November 2020 Moms

March Symptoms

Re: March Symptoms

• Ughhh so bloated.  Any suggestions to help keep things moving?  I look like I'm 6 months pregnant vs 6 weeks....
  • So we went to the mall and I was clearly uncomfortable, even had my pants unbuttoned.  My husband ended up making me try on maternity clothes and oh my gosh guys. I felt so much better! This bloat is no joke! Anyone else so bloated they dont fit their clothes already?
  • Loading the player...
  • My sense of smell has exploded the past few days. Which is awful at work (physical therapist in a nursing home) and I almost puked when they started passing lunch trays with sauerkraut (which I normally like)
  • @ksdelong20 I am having the same issue. I work in skilled nursing facilities and the smell is just too much. My nausea is kicking in.
  • emmygbrownemmygbrown member
    edited March 2020
    I have only been incredibly tired and a few waves of nausea. I have also had random soreness all over my body but my boobs haven’t been sore at all.
  • Omg the fatigue has been really hitting me the last few days!!! I’ve been falling asleep on the couch every afternoon after I get home from work. Tonight, we took the kiddos to see Onward and I actually fell asleep during the movie!! That is NOT like me, lol. I don’t know how I’m going to make it 7 more weeks until the 2nd trimester, lol! 
  • 6w today and the bloat kicked in hard. Fatigue is definitely here, and waves of queasiness, but otherwise pretty ok!
    TW
    Me: 33 DH: 32
    Started Dating: 2003 Married: 2013
    Started TTC August 2016
    BFP: 2/1/17 MC: 2/8/17
    BFP: 3/8/17 MMC: 5/1/17
    BFP: 7/23/17 EDD: 4/5/18
    BFP: 2/27/20

• I have a little bit of brown spotting today. I know it can be normal and doesn’t necessarily mean anything is wrong but it still freaks me out!! I never spotted with either of my precious pregnancies. I did have some spotting two days before my BFP that looked the same as this so I’m hoping it’s just something minor. No cramping so far, and still have all my symptoms. Actual my today I feel the most nausea I’ve felt so far. Still I can’t help but freak out and we are getting on a plane to AZ tomorrow, I am so stressed! 
  • @kitkatz1990 I know too well the spotting worry. I think as long as it doesn't pick up or continues for more than a few days, not much to worry. If it does you may want to get checked up just in case.

In the mean time get some rest and drink a lot of water.
  • So the only symptoms I was experiencing were spotting, bloating and constipation.  I am doing (2) doses of Metamucil daily now and that seems to be helping on that front.  But seriously just yesterday the sore boobs started and the nausea started last night until about an hour ago.  WTF lol.  I didn't have symptoms this early with my DD, so of course I automatically think boy haha.  For all the girls with spotting too, when I was pregnant with my DD I didn't know until 10 weeks because the spotting I experienced this pregnancy I mistook for a light period. Sooo I truly believe it is totally normal! <3 
  • Started with just fatigue and bloat, now nausea and sore boobs too. I have to pee about every hour as well. Nausea comes and goes.  
  • The sore boooooobs! Maybe because I have small ones as is but my goodness! 
    @ksdelong20 and @mtengl I’m an occupational therapist that recently switched to working with children 0-18. My older kids and their stinky feet/BO might be what causes my first vomiting episode! Today was BAD
    Me: 27 DH: 30
    Started dating: 10/2010 ;; Married 10/2017
    Started TTC: 10/2019
    BFP: 12/20/19 ;; MC: 12/24/19
    BFP: 3/5/20 ;; EDD: 11/11/20
  • @lovelee3 and @mtengl the worst (?) part is trying to hide it from co-workers since it's so early. Once the pregnancy is public knowledge i have no issue using it as a reason to get help toileting patients 
  • To jump in on the spotting concerns, I just wanted to add that I had a few days of spotting (mostly brown, which is what I was told to look for) with DS early in the first trimester as well. It was definitely scary, and I'm sure I'll be freaked out if it happens again. But, to add to what others are saying, I just wanted to present another example of it happening, being normal, and all turning out well! 

I'm still just feeling the fatigue. I feel like I'm playing a horrible game of Russian roulette with the nausea though as it seems unlikely and too good to be true that I might just not have it this time!
  • Does anyone else get bright tiny bright red stuff the looks like fiber in their discharge. Its not enough for me to call it spotting but it definitely is blood just tiny like a fiber strand. Weird just want to see if anyone else had it only has happened twice.
  • My nausea kicked in yesterday. I started Unisom at night with B6 twice a day. I also had the doctor get me zofran this time around right away because I can’t be laid up after work with a 13 month old running around.
    I have had slight cramping today which always makes me nervous but nothing terrible. 
  • The emotions!! I am not normally an emotional person but when I was on the plane coming back home today, I watched His Dark Materials and there was a particularly sad scene and right as it was happening, the flight attendants came up with the drink cart lol. I had to quickly pull myself together! Then I played the rest of the scene on mute and looked out the window until it was over lol. I’ve read the books and knew it was coming and it still got me! 
  • @kitkatz1990 my emotions are a mess too!! It is one of my biggest symptoms  :D
  • Sore boobs, I’m tired all day, lots of bloating and pressure. I only get nauseous if I don’t eat early enough.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • 7w0d, today was an abrupt shift from on and off queasiness and nausea, to bottomless-pit hunger. Just finished eating? Still hungry. Uncomfortable from being too full and way bloated? Also still hungry. 
    TW
    Started TTC August 2016

• I was hoping that I'd be one of those ladies who didn't get much for morning sickness...no such luck! And no surprise as my sisters always have pretty rough days with morning sickness. It started at 5 weeks😝 BUT, on the bright side, I was chatting with my mom last night and she said that she had heard once (i dont have a medical source for this so feel free to do your own research)that when pregnant, the stomach digestion speeds up (hence the need to eat like every two hours) and the bowels slow down causing constipation. And as we know, constipation can cause nausea. I'm really hoping that with this bit of information, I can eat easy to digest foods and my nausea won't be so bad! That got kind of long but has anyone else had a similar experience? Our bodies are all so different but I'd love to hear others experiences on what you would do to combat nausea during the first trimester!
  • @hedgepig I had an episode like that yesterday. I finished eating lunch and felt like I didn't eat at all
  • @hedgepig this has been me. Not much nausea or food aversions... just hungry all. of. the. time. I am going to gain so much weight if this doesn't go away  :s
  • @bserena Right? I'm seriously side-eyeing the recs to not gain any weight during first trimester...

Also on the symptoms list - the bloat has gotten way extreme here. I'm unbuttoning my pants by 3 or 4 pm, and by bedtime I seriously look 5 or 6 months pregnant. Good thing I don't have to see anyone because there's no sucking that in...
    TW
    Started TTC August 2016

• hedgepig said:
    @bserena Right? I'm seriously side-eyeing the recs to not gain any weight during first trimester...

Also on the symptoms list - the bloat has gotten way extreme here. I'm unbuttoning my pants by 3 or 4 pm, and by bedtime I seriously look 5 or 6 months pregnant. Good thing I don't have to see anyone because there's no sucking that in...
    Two weeks ago I think I’d already gained two pounds. Usually I gain 25-30 lbs. I’m already showing a little bit. Craziness. I’m just going to try to keep eating and be balanced. 
  • Nausea seems to be on again off again (so different!). Then I want ALL the spicy food. I INHALED kimchi with dinner tonight (totally didn’t go with the curry I made). 

I’m SO emotional. DH turned on a ballet for our oldest daughter to watch (yay social distancing said no one ever).  I feel so bad for her spring break. As soon as the ballet started, I literally started bawling my eyes out. He hid a smile and changed it. The emotional state is EXHAUSTING. 
  • kelk5kelk5 member
    I'm surprised I haven't started vomiting yet. I just hit 6 weeks and usually by this time I get sick anytime I move around for more than 15 minutes. But so far I'm just light headed, exhausted, some naseau, a few head aches, and more emotional. My pregnancies have all been rough with vomiting lasting through week 32 and meds only reducing not eliminating. I was so worried I hadn't gotten sick yet that I took another test this morning, nice dark line.
  • So my OB put me on progesterone yesterday and I took it last night for the first time... holy hot flashes! It was miserable. I should've waited until I was actually falling asleep to take it, now I know better. I did not feel good at all. I hope my body adjusts and I don't feel that way every night because I really won't be getting any sleep.
  • I’m feeling nauseous AND hungry at the same time!! It’s so annoying. I feel like I get super full really fast too and as soon as I’m done eating I feel nauseous for like 30 minutes and then I am starving again but I don’t feel like eating! Ugh lol. 

@bserena ah man, I’ve heard progesterone can be rough! I hope your body adjusts ASAP! 
  • kelk5kelk5 member
    @bserena I've taken progesterone with my pregnancies before and will be starting it after it gets delivered today. I always took it right before bed. You said it was tyour first time taking it so I'll add a bit of my experience. If your doctor didn't warn you, it can make the nausea and constipation worse. On top of my prenatal and progesterone my CNM has me take magnesium, up to 1,000mg daily max. I usually take a 400mg pill at night and increase to 800mg as needed (I'll split it between morning and evening when taking 800mg). Might be worth asking your OB about if they didn't talk about the side effects.  
  • @kelk5 I met with a different OB yesterday because it was an emergency visit and my OB wasn't available. She really didn't tell me anything about the side effects, so I didn't know what to expect. I will be meeting with my OB next Wednesday though so I'll get to discuss it with her then. Thank you for your response!
  • I'm bloated and tired. Also, I have started to have to drink prune juice. I did last time as well and totally forgot about having to drink it for the first few months. 

• mamacaramamacara member
    edited March 2020
    March 17 I was hit like a train. Woke up nauseous peeing AT LEAST every 2 hours, gagging, intense food aversion, my nipples are painful, breasts full I’m gassy and still crampy Sex is a bit painful, my burps taste like puke, force feeding myself, soreness when I cough. smoked for years and stopped just before I knew I was pregnant because I didn’t like it anymore suddenly. I only want water and I’m not a water drinker AT ALL. I’m barely pregnant, seriously?
  • knottienumbers... oh man! It sure is a lot! By the way, it is much easier for us to all get to know each other if you change your username :)
  • I am so sick already 🤢🤢🤢 I threw up nearly everyday with my daughter so I am worried it will happen again. I am having severe sleepiness. Already having round ligament pain, bloat, moodiness, and I feel like my boobs are going to fall off. I am still nursing my 13 month old so that has been interesting. I feel like between growing a human,  throwing up and feeding a human I have no nutrients left for myself. 
  • I'm 7w6d with my first pregnancy and my worst symptom is nausea. It seems to be alleviated by eating, but is definitely worse at night and I have strong food aversions (won't let my husband even say the word "sweet potatoes"). I'm taking B6 as suggested by my midwife. Not sure if it's helping? Threw up for the first time last night 🤢. Also having breast pain, moodiness, fatigue, sensitivity to smells. I'm off work right now due to COVID-19, so I'm grateful for the rest. It would be brutal to take care of patients feeling like this. Love hearing how you're all doing! 
  • The symptoms are starting! Still early days, but boobs are starting to get sore. Today I had my first wave of nausea. My usual bowl of cereal sounds disgusting, but I could totally go for a big breakfast burrito! 
  • Ladies, so glad I have all of you and reading about your experiences as I am going through this for the first time. 
    I am 6w and 2d and up until 2 days ago I barely had any sumptoms, just sore boobs and often peeing.
    Oh my gosh how nauseousness hit me! I am fine if I sit or lie down, but if I stand up I get nauseous,  right after when I eat I get super nauseous. Yesterday also I got a mild headache that returned this morning.  And the fatigue today has been the real deL - woke up at 8.30, had some food in bed and then kept napping until 1pm 😳😳😳 No energy lol 
  • Full on nausea hits at about 8:30 pm the last couple nights. Which is my alone time with hubby. Now I'm just crawling into bed.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Nausea randomly throughout the day and my boobs are so swollen and sore. Fatigue hits randomly and I cant handle heat right now (pregnant in Orlando is wonderful 🙃)

The worst thing for me is insomnia right now. I fall asleep no problem but I wake up at 2am almost every night and cant fall back asleep until around 4am. I typically go to bed around 9pm, but I have tried going to bed earlier and later. We even switched mattresses with our guest room as I keep waking up with back pain and thought that would help. Anybody else going through this? Any tips?