October 2020 Moms

Week 1 (Oct. 1-7) Checkin, Week of 3/16

Estimated due date (EDD):

Week of pregnancy: 

Upcoming Appointments:

Rant/Rave:

Questions:

GTKY: What are you biggest concerns about COVID-19, and how is affecting life where you live?
Current pregnancy -
First BFP on 1/4/22.  Due date 9/13/22.

Four prior losses, no living children - 1 first trimester miscarriage, 1 blighted ovum, 1 chemical, and one extreme premature live birth daughter who died at 15 days old.

Re: Week 1 (Oct. 1-7) Checkin, Week of 3/16

• Estimated due date (EDD): 10/7

Week of pregnancy: 10+6

Upcoming Appointments: US 3/30, OB checkup 3/31

Rant/Rave:  I’d been saying for over a week that I was craving a donut from a particular donut shop, and the other day my husband woke up early and went and got one for me. ...On the other hand this is the same man that wouldn’t buy the only available whole milk from the grocery store when we were out because he doesn’t like that brand... 🙄

Questions: Pregnancy-related insomnia—is this a thing?? Why am I waking up in the middle of the night and lying awake for hours?! I just want to sleep... 😭

GTKY: What are you biggest concerns about COVID-19, and how is affecting life where you live? Oh my. I live in Seattle. Life is weird. My grandma died last week and now we can’t have a memorial for her beyond family. My brother and sister aren’t flying home for it. I have to think twice about the safety of going to the grocery store. But even when I get to the grocery store, they are out of everything!!!! But really, my biggest concerns are for my vulnerable family members. My aunt and uncle are in their 80s. A few years ago my uncle had a heart valve replaced, and then caught pneumonia and nearly died then. His lungs still haven’t fully recovered. This could kill him. Another aunt is in her 60s and had already had 2 heart attacks in her life. My dad is 70 and has diabetes. My nephew is 1 and has Down syndrome, immune issues, and respiratory issues. I worry for all of them. 😞
  • Estimated due date (EDD): Oct. 18th

Week of pregnancy: I am 9+2 today

Upcoming Appointments: First US on Monday March 23rd

Rant/Rave: My biggest pregnancy symptom this week is hunger and annoyance. Every little thing is annoying. I went to five different locations looking for toilet paper last night, which made me late getting home, which meant i was f*cking STARVING by the time I walked through the door at almost 8pm. I then went off on MH about how I hope that the people who bought out all of the toilet paper and Lysol wipes and other 'essential' items are proud of themselves, that it makes them feel rich or somehow better than everyone else, and that I hope that despite their efforts they STILL get the damn coronavirus. I then apologized to him for being a crazy pregnant lady, and he fed me ravioli with marinara to calm me down.

Questions: Nah

GTKY: What are you biggest concerns about COVID-19, and how is affecting life where you live? I'm in the military (customer service) and I don't think my command is taking this very seriously. Until the CDC or WHO comes out with guidance specifically telling pregnant military service members to work from home for x amount of weeks, then most likely I'll be expected to come in. Thankfully, my command has authorized me to work from home today and Thursday this week, at least. We'll see what next week holds, fingers crossed.
    Me: 37 / DH: 41
    Due with baby #2: Feb 2022

• Loading the player...
  • *lurking from week 3*
    @baseballismyfavoriteseason unisom (the doxylamine version) has worked wonders for my sleep. I'm on the combo with B6 for nausea but it really improved my pregnancy insomnia as well. Perfectly safe for pregnancy too.
  • @carrotsandpeas3 Thanks for the suggestion. I have a nurse friend that recommended that to me too. I just keep forgetting to add it to the list for my husband when he goes to the store. 
  • Estimated due date (EDD): 10/6

Week of pregnancy: 11!

Upcoming Appointments: 4/1 for the NT scan

Rant/Rave: so thankful we still have our nanny 

Questions: nada

GTKY: What are you biggest concerns about COVID-19, and how is affecting life where you live? Where to start...I worry about my parents because they are in Italy on full lockdown. They are healthy and literally leaving the house once a week but if they were to be hospitalized I don't know how I would even get in contact. Then I worry I won't be able to go before giving birth. We had planned to be there in June but now who knows? August might be too late...my county is on lockdown although not in a shelter in place situation. I'm just worried about all my friends whose jobs are on the line and about people who are already struggling health wise. This sucks! I also hope people start taking it seriously because Italy did the same with slow closures and now they are totally overwhelming the healthcare system
  • Estimated due date (EDD):10/7

Week of pregnancy: 11

Upcoming Appointments: Friday!

Rant/Rave: Sleep issues are the worst. Vivid dreams, having to get up to pee, and I had two nights of staring at the ceiling at 3 am for 2 hours for no apparent reason. So @baseballismyfavoriteseason I feel your pain.

GTKY: What are your biggest concerns about COVID-19, and how is it affecting life where you live? My biggest concern is for those whose jobs are being lost or severely affected as a result of shutdowns. There's no clear end to this. I'm a teacher and we're home for 3 weeks, which is a huge interruption to education, but at least my job is safe.
  • Estimated due date (EDD): 10/04/20

Upcoming Appointments: today! 

Rant/Rave: Got an ultrasound to see my growing baby today. It was assuring to know that the baby is on track and kicking/swimming away like crazy. 

Questions: can’t think of any right now. 

GTKY: What are you biggest concerns about COVID-19, and how is affecting life where you live? Biggest concerns I have at the moment is the treatment options for pregnant women who do test positive for COVID-19. I manage an accounting department so I am in some contact with individuals who do not show any signs of being sick at this time. 
  • @morethanamama Sorry to hear about your parents—that would be so scary. Glad they are in good health and hoping they stay that way!!

@homeport17 Yessss the dreams. 😩 I’ve always been one for vivid dreams though. Ever since the boat in the Jungle Cruise in WDW sank (not that I’m ANYWHERE near there) I’ve been having dreams about amusement park rides flooding and my babies getting washed away. 

Upcoming Appointments: 3/30

Rant/Rave: can’t seem to keep anything down. Everything makes me sick just thinking about it. I have all food aversions! 

Questions: none 

GTKY: What are you biggest concerns about COVID-19, and how is affecting life where you live? I’m in education, so mostly wondering how my students are doing and what the rest of the school year looks like.
  • Estimated due date (EDD): 10/5

Upcoming Appointments: Tuesday 3/24 is my second appt. 

Rant/Rave: just found out a couple we’re friends with is expecting too. I’m excited to know someone else pregnant IRL. 

Questions: none

GTKY: What are you biggest concerns about COVID-19, and how is affecting life where you live?
    My work said I can’t come in. It was interesting because they said if you’re immunocompromised or elderly you’re encouraged to work from home but it’s your choice, but if you’re pregnant you don’t have the choice. So I’m pretty much staying home all the time except for going on a walk every day. In terms of emotions I range from a nervous wreck to relatively okay, it’s hour by hour really. I’m most worried about me getting it and miscarrying or having a negative impact on the baby (from having a high fever), and about my mom getting it and dying. She’s pretty healthy but is 68.
  • amandarenee89amandarenee89 member
    edited March 2020
    Estimated due date (EDD): 10/7

Upcoming Appointments: 3/27

Rant/Rave: honestly not hating being at home right now. We are saving money from not eating out too (which we do a lot)

Questions:

GTKY: What are you biggest concerns about COVID-19, and how is affecting life where you live? I work sales in a hotel and we are basically the last hotel in my region that has yet to furlough their entire sales team. I think it’s coming this week honestly. I really hope they do furlough us instead of laying us off because then I can keep my insurance which I obviously need right now. Thankfully I have another option for insurance through my husbands employer but it’s really expensive to add me to his and mine has better coverage. 

Upcoming Appointments: ultrasound and meeting with the perinatologist on 3/27

Rant/Rave: I have the crazy dreams too! And also not enough sleep- I wake up like, 5 times a night!

GTKY: What are you biggest concerns about COVID-19, and how is affecting life where you live? We’re both working from home right now and I don’t love it. My anxiety is out of control too- I’m so afraid of getting it. I wish our state would be on some sort of lockdown/shelter in place. People are out partying and it drives me crazy.
    Me: 29, DH: 29
    TTC since: 2/13
    Long, anovulatory cycles
    Began fertility testing 12/13
    Ultrasound and bloodwork: Everything looks good (according to my ob/gyn)
    HSG: waiting to schedule
    SA: scheduled with RE for 1/6/14