October 2020 Moms

PGAL Check In 3/23

edited March 2020 in October 2020 Moms
This thread is for anyone who has experienced loss at any point in pregnancy or experienced the loss of a child.  

How far along are you? 

Share your PGAL story if you'd like, or previously have not.

How are you feeling (symptoms, mentally/emotionally)? 

Any upcoming appointments? 

GTKY: Do you like board games? What is your favorite? 
Me: 27 DH: 27
Married 6/15/13
BFP #1 5/8/16, EDD 12/31/16- DD born 9/10/16 at 24 weeks 
~In our hearts forever~
BFP #2 10/14/17, EDD 7/1/18

Re: PGAL Check In 3/23

• How far along are you? 11 weeks 

How are you feeling (symptoms, mentally/emotionally)? Still so damn sick. 
    Mentally I’m doing ok, just nervous about catching the coronavirus while pregnant 

Any upcoming appointments? April 

GTKY: Do you like board games? What is your favorite? I love board games! Monopoly is my favorite 
    Married 6/15/13
    ~In our hearts forever~

• How far along are you? 9w3d

How are you feeling (symptoms, mentally/emotionally)? My symptoms continue to be very mild. Besides being super tired and mild nausea I don’t even feel pregnant. That is stressful for me, but I’m just trying to stay positive. I passed the date of my previous MMC so that’s encouraging! 

Any upcoming appointments? I finally see the NP tomorrow and will have my dating ultrasound. It’s been a long wait since we found out I was pregnant on Feb 11th! 

GTKY: Do you like board games? What is your favorite? I enjoy games, but don’t play that often. We own Settlers of Catan and enjoy playing that. For camping we play bananagrams, farkle and Yahtzee. 
  • Loading the player...
  • How far along are you? 8w3d

Share your PGAL story if you'd like, or previously have not. We had a chemical pregnancy last August. I got a positive at 4 weeks and started to bleed the next day.

Then, 2 cycles later, we got another positive but found out at 8w3d that it was a blighted ovum and I started to naturally miscarry at 9w6d but still had a D&C the next week. 

This pregnancy was our first cycle trying again, we waited 2 cycles. 

How are you feeling (symptoms, mentally/emotionally)? I have had sore boobs since pretty much the beginning, they are not as sore as they once were, but still are. I don't really have nausea, but I have a "I think I'm gonna throw up" moment maybe like once every night. I feel relieved after today's ultrasound where I got to see my little baby measuring ahead of what I thought and with a good heartbeat. This was a milestone for us, or the first boss to beat as my fiancé would put it (video game reference...I think).

Any upcoming appointments? At my GP this Thursday.

GTKY: Do you like board games?  What is your favorite? I'm not a fan of board games but I like to play occasionally. My favorite is Scrabble!
  • How far along are you? 11w5d

How are you feeling (symptoms, mentally/emotionally)? Really anxious today. But had lots of heartburn and super-vivid dreams.

Any upcoming appointments? NT scan Friday. Also hoping my NIPT results come in soon.

GTKY: Do you like board games? What is your favorite? Love board games! Monopoly, Scrabble, Code Names, and Clue.
    Me: 29, DH: 29
    TTC since: 2/13
    Long, anovulatory cycles
    Began fertility testing 12/13
    Ultrasound and bloodwork: Everything looks good (according to my ob/gyn)
    HSG: waiting to schedule
    SA: scheduled with RE for 1/6/14
  • @westslopemama, I hope everything goes well at your appointment! 

@mimser, welcome to O20! I’m glad your US looked great! 

@m@mamaheatherl, hope everything goes well on Friday! I’m also anxiously awaiting the results of my NIPT 
    Married 6/15/13
    ~In our hearts forever~

• @mamaheatherl I’m waiting on my NIPT too. I’ve never done it before and the wait is killing me. 

-
    How far along are you? 12 weeks 

How are you feeling (symptoms, mentally/emotionally)? 
    Symptom wise nausea is mostly gone, still very tired. My anxiety is 11/10 today. 

Any upcoming appointments? Great question. My hospital system just announced they are postponing imaging and moving to virtual appointments. I am flipping out, and waiting to find out from my OB what applies to me as a high risk patient. From what I’m seeing from other PGAL women dealing with this, I’m not optimistic. I found out about both my prior losses during a ultrasound, one of which I heard a heartbeat days before. A virtual visit means nothing to me, we had planned ultrasounds at each second tri visit to monitor growth and cord function. I’m just terrified I am going to be oblivious to having another loss due to inadequate prenatal care. 

GTKY: Do you like board games? What is your favorite? 

I LOVE board games. My favorite is Monopoly or Scattegories. I also love Catan, Risk, Scrabble, I could go on and on... 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • I'm so sorry you've been feeling so anxious @Kurtni . I hope your OB has a solution that suits your pregnancy 🤞
  • @Kurtni that’s exactly how I feel. Our city was placed in a shelter in place today. I immediately called to see if this was affecting my appointment on Monday. There’s just this nasty cloud that hangs over your shoulder after a loss and you get that reassurance with an ultrasound or hearing the heart beat. My anxiety is also out of control bc of this. Just taking it one day at a time 
  • @Kurtni, I really hope you are still able to go in for your ultrasounds. 
    I haven’t heard of any virtual appts at my clinic, but my little sister had her 16 week appt cancelled and won’t be seen until her AS in May. 
    Married 6/15/13
    ~In our hearts forever~

• How far along are you? 11+5

How are you feeling (symptoms, mentally/emotionally)? Honestly, all my energy goes to COVID. Worrying about it, reading about it, and mostly, working 8 hours a day from home while also watching my toddler. I haven't been active here as much. When I found out I was pregnant I desperately wanted to talk about it and have an outlet and share, but now it's sort of in the back of my mind. But I had a good NT scan so my mind is at ease for a bit.

Any upcoming appointments? I had my NT scan on Tuesday. I have a follow up blood draw in about a month but nothing else scheduled...I doubt I'll have a real appointment until the anatomy scan (if I even get that...).

GTKY: Do you like board games? What is your favorite? I love games! My favorites aren't boards technically. I like cards against humanity, catch phrase, scattergories... We've been playing psych (an app game) with DH's family most nights and it's super fun and been nice to get some "socialization" in.

@kurtni I'm so sorry, that's definitely stressful. I really hope you're able to get an ultrasound. ❤️
    Me: 29 || DH: 29
    TTC #1 4/2016 || dx NIR PCOS 7/2016 || BFP 4/2017
    DD - 12/28/17 <3

TTC #2 3/2019
    BFP 5/2019 || MC - D&C 5/2019
    BFP 2/2020 || EDD 10/10/2020
  • I had a good appointment at my General Practicionner today. She was really happy with my ultrasound. Looks like she's keeping an early November EDD instead of taking the US due date, so I'll be shuffling back to November 2020. It was short, but I'll be back lurking!