Trying to Get Pregnant

TFAS week of 3/23

**This is a check-in for those with babies/children at home. Please be mindful that the discussion of living children in the WTO/TWW threads is prohibited unless extremely pertinent to your current cycle.**

**If you are having a hard day re TTC or TTCAL, please note that this thread will discuss living children and/or issues specifically dealing with parenting and/or babies. Pregnancy may also be mentioned. Please lurk at your own discretion.** 

What number are you trying for? 

Month/Cycle? 

WTO/TWW? 

Ages of other child(ren)? 

Any thoughts about this cycle? 

Any questions? 

Rant/Rave?

GTKY: what is one thing you're doing for yourself to help your mental health during all of this?

Re: TFAS week of 3/23

• What number are you trying for?  3

Month/Cycle? 6/10

WTO/TWW? WTO

Ages of other child(ren)? 3.5 and 1.5

Any thoughts about this cycle? Feeling hopeful

Any questions? Not really except any advice on best time to use an OPK?

Rant/Rave? I’m both liking and disliking quarantine. I’m liking I am home more but I’m feeling stir crazy for sure.

GTKY: what is one thing you're doing for yourself to help your mental health during all of this?
    working out and being active daily. It is so needed for my mental health. Also trying to relax after kids go to bed instead of doing chore stuff. 
  • @allthingscozy the best time to use OPKs varies depending on your cycle length. Most people recommend roughly 5 days before your expected O day (if you O on CD 14 - start OPKs on CD 9, etc.). If you have irregular cycles, it's recommended to start testing once per day around CD 8 and start testing twice per day as they get darker.

What number are you trying for? 3
    Month/Cycle? 4/4 (2 unbenched)
    WTO/TWW? TWW
    Ages of other child(ren)? 1.5, 5.5
    Any thoughts about this cycle? Feel really good about my timing and my chart is promising but I'm trying hard to not get my hopes up.
    Any questions? Nope
    Rant/Rave? We're definitely getting stir crazy here. Here in a couple weeks when it warms up again would usually be the first time we'd take the kids out camping, but with everything going on I can't even think about taking my youngest out of the house. I'm also working on getting my class schedule switched around some due to administrative issues which has been hard for me to do. I'm just hoping I can get everything back to being somewhat normal before starting my practicum and internship rotation.
    GTKY: what is one thing you're doing for yourself to help your mental health during all of this? NAPPING! As much as possible I am giving myself time enough to nap. One of my biggest triggers for my bipolar disorder is not getting enough sleep.
    TTC History- *TW* LC
    Me: 24 Dh: 46
    Married: 10.2018
    DS #1: 06.2014
    Hyperemesis Gravidarum (HG), Emergency C-Section
    MC: 03.2017- 5 Weeks
    Rainbow DS #2: 07.2018
    HG, 19w Fetal Surgery, 24w PPROM, 33w Placental Abruption, Partial Uterine Rupture, Emergency C-Section
    NICU, Chronic Kidney Disease
    TTC #3: Medically Cleared 12.5.2019, had a bunch of problems and wonky cycles
    BFP 10.13.2020 EDD: 6.26.2021

October 2020 TTGP Signature Challenge: Pets in Costumes

• Loading the player...
  • What number are you trying for? 2

Month/Cycle? 9/5

WTO/TWW? TWW

Ages of other child(ren)? 2

Any thoughts about this cycle? I doubt I'm KU. Just hoping next cycle isn't nearly as long.

Any questions? no

Rant/Rave/Brag: I'm loving all this extra time with DD but it's also really hard at the same time. I'm trying to find different activities to do during the week to keep things interesting for both of us without spending a ton of money too. I noticed yesterday that her bottom molars are breaking through which explains some of the grumpiness and runny nose she's had recently.

GTKY: What is one thing you're doing for yourself to help your mental health during all of this?
    I've been working to keep DD's schedule/routine as close to normal as possible which is giving us a sense of normalcy. Her afternoon nap time gives me some needed time to myself. Otherwise I've been working on crafty projects for distraction (still trucking along on my cross stitch!) and playing video games with my siblings online.
  • @allthingscozy I think your taking time for yourself after the kids are in bed is good! I'm glad that's helping your mental health during all of this craziness. I definitely know what you mean about liking and disliking the quarantine.

@ashaislurking napping sounds amazing! I need to do more of that!
  • What number are you trying for? 2

Month/Cycle? 2/2 

WTO/TWW? TWW

Ages of other child(ren)? 14mo

Any thoughts about this cycle? Meh, good timing but we were both sick so idk. 

Any questions? Nada

Rant/Rave? I pulled DD out of daycare for a few weeks while we see how things go in my city/county, but now my mom (who cares for her while I WFH) has been advised she is high risk for COVID-19 and should quarantine. So these next few weeks should be hard between worrying about my mom and figuring out childcare for my daughter. Blah

GTKY: what is one thing you're doing for yourself to help your mental health during all of this? I bought a new car. All online! And now I enjoy taking short drives listening and singing along (hideously) to my favorite music.

@gingermama29 I want to learn to cross stitch so bad! I feel like it might help my anxiety.

@ashaislurking Naps are the best. Since I’m WFH, I took a short 15min snooze on my couch over my lunch break during the week last week. It was rejuvenating!

@allthingscozy My cousin owns a Pilates/yoga/barre studio in Northern CA and is offering free FB live classes periodically. I followed along with her mat Pilates last week and felt so good afterward!
  • What number are you trying for? 3

Month/Cycle? 2/1

WTO/TWW? TWW

Ages of other child(ren)? DD is almost 3, DS just turned 1

Any thoughts about this cycle? Cautiously optimistic, this is the most intentional we've been about conceiving, but also only my first chartable postpartum cycle.

Any questions? I've been lurking, but am I joining too early? I could continue lurking 'til I'm on cycle 2.

Rant/Rave? We are a no-income household for now as DH has suspended his salary (small family business) for the time being. We're okay for a while thanks to savings, but it's still added stress thinking about our financial future and whether or not the company can weather this at all.

GTKY: what is one thing you're doing for yourself to help your mental health during all of this? I have a nightly zoom chat with my mom friends with kids DD's age. I haven't told them about our money worries yet because it seems like everyone is dealing with something as big, if not bigger.
    BabyName Ticker BabyFetus Ticker