October 2020 Moms

Week 4+ (Oct 22-Oct 31) Check In: week of 3/9

Estimated due date (EDD):

Week of pregnancy: 

Upcoming Appointments:

Rant/Rave:

Questions:

GTKY: What's the most daring thing you've ever done?

Re: Week 4+ (Oct 22-Oct 31) Check In: week of 3/9

• BLuvsEBLuvsE member
    edited March 2020
    Estimated due date (EDD): 10/31

Week of pregnancy: 6w4d

Upcoming Appointments: April 6 to hear heartbeat

Rant/Rave: both of my children had melt downs this morning. My husband burnt eggs yesterday and the house still stinks. I can't hide my tummy much longer because number 3 is cray. I  am so tired and so nauseous and so bloated, and I STILL keep thinking maybe I'm not really pregnant since we haven't heard a heartbeat yet.

Also, my pregnant ass was volunteering for my kids musical theatre tech week rehearsals this morning. Imagine my rage when I stepped out and saw several other moms enjoying coffee and gossip at the lobby cafe while I ran around upstairs fixing their kids hair and costumes and microphones between bouts of nausea. 

Edited...I skipped the last two.

Questions: anyone here planning to cloth diaper? We did with the first two, and I'm trying to decide if I want to again or just do sposies.

GTKY: What's the most daring thing you've ever done? Got pregnant with number three after getting both of my big kids into school. I was done with toddlers and preschool and started over. 🤣😂🤣😂🤣
    11/27/12
    First Child born

5/5/14 and 6/5/14
    Twins born into Heaven 
    BFP - 4/6/14, due date 12/8/14. First twin M/C at home - 5/5/14, Second twin D&C - 6/5/14

11/14
    Chemical Pregnancy

9/5/15
    Second after severe bleeding for 18 weeks due to subchorionic hematoma

Currently
    Expecting Number 3 due 10/31/2020
  • Estimated due date (EDD): 10/22 (but still haven't had my dating sono)

Week of pregnancy: 7w6d

Upcoming Appointments: Nutritionist visit this afternoon, dating sono 3/24

Rant/Rave: Lazy boyfriend-type people.

Questions: None.

GTKY: What's the most daring thing you've ever done?  Probably parasailing?
    Current pregnancy -
    First BFP on 1/4/22.  Due date 9/13/22.

Four prior losses, no living children - 1 first trimester miscarriage, 1 blighted ovum, 1 chemical, and one extreme premature live birth daughter who died at 15 days old.

• Loading the player...
  • @BLuvsE Probably.  Both my brother and I were allergic to disposables, so I'm guessing there's a pretty good chance future offspring will be as well.
    Current pregnancy -
    First BFP on 1/4/22.  Due date 9/13/22.

Four prior losses, no living children - 1 first trimester miscarriage, 1 blighted ovum, 1 chemical, and one extreme premature live birth daughter who died at 15 days old.

• Estimated due date (EDD): 10/28

Week of pregnancy: 7+0

Upcoming Appointments: March 19th with US

Rant/Rave: I’m annoyed today by the very concept of COVID-19. Both the panic about it and the possibility of bad things happening. Ugh.

Questions: None pregnancy related!

GTKY: What's the most daring thing you've ever done? I’m very much not an adrenaline junkie, so I pretty much avoid anything that actually puts me in possible danger. I once did a cool rock climbing experience where you were hanging off cliffs at times, but there were harnesses and hand holds involved. 

@BLuvsE I have been thinking about it, but I work full time and likely will have various family members and/or daycare involved, so I just don’t think it is realistic. 
  • Estimated due date (EDD): October 31

Week of pregnancy: 6+4

Upcoming Appointments: US on March 20 and second OB appointment on March 28

Rant/Rave: I cried yesterday because my husband made a joke saying "Well, you were the one that wanted this" when I was complaining of nausea... I could've slapped him. Luckily we have a good relationship and I sat him down and told him he couldn't fucking joke about that and I needed to know he was in this. He is, and we talked about why what he said isnt funny even a little. 

Questions: Is it weird to want a nap... after your nap... 

GTKY: What's the most daring thing you've ever done?  Hmmm... probably getting pregnant... it sounds weird, but for me this is one of the scariest things 
  • joyfulone86joyfulone86 member
    edited March 2020
    Estimated due date (EDD): October 30

Week of pregnancy: 6w5d

Upcoming Appointments: Had our first scan today! Got to see the little bean and see the heartbeat. :)
    Next US is 3/24.

Rant/Rave: The general Coronavirus craziness. There was no toilet paper at Costco! What if there are people who really need it!? Lol 

Questions: none

GTKY: What's the most daring thing you've ever done?
    I’ve done the ripcord over the Royal Gorge in Colorado! 
  • @aefsparrow yes being pregnant scares the crap out of me too and this is my third time. 

@joyfulone86 I don't get the TP thing. Like... That is a luxury. You can survive without it for two weeks if you get quarantined. I mean I know that's gross, but people do it on purpose and call it family cloth. (Basically they wipe with cloth rags and just wash them)

Also I feel I should add that I found out *some* of the moms I was so mad at were in fact volunteering in a different way. So... Blame the hormones. I don't usually mom shame and I have no idea what those ladies have going on in their lives. Maybe they needed that moment of peace.
    11/27/12
    First Child born

5/5/14 and 6/5/14
    Twins born into Heaven 
    BFP - 4/6/14, due date 12/8/14. First twin M/C at home - 5/5/14, Second twin D&C - 6/5/14

11/14
    Chemical Pregnancy

9/5/15

Currently
  • Evening ladies.  EDD 10/30 based on this app but according to the Navy 10/31.  So we’ll see at my first ultrasound. 

Week of pregnancy: 6w5

Next ultrasound: 3/12 !!!!

Rant/rave: more like just a gripe/whine.   I’m exhausted everyday.  I want someone to come deep clean my house and put all of my daughters toys away.  

No questions.  

GTKY:  well I’ve done ALOT sketchy/wild/daring things in the almost 19 years I’ve been in the navy.  I’ve been around the world many many times.   One of my memories that still makes me laugh was when we were out in Fallon NV for a training evolution.    A couple of us drove to The Mustang and The Bunny Ranch to meet the girls.  They give tours of both establishments and it was really interesting.   We met the house mothers and the girls explained to us how their “work” is decided.   They gave us some interesting stories that’s for sure!   
  • @BLuvsE People are cray! 
  • Estimated due date (EDD): 10/30

Week of pregnancy: Tomorrow makes 7!

Upcoming Appointments: 3/18. Hoping for an u/s to see a heartbeat, but it's just my initial so we'll see.

Rant/Rave: I work in an ER and the impact coronavirus has already had on my life is so incredibly taxing. I too am bothered by the panic, but also concerned about the trajectory. I hate this is happening at all, but I feel much more ill equipped to respond to it now, struggling with nausea and constant fatigue, than I would have felt two months ago.

Questions: None.

GTKY: What's the most daring thing you've ever done?

I'm not sure how to answer this. I've done a lot things I thought were daring at the time, but feel just stupid on reflection. Lol.

• @BLuvsE I cloth diapered when I was a SAHM with 3 kiddos under 2 (set of twins), but it's now 8 years later and I work 50 hours a week...so as long as it's just one lil bean in there this time, I'm going for sposies and eliminating the extra work. I loved my CD experience but I know I would struggle to keep up with it now. 
  • @BLuvsE I use cloth with my son. I’m currently using gdiapers, but I didn’t like the newborn ones so I will get some newborn fitted cloth diapers for this baby and then re-use the gdiapers I already have when they are into the small size.  

Estimated due date (EDD): 10/23 

Week of pregnancy: 7

Upcoming Appointments: US on 3/24 

Rant/Rave: I babysit a friend’s 3 month old son Tuesday/Thursday afternoons and he cried for most of the 3.5 hours he was over on Tuesday. Being tired and pregnant it was SO hard.  I can’t remember my son ever crying so much. I would finally get him to sleep and then my son would make noise and he’d wake up. It’s freaking me out thinking about having a newborn and my wild toddler, but I know we will figure it out. 

Questions: So I broke down and told a co-worker I was pregnant because we work together so much and I was hard to keep it a secret. Another co-worker asked her if I was pregnant yesterday and I’m like WTF my stomach isn’t that big yet! The person I told won’t let my secret out, but I want to hide it from everyone else for a few more weeks! I felt like everyone was staring at me yesterday! Anyone else have this problem? 

GTKY: What's the most daring thing you've ever done? probably climbing Longs Peak, a technical 14,000+ ft peak in Colorado, in the winter. 

• Estimated due date (EDD): 10/27

Upcoming Appointments: 3/24 and I am so ready to get some reassurance. 

Rant/Rave: I am working from home, so that's a nice effect of this virus. Still sent my toddler to daycare...lol

Questions: none

GTKY: What's the most daring thing you've ever done? I touched a crocodile once at a tourist trap place in west africa. Now that I'm older and wiser, I would not do it again! Also, as others have said, having children is daring and I have no idea why we are going for round 2! (j/k, kind of)
  • angthesaangthesa member
    edited March 2020
    Estimated due date (EDD): Oct 22

Week of pregnancy: 8 today

Upcoming Appointments: 3/16 first appt. It has been the longest wait ever because I have known since 3 weeks

Rant/Rave: My kid has decided that coming into my room at 2 am is the thing to do for the last week. Meaning i dont nornally go back asleep til 4. And then get up a 6 to get ready for work. I am already tired and cranky.

Questions:None

GTKY: What's the most daring thing you've ever done? I live a very boring exsitance so nothing I can think of.
  • Estimated due date (EDD): 10/20/2020

Week of pregnancy: 8th

Upcoming Appointments: first ultrasound and nurse/Dr visits 3/18

Rant/Rave: so bored! I feel like all I do is sleep. I haven't done anything social in a while and just go to bed early. Looking forward to feeling a little better hopefully soon. I don't feel awful but just light headaches, queasy, tired, etc.

Questions: is anyone traveling right now? I just cancelled my weekend trip to Boston due to coronavirus concerns. I'm not worried for myself but just seemed like the responsible thing to do.

GTKY: What's the most daring thing you've ever done? I'm not very daring apparently. Can't think of anything!
  • EDD: 10-30-2020

Upcoming appts: Ob Intake today; Midwife Appt 3/26

Rant/Rave: nausea for both. Tired of it but grateful for the symptoms after 3 miscarriages 

Questions: top 3 must haves for the first 3 months of baby’s life?
  • @mizztexmex131 I always give new parents a nose Frida, gripe water, and Aden and Anais swaddle blankets. Other than the basics (feeding supplies, car seat, diapers, place to sleep, clothes)... Those are my must haves.
    11/27/12
    First Child born

5/5/14 and 6/5/14
    Twins born into Heaven 

11/14
    Chemical Pregnancy

9/5/15

Currently
  • Estimated due date (EDD): 10/30

Week of pregnancy: 7w 1d, however per blood work I am much earlier. 

Upcoming Appointments: Calling doctor Monday!

Rant/Rave: I feel like I am going crazy not knowing how far along I am, per my blood work on 3/11 HCG was at 133, and 37 on 3/9 so my numbers have more than doubled in 48 hours but I am super early. 

Questions: Not at this time.

GTKY: What's the most daring thing you've ever done? Become a mom! I have an 8yo and I still can't believe I am responsible for a whole human haha!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • So... I saw either blood or a poorly digested red pepper in the toilet after a BM. Probably a pepper, but I freaked out and went for an ultrasound. 🤦🤷 The only place that could take me today other than the hospital was one of those boutique places. They're accurate, but not doctors, and they can only do abdominal. 

So I'm measuring 5 weeks, due date November 12. Which makes sense because my cycles are usually long. I'm going to wait until an actual doctor changes my date before I move to the November board but apparently this is really common based on my Google search. Sometimes the baby catches up to the original due date because they all grow at different rates, and sometimes you just ovulated later, and the new date is accurate. So we'll see!

My cervix was closed and it really was probably a pepper. No bleeding or cramping since, so I'm no longer worried about miscarriage. Just would like to know how pregnant I am. 
    11/27/12
    First Child born

5/5/14 and 6/5/14
    Twins born into Heaven 

11/14
    Chemical Pregnancy

9/5/15

Currently
  • Must have: Zutano booties or the knockoff versions. They stay on! @mizztexmex131