Trying to Get Pregnant

WTO Tuesday 3/24

**This is a thread that welcomes all regardless of where they are at in their TTC journeys. Please be mindful of topics that are discussed that could be hurtful to those going through tough times. Mention of children or pregnancies of others should have a TW (trigger warning) and be in a spoiler if possible, and only be mentioned if it is extremely pertinent to the conversation. Thanks for keeping this a safe place for us all to engage!** 

Month/Cycle: 

CD: 

WAYDTGKU: 

R/R: 

CS/Q: 

Re: WTO Tuesday 3/24

• @bows22 Yay for being caught up at work and for keeping on trying, here's some December hype:

*TTC History*

Me: 37, MH: 38; Married August 2017

TTC #1 October 2017: BFP on 12/1/2017, DD born 7/24/2018 @ 37+1 after induction due to preeclampsia

TTC #2 January 2020: AMA, dx with DOR in May 2020

IVF July 2020: 16 eggs retrieved, 14 mature, 12 fertilized, 3 blasts, 2 PGT-A normal

FET 10/7/20: BFP on 10/12/20!!! (EDD 6/25/21); First beta 10/16/20 (9dpt): 148; Second beta 10/19/20 (12dpt): 621; Third beta 10/26/20 (19dpt): 4732; Fourth (and final!) beta 11/2/20 (26 dpt): 22,000+

• Loading the player...
  • Month/Cycle: 4/4

CD: 5

WAYDTGKU: PNV, Vitamin C, B6, temping, OPKs, HIO EOD during FW, preseed

R/R: I was really worried about work being slow with court closures and such, but it has been SO busy. Good for job security, but I feel like I am doing coronavirus stuff 24/7 which is not great for my anxiety. Today will hopefully be slower so I can pop in more for tags. I also had a Zoom chat with 5 of my best friends from college last night and it was so nice, I hope we will do them often during social distancing, it is nice to see familiar faces.

CS/Q: Not yet.

*TTC History*

TTC #1 October 2017: BFP on 12/1/2017, DD born 7/24/2018 @ 37+1 after induction due to preeclampsia

IVF July 2020: 16 eggs retrieved, 14 mature, 12 fertilized, 3 blasts, 2 PGT-A normal

FET 10/7/20: BFP on 10/12/20!!! (EDD 6/25/21); First beta 10/16/20 (9dpt): 148; Second beta 10/19/20 (12dpt): 621; Third beta 10/26/20 (19dpt): 4732; Fourth (and final!) beta 11/2/20 (26 dpt): 22,000+

• Month/Cycle: 6/4(AL)

CD: 7

WAYDTGKU: PNVs, Tracking CM, HIO, Clearblue Fertility Monitor

R/R: Spoke to my SIL yesterday through video on the phone. It was nice. Will have to have more of those. So the repair guy for our dryer showed up super late yesterday. Was super annoying but it is what it is. So turns out the main board on the dryer is toast and has to be replaced. Total cost is gonna be around $800. Yikes!! 😬😮 This dryer should work like a hot damn after this lol Also, somehow yesterday I ended up swallowing a tiny peice of glass. Oops. hope it will be ok.  I’ve had a lot of tension headaches everyday all day lately. Sucks and it hurts.. I think it’s due to all the stress and anxiety I have been having since all the virus stuff is going on. 

CS/Q: None 

@bows22 woo hoo for finally being caught up on work. That’s great. I’m glad you and YH have talked and decided to still try this month as normal. Come on December!! 😁 

@legallykate Well I’m glad work has been soo busy for you through all this going on. That’s a bonus at least. I feel ya on the anxiety. This Coronavirus 24/7 for me too isn’t great for my anxiety either. 
  • @mindyb2019 good lord I think that's how much we spent buying a new dryer! You may as well buy a new one too!

@_orchid_ hopefully you have something to perk you up today. Can YH even return the bottle now that it's been opened?
    *TW* History:
    Me: 34 DH: 36 | Together since 2007 | Married July 2016

TTC #1 since 7.2017
    Dx: low morph (1%), ANA positive, low decidualization score, high TSH and testosterone, histone antibodies

IUI #1-3 all BFN
    IVF #1 | 6.11.19 | 24R, 17M, 15F, 6B, PGT-A tested - 5 normal, 3 girls & 2 boys
    FET #1 | 9.10.19 | BFN "I know you, but we've never met. I'm with you, but I don't know your name"
    RPL, Receptiva, & ERA testing | all normal/negative, recommended going on gluten and dairy free diet for next FET
    FET #2 | 3.31.20 | Opted to cancelled due to pandemic, continued diet and tried naturally over the summer
    2nd Opinion with another RE | 8.20.20 | Not immune to measles (received 1 dose); SA results similar to 2 years ago; decided to move forward with FET #2 redo at start of next cycle
    Surprise natural BFP! | 9.22.20 | MC 10.23.20 at 8 weeks
    TTCAL naturally | starting 11.22.20

Initial consultation with Reproductive Immunologist | 9.14.21
    Decidualization score biopsy | 10.1.21 | abnormal - low score of 1; endometrial scratch recommended and progesterone supplementation
    Saline sono | 10.15.21 | normal
    Bloodwork | 10.21.21 high TSH, high testosterone, positive for anti-nuclear antibodies and histone antibodies, high protein S, multiple genetic mutations
    BFP! | 11.3.21 | EDD 7.14.22 B) | biopsy provided same effect as endometrial scratch; added supplemental progesterone and estrogen, prednisone, levothyroxine, and MTX Support to maintain pregnancy
    DS born 7.19.22 after induction

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Consultation with RI | 6.6.23
    Saline sono, endometritis biopsy, skin & eye check | all normal
    Labs | high TSH, Factor XIII mutation, high %CD56
    Follow up | 8.8.23 | prescribed metformin, prednisone, plaquenil, and levothyroxine
    Repeat labs after 3 weeks on meds
    Follow up | 11.9.23 | Green light!, increase in prednisone, added lovenox
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    Follow up | 1.16.24 | Green light continues
    TTC put on pause
  • @legallykate MH has been dealing with pandemic medical supplies and it’s definitely making him more anxious to be thinking about it all day. He’s at his normal warehouse today and he said he already feels better working on some other stuff versus just the pandemic. I hope you get a chance to work on some non covid stuff too. 

@inthewoods23 I’m so glad you are still able to do your therapy session! And I agree with you on being busy, even though I’m caught up I still have plenty to do and it makes the days go by quickly. 

@mindyb2019 holy cow that is a lot! How old is the dryer? 

@_orchid_ oh no I’m sorry you were tricked with the Tylenol PM! I hope it wears off soon and you feel back to normal. 

@kpearse99 I really need to do a friends happy hour! I was supposed to get together with some friends last weekend and we should have done that instead. I’m going to suggest it!

• @feather_heather we are having groceries delivered on Thursday and people in our local Facebook group are talking about their precautions so I don’t think you are alone. Feel free to share so I know if they are normal or overboard!
  • Month/Cycle: 23/17/6 (AL#2) Just hit month 23 today! 😒

CD: Trying not to think about it

WAYDTGKU: NTNPish (already took Letrozole and will most likely start Progesterone late in my cycle)...but no temping/tracking. 

R/R: We talked last night and decided to take a NTNP approach this cycle. Seems weird to try and shut my brain off to what CD it is, but I’m going to give it my best effort. We can use this cycle (and possibly the next one) to just enjoy each other and not stress about every little thing! 

CS/Q: None, decided not to track the rest of the cycle. 

@bows22 I think that totally makes sense for you to keep trying this cycle...we were so close to that decision too, so we are doing a pseudo-NTNP! That is exciting that you have been able to catch up on everything at work!! Even though you have a lot of new stuff, that has to be a great feeling knowing you are caught up to this point! 

@legallykate sorry your work has been pandemic focused! Hopefully you can do more things like the group chat to lighten the stress otherwise! 

@inthewoods23 I hope your virtual session goes well...and cry it out if that’s what you need! 

@mindyb2019 whoa, $800 seems crazy! I agree with what @kpearse99 said, maybe looking at a new unit would be better? 

@_orchid_ that’s super scary...glad you figured out what it was so you won’t take that anymore! 

@kpearse99 sounds like you had a wonderful evening...so cool that there are options to still stay connected even if it’s not face-to-face! Hope your webinars all go smoothly today! 

@feather_heather oh, we wiped down everything with Clorox wipes that we got from the store this weekend as soon as we got home...is that crazy?! 

@linzrunz hope you like the BeachBody OnDemand! It’s so nice to have different options for workouts at home! 

• @bluetickgal sending you so my love friend. Hang in there. ❤️ 

Married 07.21.07
    DS#1 01.23.09
    DS#2 08.01.11
    TTC#3  08.31.15
    Laparoscopy/Hysteroscopy/HSG 05.16.17
    Hysteroscopy 10.04.17 10.05.17
    Laparoscopy/Hysteroscopy/HSG 01.10.19
    Left tube removed
    dx: Endometriosis, Adenomyosis
    BC: February-October 2019
    TTA: November-December 2019
    NTNP: January 2020!

• @feather_heather I agree, share your precautions away!! lol

@bows22 I highly recommend it! Zoom was super easy to use!

@linzrunz So great that you're keeping up with your workouts and adding to them! I have a few dumbbells at home that I'm so grateful for!

@bluetickgal love you, friend!! I just know you'll feel so much more relaxed with this some-what of a NTNP approach. <3
    Our TTC Journey
    TTC #1: May 2011
    BFP: 10/27/2011 |  EDD: 6/30/12
    DS born 6/28/12 via C/S 3 

TTC #2: September 2018
    Me: 36 | DH: 39
    Mirena removed 9/13/2018 after 6 years
    BFP 11/11/2018 | MC @ 5.5 weeks on Thanksgiving
    July 2019 - Diagnosed with Secondary Unexplained IF
    August 2019 - 2.5 mg of Letrozole = Never Ovulated so Trigger and IUI were cancelled
    9/30/2019 - IUI #1 (5 mg of Letrozole + Trigger) =  BFP but Betas showed CP @ 4 weeks
    10/28/2019 - IUI #2 (7.5mg of Letrozole + Trigger) = BFN
    11/25/2019 - IUI #3 (7.5mg of Letrozole, Trigger + Crinone after IUI) = BFN
    12/24/2019 - IUI #4 (7.5mg of Letrozole + Crinone after IUI) = BFN
    1/24/2020 - IUI #5 (50mg of Clomid + Trigger + Crinone after IUI) = BFN and an Ovarian Cyst
    3/2/2020 - Taking a break to reset/NTNP
    11/1/2020 - At peace with where things are in life and are no long actively TTC. Whatever happens will happen and it will all be okay. <3

• Okay I'll share lol - First, I didn't use my reusable shopping bags (sorry mother earth), I brought everything into my mudroom and laid it all out, sprayed it with lysol spray, flipped it over and sprayed the other side. I put away the cold and frozen foods and left everything that wasn't food down in the mudroom. Then I stripped down, left all my clothes in the laundry room hamper and took a shower. Then I made sure to go back thru the house and wipe down all of the door handles, light switched, and fridge handles that I touched. Made me feel like a nutjob, and I'm still worried it wasn't enough. 

@linzrunz - Glad you were able to find a workout that you like! I hope you're able to get out running soon!

@bluetickgal - That's similar to what I did! Although I cannot find clorox wipes anywhere and I only have 1/2 a bottle left. There wasn't any lysol or clorox wipes at the store, so I bought some spray bottles and little travel containers to make my own spray and hand sanitizer at home. 
  • @bluetickgal I think your decision makes sense too! I like “pseudo-NTNP”! It’s scary to think about being pregnant right now but it’s also scary to think about missing my chance to get pregnant! It’s not fair that we have to think about this stuff. 
  • @linzrunz thanks lady!! 💜
    @kpearse99 love you, friend! I think so too...thanks for encouraging a more NTNP approach, I feel good about it now! 
    @_orchid_ sounds like a good plan! Yes, I like the idea of remaining calm about the things you can control...because there is so much that we can’t right now! 
    @feather_heather oh, we wiped down door knobs, fridge, light switches, keys...pretty much everything we could have touched! Lol. Luckily we had almost two containers from Sam’s already...I feel like it’s out everywhere now! Oh, that’s cool you are going to make your own spray/sanitizer! Hey, we all gotta do what we feel like is necessary...hopefully it helps us stay healthy!
    @bows22 yeah, it’s definitely scary to think about being pregnant right now...but I also don’t want to waste any more time! I agree, it’s totally unfair that we even have to consider all this! Can we just live in a bubble and not have to think about exposure at all?! 
  • I will be checking in with everyone here shortly sorry I’m behind today! 

Month/Cycle: 6/10

CD: 12 

WAYDTGKU: temping, OPK, prenatal vitamins and now CM monitoring. HIO as often as we can. 

R/R: Today is a meh day. Feeling the weight of clients canceling. I have my first Telehealth session today so I am hoping it all goes smoothly. 

CS/Q: Do you get a positive OPK more than once? Or just one day? So far no positives but I’m going to check again in a few hours to see if afternoon results are any different.  FF predicted today to be my O Day but last month helped me realize I think I am usually behind their predictions. 

• @feather_heather we aren’t allowed to use reusable shopping bags until this is over! What you described is what I make DH do every day when he comes home from work. We don’t have any Lysol spray so I think when the groceries come I’m going to take the non-perishable stuff around the house and into the garage and leave it there until we need it. The milk, etc that needs to go into the fridge right away I’ll wipe down. Ugh this is so stressful!

@allthingscozy I usually stop once I get a blazing positive that’s darker than the control, but I’ve definitely seen charts on here with 2-3 days or positives 

• @allthingscozy1 I always have 3 days of peak OPKs (ovulate on the 3rd day). But usually the first comes in the afternoon or evening, so it's not like 3 full days. 

My progression last month (O was on CD17):

*TTC History*

• @legallykate what app is that? Is that Premom or something?
    *TW* History:

TTC #1 since 7.2017
    Dx: low morph (1%), ANA positive, low decidualization score, high TSH and testosterone, histone antibodies

IUI #1-3 all BFN
    FET #1 | 9.10.19 | BFN "I know you, but we've never met. I'm with you, but I don't know your name"
    RPL, Receptiva, & ERA testing | all normal/negative, recommended going on gluten and dairy free diet for next FET
    FET #2 | 3.31.20 | Opted to cancelled due to pandemic, continued diet and tried naturally over the summer
    2nd Opinion with another RE | 8.20.20 | Not immune to measles (received 1 dose); SA results similar to 2 years ago; decided to move forward with FET #2 redo at start of next cycle

Decidualization score biopsy | 10.1.21 | abnormal - low score of 1; endometrial scratch recommended and progesterone supplementation
    Bloodwork | 10.21.21 high TSH, high testosterone, positive for anti-nuclear antibodies and histone antibodies, high protein S, multiple genetic mutations
    BFP! | 11.3.21 | EDD 7.14.22 B) | biopsy provided same effect as endometrial scratch; added supplemental progesterone and estrogen, prednisone, levothyroxine, and MTX Support to maintain pregnancy

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Follow up | 8.8.23 | prescribed metformin, prednisone, plaquenil, and levothyroxine
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    TTC put on pause
  • It's Femometer, it came with the thermometer I bought. It's actually the only function of the app I like, I still use FF for temping lol.
    *TTC History*

• Thanks everyone. Sorry it’s been an insane busy day at work today and haven’t had much time to get back on here. I’m not entirely sure how old the dryer is as it was in the home before we moved in, so maybe like 7 years or more. We thought about just getting a new dryer but DH priced out some news ones based on what would stack on top of our current one now and they are running about $950 plus taxes so it’s cheaper to just get it fixed unfortunately. It is what it is I guess. Bleh😩 
  •  lurking
    @mindyb2019 we faced something similar when we moved into our home and after weighing pros and cons decided that it was more worth it to get a new appliance because when something happens again (it will) at least it might fall under warranty
  • @allthingscozy omg it was great! lol really good session today  :)
    *TW* History:

TTC #1 since 7.2017

IUI #1-3 all BFN

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    TTC put on pause
  • Spent the day moving boxes all over the place.  Pretty much everything hurts, but I made a lot of progress.  Been lurking you guys all day!  Trying to stay awake long enough to feed the dog dinner, since DH is already in bed (and he didn't even move any boxes today).  
  • @allthingscozy thanks, lady!! Hope your first Telehealth appointment went well and that will be the first of many in the near future instead of people cancelling!
    @dobiemom11 responding to the past couple of days...so sorry about your job! 💜 I hope it is just temporary and you won’t have to find another job since you enjoy that one so much!! So happy you are in your new home! Moving is exhausting, but it will be so wonderful once you get everything settled!! Hope you slept in today and have another productive day of moving boxes!!