September 2020 Moms

Pregnancy Pillows

Starting this today because the mattress firm next to my work has body pillows on sale so I’m curious. 

STMs: what was your favorite type of pillow if you had one? Was it the curved shape or straight? Any tips?

Re: Pregnancy Pillows

• I have the boppy side sleeper pregnancy pillow. It’s okay. I think I’ll like it more and more later in pregnancy. 

I had a big curved one from my oldest son and I did not like it. 
    My sister uses a straight body pillow and seems to have no complaints about it. 
  • I'm using a flat normal pillow right now but have been really eyeballing that Hiccapop on Amazon despite not even knowing if they'd ship it right now. Tried looking in Walmart for pregnancy pillows and nada! You'd think they'd capitalize on that too...
  • Loading the player...
  • I had the Snoogle and I loved it. It was just the basic curved body pillow. It does make it harder to move around and takes up a lot of space but I think it really helped. 
  • I bought this on amazon and so far it’s worked good. 

• I had one for my first pregnancy and did not enjoy. Too big and bulky. I roll around too much and it made me feel encumbered. A throw pillow between my knees allowed me to roll over with it still between my knees. 
    Pregnancy TickerDS1 8/15
    DS2 5/17
    #3 Due 9/20
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I’ve used a snoogle with my last two pregnancies. It is big, but it really helped as I got bigger. I think I would prefer one that is a big U but that would take up way too much space.
  • I got this from Amazon, and I love it.  Using the whole thing, it prevents me tossing and turning and I find I sleep deeper with it.  However, the one side can zip off (where you see the indent in the pic), so I've been using just the little zipped off arm for the last bit.  Still comfortable and supportive but doesn't take up so much room.  If I were to travel, I'd just take the small piece.

• Thanks for the tips guys! I don’t know if I want one yet but for $8 I think it’s totally worth it if they still have them. Those big ones look comfortable but I think H and the dogs would hate me if I bring one that big into the bed 😂
  • I bought the Hiccapop in a moment of uncomfortable weakness, so I'll let you know how it goes! It's a smaller wedge pillow that has really good reviews on Amazon so I'm hopeful I'll have a good experience with it too.
  • I might need a donut or something for my hip. It doesn't matter what side I lay on it aches when I get up in the morning. Anyone else?
    Momma to 3 angels and two amazing children
    F born June 2018
    W born September 2020
    #3 due November 2022
  • @readytobemama I’m so glad you have experience with that one because it’s the one I have in my Amazon cart right now! 
    Me: 36, H: 37 | Married: 10/15/16 | DS#1: 7/18/04 | DS#2: 4/18/19
    BFP: 1/26/20 | EDD: 9/20/20
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers