October 2020 Moms

Randoms w/o 3/16

Man it feels slooowwww in here! No new weekly threads started this Monday. What’s everyone been up to? I’m guessing with most kids home due to COVID that most our STM are busy busy and I also have noticed a bunch of nurses in the group so you guys are swamped as well. 

Re: Randoms w/o 3/16

• I sent the boy out to social distance me a chicken sandwich from Popeye's.
    Current pregnancy -
    First BFP on 1/4/22.  Due date 9/13/22.

Four prior losses, no living children - 1 first trimester miscarriage, 1 blighted ovum, 1 chemical, and one extreme premature live birth daughter who died at 15 days old.

• I hadn’t jumped on the “buy all the things” band wagon so I finally went out and got a little selection of canned goods, frozen foods and pantry food. I didn’t want to be caught with nothing if the lockdown gets any more strict here and we’re stuck at the house for an extended time.
  • Loading the player...
  • It’s so slow here but I completely get it. 
    I also haven’t jumped on the buy everything wagon but mostly because I can barely handle being in the store without gagging. 
    England has finally put out some guidelines and is suggesting everyone stay home especially pregnant women. But so far nothing is closed and schools are still open. 
    One of my favorite independent coffee shops made a post about how they are scared they will lose their business due to this so I’m going to try to get there and purchase a few items today and maybe this weekend. 

I hope everyone is staying healthy. 
    Me: 27 DH: 27
    Married 6/15/13
    BFP #1 5/8/16, EDD 12/31/16- DD born 9/10/16 at 24 weeks 
    ~In our hearts forever~
    BFP #2 10/14/17, EDD 7/1/18

• I'm honestly so stressed and anxious right now with everything going on, I'm trying to stay off my phone more,s I haven't been around as much. Have my ultrasound today though so I'm excited and nervous and just so ready to get some positive confirmation!
  • Also stressed and anxious here, and working from home with a toddler who is nap striking. Yesterday was rough and ended with me in tears, and I didn't even make it until she was asleep, I started crying while reading her books. And that made me feel worse because she's so concerned and confused when I cry. Ugh.
    Me: 29 || DH: 29
    TTC #1 4/2016 || dx NIR PCOS 7/2016 || BFP 4/2017
    DD - 12/28/17 <3

TTC #2 3/2019
    BFP 5/2019 || MC - D&C 5/2019
    BFP 2/2020 || EDD 10/10/2020
  • JLaVO888JLaVO888 member
    edited March 2020
    This is technically my spring break so I haven’t had to start the working from home yet. But next week will begin my working from home with a 4 year old and a 1 year old. It’s going to get interesting. The guidelines on going out are getting stricter by the day so I’m just waiting for a total shut down on pretty much everything. 
  • Not going to lie I’ve definitely got way more supplies and food than we need right now.  And I’m glad I do.  I live in the epicenter of the virus (WA) and things are very hard to come by right now.  Plus my base has gone to mission essential personnel only,  of which I’m not because I’m a high risk pregnant lady so I’m home now for an indeterminate amount if time with my daughter.  
  • I'm military, and my base has not yet gone to mission-essential personnel only, but it's only a matter of time. It'll be a tough call to make, since my base is a training center, so we'll see. They just emailed out guidance on social distancing at our dining facility, and have cut out the eggs-to-order station at breakfast and the salad bar at lunch, so it's getting pretty serious.

I mentioned this in my weekly group check-in, but I feel like my command isn't taking this very seriously. Maybe because I'm not showing yet or what, but I have to keep reminding them that I'm pregnant and therefore, need to take extra precautions since my immune system is compromised. So far, the best I've gotten is coming in every other day. I think that's pretty much all I'll get unless the CDC or WHO puts out specific guidance stating that pregnant service members are to stay home for a certain amount of weeks. All I've seen so far, though, are reports from the Daily Mirror in the UK about Boris Johnson advising pregnant women to self-monitor at home for 12 weeks, but again, that's the UK and the Daily Mirror is tabloid-y, so we'll see.
    Me: 37 / DH: 41
    Due with baby #2: Feb 2022

• I'm struggling to try to figure out how to disinfect everything without access to any bleach or disinfecting wipes etc. I'm just washing all our groceries with soap and water and using vinegar for all the door handles etc. I admire the preppers who prepare for disasters every day, at least somewhat. Are any of you guys having trouble finding disinfectant too? 
  • @kalesix3 I lucked into a bunch of cleaning stuff at my local military commissary this past weekend.  I bought a bunch of Lysol and wipes.  Plus I tend to buy too much stuff anyway so I already had a bunch of cleaner on hand.  I’m afraid of an earthquake out here and every since I had my daughter I’ve always kept at least 2-4 weeks worth of stuff on hand.  I always had extra formula and loads of diapers.  And now it’s mostly things to keep our pantry full plus common medicines.  If push comes to shove I can make lots of things from scratch as well because I’m an avid baker and always have loads of flour, sugar, and all other baking related supplies on hand. 
  • In MA schools are closed for 3 weeks, so we've been trying to navigate that. We've been getting outside every chance we can because we're already feeling the cabin fever. My DD has a cold, but blessedly nothing more than normal. 

She's upstairs playing the Frozen II soundtrack, and I just ugly cried to "Show Yourself". Yay hormones.
  • My OB is moving entirely to phone appointments until further notice, starting today, which happened to be my first appointment with a doctor, not just consult. Luckily, I had a dating ultrasound last friday and was able to see the little baby and strong heartbeat!!! She was happy with everything she saw. She told me that there is a lot of uncertainty around what to expect with future visits and that there is a possibility I may not be allowed in for my 20 week anatomy scan, but things are still uncertain now. I am trying so hard not to panic and am, for the first time, so so glad for my irregular cycles which allowed me to have the dating ultrasound last week. Today would have been my first ultrasound if not for that. She told me that I sound like "an easy going gal", but honestly I am so panicked on the inside! I am sure she is being berated by so many angry/scared/emotional people right now and I truly feel for both sides, I don't want to make her job harder by being emotional when I do understand the precautions. On one hand I feel like I'm being robbed of some milestone experiences like hearing the heartbeat for the first time and stuff, but in the end people all throughout the world and time have given birth to beautiful healthy babies without ever seeing them on ultrasound/ hearing a heartbeat, etc. Just trying to come to terms with possibly having that kind of hands-off pregnancy is intimidating as a modern woman.

I'm so sorry for this rant, but I have been avoiding these feelings for awhile now and I feel like my phone appointment this morning was a tipping point! Had to get that out. I hope you're all hanging in there, stay strong and try to find moments of peace throughout your day.

• @ginevere wow please don’t apologize, that is definitely something to have feelings over! Have you thought about calling other practices to see if they’re adopting the same protocol? 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • @Kurtni Not a bad idea, but there aren't a lot if options around here. I was honestly thinking of looking into some birthing centers/midwives because I am a little worried about what the hospital situations might look like in October on the off chance things get worse. I think I'm just being paranoid.

I really like this OB. They're the only place within 50 miles of where I live and they're already about 30 minutes away from my house, about 5 minutes away from work. Pretty much every clinic affiliated with the Hospital here is operating under the same protocol. I'm definitely not a high risk patient so I wonder if they might be more proactive about setting up appointments for people in different circumstances. I hope so anyway. I hope everyone else is having better luck than me with their clinics!
  • Hi! Question for all but specially for FTM since I'm sure you don't have maternity clothes yet. I feel that my pants are getting tight (I'm always hungry now!) and I was thinking I may need new pants by mid April.  Most stores in my area are starting to close due to COVID and I don't really have a belly yet, how do I do this? What are some good online stores? I never liked shopping clothes online, I like to try things on first. Did you prepare for this?
  • @ginevere I’m truly sorry and feel all the feels for you. I’m waiting for mine to call any day and say my appointments are cancelled too. My first isn’t until April 9th so there is a real possibility of that happening since things are going to get worse before they get better. Just riding the waves of this odd time. 
  • @glupglup kohl’s online is a good option.  Pink blush online is a good option too.  I’m a STM and put my maternity uniform on at 7 weeks.  I’m bloated and uncomfortable so why not!   For me last go round I bought my size in normal clothes for maternity stuff but that was only okay until I’d gained like 20lbs. Then stuff didn’t fit.   I’m naturally a little fluffy so if you’re like me maybe go up a size 🤷🏻‍♀️
  • @ginevere Feeling the same. My NT scan is supposed to be Monday, and I learned today that DH can't go because DD is home from daycare and no one under 12 is permitted. But...tonight our governor announced restrictions on non-emergent procedures to conserve masks and gloves so now I'm betting it's cancelled. I saw a tiny heartbeat flicker four weeks ago...but my last pregnancy ended with a loss and was really counting on this appointment to help my anxiety.
    Me: 29 || DH: 29
    TTC #1 4/2016 || dx NIR PCOS 7/2016 || BFP 4/2017
    DD - 12/28/17 <3

TTC #2 3/2019
    BFP 5/2019 || MC - D&C 5/2019
    BFP 2/2020 || EDD 10/10/2020
  • @anitamargarita_82 nobody I know is in the military, hopefully Amazon will restock soon 🤞
  • @glupglup, a lot of my clothes are from Old Navy and are true to my non pregnant size.
    Thredup also has a large maternity section of used clothes. 

@m@MJDsquared, FX your US doesn’t get cancelled. 

I’m a bit nervous about going to my appointments. I need a cerclage placed in about a month so I cannot avoid the hospital. I’m torn between getting a babysitter for DS or having MH come home and watch him which will suck because MH likes going to my appts with me.

Me: 27 DH: 27
    Married 6/15/13
    BFP #1 5/8/16, EDD 12/31/16- DD born 9/10/16 at 24 weeks 
    ~In our hearts forever~
    BFP #2 10/14/17, EDD 7/1/18

• @MJDsquared I hope they let you come in for an ultrasound, I can imagine the anxiety you must be feeling. If they don't get you in, try to just keep thinking of the precious little heartbeat you saw and focus on it still humming away in there ❤

@glupglup my clothes started feeling tight around 7 weeks so I did end up ordering some things from both motherhood maternity and old navy in my regular size. Maternity clothes can be hard to find in store anyway. They are all a little big for now, but the leggings I bought from motherhood are really nice. I have also bought some stretchy waisted linen-type pants that aren't maternity, I just sized up and they have been super comfortable. Luckily I had a couple pairs of work pants that were always on the big side so that's what I have been wearing to work.

The silver lining to this virus is now that I am being forced to stay at home due to work closure I can just wear pajamas all day and it's excellent! I am hoping by the time I return to work the maternity pants I bought will fit better.... my coworkers will be in for a big surprise since I hadn't told anyone before we closed. I don't think I'll be able to hide the bump for too much longer. 
  • I freaking hate pregnancy hormones. That combined with all the stress from covid and when MIL was here she put all our medicines on top of the fridge so I forgot to take my Zoloft for a few days so I’m hitting a huge slump the last few days. My small close group (5 moms) of March 16 moms remembered every birthday except my daughters and I’m being over sensitive about it. I just feel like I can cry at the top of a hat lately. 
  • @JLaVO888 The stress and uncertainty right now just makes things that much harder to deal with. Go easy on yourself, things are really hard and scary! I started crying in the grocery store yesterday. I must have just missed the toilet paper delivery because the aisle was still empty and almost everyone had a package in their cart. It can help to find someone to talk to. I talked to my MIL yesterday and she helped calm me down a lot about most of my concerns. It's so important to reach out for support right now, anyway you can. I feel like everyone is really struggling in their own way right now and we all need eachother for a little love and encouragement.
  • Well, we officially decided to pull my DD from daycare for the time being. We kept saying "there's no way they they will stay open much longer," but that didn't seem to be happening, so we had to make the decision ourselves. DH and I will both be working from home for the next two weeks, so we will manage those weeks together and go from there. I'm sort of terrified of having her home all day because I suck at keeping her entertained and have a short fuse. 😬 It seemed like the right decision for us health-wise at this point though. 
  • @carrotsandpeas3 I’m on day 4 of having my daughter home with me.  Trying to keep her entertained is a nightmare.   We can’t go anywhere.  The parks are closed.  Nowhere is safe to take her.   Suffice to say the struggle is beyond real when you’re exhausted and nauseous.  
  • @anitamargarita_82 I'm sure I will be there in a few days. I will have DH with me and we plan to give each other breaks to go work in peace, so I'm hoping that helps with the insanity of it. In two weeks, he goes onto night shift though. So, not only will I not have his help, I will have to try to keep a 19 mo quiet so he can sleep. 🤪
  • @glupglup Old Navy also does free returns/exchanges if something doesn't fit.  I'm with you on being iffy about online shopping, especially when I'm not my regular size.
  • Well my husband blabbed to his aunt that I’m pregnant.  I’m livid.  I can’t stand the woman and she’ll tell everyone she knows.  Pregnancy rage is real right now.  
  • We’ve kept the kids home too. I’ve survived my first week just barley. DH is still having GT I go to work so it’s just me. Monday my spring break is over so I’ll also be adding teaching from home into the mix. The fatigue is consuming me already too. 
  • edited March 2020
    My husband and I heard on a Monday they were closing the airport in Chad & we had three days to exit. We booked a flight and attempted to get on but from the moment the President of Chad gave the notice... no planes arrived and therefore none left. We are stranded here. No planes and all land borders are closed... so medical and food supplies are dwindling. We were able to stock up and email/call our embassy but only automated emails right now in response. Trying not to panic at the idea of no planes coming for us and me needing to deliver in Chad Africa. Babies are born every day here... but my FTM heart is full of hormones that aren’t helping me stay my normal steady self

in light of the evacuation our entire company found out we were pregnant. I had to tell my parents (waiting to tell them until their visit in april) in the midst of the crisis that we were coming home... CV19 feels like its stealing some of the joy in telling our people.

Sorry I’m complaining so much... just not doing great over here. 
  • @courtneyjoy247 wow, that is certainly ALOT to be dealing with right now, I can't even imagine the stress you must be feeling being so far from home. I know it has been hard not to go into over-thinking mode with all of the "what-ifs". I hope you are able to stay calm while waiting this out, but remember it's okay to feel the way you do. Being a FTM is scary enough on top of all this.
  • @courtneyjoy247 that has to be especially scary and overwhelming. Hugs! 

Hugs to everyone while I’m at it. 
  • @courtneyjoy247 you have every right to feel everything you do right now.  I cannot even imagine. Just try to take it one day at a time.  Obviously I can’t tell the future, but I have a feeling things will start to get less crazy by summer and that you will eventually able to get home before baby’s arrival.

Regardless, know we are here to support you all that we can!
  • @courtneyjoy247 Oh my gosh, I can't even imagine. Your venting is totally justified. Is there any way you can find a way out of the country in the next couple of weeks? Sending you strength and hugs!

@carrotsandpeas3 we are the same person. Love my son but I struggle if I have to keep him entertained all day. 

My NIPT is still processing:( I got excited for a call from my OB on Thursday but it was to discuss the bloodwork (everything looked good). Fingers crossed for Monday!

We are shelter in place in California. H and I did a bunch of chores today and had a socially distanced "happy hour" with our neighbors across the street, lawn chairs 6 ft away and all! Not looking forward to 3 days of rain 😔 today was beautiful!
  • I’ve been thinking we should start our first round of HDBD this coming week. I do think it’s a bit early for some, if not all, but I know most of us are sporting the bloat something fierce and HDBD is a really fun post to look forward to. With all the uncertainty and worry it would be really nice to start adding some fun and love to the board. I think even if we are just posting mostly bloat pics it will be a mood booster and spirit lifter around here. We need a little reminder to relish in the excitement of this experience. 

Maybe we could also do a meme Monday with no COVID related memes allowed so it can be an escape from that since the rest of our digital lives are flooded with it. 

Thankful Thursday is also a weekly that I’ve seen done that we may want to start as well. 
  • @JLaVO888 I probably won't participate in HDBD for a bit as I'm only 9 weeks, but feel free to start it! I love the other two thread ideas as well.
  • @JLaVO888 those sound fun. I think having a space to stay excited and positive is important for all of us right now. 
  • edited March 2020
    That sounds like fun... Great way to focus on the positives that life has right now. 

Thanks yall for your support. I am much steadier today - feeling hope that a plane will come in the next few months. Trudeau (I’m Canadian) says he’s sending planes & we just wrote the Americans embassy to see if when they expatriate we could be considered for two seats. Learning that advocating for my lil ones health starts early... and means patience persistence! Today, I have faith that a plane will come...
  • @courtneyjoy247 you have a good attitude about it all, and yes! Advocate for yourself and that little bean. 

We just received notice from the health department that my family is under orders to self quarantine for the next 14 days. Two teachers from DDs daycare have presumptive COVID. All families that attended last week are included in the quarantine. It doesn't really change our plans for the next two weeks, but definitely makes it all more scary and close to home. 
  • I’ve been MIA for the past week mostly because my app wouldn’t work. I’m a nurse in a very busy peds urgent care and it has been pretty terrifying. We have a good system down now, but our area is starting to really ramp up positive cases so I told all of my coworkers I’m pregnant. 

Positive news, I have a doppler from DD1 and found baby’s HB in the 170s. I haven’t had any ultrasounds so I really needed the reassurance. I have my first one plus a genetics/MFM appt on the 1st, but I’m nervous it will get canceled with everything going on.