October 2020 Moms
Options

Week 4+ (Oct. 22-31) Checkin, 3/16

Estimated due date (EDD):

Week of pregnancy: 

Upcoming Appointments:

Rant/Rave:

Questions:

GTKY: What are you biggest concerns about COVID-19, and how is affecting life where you live?
Current pregnancy -
First BFP on 1/4/22.  Due date 9/13/22.

Four prior losses, no living children - 1 first trimester miscarriage, 1 blighted ovum, 1 chemical, and one extreme premature live birth daughter who died at 15 days old.

Re: Week 4+ (Oct. 22-31) Checkin, 3/16

• Options
    Estimated due date (EDD): 10/22 (but dating sono isn't until 3/24)

Week of pregnancy: 8w5d

Upcoming Appointments: dating sono, 3/24

Rant/Rave: Rave is that my job isn't in jeopardy, but rant is that I'm government healthcare so no time off work for me for COVID unless I get sick.

Questions: none right now

GTKY: What are you biggest concerns about COVID-19, and how is affecting life where you live? I'm in California, so a lot of things are shut down and I expect it will get worse.  I didn't hoard supplies like a lot of folk and now I'm running out of toilet paper.  Ugh.
    Current pregnancy -

Four prior losses, no living children - 1 first trimester miscarriage, 1 blighted ovum, 1 chemical, and one extreme premature live birth daughter who died at 15 days old.

• Options
    Estimated due date (EDD):  Oct 28

Week of pregnancy: 7w6d

Upcoming Appointments: Mar 19th, 1st routine prenatal check-up

Rant/Rave: morning sickness finally caught me this morning, threw up just before eating breakfast :( thought I was getting off easy

Questions: none today

GTKY: What are you biggest concerns about COVID-19, and how is affecting life where you live? I live in northern Alberta (Canada) and despite my city having 0 confirmed cases so far, the grocery stores are empty, lots of places are closed, it's chaos.  Can't  imagine how nuts things will be once it actually lands here.  We have a lot of fly-in/fly-out workers in my city so it's just a matter of time I suppose.  I'll probably be asked to work from home by the end of the week. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Estimated due date (EDD): 10/30

Week of pregnancy: 7 weeks 4 days

Upcoming Appointments: 3/24 first appt since BFP

Rant/Rave: my appetite is ridiculous. I'm starving, MUST eat asap. Eat 3 or 4 bites of anything and I can't stand the idea of another bite. 

GTKY: What are you biggest concerns about COVID-19, and how is affecting life where you live? I work from home full time, my husband just brought his work computer home today. We're lucky that our jobs/pay aren't in jeopardy. City of Austin just closed all bars/restaurants/gatherings over 10 people until at least May 1st.
  • Options
    Estimated due date (EDD): 10/23

Week of pregnancy: 8

Upcoming Appointments: 3/24 for US and intake 

Rant/Rave: Rant:  I work as a speech therapist and see children age 1+ in a clinic setting. My work is not making any modifications and I was told I can just wear a mask and that I cannot cancel patients. I don’t mind seeing the older children who sit and do to table work, but the little ones take so much more hands on interaction and way too much nose wiping for my comfort level right now! Rave: my husband finally fixed up our backyard so now my son has a sandbox and his swing set will be set up this weekend! 

Questions: 

GTKY: What are you biggest concerns about COVID-19, and how is affecting life where you live? Right now there are no cases in the town I live, but there are many in surrounding areas. I’m definitely worried about contracting the virus while pregnant! As with many places, schools are closed and restaurants/coffee shops are only offering to-go orders. I haven’t been to the store since last week so I’m not sure how supplies are, but there were no disinfectant wipes or sanitizer when I went. I have just been spending time inside or in the yard with my son and that’s what we typically did before so not much has changed with his routine. 
  • Options
    Estimated due date (EDD): not sure. So confused.

Week of pregnancy: see above.

Upcoming Appointments: April 6 when hopefully we'll get my due date straightened out.

Rant/Rave: rave - my and my husband's jobs are secure in this mess and I was already homeschooling part time, so that transition has been easy for us. Rant - I just don't feel like myself and I feel like I'm not being present for my kids who are also dealing with this stress. I am just so exhausted and nauseous, and my job, while secure, is also high stress. I just wish I had more to give right now.

Questions: 

GTKY: What are you biggest concerns about COVID-19, and how is affecting life where you live? I live near a hotel that is being used to quarantine people, a base that is used for the same, the CDC, and a surge hospital. The risk of getting the virus is high here and my friends who live in other areas that are also affected just don't get it. It is tough here and it's going to get that way for them if they don't stay. home. Our national guardsmen are on high alert and I'm just waiting to find out who has been infected that I know personally because I know that's coming with how quick it's spreading.
    11/27/12
    First Child born

5/5/14 and 6/5/14
    Twins born into Heaven 
    BFP - 4/6/14, due date 12/8/14. First twin M/C at home - 5/5/14, Second twin D&C - 6/5/14

11/14
    Chemical Pregnancy

9/5/15
    Second after severe bleeding for 18 weeks due to subchorionic hematoma

Currently
    Expecting Number 3 due 10/31/2020
  • Options
    Estimated due date (EDD): 10/28

Week of pregnancy: 8

Upcoming Appointments: tomorrow including ultrasound if these don’t get cancelled

Rant/Rave: Tired, nauseated, and anxiety through the roof as below

Questions: none that have answers

GTKY: What are you biggest concerns about COVID-19, and how is affecting life where you live? I am an internal medicine doctor in a city with the second highest per capita rate in the country, so my life has been pretty affected. I have already been in close contact with at least 3 patients I suspect have it (without proper protective gear! Because people lie!) but our hands are tied with testing, so I have no way to know for sure. People know that if they report symptoms in advance they get directed to another clinic with longer waits, so people are lying about their symptoms to get in, then exposing us. I’m at the point of just constant anger at my patients, and this is not why I became a doctor. I’m jealous of everyone who gets to stay home. 

I also had a moment of a near breakdown last night because I have completely stopped being excited about this pregnancy and I hate myself for that. 

Sorry for the rant. It has been a bad week. 
  • Options
    AB518AB518 member
    **lurking from week 3 check-in**

@fitzfizz  I understand your anxiety about COVID-19.  My hospital is running low on ppe, and there are a large number of confirmed COVID-19 cases in my city.  Patients do lie about symptoms if they think it is going to inconvenience them without thinking about how much harm they can cause to others.  I'm at high risk of being exposed at work, but my colleagues try to minimize my risk as much as possible.  I do have to admit that I am annoyed when people complain about being stuck at home; I wish that I was stuck at home instead of constantly putting myself and my family at risk.  I feel like I have gotten pregnant at the worst times with both of my pregnancies; the whole Zika outbreak happened during my other pregnancy.  I hope that your appointment/ultrasound doesn't get canceled and that it goes well.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Estimated due date (EDD): 10/31/2020

Week of pregnancy: 7 weeks 6 days

Upcoming Appointments: 3/20, first OB appt and US 

Rant/Rave: first pregnancy, haven’t told anyone but my husband, feeling isolated, & anxious with everything going on. I feel like this was the worst time to accidentally get pregnant (though grateful) [see below].

Questions: none of my questions have answers to them. 

GTKY: What are you biggest concerns about COVID-19, and how is affecting life where you live? 
    I work in the emergency department as a nurse. I’m constantly exposed to those (sometimes without knowing) with the virus. I wasn’t planning on telling anyone about my pregnancy until things were more confirmed because I have had some spotting through out the last 4 weeks. My hospital does not think pregnancy should be in the high risk category so I continue doing my job as before. I don’t believe there is enough evidence and do not feel protected. The one study done on 9 women in their 3rd trimester did not transfer any virus to the baby in any way. There was A report of a one women (with COVID19) who delivered a baby who then also tested positive 3.5 hours later though they do not know how the baby got the virus. I’m extremely concerned to be exposed and not know the effects of the virus on a growing fetus. The unknowns scare the crap out of me. On top of that, PPE is extremely limited. These pregnancy hormones makes me absolutely infuriated seeing people walk around with masks (I.e. in the grocery store and while walking their dog). People are clueless. 
    Thanks for letting me vent. 
  • Options
    Estimated due date (EDD): 10/31

Week of pregnancy: 7weeks 5 days

Upcoming Appointments: I have had 2 ultrasounds so far, one was today. Last week we didn't see anything except a sac. 

Rant/Rave: Feeling quesy and exhausted. My husband has been so so good to me. A lady in the gas station actually complimented him and it felt so good to know he is all mine 😁

Questions: 

Life as I know it has been halted. I teach in public school in metro detroit so we are closed at least till april 7th. I was the only patient my doctor would see today as I am now considered high risk. They cancelled all other appointments and the doctors were working at the hospital instead of their quiet office building. My DH is still working for now. I am scared of germs her could potentially bring home. 
  • Options
    Estimated due date (EDD): 10/31

Week of pregnancy: 8wks

Upcoming Appointments: Just had my first ultrasound, my second routine OB appt is March 27.

Rant/Rave: I'm starving and nauseous all at the same time and it's getting freaking annoying! Also sleep is restless at best and I'm exhausted. My husband joked today that my symptoms are the textbook definition of pregnancy... I'm literally ticking every freaking symptom box. Maybe I'll get lucky and that will mean my second trimester will be better. Sidenote: I've been crying like a fountain and I felt bad for crying at the receptionists at the ultrasound place when they said my husband couldn't come with me. I was so scared something would be wrong and felt bad that he wouldn't get to see our baby live. I totally get it, but it's still really hard. 

Questions: Why cant we Arnold Schwarzenegger this shit.... just kidding lol but also it would be great if guys could understand what this is like.  *he artificially plants an embryo in his abdomen and caries it to term in the movie Junior

GTKY: What are you biggest concerns about COVID-19, and how is affecting life where you live? Not gonna lie I'm scared. I'm already a high risk pregnancy and high risk for severe complications if I get the virus. My husband wasn't able to be in our first ultrasound because of it. I'm a mental health therapist, and I'm probably going to move all of my clients I can to telepsych platforms starting this week. I am very lucky to be able to do that, however it's hard because it's no where near as effective as being in person, and doing telepsych with children is impossible. I feel like by protecting myself I'm putting my patients mental health more at risk. But also I want to protect everyone. 
  • Options
    @aefsparrow I did a tele conference with my therapist and after we got past the first 5 minutes it felt the same as other appointments. Just fyi from client perspective. She basically called and said "we can do this by phone, teleconference, or we can reschedule it for after social distancing. Your choice."
    11/27/12
    First Child born

5/5/14 and 6/5/14
    Twins born into Heaven 
    BFP - 4/6/14, due date 12/8/14. First twin M/C at home - 5/5/14, Second twin D&C - 6/5/14

11/14
    Chemical Pregnancy

9/5/15
    Second after severe bleeding for 18 weeks due to subchorionic hematoma

Currently
    Expecting Number 3 due 10/31/2020
  • Options
    Speaking as a therapist, what might have been different is that your therapist might not have been wearing pants. :)

Current pregnancy -