Trying to Get Pregnant

TFAS w/o 3-16

edited March 2020 in Trying to Get Pregnant
**This is a check-in for those with babies/children at home. Please be mindful that the discussion of living children in the WTO/TWW threads is prohibited unless extremely pertinent to your current cycle.**

**If you are having a hard day re TTC or TTCAL, please note that this thread will discuss living children and/or issues specifically dealing with parenting and/or babies. Pregnancy may also be mentioned. Please lurk at your own discretion.** 

What number are you trying for? 

Month/Cycle? 

WTO/TWW? 

Ages of other child(ren)? 

Any thoughts about this cycle? 

Any questions? 

Rant/Rave?

GTKY: What are your favorite indoor/at home activities to do with your LO? 

Re: TFAS w/o 3-16

• edited March 2020
    What number are you trying for? THB #2

Month/Cycle? 9/8/2 (AL)

WTO/TWW? TWW

Ages of other child(ren)? 2 

Any thoughts about this cycle? Not feeling overly hopeful about ttc after my tubal. And I’ve had the worst luck lately, so 🤷🏼‍♀️. 

Any questions? Nope 

Rant/Rave? DS has had the hardest time going to sleep lately. Naps and bedtime most days. I don’t think he is ready to drop his nap (neither am I) but I’m at the end of my wits about it. Our goal bedtime is 9, and he didn’t fall asleep until 10:30 last night. We’ve been cracking down on his routine more, cut out majority of his sugar intake.. I don’t even know. 

GTKY: What are your favorite indoor/at home activities to do with your LO?  We love to play with play doh, or Kinetic sand. I really like the sand because it doesn’t get stuck to anything. 
  • @photographerwife I hope bedtime and naptime get better. I keep books in DD's crib and that seems to help. She loves to look through them before she goes to sleep.

What number are you trying for? 2

Month/Cycle? 9/5

WTO/TWW? TWW finally!

Ages of other child(ren)? 2

Any thoughts about this cycle? This is probably the most chill I've been in a TWW, probably because of all the anxiety I'm having about what's going on in the world right now. Our timing was okay, but I'm thrilled that my body finally got its act together and actually O'd. I don't think I'll test though, unless AF is late.

Any questions? no

Rant/Rave/Brag: I had to withdraw DD from daycare. It didn't feel responsible to keep sending her with everything going on and with my being home indefinitely. Holding her spot would've been $100+/week which is half time tuition. I just couldn't justify spending that money without actually sending her. I'm terrified and stressed she won't have a spot when this is all over but the director said we could stay in touch and she'd let me know if the spot was going to fill.

GTKY: What are your favorite indoor/at home activities to do with your LO? 
    I need ideas!! I was considering buying kinetic sand. She loves play doh and puzzles. I made rainbow rice over the summer and would love to do some sensory bins. I'm looking forward to reading everyone's responses. 
  • Loading the player...
  • @photographerwife ugh I’m so sorry that bedtime and naps have been rough. I hope it’s just a phase. Ah I’m not ready to think about dropping naptime. Best of luck to you, my friend!

@gingermama29 we also made the decision to withdraw DD from daycare, I thought and prayed about it nonstop all weekend and emailed them Monday morning that we were going to keep her home for at least the next 2 weeks, and then later that day they decided to close. I wish they could have decided it on Friday to save me the stress! But FWIW I talked to one of her teachers and she said the teachers are all SO grateful that they closed so I’m sure YD’s teachers appreciate that you are keeping her home!

What number are you trying for? 2

Month/Cycle? Cycle 18 including 2 benched 

WTO/TWW? WTO

Ages of other child(ren)? 2

Any thoughts about this cycle? Pessimistic but hopeful, that’s just going to be my permanent answer!

Any questions? No

Rant/Rave/Brag: Well we pulled DD out of daycare, my mom usually watches her 2 days a week so she came on Monday while I was working from home. We had a long talk about what the right answer was to keep everyone safe, and we decided that it would be best if she didn’t come back until after things calmed down. She had the same conversation with my brother and now she and my dad are now going to stay at home for the foreseeable future. I fully support this decision but I was a little emotional when she left on Monday, for myself and also because she and DD adore each other. So today was DD and my first day alone together during the covid crisis. I have to work so I planned out a loose schedule for us and we did pretty well! I think it will get better as we both adjust to our new (hopefully temporary) normal. 

GTKY: my favorite is coloring because I am pretty lazy 😂. We have sliding glass doors from our family room to the deck, so we like drawing on those with the crayons they make for glass. DD’s #1 is play doh, but she’s also a big fan of her magnatiles. She would also play hide and seek all day if she could. And if I’m feeling up to it, I have an Alexa playlist of her favorite songs and we have a dance party!

• cassafrass15cassafrass15 member
    edited March 2020
    What number are you trying for? 2
    Month/Cycle? 2/2 (1AL)
    WTO/TWW? TWW as of today
    Ages of other child(ren)? 1
    Any thoughts about this cycle? Meh, we had good timing despite both of us suffering from bronchitis, but I’m trying to be realistic.
    Any questions? nada
    Rant/Rave? PJs all day is nice, but I wish I could keep DD home from daycare. If they found out I was using WFH time to also care for her, I would be in deep doodoo. But I hate having to send her on days when my mom can’t take her. I might try to work things out with my mom & DH soon if this continues much longer.
    GTKY: What are your favorite indoor/at home activities to do with your LO? Dance parties to Disney music! DD also loves smooshing around Greek yogurt with food coloring, mixing the colors and generally covering herself in the mess.
    @bows22 I’m worried about my mom, too. I convinced both parents to be on lockdown as much as possible, but my dad is still working and he can’t work from home. My mom just had pneumonia and then bronchitis so I have so much anxiety about her, in particular. 
    @gingermama Rainbow rice looks cool! I’m going to try that one. 
    ETA: spacing, words
  • jbal918jbal918 member
    edited March 2020
    What number are you trying for? # 2
    Month/Cycle? 1/1
    WTO/TWW? My app recalculated due to signs of ovulation today or tomorrow. My first I was on clomid and metformin but right now I’m just on metformin and I’m praying just this works for my PCOS. 
    Ages of other child(ren)? 3.5 - boy
    Any thoughts about this cycle? This is my first month off the pill and I never had signs like this TTC my son. I’m praying having one maybe reset my body in a way.  
    Any questions? Anyone know how OPK’s work? I got one positive surge once today and that’s it. I also had some other signs but I’m trying to research because I’m a little rusty. 
    Rant/Rave? I did a video chat with my students today and it was adorable. 
    GTKY: What are your favorite indoor/at home activities to do with your LO? We love to bake/cook! Today we made pizza and then I threw his legos in for bath time for something a little different. 

ETA - 
    @photographerwife - We are having bedtime issues too! Right now DS is sitting up in bed crying for a third cup of water. 

@gingermama29 - I was thinking to do the same thing depending on how long schools close for! I’m paying way too much a month and if I’m home, he’s home. My job gets it because I teach though but I’d have to be ready day one that we can go back. 

@bows22 - I love the dance party idea! 

@cassafrass15b - We make big messes over here too! I love it when a kid can be a kid!

DS born 2016
  • @photographerwife My suggestions regarding bed time are to get into a night time routine (which it sounds like you're already doing) and to try to get him to bed earlier at 15-30 minute intervals (he goes to bed at 10:30, try putting him down at 10 or 10:15, keep this routine for a few days then decrease again). It's not easy for sure. Hang in there!
    @gingermama29 Yay for O!! That's exciting! I'm also glad the daycare director plans on letting you know if YD's spot at the center is going to fill before you need to send her back.
    @bows22 I hope the adjustments go smoothly for you! It's hard needing to tell people you normally rely on for help that it's best to isolate. Fingers crossed sticking to a rough schedule helps keep things somewhat normal.
    @cassafrass15 I'm sorry your work won't allow you time to also keep your children isolated. I hope you're feeling better after the bronchitis.
    @jbal918 As far as the OPKs go, some people have -much- shorter surges than others. I usually only get 1-2 positive test strips per cycle and I need to test 4-5 times per day to reliably catch my surge.

What number are you trying for? 3
    Month/Cycle? 4/4 (2 unbenched)
    WTO/TWW? TWW
    Ages of other child(ren)? 1.5, 5.5
    Any thoughts about this cycle? Feeling REALLY good about our timing. Won't test for at least another week.
    Any questions? Nope
    Rant/Rave? ODS is struggling with being home all day. Schools here closed for a full month, maybe more. Unfortunately YDS is severely immunocompromised so we don't have a choice. We're doing the best we can to keep everyone entertained. ODS and I just started seeds today in indoor starter planters. He's excited to learn about all the veggies and herbs we're growing.
    GTKY: What are your favorite indoor/at home activities to do with your LO? We really love reading, cooking/baking, and music. I play guitar, ukulele, and piano at home for the kids, and ODS loves to sing when I'm playing a song he knows.
    TTC History- *TW* LC
    Me: 24 Dh: 46
    Married: 10.2018
    DS #1: 06.2014
    Hyperemesis Gravidarum (HG), Emergency C-Section
    MC: 03.2017- 5 Weeks
    Rainbow DS #2: 07.2018
    HG, 19w Fetal Surgery, 24w PPROM, 33w Placental Abruption, Partial Uterine Rupture, Emergency C-Section
    NICU, Chronic Kidney Disease
    TTC #3: Medically Cleared 12.5.2019, had a bunch of problems and wonky cycles
    BFP 10.13.2020 EDD: 6.26.2021

October 2020 TTGP Signature Challenge: Pets in Costumes

• @gingermama29 that’s a wonderful idea! I had actually taken his crib side off and turned it to a toddler bed, but after these suggestions, put it back on! I will try a book! He has one that he LOVES called the little excavator. Also, I’m so glad you finally Od! That must have been so aggravating. I don’t blame you for daycare. I’ve seen a lot of people having to make a similar decision, even if they lose their spots. We love sensory stuff too! DS really loves the kinetic sand, enough that I’m considering a sandbox for outside! 

@bows22 I hope it’s a phase too! It’s been a struggle. I’m sorry about your mom, how sad. DS would be so sad to if he couldnt see his grandparents. They normally watch him for a couple of hours each Thursday and Sunday afternoon. I hope you find a new (temporary) normal soon. That’s cute that you do hide and seek. I haven’t even considered doing that with DS yet. We’ll have to try it! 

@cassafrass15 I hope you are able to work something out with your LO. That is a bummer that she’s still having to go right now. That’s a cute idea with the Greek yogurt! I bet that would be fun bath paint! And good for skin! 

@jbal918 I hope your meds work put this cycle! Your OPKS will detect your LH surge before ovulation happens. Once you receive a peak reading ovulation should follow 24-48 ish hours after. I have had peaks and then ovulated later than that time frame though. I normally test every 3-5 hours on a cheapie test once they start getting dark and test it out until they get light again. Just to make sure I don’t miss it. LEGO’s in the bath sound fun! (That way they’re contained 😂) we did glow sticks in the bath, with the lights off around Halloween and that was so fun! 

@ashaislurking yeah, we definitely try to keep a good routine. He just seems to have a hard time calming down. We aim for 9, but I’ve wondered if we should try closer to 8-8:30, since gets can get an extra wave of energy if they’re overtired. I’m taking any and all suggestions. Haha I hope ODS finds a good routine for being home soon. I’m sure it’s not easy for older kids at all. That’s cute about the music stuff, DH is a musician too and DS loves to play guitar, piano, and drums with him! We’re a musical family so we do a lot of singing- and jingle making! I bet you can play some adorable toddler songs a ukulele! 

• @ashaislurking I tear frequently but got a positive at 12 and a negative at 4:30. So weird!! 

@photographerwife The legos were fun until DS started drinking the water out of them lol
    We DTD everyday the last three days so I’m hoping it’ll work! But now I’m also thinking should we wait until things calm down? But then I fight with myself because who knows when that will be! 
    DS born 2016
  • @jbal918 that's how my OPKs were this cycle! They were negative at 4pm, I got a positive at 8pm, and it was back to negative by midnight. VERY short surge.
    TTC History- *TW* LC
    Me: 24 Dh: 46
    Married: 10.2018
    DS #1: 06.2014
    Hyperemesis Gravidarum (HG), Emergency C-Section
    MC: 03.2017- 5 Weeks
    Rainbow DS #2: 07.2018
    HG, 19w Fetal Surgery, 24w PPROM, 33w Placental Abruption, Partial Uterine Rupture, Emergency C-Section
    NICU, Chronic Kidney Disease
    TTC #3: Medically Cleared 12.5.2019, had a bunch of problems and wonky cycles
    BFP 10.13.2020 EDD: 6.26.2021

October 2020 TTGP Signature Challenge: Pets in Costumes