazy. When I got pregnant with my daughter he has just worke

Questions: How can I make this baby's pregnancy as special as my 1st? I really focused on my 1st pregnancy and I feel like I am already not doing a good job of being balanced with this one.

GTKY:  What is your hobby? Working out, crafts, fairy gardens