1st Trimester
Options

Heating pad, please help!

Hi girls! I am almost 6 weeks pregnant. I am crying all day today worrying that I did something bad. I am very sleep deprived lately and wake up 7-10 time per night, plus now urge to pee started. So, for the past few days i would heat up heating pad on low (1 level), turn it off and put it on my butt. The warmth calms me down and i dont pee as much. Well this morning i put heating pad on my butt while laying on a side and dosed off before turning it off . I woke up from the hot feeling in my buttocks. I jumped off the bed immediately, measured my temperature and it was only 99.1 so core temp didn't raise. Idk how long i dosed off for but assume not for long. Usually heating pad becomes very hot and than the heat drops and its just slightly warm, so hopefully i dosed off for a few minutes since when i woke up my butt was hot like it just started heating up. I did call doc and she said its unlikely to damage the baby but i am still worrying like crazy and crying all day for doing something stupid like that. Any advice to help me calm down. Thank you!

Re: Heating pad, please help!

• Options
    babichka said:
    Hi girls! I am almost 6 weeks pregnant. I am crying all day today worrying that I did something bad. I am very sleep deprived lately and wake up 7-10 time per night, plus now urge to pee started. So, for the past few days i would heat up heating pad on low (1 level), turn it off and put it on my butt. The warmth calms me down and i dont pee as much. Well this morning i put heating pad on my butt while laying on a side and dosed off before turning it off . I woke up from the hot feeling in my buttocks. I jumped off the bed immediately, measured my temperature and it was only 99.1 so core temp didn't raise. Idk how long i dosed off for but assume not for long. Usually heating pad becomes very hot and than the heat drops and its just slightly warm, so hopefully i dosed off for a few minutes since when i woke up my butt was hot like it just started heating up. I did call doc and she said its unlikely to damage the baby but i am still worrying like crazy and crying all day for doing something stupid like that. Any advice to help me calm down. Thank you!
    I wouldn’t worry. There is absolutely nothing that you can do about it now and IF something were to happen this would not be the reason. Don’t beat yourself up over something you a) did by accident b) no longer have any control over and c) have already been reassured by a medical professional is not likely to have been harmful.
    DD1: June '16 DD2: March ‘19 :::: Married since 2011 :::: USN Wife ::::
  • Options
    Women run higher fevers than that when pregnant, and baby is fine. Your doc already said baby is fine.  I would trust my soc, as they have seen/heard much worse than a heating pad.  
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I think you're fine. I had the flu when I first got pregnant and my temp stayed around 101. I'm 19 weeks now and baby is fine. Worrying will do nothing but freak you out. Take some deep breaths and calm down. 
  • Options
    Yes the doc said the core temperature needs to rise, and even then the chance of damage she said is so low. But i am blaming my self for being so stupid. I cant believe i did it :(.  
  • Options
    babichka said:
    Yes the doc said the core temperature needs to rise, and even then the chance of damage she said is so low. But i am blaming my self for being so stupid. I cant believe i did it :(.  
    You didn’t DO anything. You fell asleep and rolled over. Baby is fine. You can’t change it now. Forgive yourself and move on. There will be thousands of other decisions you’ll make, some of which you may regret. But dwelling on them only detracts from your current joy.
    DD1: June '16 DD2: March ‘19 :::: Married since 2011 :::: USN Wife ::::
  • Options
    I didnt roll over. It stayed on my buttocks all the time. I put it on my behind to help relax the urge to run to pee. I woke up laying on a side and heating pad was still on my buttocks, didn't touch my belly. I am worried that i was under blanket and it could have trapped the heat and warmed up my belly too. Although i measured my temperature when got up and it was normal, not elevated.