SO
SD (11/2010)
DD1 (09/2014)
DD2 (10/2015)
Baby Girl #4 (11/2020)

Re: Weekend Randoms

• Ecat504Ecat504 member
    edited March 2020
    My dad is coming by for an unplanned visit he’ll be here in less than an hour. I’m not prepared or in the mood for company 🙄
    ECat504
    SO
    SD (11/2010)
    DD1 (09/2014)
    DD2 (10/2015)
    Baby Girl #4 (11/2020)
  • @ecat504 that's annoying.. hopefully it's a short visit! I've spent the entire day in bed watching the walking dead... its glorious!
  • Loading the player...
  • Well, we told our parents and DH’s grandparents this weekend. We were originally going to wait until after we saw the dr but with everything that’s going on, we said screw it. They were all very surprised but excited! We had been telling everyone we were DONE for the last 4 or so years lol. I’m still going to wait to tell the kids until after the doctor though. I want to be able to show them the ultrasound pics. I can’t wait to tell them! 
  • @Ecat504 I had an uncle who used to do that. “I’m on your street can I stop by?”...No! The house is a mess!!!!

@kitkatz1990 yay babies! Is it too private to ask how many babies you have? This is (hopefully) our 4th and last. 

My weekend random is...I swear my kids are better at this social distancing thing than me. I miss people! 
  • @Ecat504 😩 my mom does that a lot. And it’s always at the most inopportune time!

my weekend random is... I’m now working from home because of COVID-19. I picked up OT today and pretty much got paid for several hours and only had 3/4 calls (I work for a large health insurance company). So I worked out while waiting 😜
  • @name1109 this will be our 3rd and last!! My kiddos are 7 and 5, and they have been begging us for another baby for like 2 years! I can’t WAIT to tell them! 
  • I have not told DH 😱 it’s a stressful time for us all and I want it to be a bit memorable. I’ve made him a card to reveal April Fools Day for a little fun 😂
  • @mamacara wow! I admire you haha. There is no way I could wait to tell DH.
  • @bserena I’m already cracking. I have to keep talking myself down. I don’t know if I can make it. It’s just 8 days 🤭
  • @potofgolden I have been thinking that same thing.
    me 32 | dh 45
    married <3 11.11.17
     mama. epicurean. plant lover. wine enthusiast.
  • @potofgolden @magdaaa I bet I'll get at least 5 of these comments...
  • Is it silly to start getting things here and there? Someone posted a really nice bassinet on my neighborhoods nextdoor app for a great price, but I can't decide if it is too early or if it is smart to start now.
  • @potofgolden OMG yes. I'm already hating all of those names and dreading them getting tossed my way. And to be honest, while I'm still thrilled to be having this baby, if I was just a random person out there casually thinking about family planning, I think I'd go the other way. Having a baby during a time when the hospitals are overloaded and everyone is getting sick doesn't seem ideal. Either way...don't come at me with those cutesy names!
  • @bserena I would say go for it! There's never a bad time to pick up good deals!
    @auburnvelvet86 Right? If I weren't already pregnant there's no way I would be trying right now, with a virus going around that has unknown effects on a fetus, and the hospital system totally overwhelmed. 
    TW
    Me: 33 DH: 32
    Started Dating: 2003 Married: 2013
    Started TTC August 2016
    BFP: 2/1/17 MC: 2/8/17
    BFP: 3/8/17 MMC: 5/1/17
    BFP: 7/23/17 EDD: 4/5/18
    BFP: 2/27/20

• edited March 2020
    @potofgolden We got a “I was just wondering if I would know someone who had a covid time baby” from my father in law. He meant it sarcastically but I made sure to squash it and point out that we were pregnant before all of this.

Is anyone else going alone to their first appointment? I have to given the state of the things and at first it wasn’t a big deal but the more I think about it the more anxious I become.

• @readyforround2 I’m going alone. My office told me I had to come alone. I think I’ll be ok for the first appointment alone but if I have to do the ultrasound alone I think I’ll be upset. I get it but, I’ll still be bummed
  • @readyforround2 @windywoman I had appointments and first ultrasound alone. It's just sad my fiancé couldn't see the baby in real time, we have a photo and all but I know it's not the same
  • @potofgolden omg yes!!! A lady at church 2 weeks ago mentioned she found she was pregnant and was about 10 weeks. The pastor joked about it being the church's first "coronial". I was like, no. It most definitely is not.
    Definitely keeping ours quiet forever. Lol

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • @readyforround2 I went to my initial appt by myself and will do the US by myself so MH can stay home with DS. The appt is 90 minutes away and I don't want to take DS out due to COVID-19, so it will just have to be that way. MH came with me for previous dating USs (*TW* one with bad news, one with good. */TW*), so I am nervous, but know that it's the right choice for the family. Hopefully he'll be able to come to the anatomy scan, since that's the really exciting one!
    TW
    Me: 33 DH: 32
    Started Dating: 2003 Married: 2013
    Started TTC August 2016
    BFP: 2/1/17 MC: 2/8/17
    BFP: 3/8/17 MMC: 5/1/17
    BFP: 7/23/17 EDD: 4/5/18
    BFP: 2/27/20

• I was able to bring MH to one u/s but the one I had this week they stopped allowing visitors. They did allow us to facetime or video though, so that was better than nothing! Just hoping that when it is time for the anatomy scan MH will be able to come and COVID will have slowed down.
  • @bserena I didn’t think about FaceTiming him during the appointment. That’s a good idea!

@hedgepig I understand the precautions completely. I’m also hoping that when the anatomy scan comes MH and daughter can both be there! I wish you the best on your next appointment!

@windywoman this first appointment they will be doing my blood test and an ultrasound. I know my husband is bummed about not being able to hear the heartbeat with me but I definitely think I will FaceTime him like @bserena was able to do!

@mimser right? That’s where my head is at too. I’m also terrified about getting bad news and if that happens I know I won’t be able to process it by myself.  

• I'm banning myself from the grocery store. I bought ALL.THE.THINGS! 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • @readyforround2 yay I hope they allow you to! My OB normally wouldn't allow it but under these circumstances they are being really lenient. It isn't the same as them being with us in person but it is much better than just taking pictures! 

@crystalmir91385 me too! It is terrible. I need MH to take my debit & credit cards so I can't keep buying endless amounts of food  :D
  • @crystalmir91385 lol I keep buying too much too! I tried to ban myself for a while, but then the grocery list for DH started to get too long...
  • @ecat504 thank you for responding to that one.. I got a warning for my response to the one earlier and have two already  :#
  • @bserena what is with these? We never had this happen in my J18 group. I’m literally over here like WTH. 
  • @jaclyn0405 I was active on the TTGP board for a couple months before I moved to this board, and we got these "drive-by" posts all. the. time. They also removed the three-day waiting period to post for new members so that doesn't help.
  • @bserena ohhh okay! I figured it had to be something new e.g. no waiting period. Literally sooo annoying!