Infertility

On the bench/Awaiting Cycles

Re: On the bench/Awaiting Cycles

• I've seen a lot of people get second opinions and wind up successful; ART is such a new science and every doctor has their own preferred protocols and research. I would think there would be more options other than just diet - like different medication regimes or natural cycles. Sometimes even just the kinds of supplements you are using can make a difference. I don't think trying a gluten free or dairy free diet could hurt though, especially if she has experience with it being successful. I guess the thinking might be that you have some minor gluten or dairy intolerance that is irritating your body and making you less receptive to pregnancy? My doctor did recommend diet along with the FET but not gluten/dairy free -- just a focus on eating lean meats/fish/veggies/fruits/whole grains and limiting processed and fried foods.  Which I think we should all do in general haha. 
    ~~ Our Story in Spoiler! TW loss/child~~
    Fall 2012 -- started TTC
    Summer 2015 - no BFP yet, labs normal, referred to RE
    Fall 2015 - Summer 2016 - Further testing all normal. 3 IUI's -- BFN. Recommended move to IVF. Planned cycle for fall 2016.
    September 2016 - Surprise natural BFP. MMC @ 8 weeks. RE expressed confidence that we just needed the 'right' embryo.
    Fall 2016 - Spring 2017 -- Break from TTC
    June 2017 - Started IVF; egg retrieval for freeze all cycle. 9 mature eggs retrieved, 5 fertilized. 2 4BB embies on ice.
    August 2017 - FET transfer both embies. BFP.  Twin pregnancy confirmed by ultrasound. EDD 4/28/18
    September 2017 - Twin B stopped developing; Twin A doing perfectly! Graduated from RE @ 10 weeks
    March 2018 - Baby Girl born via C/S due to pre-eclampsia -- strong and healthy!

TTC #2
    January/Feb 2021 - Freeze-all IVF cycle 
    March 2021 - FET of 1 PGS normal female embryo. BFP! Beta #1 156,  #2 472, #3 1241, #4 5268 EDD 12/5/21 - Christmas baby!

"When all is lost then all is found."

• @mbradfo2 I think, too, that sometimes embryos just don't want to implant right? And maybe that's all this is. But my diet is kind of crappy to be honest and I've read plenty of times how someone changed their diet or reduced their stress and got PG. But maybe I've also just never had symptoms.

We volunteer for a program that has high activity from January - March/April so if this next FET works, great because due date is projected to be December. But we'll want to wait to do another FET once a due date would fall more into April or May so we have a little while to get the 2nd opinion if needed. I'm ok with what we're doing because of where timing is falling.
    *TW* History:
    Me: 34 DH: 36 | Together since 2007 | Married July 2016

TTC #1 since 7.2017
    Dx: low morph (1%), ANA positive, low decidualization score, high TSH and testosterone, histone antibodies

IUI #1-3 all BFN
    IVF #1 | 6.11.19 | 24R, 17M, 15F, 6B, PGT-A tested - 5 normal, 3 girls & 2 boys
    FET #1 | 9.10.19 | BFN "I know you, but we've never met. I'm with you, but I don't know your name"
    RPL, Receptiva, & ERA testing | all normal/negative, recommended going on gluten and dairy free diet for next FET
    FET #2 | 3.31.20 | Opted to cancelled due to pandemic, continued diet and tried naturally over the summer
    2nd Opinion with another RE | 8.20.20 | Not immune to measles (received 1 dose); SA results similar to 2 years ago; decided to move forward with FET #2 redo at start of next cycle
    Surprise natural BFP! | 9.22.20 | MC 10.23.20 at 8 weeks
    TTCAL naturally | starting 11.22.20

Initial consultation with Reproductive Immunologist | 9.14.21
    Decidualization score biopsy | 10.1.21 | abnormal - low score of 1; endometrial scratch recommended and progesterone supplementation
    Saline sono | 10.15.21 | normal
    Bloodwork | 10.21.21 high TSH, high testosterone, positive for anti-nuclear antibodies and histone antibodies, high protein S, multiple genetic mutations
    BFP! | 11.3.21 | EDD 7.14.22 B) | biopsy provided same effect as endometrial scratch; added supplemental progesterone and estrogen, prednisone, levothyroxine, and MTX Support to maintain pregnancy
    DS born 7.19.22 after induction

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Consultation with RI | 6.6.23
    Saline sono, endometritis biopsy, skin & eye check | all normal
    Labs | high TSH, Factor XIII mutation, high %CD56
    Follow up | 8.8.23 | prescribed metformin, prednisone, plaquenil, and levothyroxine
    Repeat labs after 3 weeks on meds
    Follow up | 11.9.23 | Green light!, increase in prednisone, added lovenox
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    Follow up | 1.16.24 | Green light continues
    TTC put on pause
  • Loading the player...
  • @inthewoods23 that makes sense. I did Whole 30 in the middle of all my transfers and while I don't think that was the thing that made it work, it just made me feel better overall and a lot of it still continues. I also think sometimes it's just finding the right embryo, which totally stinks.
  • @mtpbadger the one we transferred was actually our worse graded one. We option for a male embryo, the 1st one didn't survive the thaw and our only other was at the bottom of our list in terms of grading. Technically they're all rated 5BB, but my clinic uses +'s so our best is actually a 5(B+)(B+). My RE seems to hold the belief that AA just doesn't exist so I took the grading to mean we had all very good quality embryos.

Plus I've seen some ladies who transfer their best, doesn't work, but it works with a lower quality one.

Somehow I had the mind to ask about the whole day 5 vs day 6 age and the timing. The embryo we transferred first was a day 6 but she says that doesn't matter. I'm presume because the embryo itself is at the stage where the next step is to hatch and implant. Ours had started hatching after thawing. Maybe it just couldn't get fully hatched to implant? 🤔
    *TW* History:

TTC #1 since 7.2017
    Dx: low morph (1%), ANA positive, low decidualization score, high TSH and testosterone, histone antibodies

IUI #1-3 all BFN
    FET #1 | 9.10.19 | BFN "I know you, but we've never met. I'm with you, but I don't know your name"
    RPL, Receptiva, & ERA testing | all normal/negative, recommended going on gluten and dairy free diet for next FET
    FET #2 | 3.31.20 | Opted to cancelled due to pandemic, continued diet and tried naturally over the summer
    2nd Opinion with another RE | 8.20.20 | Not immune to measles (received 1 dose); SA results similar to 2 years ago; decided to move forward with FET #2 redo at start of next cycle

Decidualization score biopsy | 10.1.21 | abnormal - low score of 1; endometrial scratch recommended and progesterone supplementation
    Bloodwork | 10.21.21 high TSH, high testosterone, positive for anti-nuclear antibodies and histone antibodies, high protein S, multiple genetic mutations
    BFP! | 11.3.21 | EDD 7.14.22 B) | biopsy provided same effect as endometrial scratch; added supplemental progesterone and estrogen, prednisone, levothyroxine, and MTX Support to maintain pregnancy

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Follow up | 8.8.23 | prescribed metformin, prednisone, plaquenil, and levothyroxine
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    TTC put on pause
  • I second what @mtpbadger said about Whole30. Did it before my first IVF, and I think it helped a lot. It also helped me to figure out that I do have gluten sensitivity, so cutting that out makes a big differences for me (I always thought I had some kind of chronic nasal congestion thing, but it totally went away once I went gluten free). Even if going gluten/diary free doesn't help, it can't hurt. Might be a bit hard to eat out (I had to do both gluten and diary free while breastfeeding, and that took some work to get used to pick through menus), but it's definitely worth a try!

I don't think day 5 vs 6 embryo matters, since they freeze depending on the stage, not the age. If it's a hatching blast, the day shouldn't matter.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    My story in signature spoiler. Children mentioned.
    Me: 37 DH: 45
    I don't produce FSH, so no natural menstrual cycle. DH has reduced morphology.
    Summer 2014 IUI (with first husband): cancelled after almost a month of stims due to too many follicles
    Time off to divorce, get back on my feet, find a new hubby and get married again 💑
    March 2017 IVF#1: ~70 follicles, 13R, 10M, 7F, 3B = 2 PGS Normal (both XY) - no transfer due to ohss
    Sept 2017 FET#1: BFP, Beta#1 (10dpt) - 253, Beta#2 (12dpt) - 528, DS born 05/31/2018 👨‍👩‍👦
    Dec 2019 FET#2: BFN
    Changed clinic, planning March 2020 IVF#2 - postponed due to the pandemic
    April 2020 IVF #2: ~30 follicles, 24R, 12M, 8F, 4B = 2XY & 2XX, all normal  <3
    Sept 2020 FET#3: one XX embryo, BFP, Beta#1 (9dpt) - 161, Beta#2 (11dpt) - 519, Beta#3 (19dpt) - 7174, Due date 05/30/2021
    DD born 05/23/2021 👨‍👩‍👧‍👦 - My family is now complete <3
  • @inthewoods23 I don't think day 5 vs day 6 matter much. At my clinic, they transferred from "best rated day 5" down and my successful transfer was with a decent grading of a day 6 embryo. 
  • Embryo grading doesn't really matter...it's the genetic makeup of the embryo that causes it to either implant or not. You can have all 5AA embryos and not have any implant due to chromosome abnormalities. The grading system is basically how "pretty" the embryo is, not how genetically sound. 
    Me: 36     DH: 37
    TTC #1 since 2017
    Dx: MFI + Mild PCOS (AMH 6.9)

IVF Journey:
    ER #1: 6/18/19; 15R/11M/9F/6 FROZEN 👶🏼 un-tested
    FET 1: 8/01/19, Beta 8/14 = 9...Chemical pregnancy (transferred 2)
    FET 2: 12/19/19...Negative Beta 12/30 (transferred 1)

Changed Clinics
    FET 3: 3/9/20, Beta #1, 37, Beta #2, 26, Beta #3 51 - Chemical pregnancy (transferred 2)

ER #2: 6/2/2020; 31R/26M/18F/13 sent for PGS Testing
    6 PGS Normal Embryos - 3 girls👶🏼 + 3 boys👶🏼
    FET 4: 7/30/20, Beta 1:66    Beta 2: 110...Ectopic pregnancy @ 6 weeks with Male (transferred 1)
    FET 5: 11/18/20, Beta 1: 97 Beta 2: 384 Beta 3: 1010....Miscarriage @ 7 weeks with Female (transferred 1)
    FET 6: 3/9/21 - Canceled due to poor lining response
    FET 6.5: 7/28/21 - Beta 1: 21.5  Beta 2: 31.4   Beta 3:  28 - Chemical pregnancy, Female (transferred 1)
    FET 7: 12/8/21 - Beta 1: 9   Beta 2:        - Chemical pregnancy, Male+? (transferred 2)
  • @mtpbadger yeah my RE said they have success with both day 5s and 6s so age doesn't matter, just the stage.

@FuzzyDust I think a lot of people don't realize even the smallest sensitivity can be the cause behind even the smallest issues. I think DH is lactose intolerant but it's inconsistent - milk and cereal is fine, but not a glass of milk with cookies. Cheese on his hamburgers and putting milk in scrambled eggs are fine though. So maybe he is, maybe he isn't.
    *TW* History:

TTC #1 since 7.2017

IUI #1-3 all BFN

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    TTC put on pause
  • @inthewoods23
    One thing I did for my successful FET in addition to just eating healthier was take time off work around the time of transfer so I could be as stress free as possible. Not sure if that made a difference, but if it's possible for you, it might be something to consider.  We had two day 6 embies that both implanted but we lost one of them early on. They were both hatching on the day of transfer after thawing which I think contributed to the success also -- they were ready to go!
    Fall 2012 -- started TTC
    Fall 2015 - Summer 2016 - Further testing all normal. 3 IUI's -- BFN. Recommended move to IVF. Planned cycle for fall 2016.
    September 2016 - Surprise natural BFP. MMC @ 8 weeks. RE expressed confidence that we just needed the 'right' embryo.
    June 2017 - Started IVF; egg retrieval for freeze all cycle. 9 mature eggs retrieved, 5 fertilized. 2 4BB embies on ice.
    August 2017 - FET transfer both embies. BFP.  Twin pregnancy confirmed by ultrasound. EDD 4/28/18
    September 2017 - Twin B stopped developing; Twin A doing perfectly! Graduated from RE @ 10 weeks

TTC #2
    March 2021 - FET of 1 PGS normal female embryo. BFP! Beta #1 156,  #2 472, #3 1241, #4 5268 EDD 12/5/21 - Christmas baby!

• @mbradfo2 I did do that last time! I had booked a facial at a spa on Sunday, took off Monday and booked a massage, and had the FET Tuesday. Wednesday I was off too. My FET is on a Tuesday again (as was my ER so I'm being a little superstitious with this. Also "heist is more of a Tuesday thing" from Despicable Me) so I may ask to work from home those days since I really don't have the time off available to me right now. Close enough. I'll have my cat to keep my stress and anxiety free while I work 😊. I may opt for another massage the day before but have it in the evening when work is over.
    *TW* History:

TTC #1 since 7.2017

IUI #1-3 all BFN

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    TTC put on pause
  • @inthewoods23
    sounds like a good plan! I also remember talking DH into letting me get a kitten (we already had a cat and two dogs) if the cycle didn't work so I spent much of the TWW looking at kitties online which was good for keeping my mind off of things. Just keeping your mind off things is healthy, I think. And you're right, sometimes they just don't work no matter how good the circumstances might be --- normally people don't get pregnant every month they try and while IVF/FET obviously increases the odds greatly, it's still not 100 percent even in perfect circumstances. I hope this upcoming cycle is your ticket!
    Fall 2012 -- started TTC

TTC #2

• Hi ladies!

Thought I would resurrect this thread again since we're back to being benched with the pandemic going on. We could have continued since I had started the lupron and estradiol valerate injections, but decided we wanted to give our embryos the best chance so we're going to wait for things to calm down. Now I just have to wait to actually ovulate and for AF to show up. No idea when we might be able to start a FET cycle up again though. We're actually considering trying naturally for a few months instead of me going on BC at the start of the next cycle. Being on the gluten and dairy free diet for 2 months now, I have some reason to believe it's possible our issue these last 2.5 years have been because of gluten and/or dairy. So we'll see. I think we're ready for a break for a little bit anyway.

Hope everyone is doing well during this tough time  <3
    *TW* History:

TTC #1 since 7.2017

IUI #1-3 all BFN

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    TTC put on pause
  • My cycle has been pushed back too.  I was ready to start my cycle around April 1 but now we are in no mans land.  I'm disappointed but obviously its the right thing for the clinic to do.  

@inthewoods23 I'm really impressed with your positive attitude.  GL with the TTC naturally route.  You can be part of the inevitible baby boom we will see at the end of the year.  :smiley:
    History and blog link in spoiler
    2016 - dx with super low ovarian reserve; failed cycle with clomid, failed IUI, 
    2017 - egg retrieval #1 - 3 eggs, 0 embryos appropriate for transfer; ER #2 2 eggs, 0 embryos on day 3; ER #3 1 egg 0 embryos
    moved to donor egg in summer 2017; 35 eggs retrieved; 19 fertilized; 9 total embryos
    Fresh transfer Dec 2017= BFP!  baby boy born 8/22/18

May 2019 - surprise natural pregnancy ended in MC
    Nov 2019 FET; MC at 9 weeks
    May 2020 FET; BFN
    July 2020 FET; CP treated with methotrexate
    Oct 2020 BFP! 

Take a look at my blog

• @laurad75 who knows how many months we're being pushed back now 😕 an ideal time for us to do a transfer (should natural still not work) is September-January so as much as I hated cancelling, we're saving ourselves a lot of headache by not having a newborn late this year/early next year.

I am very much excited for the mass boom of IF ladies graduating from the REs!
    *TW* History:

TTC #1 since 7.2017

IUI #1-3 all BFN

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    TTC put on pause
  • Lurker***
    @laurad75 i'm so sorry your cycle was pushed because of all this madness. Hugs friend. 
    *TW*
    TTC 1/2012
    Diagnosed : unexplained infertility
    6 rounds of IUI and a MC 2/2014, rainbow twins 4/2015
    TTC #3 5/2016
    Restarted Fertility tx
    IUI 2 rounds, baby girl 12/17

• @inthewoods23 @laurad75 - I just got the call from my doctor yesterday that my FET is being postponed as well. I was scheduled for FET on the 27th and I was supposed to start injections today. The only positive spin is that I hadn't started injections yet! He has me on Provera 1x per day and Estrace 2x per day for the next 12 days and they said to call back with my next mences. He was very optimistic that if we give it a few weeks, we can look at scheduling it again. He actually said if I really wanted to continue forward, he would do he procedure but he wasn't a fan of that option. I decided to go with his suggestion to wait. What are a couple more weeks in this forever process???
  • @dreamingofabump lol exactly. Our first failed FET was in September and it was a long time to get through the testing and to the FET date. So what's another month or 2 🤷‍♀️
    *TW* History:

TTC #1 since 7.2017

IUI #1-3 all BFN

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    TTC put on pause
  • Well, my low, but positive beta went from 37 to 26 in 2 days...my RE had me stay on meds and get beta #3 tomorrow in hopes that it went up...never heard of this happening...so devastated. We have 1 embryo left...lost 5 now...IVF is such a mind f*ck. 
    TTC #1 since 2017

IVF Journey:

Changed Clinics
    FET 3: 3/9/20, Beta #1, 37, Beta #2, 26, Beta #3 51 - Chemical pregnancy (transferred 2)

FET 4: 7/30/20, Beta 1:66    Beta 2: 110...Ectopic pregnancy @ 6 weeks with Male (transferred 1)
    FET 5: 11/18/20, Beta 1: 97 Beta 2: 384 Beta 3: 1010....Miscarriage @ 7 weeks with Female (transferred 1)
    FET 6.5: 7/28/21 - Beta 1: 21.5  Beta 2: 31.4   Beta 3:  28 - Chemical pregnancy, Female (transferred 1)
    FET 7: 12/8/21 - Beta 1: 9   Beta 2:        - Chemical pregnancy, Male+? (transferred 2)
  • @covergirl2985 hmmm I've never heard of an RE trying a 3rd beta when the 2nd beta showed a decrease. Usually the 3rd is when the number hasn't quite doubled like they like to see. Wishing you positive vibes during this time.

As things continue to go downhill with the coronavirus, I'm feeling much better about our decision to cancel our March transfer. I know there have been some studies coming out saying it won't pass to a fetus, but I have yet to see anything that specifically talks about a woman in her 1st trimester. This would be a very critical time for development right? Just don't want to take any chances.
    *TW* History:

TTC #1 since 7.2017

IUI #1-3 all BFN

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    TTC put on pause
  • I guess I go here now.  I had SHG, TT, and BW done on the 12th and were planning on calling the clinic CD 1 and hoping for an early May transfer.  Looks like all this will be on hold.  I have been stalking the ASRM website for updates to their recommendations and they finally published something new today, but it sound pretty vague. Does anyone have any insight to what they think they are trying to imply? 
  • @becca07024411 What's the latest update? Do you have a link? The latest I saw was from the 17th. Is there a new press release for today?
    *TW* History:

TTC #1 since 7.2017

IUI #1-3 all BFN

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    TTC put on pause
  • I have shamefully been checking it like 10 times a day...I am 100% comfortable moving forward as soon as my clinic is "allowed" too, so I am praying something changes quickly! 

https://www.asrm.org/news-and-publications/news-and-research/announcements/covid-19-staff-and-clinical-practice-sustainability-during-the-pandemic/

• @becca07024411 I think they're just trying to keep non-sick people out of hospitals as much as possible to help prevent spread. DH thought they would maybe also take the beds in the fertility clinic's area for coronavirus patients. As far as I've heard, there's no reason to believe it's a dangerous time to get pregnant. My clinic was asking all those scheduled through April to cancel so who knows when things will continue... May? June? Not until Fall? *shrug*
    *TW* History:

TTC #1 since 7.2017

IUI #1-3 all BFN

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    TTC put on pause
  • Yes, I actually asked on the 12th about if I should be concerned about the coronavirus affecting any schedule and he acted like it would be highly unlikely and only if there was a massive outbreak in Memphis and within all the nursing homes and the government took over all the facilities to be makeshift ICU facilities, but then just a few days later the recommendation came out and they ended up cancelling everything. I was like "NO, I specifically asked about this!" 
  • @becca07024411 things certainly change daily! My clinic, I'm sure, was just trying to follow the guidelines at the time to not start any new cycles. I only had the option to continue since I had started the estradiol valerate injections. I'm sure yours was following the same guidelines even if they normally wouldn't choose to cancel anything. 
    *TW* History:

TTC #1 since 7.2017

IUI #1-3 all BFN

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    TTC put on pause
  • edited April 2020
    Hi.  I don't know why this wonderful thread is getting dusty when we are all on the bench now due to clinics being closed.  Someone else must be trying naturally with next-to-no-chance and getting impatient!  

DH and I have been trying for 3 years.  I have stage IV endometriosis; 5 egg retrievals at age 35 gave us numerous immature eggs and 5 untested frozen blasts; last Easter our first FET resulted in a CP and we learned I had a hydrosalpinx, positive cd138 cells, and tsh that doubled.  After surgery, doxycycline, synthroid, and taking Orilissa GNRH antagonist, and kitchen sink protocol for recurrent pregnancy loss,  second FET resulted in pregnancy,  awful hives, and mmc of genetically normal baby at 10 weeks.  RE says I may have to consider gestational surrogacy if I miscarry another normal baby, and won't let me do another retrieval unless I agree to PGS.  Yuck.  In my wishful-thinking world, I was okay with donor eggs as Plan B, but am weirded out by the idea of someone being pregnant for me.  So I am hoping to get lucky with my one remaining stuck-down tube and my 1  and 1/2 oddly placed ovaries encased in adhesive scar tissue, and "1%" lifetime likelihood.  I was on Plaquenil during my pregnancy, and I have read that it helps reverse some of the immune abnormalities of endo, so I'm considering it my magic bullet that will make a miracle happen now😀.  I don't know when my clinic will re open, so don't know when to stop trying and get my butt back on birth control.   PS any advice appreciated.   

Anyone else trying during this trying time and willing to share their thoughts/frustrations?

• @callingthestork this thread is probably mostly dead because there's nothing we can do during this waiting period. I was on lupron prior to cancelling our FET and lupron likes to shut down my ovaries so it's been nearly a month since I opted to cancel our FET and still no sign of ovulation.

My clinic said to call at my next CD1 so they could put me on their calendar but there's no telling how soon my next FET would be since we don't know when they'll start fertility treatments up again nor do I have idea when ovulation will happen (I am tracking through BBT and OPKs). DH and I plan on trying naturally for a few months to see if going dairy and gluten free for me is the key to our unexplained diagnosis. The diet change was the 1 different thing going forward with the 2nd FET. I had a failed FET with a normal 5BB embryo last year and following tests showed timing was right and there's no endo. We'll probably end up being scheduled for a 2nd FET come fall/winter if we don't find success naturally over the spring/summer.
    *TW* History:

TTC #1 since 7.2017

IUI #1-3 all BFN

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    TTC put on pause
  • Arent we used to waiting by now? J/K

Got a SUPER positive OPK this morning so I guess we'll try naturally this month. Thankfully, my clinic is still open so I'll be able to start IVF #2 STIMs and prep for egg retrieval if we don't magically conceive this month. 
    TTC #1 since 2017

IVF Journey:

Changed Clinics

• Hey everyone!! I have been stalking these forums for over a year now and here I am awaiting my FET along with most of the world. I hope everyone is hanging in there. I was 4 days out from my transfer and earned a few PIO lumps before I got the call. What have y’all been doing to keep yourselves motivated to stay healthy? I am having the worst time staying away from sugar and caffeine since I have nothing in the near future to look forward to. (Doesn’t help that I’m a nurse and we’re getting candy delivered to the unit daily!) Stay safe everyone! 
  • edited April 2020
    @inthewoods23, thanks for responding.   I wish you and everyone else here so much luck.  

I had a lovely positive opk two weeks ago, and now I have the usual very blank hcg test.  I think i have egg transport issues. 
    I have spring fever-- I got four little chicks to add to my flock and they are so cheerful, cheeping to each other all day.   Spring is very late this year, in the northern plains. 
    My clinic was hoping to be back open in mid June.  But I haven't heard an update yet.  On reddit, people were saying that clinics in Denmark are reopening.

@knottie the nurse, is this going to be your first FET?  Thanks for doing the job that you do.  

• Sorry I didn’t realize when I signed up that I would get some crazy handle by default. This will be my first. We have had several rounds of IUI, one ectopic and that led us to IVF. I’m just grateful we’ve got 3 embryos safely waiting! Thank you! It’s been a wild ride! I am trying to convince my wife to get chicks but we live in the city and it’s illegal. 😑 that’s great to hear that Europe is opening up, that means ASRM won’t be far behind! 
  • @knottie3d7f63c7ff7b993e try logging out and then logging back in. It should change to the username you created.

@callingthestork I've heard from other ladies on TB that they're starting cycles up for transfers/egg retrievals in May.

I surprisingly O'ed a few days ago - much earlier than expected. Timing was not fantastic at all so I'm expecting AF at the end of the month. We still plan on taking it easy for a few months before calling the clinic. No idea when they'll reopen anyway 🤷‍♀️ I've heard we're right around our peak for covid cases and they extended our stay at home order to late May.
    *TW* History:

TTC #1 since 7.2017

IUI #1-3 all BFN

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    TTC put on pause
  • Hi gang.  I got some good news this week that I am good to start my FET cycle.  I started meds yesterday on CD1 and will go for monitoring in a couple of weeks.  If all looks good my transfer could be 5/13.  My clinic is only doing specific treatments right now so I feel really fortunate.  I thought my good news may give others some hope.  
    2017 - egg retrieval #1 - 3 eggs, 0 embryos appropriate for transfer; ER #2 2 eggs, 0 embryos on day 3; ER #3 1 egg 0 embryos
    moved to donor egg in summer 2017; 35 eggs retrieved; 19 fertilized; 9 total embryos

May 2020 FET; BFN
    Oct 2020 BFP! 

Take a look at my blog

• @laurad75 Congrats on being able to start your FET cycle!  I will be keeping my fingers crossed for you.

I'm still waiting for AF to start.  It should be some time next week.  My clinic is hoping to start back up again on May 1 so depending on what day AF starts, I may be able to do something right away -- or I might miss it by a few days and have to wait another month.  Once everything aligns I'll be doing an ERA before my next FET.  I expect to be on the bench until at least June or July.
  • yay!! I’m glad someone is going up to bat!! 
  • What have y’all been doing to prepare? I have no motivation! This is my first FET so I don’t know what to expect. I had an ectopic back in October so I’m assuming I’ll end up having to do an ERA if this one doesn’t take. 
  • Hey all!! I had a mock transfer scheduled for the day after they started to shit down so I’ve been waiting. Clinic expects to hopefully start FETs May 1. And I am chomping at the bit! 

I’m excited to hear some one is getting started! FX that everything is smooth sailing. 
    ******************** BFP Warning *******************

I'm 29 and DH is 32 we have a MFI (low count) 
    IVF #1 starting in August. ER 9/5/13 23 eggs we are fertilizing 15. 9 frozen
    ET 9/10 - transferred 1 perfect 5AA blast
    7dp5dt BFP ~~ Beta on 9/19 - 77.4 Beta #2 on 9/21 - 357
    Low heartbeat on 10/7 86, lower heartbeat on 10/11 76, no heartbeat 10/14/13. D&C 10/15/13
    Tests revealed MTHFR c677t mutation, put on Folgard.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    FET #1 1/6/14 - 4BB blast - BFN
    FET #2 - 3/3/14 - 5AB Blast -- Beta #1 3/12 - 152 -- Beta #2 3/14 - 358
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    FET #3 06/09/16 - 5AB Blast - Beta #1 6/18- 245 -- Beta #2 06/20 - 600
     PAIF/SAIF/PAL/SAL welcome!

• @FishyMom Wow, I would have so frustrated to have a mock cycle cancelled the day before the ERA.  How frustrating!  Have they placed you on BC in the interim so you can control your cycle and get started once the clinic reopens?

@sisurn24 I haven't been doing anything to prepare other than just trying to practice patience and to try to find peace in the waiting.  What will be will be when it is meant to be...

• @sisurn24 Unfortunately there isn't much to do to prepare.  I've been taking PNV and I bought a bunch of home pregnancy tests at the dollar store.  That's really all I could think of to do.  

May 2020 FET; BFN
    Oct 2020 BFP! 

Take a look at my blog

• Hi there!
    I am also a newbie here :smile: Was TTC naturally for sometime. After all failed attempts my hubby and I decided to go for ivf, so we've made a huge research on this matter and eventually we turned to IVMED clinic (Kiev, Ukraine). So I had my FET scheduled for the end of March, but unfortunately because of the lckdown we didn't have an opportunity to travel to Ukraine. It's already been 2 months, but the things aren't getting better there, our DR. said the lockdown should be over at the beginning of June, so I really hope we are able to travel there in July. Fingers crossed!