November 2020 Moms

Prenatals

I just found out I was pregnant on Sunday. I haven’t made it to the store to buy my prenatals, plus I live in a small town, so I’ll have to go out of town to buy them. Last pregnancy I was on nature’s own or something like that, it was over the counter.

Which prenatals are y’all taking? What are the side affects?

Re: Prenatals

• I just started taking the Ritual prenatal on the 8th - no side effects yet but we'll see! I've heard good things about them. I chose them because they provide the natural folate instead of folic acid. Some women have difficulty absorbing folic acid so I wanted to play it safe. Also they advertise that their capsules are a "nausea free design" and they add a lemon scented packet to the container so your pills dont smell "vitamin-y".  :D

Ritual is a little pricey for me so we will see how it goes. It's a monthly subscription ($35 a month) so I'm still a little hesitant. But if it works for me then it's worth it. :) And it's free shipping, at your door every month. So I don't have to worry about running out (or GOING out lol). 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • I have been on Nature’s Made with DHA for over two years (before my 13 month old was conceived plus nursing the 13month. Never had any issues.
  • Loading the player...
  • I have been taking MegaFoods Baby + Me and haven’t had any side effects from it. I take it every morning after breakfast.
  • I take the prenatal that my OB prescribes. Makes it easier than going through all the ones on the shelf. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I take Spring Valley gummy prenatals! Last time, I tried others that just didn’t agree with me. These work well for my tummy and they are yummy! 🥰
  • At the moment, I am taking Smarty Pants Prenatals, but I plan on switching soon to Garden of Life, plus a DHA prenatal.
    Me: 30  DH: 34  Us: Est. 2009 (Dating) // 2013 (Married)
    DD1: 12/26/2013  DD2: 08/03/2016  DS1: 05/10/2018  Baby #4: EDD 11/22/2020 (Team Green)
  • I am taking the Olly Prenatal with DHA.  But strangely enough they don't have iron in them, so I am supplementing with an iron pill as well.  I love the Olly though, they are gummies and don't make me burp fish LOL.
  • I use the Women 1 a day with folic acid, dha and iron until I get my first appointment and see what they will recommend. This one seems to have all the major vitamins needed. 
  • Spring Valley gummies! 
    ECat504
    SO
    SD (11/2010)
    DD1 (09/2014)
    DD2 (10/2015)
    Baby Girl #4 (11/2020)
  • I'm taking smarty pants gummies. 
  • I'm taking Enfamil Expecta (the prenatal and the DHA one). I was taking them while TTGP too and like them a lot.
  • Ritual Prenatal
  • I take the Nature's own one. It's literally the only one that didn't make me puke. The gummies were the worst for me because I was burping them up the whole day. It's a huge pill, but it works for me!