Raves/Rants: 

Questions: 

GTKY: What's your biggest pet peeve? 

Re: J20 Weekly Check-in 3/23

• EDD/weeks+days: July 16/23+5

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green: Blue

Baby is the size of a(n)/fun fact: Yule log

Upcoming appointments: End of April for glucose test

How are you feeling? pretty good actually, still taking unisom nightly, but my levothyroxine adjustments have put me in a pretty good place energy-wise.

Raves/Rants: I'm so thankful I feel baby moving a lot right now. I cannot imagine all the fears of today without having at least those little bits of reassurance. 

Questions: 

GTKY: What's your biggest pet peeve? This is kind of a random one, but I haaaaaate stuff on lids. Like ketchup bottle lids, or toothpaste, or salsa. Just clean it! Over the weekend I took out my jars from the refrigerator and cleaned them 😂 Maybe this is my serial killer trait. 
  • b_1029b_1029 member
    edited March 2020
    EDD/weeks+days: 7/17 23+4

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green: pink

Baby is the size of a(n)/fun fact: grapefruit. She’s practicing breathing exercises apparently

Upcoming appointments: 4/6

How are you feeling? Fine pregnancy wise, still a bit anxious and sad about everything going on

Raves/Rants: H will start WFH tomorrow so we’ll have to figure that out. I’m sure there will be some growing pains there but I’m glad he’ll be going into the office fairly minimally now. Otherwise I’m just kind of starting to go stir crazy. It was a really nice day here yesterday so that helped some since I was able to take my computer outside. 

Questions: nope 

GTKY: What's your biggest pet peeve? Inconsiderate people. Also H leaving trash within 5 feet of the trash can and his dirty clothes on the ground 4 feet from the hamper. 

@modoodles agreed that this would be even worse without those reassuring kicks from baby! 
  • Loading the player...
  • EDD/weeks+days: 7/19 23w2d

Baby is the size of a(n)/fun fact: Today, her fist is the size of a dice.

Upcoming appointments: March 30th, meeting new OB and general check up. IDK if I mentioned this any other time, but my regular OB that I had been seeing is having a baby a month before me! So she will be on maternity leave  :D

How are you feeling? Physically, fine. mentally I'm a little uneasy. With everything going on, and so many unknowns its just getting me a bit worried. Ideally, the weather here in MN would be better so I can get outside more often. 

Raves/Rants: Missing my family and friends; can't wait for all of this to be over. 

Questions: N/A

GTKY: What's your biggest pet peeve? I have a few... open/loud mouth chewers, slow walkers, and when things roll or fall off of something when you really know that they shouldn't have (IE. a pencil rolling off a flat table. lol..)

@b_1029 both my husband and I have been WFH now for the past 2 weeks and we've learned to work it out. we have set certain meetings as priority, meaning that, if one of us has one of those meetings during a certain time we get the office and the other one has to go elsewhere. It takes some getting use to, but we haven't gotten sick of each other yet - thankfully!

@modoodles so fun to be feeling the baby move more! I'm in the same boat, it's very reassuring especially during this time.
  • blaf322blaf322 member
    edited March 2020
    EDD/weeks+days: 7/5; 25+2

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green: blue

Baby is the size of a(n)/fun fact: prairie dog

Upcoming appointments: 3/30 with MFM

How are you feeling? feeling good, physically. I'm ready for that visit on the 30th to be over with

Raves/Rants: DH is frustrating me a bit with DD the past couple of days. He's in a bad mood and picking every. single. battle. Like, dude, just let her wear the socks she wants. Who gives a f*ck if she doesn't want the ones you chose. 

Also, my coworker right now. We're all having to take turns disinfecting the office. He cleaned once and is acting like he deserves a medal.

Questions: none

GTKY: What's your biggest pet peeve? loud chewing. Chew with your damn mouth shut or you'll be getting dagger eyes from me.
  • modoodlesmodoodles member
    edited March 2020
    @blaf322 @shaqn0sis omg the open-mouth chewers 😬😬 my three older kids are totally good about chewing with their mouths closed, but my 7 year old is THE WORST. I am.not exaggerating when I say I have to tell him at least 6 times to chew with his mouth closed at every meal. I wish I knew what to do! I've thought about getting a mirror to put in front of his plate when he eats so he could "self-monitor" but that feels like I'm shaming him or something! But it is so awful. 
  • @modoodles my friend's H is a 40yo man who still smacks his lips when he eats sometimes. It drives. me. bonkers. Like, how has no one ever been like, "whoa... Joe... you gotta close that mouth, buddy." Maybe some people just aren't good at it? lol
    DD gets excited when she remembers to chew with her mouth shut and will be super exaggerated with her closed mouth chewing while grunting at us to get our attention so we notice. It makes me proud :D 
  • @blaf322 oh man, this reminds me of a little funny story about table manners from a year ago, when he was in kindergarten. So, 7yo clearly sucks at chewing with his mouth closed, but he wants to be the lunchroom manners police. He got very upset because he told a classmate it was rude to have their elbows on the table at lunch, and they wouldn't listen to him. His teacher reminded him to worry about himself. Then he was caught giving this classmate dirty looks while doing the fingers to eyes thing after the teacher walked away. 😂😂  She made him sit by himself at the other end of the table. I. Died. 
  • EDD/weeks+days:22 weeks

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green: blue

Baby is the size of a(n)/fun fact: 
    coconut 🥥 
    Upcoming appointments: April 1

How are you feeling? I feel good with all the resting I have been getting!!!

Raves/Rants: I am so tired of my house!!! I want to go to work and get back to normal!!! My husband is driving me nuts telling me all the things I should be doing! 🙄

Questions: 

GTKY: What's your biggest pet peeve? I agree with all of you!!! Not closing your mouth and smacking while eating drives me crazy!!! 

• @modoodles your story about your son is cracking me up!!! 🤣

@b_1029 I totally understand about going stir crazy!!! I am so sick of my house!!! I went for a walk today and it was heavenly!!! So I definitely thinking getting outside is helping the crazy!!! 

@bl@blaf322 I totally understand the whole coworkers getting on your nerves. I share a room with another male teacher and he thinks he never has to do anything but play on his phone! 🙄

• @blaf322 @modoodles mine is my husband  :D I've come to realize that for some reason he can't breathe out of his nose when he's eating? lol I try to tune it out. 
  • @shaqn0sis omg... my H has issues with breathing anytime anything is going on with his mouth too. Like, he breathes while eating, but it's a louder than normal breathing. I really wish he'd get it checked out... but it doesn't bother him so I guess I can't make him have a surgery just so I'm not annoyed :D 
  • EDD/weeks+days: July 27th 22 weeks 2 days 

Baby is the size of a(n)/fun fact: coconut 

Upcoming appointments: I have one in April but we shall see what happens with it 

How are you feeling? good just worried about delivery and what it will look like, like I think we all are. 

Raves/Rants: 

Questions: 

GTKY: What's your biggest pet peeve? I also don’t like smacking while eating and my 5 year old is the worst! I keep trying to teach her but she either doesn’t care or just doesn’t get it. Drives me crazy! 

• @hbird0723 same; I'm often thinking about what it's going to be like by the time I deliver... will my husband be able to be in there? will my family (who live out of state) be able to be there or come after. too many unknowns already with labor/childbirth and to add all this on top just gives me extra worry.
  • EDD/weeks+days: 22+3 7/26

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green:  blue

Baby is the size of a(n)/fun fact: Today his palm is the size of a watch face. 

Upcoming appointments: April 7th repeat US

How are you feeling? Good! My allergies are going nuts already though 🙄 feeling some much movement lately. Also having horrible heartburn almost daily. So I am thinking of asking about that on my next appt

Raves/Rants: rant. It snowed this AM. 

Questions: does anyone do anything special for their heartburn? I don’t think I’m at the point where I’m worried about too many tums. But if it continues I might be

GTKY: What's your biggest pet peeve?  I could think of my pet peeves. Until someone asks about them 😂 I’ll try to think of something 😂
  • @nursejenn5 both my MFM and OB said Prilosec is the next step after Tums for heartburn, now that Ranitidine is no longer safe... and it's been a game changer for me! Mine was making me puke, it was so bad. After only a day or two on the Prilosec, it was like I was a different person! Try that!
  • @blaf322 thank you I definitely will!! It’ll may also help some if I start eating better more regularly  😂😅 
  • EDD/weeks+days: due 7/9. 24+6

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green: Im a boy mom 

Baby is the size of a(n)/fun fact: double gulp cup 

Upcoming appointments: supposed to be 4/3 for glucose test, but called and asked to have it rescheduled. 

How are you feeling? Not great mentally. This past 4 months have been a lot, losing both parents, covid, moving, cleaning out my parents properties, and just general feeling of overwhelmed. But I started Prozac in February and it helped a lot, and I’m on the smallest does possible. So if I’m still feeling crappy when i go in next, she said she can up my script. I’ve also reached out to a bunch of different professionals, and have things “set up” for when we can meet in person, but nothing can be done right now. Last week we instituted “mommy time” when I can get out for a walk or sit in the basement alone. As weird as it sounds, it’s helped me, having quiet “me” time. And my boys and I have been doing yoga and guided meditation on YouTube which I also think has helped a lot. Started my seedlings and going to work on putting in a garden in my moms backyard (where we will be living when baby comes). So things to look forward to, which is what I’ve been trying to focus on. 

Raves/Rants: 

Questions: 

GTKY: What's your biggest pet peeve? 
    I can’t stand people beating around the bush. Whatever you are going to say, say it. I hate the buildup. My favorite sympathy card came from my kindergarteners classmate that said “I’m sorry your grandparents died. You must be sad”. Wow kiddo, that was EXACTLY what this mama wanted to hear. 😂

stuff on caps is a close second. Hubs and I have separate toothpastes (same kind, but different tubes) cause apart, this doesn’t seem to be an issue. When we share 🤮
  • EDD/weeks+days: July 20/23+6

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green: It's a boy!

Baby is the size of a(n)/fun fact: Eggplant

Upcoming appointments: Glucose tolerance test up next 

How are you feeling? Not bad actually, tired but work has been crazy through all this COVID situation. I'm still working in clinic and doing telehealth appointments to try and still provide care to our patients. It's been tough but we're all doing what we can.

Raves/Rants: 
    - Rave to husband for indulging my carrot cake craving and getting me some
    - Rave to warm weather melting all our snow woot woot
    - Rant to a coworker who likes to push breastfeeding at me. I'm a family physician and am making the choice to formula feed... I know the pros/cons of each very well and have made my choice. I don't need to hear it or feel pressured... ffs. Doesn't matter how baby is fed, just that they are fed and happy/healthy/thriving. 

Questions: 

GTKY: What's your biggest pet peeve? People who cough without covering their mouths, and those who chew with their mouths open >.<
  • EDD/weeks+days: July 7th, 26 weeks tomorrow!

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green: Blue. I fall more in love with our little boy every day.

Baby is the size of a(n)/fun fact: He's the size of an acorn squash and as tall as a chopstick. I can't believe he's getting up towards nearly two pounds already. Just bananas! 

Upcoming appointments: Gestational diabetes test on April 1st, appt with OB on the 7th.

How are you feeling? Sleeping is getting harder, that's for sure. I can't seem to get comfy. I'm usually a semi-side sleeper, somewhere between laying on my side and my tummy, and if I get even close to laying like that he'll boot me like crazy because he's a little squished! My pelvis and butt hurts from sitting at work, and I'm starting to feel more regular aches and pains in my back. All totally worth it though, especially since I feel pretty fantastic otherwise. I hope everyone else is feeling great too!

Raves/Rants:
    Rave: How strong my little dude's kicks are getting now. We can see them so clearly on the outside and I still love laying there with a hand on my tummy feeling him jab away more than anything. It's my happy place.
    Rant: The leaking colostrum. I never thought I'd have to start putting bra liners in this early. On one hand it's super cool and a very comforting reminder, and on the other, getting stains on my shirts the minute I take my bra off is a bit annoying. 

Questions: Do most women get nauseous again in the third trimester? I'm so happy to finally be past the morning sickness (which lasted WAY too long for my liking - I didn't start feeling truly better until 22/23 weeks) and dreading having to potentially deal with it again. 

GTKY: What's your biggest pet peeve? Hmm.. the sound of people eating or someone picking their nails. Grossamundo!