Trying to Get Pregnant

WTO Weekend 3.21-3.22

**This is a thread that welcomes all regardless of where they are at in their TTC journeys. Please be mindful of topics that are discussed that could be hurtful to those going through tough times. Mention of children or pregnancies of others should have a TW (trigger warning) and be in a spoiler if possible, and only be mentioned if it is extremely pertinent to the conversation. Thanks for keeping this a safe place for us all to engage!** 

Month/Cycle: 

CD: 

WAYDTGKU: 

R/R: 

CS/Q: 

GTKY: What are you doing to keep your spirits up during this uncertain time? 

Re: WTO Weekend 3.21-3.22

• Month/Cycle: 8/3

CD: 16

WAYDTGKU: Provera, Clomid, OPKS, BBT, Preseed, insositol, prenatal vitamins 

R/R: I GOT A POSITIVE OPK ON CD 16!!!! Woooohooo! 1. I don’t usually ovulate on my own and 2. When I have it’s been like CD 20-30 

CS/Q: for anyone else who has taken clomid have your temps been wonky? Mine are usually pretty stable and wayyyy lower before I O than they have been 

Honestly my husband wouldn’t be home if it wasn’t for this pandemic so even though it’s scary and I’m working through it I’m just happy he is home and we get to continue to TTC! (Aka being grateful for the food things that are happening during this uncertain time)

• Month/Cycle: 6/4(AL)

CD: 4

WAYDTGKU: Tracking CM, PNVs, HIO, Clearblue Fertility Monitor.

R/R: Well off to work again today then I’m off till Tuesday. Yay! Since I have a lot of free time now I think I might paint my toe nails this weekend and clean up the house and catch up on laundry. 

CS/Q: None

GTKY: What are you doing to keep your spirits up during this uncertain time? Trying to not watch the news and stay off of social media. I find it distracts me. Also, have lots of laughs at work. Keeping things fun or have a dance party to forget what’s going on in the world. 

@tryingktogku YAY for your positive OPK on CD 16. That’s awesome. That’s great that your ovulating on your own. 

• Loading the player...
  • @mindyb2019 oh I love doing self pedicures! And I think staying away from the media is a good idea because for the most part you only get half the truth anyways! And I didn’t O on my own this cycle was my first on Clomid! But I am just happy it seems to be working. Only temps will tell with time. I haven’t ovulated since October so I am V excited 
  • @tryingktogku ohh sorry. I missed that part about being on the Clomid. Well I’m glad the clomid is working for you and it helped you O this cycle. Wow since October? That’s a long time to not O. Well yay. This cycle sounds like it’s working out really well for you. I’m happy. ❤️ 
  • @tryingktogku yay for ovulating!  and you're right, good to celebrate the good little things now.  
    @mindyb2019 hmmmm i could definitely use a pedicure, i should probably get on that!

Month/Cycle: 3/2

CD: 14

WAYDTGKU: prenatals, OPKs

R/R: ughhhh TB hasnt been working for me over past few days--but im here now!  though i think today is O day so my stay here is short lived.  

CS/Q: none

GTKY: What are you doing to keep your spirits up during this uncertain time? ive been in a great routine of cooking, cleaning, doing some work, and exercising.  its been a very good 5 days in terms of my self-care.  i reorganized all my clothes and closets which makes me happy.  ill be regorganizing the kitchen next week as well as other storage type areas.  the sense of accomplishment is keeping me sane!

• @tryingktogku woohoo to positive OPK!

@mindyb2019 enjoy your time off!

Month/Cycle: 33/whatever

CD: 15?

WAYDTGKU: OPKs, temping, HIO, PNV, supplements

R/R: I have a birthday party today, immediate family only of course with the restrictions of no social gatherings over 10 people. I didn't get very far on my laundry goals yesterday. Everything got washed, but nothing got folded or put away. I had plans to put things away by tossing all the clean clothes on the bed so I would be forced to work on it in order to go to bed but nope... Had to throw that all on the floor so I could sleep. Sooo that's going to be done today.... Hopefully.

CS/Q: still nothing exciting on the chart

GTKY: What are you doing to keep your spirits up during this uncertain time? I follow a number of cat groups on FB and it's such a joy to look at everyone's pictures of their kitties. I also just think about how lucky I am to get to be around DH all day every day while we're stuck at home.

*TW* History:
    Me: 34 DH: 36 | Together since 2007 | Married July 2016

TTC #1 since 7.2017
    Dx: low morph (1%), ANA positive, low decidualization score, high TSH and testosterone, histone antibodies

IUI #1-3 all BFN
    IVF #1 | 6.11.19 | 24R, 17M, 15F, 6B, PGT-A tested - 5 normal, 3 girls & 2 boys
    FET #1 | 9.10.19 | BFN "I know you, but we've never met. I'm with you, but I don't know your name"
    RPL, Receptiva, & ERA testing | all normal/negative, recommended going on gluten and dairy free diet for next FET
    FET #2 | 3.31.20 | Opted to cancelled due to pandemic, continued diet and tried naturally over the summer
    2nd Opinion with another RE | 8.20.20 | Not immune to measles (received 1 dose); SA results similar to 2 years ago; decided to move forward with FET #2 redo at start of next cycle
    Surprise natural BFP! | 9.22.20 | MC 10.23.20 at 8 weeks
    TTCAL naturally | starting 11.22.20

Initial consultation with Reproductive Immunologist | 9.14.21
    Decidualization score biopsy | 10.1.21 | abnormal - low score of 1; endometrial scratch recommended and progesterone supplementation
    Saline sono | 10.15.21 | normal
    Bloodwork | 10.21.21 high TSH, high testosterone, positive for anti-nuclear antibodies and histone antibodies, high protein S, multiple genetic mutations
    BFP! | 11.3.21 | EDD 7.14.22 B) | biopsy provided same effect as endometrial scratch; added supplemental progesterone and estrogen, prednisone, levothyroxine, and MTX Support to maintain pregnancy
    DS born 7.19.22 after induction

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Consultation with RI | 6.6.23
    Saline sono, endometritis biopsy, skin & eye check | all normal
    Labs | high TSH, Factor XIII mutation, high %CD56
    Follow up | 8.8.23 | prescribed metformin, prednisone, plaquenil, and levothyroxine
    Repeat labs after 3 weeks on meds
    Follow up | 11.9.23 | Green light!, increase in prednisone, added lovenox
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    Follow up | 1.16.24 | Green light continues
    TTC put on pause
  • @asf0613 I was just thinking the other day that I should clear out our kitchen cabinets and toss the stuff we don't use. It's probably a lot to be honest 😬
    *TW* History:

TTC #1 since 7.2017
    Dx: low morph (1%), ANA positive, low decidualization score, high TSH and testosterone, histone antibodies

IUI #1-3 all BFN
    FET #1 | 9.10.19 | BFN "I know you, but we've never met. I'm with you, but I don't know your name"
    RPL, Receptiva, & ERA testing | all normal/negative, recommended going on gluten and dairy free diet for next FET
    FET #2 | 3.31.20 | Opted to cancelled due to pandemic, continued diet and tried naturally over the summer
    2nd Opinion with another RE | 8.20.20 | Not immune to measles (received 1 dose); SA results similar to 2 years ago; decided to move forward with FET #2 redo at start of next cycle

Decidualization score biopsy | 10.1.21 | abnormal - low score of 1; endometrial scratch recommended and progesterone supplementation
    Bloodwork | 10.21.21 high TSH, high testosterone, positive for anti-nuclear antibodies and histone antibodies, high protein S, multiple genetic mutations
    BFP! | 11.3.21 | EDD 7.14.22 B) | biopsy provided same effect as endometrial scratch; added supplemental progesterone and estrogen, prednisone, levothyroxine, and MTX Support to maintain pregnancy

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Follow up | 8.8.23 | prescribed metformin, prednisone, plaquenil, and levothyroxine
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    TTC put on pause
  • @inthewoods23 i feel you on the laundry.  i do this when i wash DH's clothes, and i put them on his side of the bed so he *has to* put them away before sleeping.  Nope!  all on "the chair"  lol  have fun at the party!  im sure it will be nice to see loved ones
  • @inthewoods23 i also want to go through cabinets for ideas for new recipes! i have so many one-off ingredients that i have the time and energy to put to good use now
  • Month/Cycle: 9/9

CD: 9

WAYDTGKU: NTNP

R/R: Not much happening over here.  Yesterday in an effort to get out of the house, we took the puppy to the new house and that was nice.  Proper social distancing and some sunshine.  We are having a online gaming tonight with some friends.  DH has been trying to get me to play D&D forever, so tonight is game two.  

GTKY: What are you doing to keep your spirits up during this uncertain time? I think I am just distracted by the move and just keeping busy!  But it is hard being inside all the time, so we have been walking the dog a lot.  DH has also been telling lots of jokes which keeps me laughing.  (He is killing it in the dad joke department!)

@tryingktogku. Yay on the O!!  

@mindyb2019. Dance parties for the win over here.  DH can guess my mood based on the music choices...romantic or itchy for a fight!

@inthewoods23. I have a basket load of clean folded laundry over here in solidarity.  I hate the putting away part which is so silly.  I have already done almost all the work and putting it away takes ten minutes tops.  

@asf0613. Let us know what you end up making.  I enjoy having more time and energy to cook interesting meals.  Plus we have to have some fun right?  

• @mindyb2019 thank ya! 

@asf0613 TB wasn’t working for me for a while too so frustrating! I’ll be seeing you in the TWW once I get my crosshairs! 

@inthewoods23 yay for enjoying DH’s company! I hate doing laundry too but I sure love when it’s all done lol 

@dobiemom11 ou what kind of puppy did you get!!!!?

I have a quick question for y’all!

I know I’ll be O’ing in the next day or so and to keep the momentum going I was thinking of doing a dinner date in type thing and cook a real nice homemade light date type dinner and have a glass of red wine! The only thing is I’ve literally only had two small drinks since I’ve started to TTC and I feel so guilty wanting to have a drink because in my head I’m like “what if for some reason a glass of wine is the reason we don’t get pregnant, or I don’t O” I know it sounds silly but I really want a glass of red because I for sure won’t touch one after O! What do you guys think about casual drinks while TTC? My OB didn’t say I couldn’t while doing clomid 
  • @tryingktogku - Go ahead and have that glass of wine (and a few more of you want)! It won’t effect anything! Even going thru IF treatment my office says 4 drinks a week is totally fine!

@mindyb2019 - I’m planning on giving myself a pedicure today too! 

@asf0613 - Yay for O day!!

@inthewoods23 - Folding laundry is my least favorite chore! I put it off for days! Enjoy the party today! 

@dobiemom11 - So fun! Did the pup like the new house?

Month/Cycle: 20

CD: 16

WAYDTGKU: IVF - FET

R/R: DH had to work late last night so I did my PIO shot by myself for the first time! It’s crazy how far I’ve come with needles! I’ve just been cleaning today and just finished giving the dogs a bath. Planning on ordering sushi tonight and binging some tv with DH! 

CS/Q: Nope

GTKY: I’m not doing a good job of this at all.. now that my transfer is next week I’m becoming more and more neurotic about use not catching it. DH is so stressed about the stock market crashing and losing a huge chunk of his retirement this past week alone. Really hoping all of this works at slowing the virus so we can all relax a bit. 

• @tryingktogku. Our "puppy" is a 3.5 year old Doberman.  He is still so excited by everything we do and acts like a puppy a lot of the time.  I wasn't drinking for a really long time while we were TTC, but then a couple AFs ago, I just started drinking wine again.  I was having a pity party and that trend continues.  I drink while WTO and then hold off during TWW.  Not sure if that helps or not.  I also think quarantine means a little extra grace is needed.  

@feather_heather. Good for you with the shot.  I am terrified of needles, so that would not go well for me!  We only got to walk around the neighborhood, but the puppy was marking his territory everywhere.  It was also nice for us all to have a change of scenery from our normal walk.  
  • Month/Cycle: 6/10

CD: 10 

WAYDTGKU: OPK, temping, prenatal vitamin, 

R/R: just trying to keep going and stay positive. 

CS/Q:  still waiting and watching. 

Baking, cleaning and trying to do some house projects like get pictures on the walls, maybe some painting projects. Planning some decor projects too. Working out as well. 

• @tryingktogku i feel you on this.  on one hand doc has said its fine to dirnk til its pink, but a little part of me wants to know i did absolutely everything possible to get KU and not be like "maybe if i didnt have that glass during TWW."  super hard during quarantine though...i usually have a glass (or so) of wine at night and i havent for the past two days.

with that i'm off to TWW tomorrow, hang in there everyone!
  • @tryingktogku congrats on the positive OPK. I like how you track them I should try that! Yeah I drink it’s been helpful to have a glass once or twice a week lately. 
    @mindyb2019 glad you get some days off. I’m the same with avoiding the news and social media. It just feels so negative and unhelpful right now. Hope you have a relaxing few days! 
    @asf0613 glad to hear you have been getting in some good self care! 
    @inthewoods23 okay cat groups sound awesome! Hope the birthday party was fun! 
    @dobiemom11 hoping packing is going well! Online gaming party sounds fun what did you play? 
    @feather_heather you are awesome! Good for you for getting the shot done by yourself! I’m not sure I could do it. 
  • @allthingscozy. We played D&D.  DH and his friends have played for years and he has been encouraging me to play for almost a year.  I am not really creative or imaginative, so that is a little hard.  I hung back a little bit and then just enjoyed hearing him and his friends bantering back and forth.  But we successfully got everyone logged in multiple times and vanquished two enemies with only one person knocked unconscious.  So victory!
  • @asf619 I shall see ya in the TWW maybe tomorrow if not the next day if my temps comply! And yeah I had my couple glasses of red and Now I won’t touch any alcohol until I bleed or get a positive HPT! hopefully the latter! 

@allthingscozy  I saw someone on YouTube track their OPKS like that and I like how I can see the progression! It just makes my OCD happy lol

Super funny but not so funny story. So last night DH and I did the deed because of the positive OPK and while he was finishing didn’t it just slip out and all my future babies landed on my thigh instead of up close to my cervix! I was so frustrated last night but now I can laugh about it, I’m hoping we can do it one more time tonight for good measure then take a small break because there’s been a whole lot of love making and my lady bits are starting to feel run down ahaha

• @tryingktogku oh noo! Good thing there's still some time!
    *TW* History:

TTC #1 since 7.2017

IUI #1-3 all BFN

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    TTC put on pause
  • Month/Cycle: 4

CD: 8

WAYDTGKU: SMEP, prenatals, maca (did extend my LP from 11-14!), OPK

R/R: I am legit worried about getting pregnant with all of the craziness going on (and not seeing any data about effect on pregnancy) but there's no sense in waiting so what can we do?

CS/Q: Nothing, just carrying on.

GTKY: What are you doing to keep your spirits up during this uncertain time? I'm not going to lie, way too much wine. I'm trying to spend more time outside in my yard when it's somewhat warm. Yesterday was actually quite warm and I just sat in the sun for a few hours. Also did and hour of spin :)

• @willashbaby I feel on that girl. I’m worried about getting pregnant with all this craziness going on as well. It’s crossed my mind more then once, I agree though. There isn’t no sense in waiting so what can we do? Just be safe and healthy as best you can I guess.