Trying to Get Pregnant

Covid-19 Pandemic Discussion Thread

Re: Covid-19 Pandemic Discussion Thread

• @allthingscozy I'm so sorry you have to deal with all that! I posted on the other post but I also feel wrong for wanting to get pregnant now and am so conflicted but I'm also thinking, who knows when this well end. It's crazy! China has seemed to be dropping cases now though! I hope we drop quick!
    DS born 2016
  • @feather_heather Oh no! I hope he's negative!

@emeraldduchess Right? It doesn't feel like a school vacation type mood! We did show and tell this morning over Google Meet. It was a lot of fun! Their innocence makes me smile! Especially with them now knowing what is going on in the world!
    DS born 2016
  • Loading the player...
  • Thank you so much to EVERYONE who is still out there working during this, especially our first responders and medical personnel.
    Is anyone else in here immunocompromised? I'm getting so tired of people not taking this seriously and then going around saying "Oh, well it's just the elderly and sick who are impacted really badly during this so WE'RE fine..." It's a major punch in the gut when this is something that WOULD be life threatening for me and several other people in my family.
    TTC History- *TW* LC
    Me: 24 Dh: 46
    Married: 10.2018
    DS #1: 06.2014
    Hyperemesis Gravidarum (HG), Emergency C-Section
    MC: 03.2017- 5 Weeks
    Rainbow DS #2: 07.2018
    HG, 19w Fetal Surgery, 24w PPROM, 33w Placental Abruption, Partial Uterine Rupture, Emergency C-Section
    NICU, Chronic Kidney Disease
    TTC #3: Medically Cleared 12.5.2019, had a bunch of problems and wonky cycles
    BFP 10.13.2020 EDD: 6.26.2021

October 2020 TTGP Signature Challenge: Pets in Costumes

• edited March 2020
    @ashaislurking I am not, but I am taking this very seriously. That's what I was telling my students. Even if you're healthy and can fight it off, there are many people who can't and we need to stop this and protect them. 

@jbal918 I did a video conference with my students today and I almost cried. I was so happy to see their faces and know they're doing ok. 
  • @emeraldduchess yes! They need to close the beaches! 
  • @emeraldduchess herd protection, social isolation, and flattening the curve is so important both for the people in healthcare trying to fight this and for those of us who would be severely compromised without people taking it seriously. I'm glad you're teaching your students that. 
    TTC History- *TW* LC
    HG, 19w Fetal Surgery, 24w PPROM, 33w Placental Abruption, Partial Uterine Rupture, Emergency C-Section

• edited March 2020
    @allthingscozy did you see the guy who said, "If I get corona, I get corona, it's not gonna stop me from partying"?!? I wanted to throw something at the tv. 

@ashaislurking it was so hard to find the balance between keeping them calm and making them aware. It's crazy how fast the situation changed. On Monday, we were reviewing hand-washing and wiping our desks and chair with disinfectant wipes. Friday afternoon we were getting ready to close the school down for at least 3 weeks. 
  • @the_road_to_oz definitely protect yourself and wash, wash, wash your hands. It's very important to remain distanced. I also receive information at work, and it's most certainly not a joke, your friend is absolutely correct, the information we receive is very matter of fact. But if the country continues social distancing for a while, it will help a lot! unfortunately, there are those people who think that they are just trying to punish people by closing things for a few weeks. I personally am not wearing gloves to leave the house, but I do have a bottle of sanitizer on my key chain and in my car and DH does as well.  Don't panic, just remain aware of what is going on. 
    May Siggy Challenge: It's Gonna be N*SYNC!

TTC #1: 1/2019
    Dx: 1/2020 Borderline PCOS
    Rx: Femara &Trigger with IUI
    IUI#1 2/26/2020- BETA 3/11 (AF arrived 3/11)
    3/20/2020- Benched due to COVID-19

• @allthingscozy definitely take whatever time you need! Is your job making you use a specific telemedicine platform or can you choose your own? Also, will you be able to work from home once you get the telehealth set up? I still have to go in but we’re trying to convert as many visits as possible to phone/telemedicine and it’s at least helping things go smoother and decreasing our exposure. 

@feather_heather sorry your dad is in isolation. Hope his friend just has a regular cold (funny to be wishing that on someone lol)
    TTC history in spoiler
    Me: 31 Him: 37
    Married: Oct 2015
    Baby G born June 2017
    TTC#2: July 2018
    BFP #2: 2/6/19 MC 3/14/19
    BFP#3 from IUI #2: 6/30/20 EDD 3/9/21

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy  Baby Tracker

• @tryingktogku Thank you SO MUCH for the info and the work you're doing!!  <3 
  • @mindyb2019. Thanks for what you do.  Your presence helps the residents feel seen and valued.  I know it is a crazy time and you didn't get great sleep either!  Just make it through and then have some self care.  I can't remember if you normally work weekends or not.  Hopefully you will get a break soon   I melted down all over DH today, so you are certainly not alone!  
  • @dobiemom11 thanks girl for your kind and uplifting words. That made me feel better. it’s just one of those days. I do work on weekends but Saturday's only so I’ll be off Sunday and Monday. Thanks goodness. I’m looking forward to those days and be able to hide away and do some self care. Sorry you had a meltdown today too. I think it’s getting to everyone. 
  • @mindyb2019 lots of hugs to you. It's ok to feel all the feels. I think this is a situation most of us have only seen in movies. We're all doing the best we can. 
  • I start teaching "e-learning" next week. I've recorded some lessons on youtube and made adapted book PDFs for all of my kiddos. This is going to be interesting!
  • Did you guys see the pictures of Bondi Beach that went viral over the weekend? That apparently was the impetus for finally starting to shut things down here in Aus. Schools are still open in some states because they calculated that early school closures would result in 30% less healthcare workers being able to work because they would be required to stay home with their children, and we need to keep the healthcare workers working. We're getting a lot of mixed messages and it's all very confusing. 
  • Hope everyone in the NYC area is staying safe with the massive jump in case in the area <3
    *TW* History:
    Me: 34 DH: 36 | Together since 2007 | Married July 2016

TTC #1 since 7.2017
    Dx: low morph (1%), ANA positive, low decidualization score, high TSH and testosterone, histone antibodies

IUI #1-3 all BFN
    IVF #1 | 6.11.19 | 24R, 17M, 15F, 6B, PGT-A tested - 5 normal, 3 girls & 2 boys
    FET #1 | 9.10.19 | BFN "I know you, but we've never met. I'm with you, but I don't know your name"
    RPL, Receptiva, & ERA testing | all normal/negative, recommended going on gluten and dairy free diet for next FET
    FET #2 | 3.31.20 | Opted to cancelled due to pandemic, continued diet and tried naturally over the summer
    2nd Opinion with another RE | 8.20.20 | Not immune to measles (received 1 dose); SA results similar to 2 years ago; decided to move forward with FET #2 redo at start of next cycle
    Surprise natural BFP! | 9.22.20 | MC 10.23.20 at 8 weeks
    TTCAL naturally | starting 11.22.20

Initial consultation with Reproductive Immunologist | 9.14.21
    Decidualization score biopsy | 10.1.21 | abnormal - low score of 1; endometrial scratch recommended and progesterone supplementation
    Saline sono | 10.15.21 | normal
    Bloodwork | 10.21.21 high TSH, high testosterone, positive for anti-nuclear antibodies and histone antibodies, high protein S, multiple genetic mutations
    BFP! | 11.3.21 | EDD 7.14.22 B) | biopsy provided same effect as endometrial scratch; added supplemental progesterone and estrogen, prednisone, levothyroxine, and MTX Support to maintain pregnancy
    DS born 7.19.22 after induction

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Consultation with RI | 6.6.23
    Saline sono, endometritis biopsy, skin & eye check | all normal
    Labs | high TSH, Factor XIII mutation, high %CD56
    Follow up | 8.8.23 | prescribed metformin, prednisone, plaquenil, and levothyroxine
    Repeat labs after 3 weeks on meds
    Follow up | 11.9.23 | Green light!, increase in prednisone, added lovenox
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    Follow up | 1.16.24 | Green light continues
    TTC put on pause
  • @thebeelady I didn’t but I saw beaches here that were probably similar. On a side note hearing Bondi just made my day. That was my favorite place when I studied abroad there :) 
  • @kiki047 yeah. I think our state's numbers tripled through the weekend. Our governor just released the notice to stay home except for groceries, pharmacy, doctor appointments, or essential work. Basically what DH and I were doing already. And (I think) unlike some states, we can be outside for walks. I'm not 100% sure on whether that means any restaurants will be open for takeout or order pickup. I can only cook so many times before I get bored of it. My BIL was saying with all the kid-friendly stuff closed, a lot of the park playgrounds were swarming with parents and kids because it was the only good outside time they could get. Way to ignore the social distancing and mass gathering restrictions doing that.
    *TW* History:

TTC #1 since 7.2017
    Dx: low morph (1%), ANA positive, low decidualization score, high TSH and testosterone, histone antibodies

IUI #1-3 all BFN
    FET #1 | 9.10.19 | BFN "I know you, but we've never met. I'm with you, but I don't know your name"
    RPL, Receptiva, & ERA testing | all normal/negative, recommended going on gluten and dairy free diet for next FET
    FET #2 | 3.31.20 | Opted to cancelled due to pandemic, continued diet and tried naturally over the summer
    2nd Opinion with another RE | 8.20.20 | Not immune to measles (received 1 dose); SA results similar to 2 years ago; decided to move forward with FET #2 redo at start of next cycle

Decidualization score biopsy | 10.1.21 | abnormal - low score of 1; endometrial scratch recommended and progesterone supplementation
    Bloodwork | 10.21.21 high TSH, high testosterone, positive for anti-nuclear antibodies and histone antibodies, high protein S, multiple genetic mutations
    BFP! | 11.3.21 | EDD 7.14.22 B) | biopsy provided same effect as endometrial scratch; added supplemental progesterone and estrogen, prednisone, levothyroxine, and MTX Support to maintain pregnancy

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Follow up | 8.8.23 | prescribed metformin, prednisone, plaquenil, and levothyroxine
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    TTC put on pause
  • My state is going to be under a "stay at home" order for 2 weeks starting tomorrow, too. :|
  • Our local leaders just announced that anyone who travels here (returning home or coming as a tourist) must self-quarantine for 14 days, and this will be monitored. Hoping that will seriously deter tourists from traveling here. Our cases so far have been mostly from visitors, or a few locals who have recently travelled.  
  • @allthingscozy that's awesome! One of my peers in Cali just did his first teletherapy session last week. He was super nervous but it went well. I hope this remains a good option for you while all of this is going on! 
    TTC History- *TW* LC

• This covid pandemic is not helping my anxiety at all. I just came home from work a little bit ago and now I'm not feeling very good. I feel weird and nauseous like I wanna throw up etc. I have a headache again and I feel tired. Now I'm like freaking out that I'm infected or something and every time i get any symptom I'm over thinking it and it's making me feel worse cause my anxiety goes through the roof. maybe I'm having a mini panic attack? Ugh,  I dont know how I'm going to survive this for forever long it lasts. 😢
  • @mindyb2019. I totally understand that- I feel like I am SS for all the normal things and then for the virus as well.  DH keeps going to bed early not feeling well, but it doesn't seem to be anything specific.  I think we are both still adjusting to this.  Hoping your anxiety gets better.  I know it is a hard time for so many people.  
  • @mindyb2019 stay strong girl!  <3<3

@keikilove frankly even if I did have a tropical drink in hand by the pool I would still be freaking out about how or when I could be home. I can't live out of a suitcase!!!

@allthingscozy that's really great to hear that it went well!
    *TW* History:

TTC #1 since 7.2017

IUI #1-3 all BFN

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    TTC put on pause
  • keikilovekeikilove member
    edited March 2020
    @mindyb2019 I’m so sorry you’re not feeling well. I’m wondering if you’re literally “worried sick”? My friend who is a nurse here has reported feeling very scared before she goes to work everyday. I’m so thankful for all of you healthcare workers! But please remember to take care of yourself first. Don’t push through if you’re really not well. I hope you’re able to bring down your anxiety, maybe through breathing or yoga? 

@inthewoods23 Completely agree! How can people not want to be home right now? Our mentioning “drink in hand” reminded me of the TTGP bday party we had online for several members here who shared the same day & we all posted what we were drinking to toast them.🥰 Maybe we can do that this week, just to have some chill-out time not thinking about this craziness! 
  • @keikilove I think we need another ten things tuesday or thursday! I think we used to do thirsty thursdays or like... whine/wine wednesday too? I can't remember.
    *TW* History:

TTC #1 since 7.2017

IUI #1-3 all BFN

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    TTC put on pause
  • @inthewoods23 I just posted it for Friday to “invite” people ahead of time hahaha. I was late to log in today but we definitely need a Ten Things Tuesday or Thursday this week!