Trying to Get Pregnant
Options

TWW Monday 3/23

**This is a thread that welcomes all regardless of where they are at in their TTC journeys. Please be mindful of topics that are discussed that could be hurtful to those going through tough times. Mention of children or pregnancies of others should have a TW (trigger warning) and be in a spoiler if possible, and only be mentioned if it is extremely pertinent to the conversation. Thanks for keeping this a safe place for us all to engage!** 

Month/Cycle: 

CD/DPO: 

Timing: 

Typical LP length: 

Testing: 

R/R: 

CS/Q: 

Re: TWW Monday 3/23

• Options
    Month/Cycle: 9/5

CD/DPO: 99/12

Timing: -2

Typical LP length: 13 days

Testing: WFAF

R/R: Here we go week 2 of staying home. The weekend was decent. We did some cleaning around the house and got to play Mario Kart online with some of my siblings yesterday. That was a really fun and much needed distraction from my anxiety.
    AF is expected Wednesday. I'm hoping my next cycle doesn't last 100+ days again. I've lost 12 pounds since Feb 10th though and I definitely think that's the reason I finally ovulated this cycle. I've been actively working on eating better and eating less. The weight loss has been one upside of having to deal with being in a constant state of heightened anxiety, which has absolutely affected my appetite.

CS/Q:

• Options

Month/Cycle: 9/8/2(AL)

CD/DPO: 21/9

Timing: -3,-2,0

Typical LP length: 14days 

Testing: Not unless AF is late

R/R: I worked this weekend. Thankfully the bank closed the lobby, so that really helped. When I went to do my grocery order yesterday I couldn’t get any meat. It was a little stressful, but the good thing about living in the south is that a coworker owns a beef farm and we were able to get a lot of good- fresh cuts through him. I don’t know what it is about the TWW that makes everyone so crazy, but when my ticker changed to 9dpo I was thinking -gotta test! I didn’t though, because I only have one cheapie and it will probably be a BFN this early even if I was KU. 

CS/Q: 

@gingermama29 I hope your next cycle isn’t crazy long too! I hope that you’re able to calm your anxiety soon. Everything that’s going on doesn’t help.. thinking about you! 

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    @gingermama29 I'm glad you got some good self-care time this weekend! I hope this week is better.
    @photographerwife I just now realized we're on the same DPO and I agree with you that the testing urge is very real. Hang in there!

Month/Cycle: 4/4 (2 unbenched)
    CD/DPO: 25/9
    Timing: -4, -3, -1, 0, +1
    Typical LP length: 14 days
    Testing: 12DPO at the earliest
    R/R: I've been working on getting registration set for my summer term and am working with my program director to determine the best course of action for my fall term due to some administrative errors causing me to need to change my course plan around while still maintaining enough space in my practicum and internship rotation for me to take a maternity leave semester if I'm lucky enough to get KU while I'm still in grad school. Thankfully my program director and student coach have been very happy to work with me to get a good schedule figured out. I'm also stressing because of something a peer said in one of my classes this week. *TW* IF discussion.
    I had a peer mention in a discussion board (regarding the case study of a woman with chronic health problems who is pregnant after dealing with two years of infertility treatments) that the first thing she would do in this situation would be to talk to this woman about her stress and how it could be impacting her current health concern as well as how her stress could have been the reason she was struggling with infertility in the first place. Never have I needed to use so much tact in a discussion board response in my life. I definitely set her straight about her whole "just keep calm and you'll get pregnant" mindset, but holy hell this person is in a clinical counseling program...
    CS/Q:

TTC History- *TW* LC
    Me: 24 Dh: 46
    Married: 10.2018
    DS #1: 06.2014
    Hyperemesis Gravidarum (HG), Emergency C-Section
    MC: 03.2017- 5 Weeks
    Rainbow DS #2: 07.2018
    HG, 19w Fetal Surgery, 24w PPROM, 33w Placental Abruption, Partial Uterine Rupture, Emergency C-Section
    NICU, Chronic Kidney Disease
    TTC #3: Medically Cleared 12.5.2019, had a bunch of problems and wonky cycles
    BFP 10.13.2020 EDD: 6.26.2021

October 2020 TTGP Signature Challenge: Pets in Costumes

• Options

@gingermama29 was this mario kart online free?? i am intrigued.  Fx on shorter cycle but ideally a BFP when you test!

@photographerwife wow having a beef farm nearby must be amazing!

@ashaislurking sorry you had to hear that!  what a way to make someone feel guilty for IF or MC.  glad you talked some sense into her.

Month/Cycle: 3/2

CD/DPO: 1

Timing: -1

Typical LP length: unsure.  last cycle was 17 but i dont have a good point of reference

Testing: will wait full two weeks, which just so happens to be DH's birthday.  not getting my hopes up, not getting my hopes up,not getting my hopes up.....

R/R: well for a TTC related rant i was a little upset that we didnt DTD on O day or the day after.  i had all intentions to but DH had stomach pains.  i feel bad for being irrationally upset, but ill allow myself to wallow in it for just one more day.  Another rant, my sister got laid off from her job today, as a permanent layoff not temporary.  i feel for her because she doesnt have a lot of work experience at 26yo and its going to be hard times finding work for a bit.

For good news, i got my groceries delivered today, yay!  so now i am planning all of our meals for the next week or so.  DH and i love to cook

CS/Q: none

• Options
    @asf0613 Sorry to hear about your sister's job. I hope she can find work soon once all of this calms down some. Try not to stress too much about not DTD on O day or the day after. Sperm can live up to 5 days in ideal conditions, so the few days before O day are just as important, if not more so because there's such a short timeframe in which the egg can be fertilized.
    TTC History- *TW* LC
    Me: 24 Dh: 46
    Married: 10.2018
    DS #1: 06.2014
    Hyperemesis Gravidarum (HG), Emergency C-Section
    MC: 03.2017- 5 Weeks
    Rainbow DS #2: 07.2018
    HG, 19w Fetal Surgery, 24w PPROM, 33w Placental Abruption, Partial Uterine Rupture, Emergency C-Section
    NICU, Chronic Kidney Disease
    TTC #3: Medically Cleared 12.5.2019, had a bunch of problems and wonky cycles
    BFP 10.13.2020 EDD: 6.26.2021

October 2020 TTGP Signature Challenge: Pets in Costumes

• Options

Month/Cycle: Jan 2018

CD/DPO:  21/8

Timing:  seems pretty good! Fingers crossed!!!!

Typical LP length: 14 days

Testing:  Probably tomorrow. I know I might not get a clear answer, but it would be super meaningful to get a BFP tomorrow, so we'll try. 

R/R: Working from home today went a little better. Felt a little less overwhelmed, was able to chat with some co-workers via phone feeling a little better connected. 

CS/Q:It's looking pretty good! A nice climb, nice solid plus sign. 

• Options
    @gingermama29 I am not a stress eater - I avoid eating when I am stressed. So this week I have lost weight. Apparently that was my issue. I was too happy. *facepalm* Congratulations on the weight loss!
    @photographerwife We have been shopping local too. We also have been doing Dinnerly.com - it's been great. We've done it for years. It's cheap, the meals are good, and it's delivered. #winning. 
    @ashaislurking Good for you for staying professional. I probably would have lost it. Yeeeeeah two years, blocked tubes but just reeeelllllaaaaaax 
    @asf0613 The sole saving grace here, is she isn't in this alone. There should be ramped up unemployment benefits, and I am sure hiring employers will be understanding rather than questioning. It still sucks. My brother was laid off Saturday, and my SIL is home quarantined.  I was able to score a Wal-Mart to go, so picking that up tomorrow. We'll see how much of it I get. 

• Options
    @photographerwife I'm glad to hear your bank closed the lobby! DH's did that and it relieved some of my anxiety I had for him. Hopefully that's giving you some more peace of mind.

@ashaislurking all the kudos to you for keeping your cool and staying tactful. Glad you were able to set them straight. Sorry you had to deal with it though. Your chart is looking great!

@asf0613 no, my incredibly thoughtful and generous brother got all of my siblings and me Nintendo Switches for Christmas this year so we could all play online together. Several of us video chatted and okayed together today again actually. It's nice because he's stationed overseas do it's a fun way to stay in touch. Sorry to hear about your sister. Yay for grocery delivery though!

@the_road_to_oz thanks! Same to you. It's a crappy way to lose it but at least there's some positive, right? Glad today was a better day for you!