November 2020 Moms

March Appointments

Here’s a thread to talk about all of your upcoming appointments and any ones that you have already had! Feel free to ask any questions or bring up relevant topics!

Re: March Appointments

• Ok so this is my first baby in the area I live in. I have an apt on March 24, I’ll be 6w +3. I’m not really sold on this Dr. though so I have another appointment on April 3 with a different doctor. Hopefully I like one of them. I don’t really have anyone to ask for references and I don’t want to post in my local mom group since it’s so early. So, we’ll see. I’ve never had such an early appointment. I was 16 weeks when I found out with my first daughter and 11 or 12 with my second. So I don’t know how super early appointments usually are handled. 

What can I expect? What’s pertinent information to have or questions to ask at this stage?
    ECat504
    SO
    SD (11/2010)
    DD1 (09/2014)
    DD2 (10/2015)
    Baby Girl #4 (11/2020)
  • I had my first appointment on February 26th already, which was basically just paperwork, quick physical exam, blood pressure and answering my questions + getting requests for bloodwork and dating ultrasound. @Ecat504 , I'm in Canada, but I suppose that's what you should expect. Dating ultrasounds are also usually scheduled between week 7 and 9 I believe.

Went in for my blood draw last week and noticed there that my doctor forgot (I think she did) to request the bHCG... it was qualitative last time so I don't know if it's even really necessary. I did pee in a cup though, I hope they'll be able to confirm pregnancy with that or else I'll have to go back. Needles and me don't do so well but I was a big girl that day! No news so far so I suppose all is good.

My dating ultrasound is in 9 days on March 19. Really hoping we see something measuring right on track and that there is a heartbeat.🤞 My fiancé refers to this as beating the first boss in a video game 😅

I go back to my GP a week later on March 26th and I think then we'll do a gynecological exam and routine STD + Pap smear testing. 
  • Loading the player...
  • @Ecat504 Here's a reference for some questions ideas https://www.thebump.com/a/checklist-first-prenatal-checkup-questions

And in terms of information to have, I suppose just your LMP and family history for both sides 
  • Excellent question @Ecat504 ! I’m in basically the exact same position except this is my first baby. I am new to my area though and have no one to ask or talk to. My first appointment on 3/20 is a phone call (which seems weird and impersonal to me), but the next appointment is 4/1 and it’s for ultrasound and exam.
    Me: 27 DH: 30
    Started dating: 10/2010 ;; Married 10/2017
    Started TTC: 10/2019
    BFP: 12/20/19 ;; MC: 12/24/19
    BFP: 3/5/20 ;; EDD: 11/11/20
  • I had to go into the hospital to pee in a cup so they will schedule my appointments. I went right after to the ob unit and got a packet.  They scheduled me for next thursday. The first appointment is only going over paper work and giving me resources. Cant wait for the appointment after that to hear a heartbeat.
  • My first ob appointment is next Thursday, I’m sure he will do a lil ultrasound and hear heartbeat in his office and then send me for a dating one in couple weeks. Went to my family dr last week peed in a cup to confirm and did blood 
  • I had my first scan this morning at 6 weeks. But I’ve been seeing an RE, and we had an IUI last month, so that’s why it’s so early. 

For us it was just the scan to make sure all is on track. I go back in a couple weeks for another ultrasound and to sit with the doctor. Maybe bloodwork? 

Anyway they changed my due date to October 30 so I’m going to have to move boards. 
  • @joyfulone86 Yay for a good US! You do whatever works best for you, but I am sure you're welcome to stay with us even with a 10/30 edd :)
    TW
    Me: 33 DH: 32
    Started Dating: 2003 Married: 2013
    Started TTC August 2016
    BFP: 2/1/17 MC: 2/8/17
    BFP: 3/8/17 MMC: 5/1/17
    BFP: 7/23/17 EDD: 4/5/18
    BFP: 2/27/20

• One week to my ultrasound. I'm feeling pretty anxious today...and having a hard time being as positive as I was the last 2 weeks
  • @mimser FX for you today for a healthy scan!
  • @laurenmicheley it's one week from today but thanks 😊🤞
  • Well the private clinic I was gonna do my ultrasound at is canceling all their appointments because of COVID-19. I got in at another clinic but it's on the 23rd of March instead of the 19th
  • @mimser ugh I am sorry to hear that!! This COVID stuff is crazy. 
  • @bserena yes really crazy... I still left a message for my doctor to send a request in the public sector for my 1st trimester US because I feel if one private clinic closes for the month, the others will follow and I won't have any appointment
  • @mimser yeah you are probably right about that. I'm not familiar with how that works... here I just call an OB. Is it difficult for you to get an appointment?
  • @bserena well here, health care is free but there's typically more wait. I am lucky enough to have a family doctor who I can usually see within a few days. The US and prenatal test in the public sector only plans for 1st and 2nd trimester US. If you want a dating ultrasound you have to pay in the private sector. Now, at this point, I just want to make sure I'm in the public system's database if my appointments in the private don't go through. I can deal with no dating US but I want to do the prenatal screening in time.
  • @mimser I’m sorry you have to deal with all that. I’ve been worried that my appointment will be cancelled to. My OB office is in the hospital and they’ve now had two confirmed cases and have severely limited visitors...I’m nervous appointments will be cancelled next! 
  • @kitkatz1990 It's a really tricky situation... I talked to my GP last night. She said that all my appointments with her will be maintained and she put in a request for an ultrasound and the prenatal testing on her end too. So, I should have at least 2 options.
  • @mimser I'm glad your GP is willing to get you an ultrasound too! Hopefully between the two you will be able to get in for your appointment and not have to wait much longer. This coronavirus craziness worries me too with appointments.. I still can't fully wrap my mind around the whole thing (corona not the pregnancy lol) and I'm like... what a wild time to be pregnant!
  • @bserena the one good thing about social distancing...so easy to hide my pregnancy from my coworkers 😂
  • @kitkatz1990 that’s what I’m saying! 
  • @kitkatz1990 @owens629 so very true!! Although one coworker has already mentioned that I am a bit irritable and tired lately... oops  :D 
  • 2nd set of labs today. 1st came back at hcg 3500, progesterone 9.9. Already started on Prometrium.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I have an appointment Monday for my first U/S. I got an email confirmation today saying that due to COVID-19 they are asking patients to come to their appointments alone. I obviously really wanted by husband to come too, for morale support. Not sure what to do.
  • jcboiler said:
    I have an appointment Monday for my first U/S. I got an email confirmation today saying that due to COVID-19 they are asking patients to come to their appointments alone. I obviously really wanted by husband to come too, for morale support. Not sure what to do.
    I was just coming to post the exact same thing. My dr just called and said they had something open up Monday if I wanted to come in but SO isn’t allowed because of the virus. He’s very unhappy about it and I’m pretty bummed too. I’ll only be 6 1/2 weeks. So I feel fine to push it back to 8 or 9 weeks but I don’t see the issue being resolved by then. 
    ECat504
    SO
    SD (11/2010)
    DD1 (09/2014)
    DD2 (10/2015)
    Baby Girl #4 (11/2020)
  • @jcboiler @Ecat504 I just found out the same thing... mine is Monday too. We agreed that he would drop me off and wait in the car... so sad. 
  • Oh no!!! I hadn’t even thought about that! I hope my office doesn’t take those measures though I’m sure they will! DH would be so bummed. 😔
  • @kitkatz1990 SO is super bummed he asked me to push it back 2 weeks but I don’t think anything will be better by then. I’ll be 8 weeks when he wants me to do it. 
    ECat504
    SO
    SD (11/2010)
    DD1 (09/2014)
    DD2 (10/2015)
    Baby Girl #4 (11/2020)
  • Our first apt was the pee test. The second was paperwork and 5 vials of blood (nearly passed out).

I FREAKED out this last weekend because ALL pregnancy symptoms went away. 7th dang pregnancy (hopefully fourth baby) and changes still scare the heck out of me. I ran to the OBGYN. Thankfully she tested hcg levels and did an ultrasound. She said hcg levels were 60k but baby is measuring 6 weeks 1 day and not 7 weeks. That made me really really nervous. I did see the heart beating. #ImmediateTears. So hopefully we’re good. Our actual dating scan is 4/3 (genetic test is 4/1...we should know the gender soon!...I’m old). #StayBaby!
  • @name1109 if it makes you feel better, both of my babies measured 6 days behind my LMP dates. Both resulted in healthy babies. Maybe you just ovulated later in your cycle! 
  • @name1109 if it makes you feel better, both of my babies measured 6 days behind my LMP dates. Both resulted in healthy babies. Maybe you just ovulated later in your cycle! 
    Thank you for saying that. I’m just so hoping to get to the second trimester. 
  • I called my OB/GYN on Tuesday to make an appointment and they said they are not making ANY appointments. They took my name and said they would call me next week. I suppose I can wait a few weeks to be seen but I was really hoping to get an US by 8 weeks because I had issues last pregnancy. I am hoping that they are taking names and are going to prioritize who needs to come in and when.
  • I had my phone call appointment yesterday where a nurse just took all my past history and family history. I was scheduled to do an exam and u/s on 4/1 with an OB...but she informed me it will now be a phone call visit as well. What more are they going to get from me over the phone? She said they’ll decide over the phone when I need to come in? I’m super frustrated. I’ll be 8W on 4/1 - I feel like it’s important to be seen IN PERSON before my first trimester ends. (Okay, dramatic I know but still)
    Me: 27 DH: 30
    Started dating: 10/2010 ;; Married 10/2017
    Started TTC: 10/2019
    BFP: 12/20/19 ;; MC: 12/24/19
    BFP: 3/5/20 ;; EDD: 11/11/20
  • jcboilerjcboiler member
    edited March 2020
    @mimser @Ecat504 Same, we decided he will wait in the car. I’m going to ask if I can use FaceTime during the U/S but I doubt they will let me. I understand why they are doing it, but am still really bummed out. 
  • I called my OB yesterday and have my intake appt scheduled for April 15 and my "new" OB appt for April 24. Today our govenor is putting a "safer at home" (WI) policy into effect so I'm praying those appointments don't get rescheduled. 

BFP 3/21/2020!  OMG We're having TWINS! 4/17/2020
    --------------------------------
    LO arrived 11/9/2018!  We have a baby!
    Me: 33 | DH: 41
    Married: March 2016
    TTC #1/IUD out January 2017
    PCOS dx January 2018
    Medicated cycle 2.5mg Letrozole CD3-7 February 2018
    BFP 3/10/2018! 
    -------------------------------

TTGP December Siggy Co-Winner: Favorite Moments from Holiday Movies/TV 
    TTGP October Siggy Winner: Animals in Costume 

• @lurvleybunchococonuts I know my appointment for tomorrow is still set even though our mayor put a "safer at home" policy in place yesterday. I hope it is the same for you!
  • @bserena I'm thinking (or hoping anyhow) they'll still be as scheduled. My OB office is at the women's clinic offsite (down the street) from the hospital. So it's only OB/gyn patients. 

BFP 3/21/2020!  OMG We're having TWINS! 4/17/2020
    LO arrived 11/9/2018!  We have a baby!
    Me: 33 | DH: 41
    Married: March 2016
    TTC #1/IUD out January 2017
    PCOS dx January 2018
    Medicated cycle 2.5mg Letrozole CD3-7 February 2018
    BFP 3/10/2018! 
    -------------------------------

TTGP December Siggy Co-Winner: Favorite Moments from Holiday Movies/TV 
    TTGP October Siggy Winner: Animals in Costume 

• @lurvleybunchococonuts We're under a shelter in place order and my appts are still going forward (some changes, especially with lab work and imaging, but otherwise normal). I also go to a women's care clinic which is attached to, but has a separate entrance/separate facilities from the main clinic.
    TW
    Me: 33 DH: 32
    Started Dating: 2003 Married: 2013
    Started TTC August 2016
    BFP: 2/1/17 MC: 2/8/17
    BFP: 3/8/17 MMC: 5/1/17
    BFP: 7/23/17 EDD: 4/5/18
    BFP: 2/27/20

• Finally heard back from my OB. Numbers went up, but the soonest they have for an appt is April 7th (7w6d), since I'm higher-ish risk. Low risk pregnancies aren't getting in til 11-12 weeks!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker