November 2020 Moms

Week 1 Check-in w/o 03/23/20

Good Morning Everyone!

This is the group check in for those of us due during the 1st week of November!

EDD/weeks+days: 

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green: 

Baby is the size of a(n): 

Upcoming appointments:

How are you feeling? 

Raves/Rants: 

Questions: 

GTKY:  What is your hobby?

Re: Week 1 Check-in w/o 03/23/20

• EDD/weeks+days: Nov 4/7w5d

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green: We were Team Green last time and loved it, but I think we'll be finding out this time!

Baby is the size of a(n): jellybean/blueberry

Upcoming appointments: Today! It's just the intake appt, but I'm still way excited!

How are you feeling? Ok. Yesterday I was pretty much queasy all day. It felt like an all day mild hangover. Generally I've been pretty low energy (sometimes picking up my 30 lb toddler is just more than I can handle), have major bloating, and my nipples are getting tender.

Raves/Rants: The upside of being home with DS is that I have gotten him on a great sleep schedule and now he's taking super naps and sleeping well at night, which hadn't been the case recently. 
    Rant: Poor little guy has had his birthday party downsized and cancelled. Good thing he doesn't know the difference 🤷‍♀️

GTKY:  What is your hobby? I love sewing/quilting! I wish I could work on my projects more with DS around, but ..... toddlers. 
    TW
    Me: 33 DH: 32
    Started Dating: 2003 Married: 2013
    Started TTC August 2016
    BFP: 2/1/17 MC: 2/8/17
    BFP: 3/8/17 MMC: 5/1/17
    BFP: 7/23/17 EDD: 4/5/18
    BFP: 2/27/20

• EDD/weeks+days: November 7th, 7w2d

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green: Finding out

Baby is the size of a(n): M&M

Upcoming appointments: This Wednesday, the 25th, for my 3rd ultrasound

How are you feeling? Good! Anxious for my u/s just because of the scares we have had already. But everything looked great last Thursday (besides the bleeding) so I am just trying to remember that and stay positive. I still don't have any morning sickness or major symptoms other than fatigue, bloating and sore/tender boobs.

Raves/Rants: Had a nice relaxing weekend and will probably be working from home as of today, so that is nice. I came into the office but I plan on leaving around noon and not coming in until this COVID craziness is over. I am so grateful I have the ability to WFH.

Questions: None

GTKY:  What is your hobby? I do a lot of TV watching (way more than I should, lol), but I also love reading and crocheting. I enjoy pilates and yoga too, but I have been told no exercise by my OB so that isn't possible right now.

@hedgepig yay for getting your LO on a good sleeping schedule! I hope you have a great appointment today!
  • Loading the player...
  • EDD/weeks+days: November 1st/8w1d

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green: Plan to find out. Should know after genetic testing @ week 10

Baby is the size of a(n): raspberry

Upcoming appointments: Two weeks for blood work. First US was last Friday and everything looks great!

How are you feeling? Pretty queasy, but delighted to be pregnant. Very grateful to be home during this time, but worried about finances since I can't work right now.

Raves/Rants: Trying not to freak out about COVID-19. It's hard to stay calm. My husband is a healthy care provider, so he's on the front lines. Hope everyone is safe and healthy.

Questions: Anyone else having egg white discharge like when you ovulate? 

GTKY:  What is your hobby? I love to cook and watch cooking shows. Wish I could share some apricot choc chip scones with you all. I also do yoga; it keeps me sane(ish). Lol
  • EDD/weeks+days: 8w1d; 11/01

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green: Team Finding Out!

Baby is the size of a(n): raspberry or 2x2 lego block

Upcoming appointments: 1st trimester bloodwork on 3/27; routine ob/gyn appt on 4/10 and NIPT on 4/23

How are you feeling? I have days when I am dead tired and days when I have tons of energy.  I am also bloated and craving carbs and everything that is bad for me lol.

Raves/Rants: WFH has been interesting, but I am grateful to be doing so right now so I don't need to worry too much about getting ready or the extra (5) minutes I may need to just chill to get through the day.

Questions: None at this time.

GTKY:  What is your hobby?  I love to work out, read and watch HGTV.  When I have time I love to cook and bake as well. 
  • @bserena That must be such a relief to have another US coming up - this pregnancy has has such a dramatic start! Here's hoping things settle down for a H&H9 for you!
    @36anditsmyfirst Yay for a good US! And yes, I have definitely had some EWCM this pregnancy and last, and I know other people do too. Increased mucus in general is common.
    @jaclyn0405 I'm relieved to be working from home too!
    ---
    AFM, I had my intake appt yesterday, which went fine. I made appts for dating US (a week from today!!), NIPT and first midwife checkup/pap smear (in a few weeks). Things are really rolling now!
    TW
    Started TTC August 2016

• @hedgepig right?! I may have to go in for a day next week as we are rotating to have 1 person from our office in every day, so that shouldn’t be too bad lol. And yay for new appointment! I’m excited for the NIPT since we can find out the sex wooo! :) 
  • @jaclyn0405 I am not sure if I will be getting NIPT done but for sure that is the exciting part!!! Part of me wants to just to find out the sex early :) 

@hedgepig thank you, yes it has been pretty crazy so far. Just hoping it settles down from here on out!! Glad you had a good intake appointment and have your next appointments scheduled!
  • EDD/weeks+days: 11/5 7w+5

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green: Finding out, but not sharing until arrival :)

Baby is the size of a(n): Airpod

Upcoming appointments: 4/2 with the OB

How are you feeling? Nauseous and le tired. Worried about money since I got laid off because of COVID.

Raves/Rants: Raves: I baked a cake today
    Rants: Here's the story. My OB from my last 2 pregnancies dissolved his practice this past summer. I asked my RE for a recommendation since I really like him and trust his opinion and he gave me one. I was able to schedule an appointment with her - HOWEVER, I found out that her office is located directly IN a hospital and I'm a bit freaked out about going since NYC is such a Covid-19 hotbed. Now, I'm searching for an OB in Brooklyn (that's where I live) that isn't located directly in a hospital that comes recommended, but am having a lot of trouble figuring out who to use.

Questions: None, really.

GTKY:  What is your hobby? Cooking, baking, knitting and pestering MH.
  • @laurenmicheley your hobby "pestering MH" made me laugh out loud  :D that makes two of us haha. And my OB is in a hospital too, I think a lot of them are. I do know that the hospital makes them follow super strict sanitation guidelines though so that gives me some peace of mind... and they were taking everyone's temps before they were allowed to enter the hospital. Can you find out if the OB area is secluded at all? Mine has its own entrance and is pretty cut off from the rest of the hospital so that makes me feel better too. I hope you find somewhere you feel comfortable!!
  • edited March 2020
    @jaclyn0405 so happy to find another mama with a 11/1 due date! We're having Valentine's Day babies. Hahaha. That's not actually when we conceived, but the dates line up lol Congrats to you and thanks for the updates on you journey. :))
  • @36anditsmyfirst yes!! I am so excited too! And I know right?! Everyone has been saying that to me too, but for us it was either 2/8 or 2/11, but I will go with Valentine's Day haha! And congrats to you too mama! Can't wait for our journey! <3 
  • EDD/weeks+days: 11/6 - 7+6

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green: finding out

Baby is the size of a(n): keyboard key

Upcoming appointments: intake on 4/1, 1st OB and U/S on 4/7

How are you feeling? So. Nauseous.

Raves/Rants: rave: it seems pregnancy is the necessary motivator for DH to bust a move on getting my house projects going. With DS I got a new master bathroom and foyer, and now we have a mudroom being built, an addition for the nursery, and the kids bathroom was just gutted... all at the same time! I love progress!!!!!

Questions: nada

GTKY:  What is your hobby? Wreath making, gardening, cooking 
    me 32 | dh 45
    married <3 11.11.17
     mama. epicurean. plant lover. wine enthusiast.
  • EDD/weeks+days: Nov. 4/ 8w1d

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green: finding out

Baby is the size of a(n): raspberry (weighs as much as a paperclip)

Upcoming appointments: 4/1 first appt

How are you feeling? Always tired, sensitive sense of smell, strong aversions that make me nauseous

Raves/Rants: I can't stand anything that DH has been cooking lately, so I've been cooking for myself. I have strong aversions to anything citrus and chicken. I put Vitamin Water on the grocery list and the only kind that DH could find was orange. Not the end of the world obviously, but the food shortages here are crazy. Working at home and getting cabin fever, but I honestly don't have the energy to leave the house, so I guess I'm grateful. 

Questions: none right now

GTKY:  What is your hobby? Reading, bicycling, crocheting and crafting, road tripping
  • @warmwinter I finally found a grocery store near me with a good amount of food in it, but most of them are pretty empty. It is crazy!
  • I'm back...GP wants to keep the early November due date!

EDD/weeks+days: November 3 / 8w3days

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green: Green

Baby is the size of a(n): raspberry

Upcoming appointments: Ultrasound + Prenatal screening on April 22 and teleappointment with GP in the following days

How are you feeling? Good, reassured from our good dating ultrasound on Monday. Breasts are a little bit sore and I've been feeling more fatigue in the last couple of days.

Raves/Rants: None

Questions: Should I still count my weeks+days as per my LMP? Or as per my dating ultrasound? Or as per my EDD from my GP?

GTKY:  What is your hobby? Volleyball and pottery pre-pregnancy, now I should find something else!
  • @mimser welcome back! Even if it moves again you can still stay here, lol, you don't have to move boards if your due date moves just a few days into October! I am counting my weeks & days per my dating ultrasound/what my EDD is from my OB, but whatever makes the most sense to you!
  • @bserena yeah I think I'll stick to this board 😊
  • @mimser glad to have you :) plus plenty of us will end up having babies a little early in October anyways, I am sure. It all is just an estimate!
  • @mimser Yay, welcome back! I missed you 😁 All of us week 1 folks are borderline October, but I don't see any reason to have to move just because your EDD changes a bit.
    TW
    Started TTC August 2016

• @mimser Glad to have you back! It's been a little quieter without you. ;)
  • EDD/weeks+days: 10/31, 8w 5d. Staying here because I'm crazy and want a baby to share my birthday month

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green: green

Baby is the size of a(n): gummy bear

Upcoming appointments: had my follow up US on Monday and got the EDD, they also saw a 3mm umbilical cord cyst and are referring me to MFM for the 20 week anatomy scan which has me nervous. Routine appt 4/3.

How are you feeling? Nauseous and tired. Trying not to worry and go down the worst case scenario road all the time. 

Raves/Rants: quarantine sucks for food cravings

Questions: because I'm worried, I kinda want to keep this pregnancy under wraps for as long as possible. Anyone gone 20 weeks without telling your employer/ the general public? 

GTKY:  What is your hobby? I like to read