Trying to Get Pregnant

Covid-19 Pandemic Discussion Thread

Re: Covid-19 Pandemic Discussion Thread

• @emeraldduchess - OMG that would be so wild! I do all my appointments and monitoring at another hospital, but my retrieval and transfers are all done there!

@inthewoods23 - Same! I'm keeping my fingers crossed that since I'm mid cycle already they'll keep me scheduled, but I doubt it. Our city is basically in lockdown. 

@mvt2003 - Yeah, I've just been sitting around today doom and gloom waiting for that phone call. OMG thats crazy! Have you been in contact with her recently? Does she know where she got it from?
  • @feather_heather She works in NYC, so I imagine somewhere in her commute is where she picked it up, I haven't been in person with her for a couple months, so thankfully that's not a concern for me. 
    me: 35 / so: 34 | ttc #1 since 9/2018
    DX: MFI
    IVF Cycle #1 February 2020 4 embryos frozen, 1 fresh transfer = CP 
    FET #1 Natural Cycle March 2020 CXL'd due to Covid-19 :( 
    FET #1 Natural Cycle June 2020 - CP #2
    FET #2 Natural Cycle July 2020 - BFP!!!!!! Beta #1 = 273

June Signature Challenge - Favorite TV Quotes

• Loading the player...
  • On that same note, if any of you know of other FB Live streams or YouTube streams of wholesome/good content, mention it!
    *TW* History:
    Me: 34 DH: 36 | Together since 2007 | Married July 2016

TTC #1 since 7.2017
    Dx: low morph (1%), ANA positive, low decidualization score, high TSH and testosterone, histone antibodies

IUI #1-3 all BFN
    IVF #1 | 6.11.19 | 24R, 17M, 15F, 6B, PGT-A tested - 5 normal, 3 girls & 2 boys
    FET #1 | 9.10.19 | BFN "I know you, but we've never met. I'm with you, but I don't know your name"
    RPL, Receptiva, & ERA testing | all normal/negative, recommended going on gluten and dairy free diet for next FET
    FET #2 | 3.31.20 | Opted to cancelled due to pandemic, continued diet and tried naturally over the summer
    2nd Opinion with another RE | 8.20.20 | Not immune to measles (received 1 dose); SA results similar to 2 years ago; decided to move forward with FET #2 redo at start of next cycle
    Surprise natural BFP! | 9.22.20 | MC 10.23.20 at 8 weeks
    TTCAL naturally | starting 11.22.20

Initial consultation with Reproductive Immunologist | 9.14.21
    Decidualization score biopsy | 10.1.21 | abnormal - low score of 1; endometrial scratch recommended and progesterone supplementation
    Saline sono | 10.15.21 | normal
    Bloodwork | 10.21.21 high TSH, high testosterone, positive for anti-nuclear antibodies and histone antibodies, high protein S, multiple genetic mutations
    BFP! | 11.3.21 | EDD 7.14.22 B) | biopsy provided same effect as endometrial scratch; added supplemental progesterone and estrogen, prednisone, levothyroxine, and MTX Support to maintain pregnancy
    DS born 7.19.22 after induction

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Consultation with RI | 6.6.23
    Saline sono, endometritis biopsy, skin & eye check | all normal
    Labs | high TSH, Factor XIII mutation, high %CD56
    Follow up | 8.8.23 | prescribed metformin, prednisone, plaquenil, and levothyroxine
    Repeat labs after 3 weeks on meds
    Follow up | 11.9.23 | Green light!, increase in prednisone, added lovenox
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    Follow up | 1.16.24 | Green light continues
    TTC put on pause
  • They are cancelling all fertility treatment at my clinic for now. All appointments will be held over the phone instead of in person. Crazy how this all happened so quickly. My thoughts are with all you ladies right now.. take care and stay safe! 
    Me: 35 DH: 35
    TTC since 9/2018
    Dx: MFI
    10/19- First RE visit
    2/20- DH had surgery for bilateral varicoceles 
    7/20- IUI with 5 mg letrozole- BFN
    9/20- IVF. 9 eggs retrieved, 9 mature, 8 fertilized with ICSI, 7 blasts, 4 PGT-A normal
    11/20- Mock transfer/ERA
    12/20- FET #1- transferred one 4AB- BFN
    3/21- FET #2- transferred one 3AB- BFP! Due Dec 2021
    12/21- Baby girl born!

• DH was in contact with someone at his work who tested positive NOOOOOOOOO

He says I'm probably safe. There goes any romance I was hoping to have since I finally stopped spotting from AF over the weekend. No touching unless there's a disinfectant wipe between us
    *TW* History:

TTC #1 since 7.2017
    Dx: low morph (1%), ANA positive, low decidualization score, high TSH and testosterone, histone antibodies

IUI #1-3 all BFN
    FET #1 | 9.10.19 | BFN "I know you, but we've never met. I'm with you, but I don't know your name"
    RPL, Receptiva, & ERA testing | all normal/negative, recommended going on gluten and dairy free diet for next FET
    FET #2 | 3.31.20 | Opted to cancelled due to pandemic, continued diet and tried naturally over the summer
    2nd Opinion with another RE | 8.20.20 | Not immune to measles (received 1 dose); SA results similar to 2 years ago; decided to move forward with FET #2 redo at start of next cycle

Decidualization score biopsy | 10.1.21 | abnormal - low score of 1; endometrial scratch recommended and progesterone supplementation
    Bloodwork | 10.21.21 high TSH, high testosterone, positive for anti-nuclear antibodies and histone antibodies, high protein S, multiple genetic mutations
    BFP! | 11.3.21 | EDD 7.14.22 B) | biopsy provided same effect as endometrial scratch; added supplemental progesterone and estrogen, prednisone, levothyroxine, and MTX Support to maintain pregnancy

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Follow up | 8.8.23 | prescribed metformin, prednisone, plaquenil, and levothyroxine
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    TTC put on pause
  • @inthewoods23 ohh noooo 😩 FX he doesn’t get it. That’s the worst. I’m so sorry girl. 
  • @mindyb2019 DH wasn't in at work all week from a cold (or maybe the virus??? :flushed: ) and we had the competition the week prior and were gone for 3 days so the contact was either this morning, or 2 weeks ago on March 2nd or 3rd. This, of course, is if we're assuming it's the coworker who had been in the swiss alps at the end of February who later found out a person he was traveling with tested positive. We're probably 99% in the clear assuming no symptoms develop for us today or tomorrow.
    *TW* History:

TTC #1 since 7.2017

IUI #1-3 all BFN

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    TTC put on pause
  • My office has officially been closed. Every corporate employee is to WFH. I'm going to have to go to the building to pick up mail a couple of times a week, but otherwise no one is to go to the building. This is getting scary. 
    me: 35 / so: 34 | ttc #1 since 9/2018
    DX: MFI
    IVF Cycle #1 February 2020 4 embryos frozen, 1 fresh transfer = CP 
    FET #1 Natural Cycle March 2020 CXL'd due to Covid-19 :( 
    FET #1 Natural Cycle June 2020 - CP #2
    FET #2 Natural Cycle July 2020 - BFP!!!!!! Beta #1 = 273

June Signature Challenge - Favorite TV Quotes

• @inthewoods23 your in my thoughts my friend. Sending positive vibes your way of no symptoms and that you both are in the clear ❤️❤️ That’s good that YH wasn’t at work all week so that’s a good positive sign. Hopefully it was just a cold. Keep us posted. 
  • Well.... clinic called.... since I have started the stims meds I'm being given the option to cancel or not cancel. I have a lot of questions about what that means or how things would go for the next few weeks (or months) if I choose to cancel. The RE is supposed to call me (I think) or I can just talk with them on Wednesday at my next appointment.

She basically said since they don't know how the virus affects pregnancies and pregnant women, they're (the CDC or them? not sure) advising to not get pregnant right now. At the same time I've already been working from home for the last week so.... maybe I just work from home the rest of the year?  :#
    *TW* History:

TTC #1 since 7.2017

IUI #1-3 all BFN

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    TTC put on pause
  • @shoogapoff omg drinking wine on your couch for the day sounds awesome right now lol I need that 
  • @whitealbum29 I really don't know! I feel like if we keep ourselves quarantined for enough time until cases slow down we're probably okay. They're probably advising against it just because they don't have any data, but also don't want to say "absolutely not this is the worst idea ever". Plenty of people are born during pandemics right?
    *TW* History:

TTC #1 since 7.2017

IUI #1-3 all BFN

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    TTC put on pause
  • *TW*

@inthewoods23
    Yes there are. My step-daughter was born during the H1N1 Virus in 2009 and she was totally fine. My SIL just her baby 6 weeks ago during the coronavirus and no issues. 

• @emeraldduchess that's my understanding! There was a case in the UK of a newborn testing positive while the mother also tested positive but they believe it was more likely that the newborn got it once out of the womb. Based on the small data we do have plus what they know from the Sars and Mers outbreaks it seems like most PG women are at the same risks as a non-PG woman.
    *TW* History:

TTC #1 since 7.2017

IUI #1-3 all BFN

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    TTC put on pause
  • @inthewoods23 I think they are assuming PG women are a little more at risk since pregnancy suppresses your immune system. But like - not more of a risk than any other serious sickness. Not anything particular to this illness, just you get sicker when you are. 

• I’m still going in to be available for clients and going to do social distancing as much as possible. Telehealth just doesn’t work well with kids.  I’d honestly prefer to stay home with my family but feel the need to be there for my clients too. 
  • @allthingscozy I definitely understand telehealth not working well for kids. Unfortunately, it's hard to get a lot of kids to sit through a productive in person session, not to mention a telehealth session. I also understand the need to be there for clients. I think the important thing is to let the families decide whether to take the risk of continuing services at this time or delaying until things calm down a bit. With high anxieties in the schools and lots of rapid change happening in the kids lives, a lot of them probably need services more now than before. 
    TTC History- *TW* LC
    Me: 24 Dh: 46
    Married: 10.2018
    DS #1: 06.2014
    Hyperemesis Gravidarum (HG), Emergency C-Section
    MC: 03.2017- 5 Weeks
    Rainbow DS #2: 07.2018
    HG, 19w Fetal Surgery, 24w PPROM, 33w Placental Abruption, Partial Uterine Rupture, Emergency C-Section
    NICU, Chronic Kidney Disease
    TTC #3: Medically Cleared 12.5.2019, had a bunch of problems and wonky cycles
    BFP 10.13.2020 EDD: 6.26.2021

October 2020 TTGP Signature Challenge: Pets in Costumes

• @inthewoods23 Oh no! I hope you guys are safer from it!! 
    DS born 2016
  • @emeraldduchess I did some read aloud videos and made a YouTube channel! And Google Meets allowed me to easily video with my kids to check in! Let me know if you need help! 
    DS born 2016
  • @jbal918 ha, speaking of google meet, our robotics team did that today since everything is cancelled and DH talked for 3 hours on different problem solving methodologies. We haven't actually had dinner yet lol. It's been fun. And some of the girls freaked out at seeing Glacier on camera and they had no idea we have a cat too. We've had her since before we got married lol.
    *TW* History:

TTC #1 since 7.2017

IUI #1-3 all BFN

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    TTC put on pause
  • @jbal918 thanks! I am spending my day today watching training videos for Zoom and I have a webinar about remote teaching. 
    How's this for a writing assignment: 1. Watch the "High School Musical" trilogy. 2. Is Sharpay Evans the villain or victim? Write a 5 paragraph essay using evidence from the movie to support your answer. (I am joking right now but at some point I may not be!) 
  • @kiki047. Thanks for that!  Your comments brought tears to my eyes.  Sending you lots of love as well today.  
  • @kiki047 you hit the nail on the head, there. <3 Although I DO enjoy the posts where people say teachers deserve to be paid as much as professional athletes. 

• @inthewoods23 and @emeraldduchess It’s so weird, the remote teaching! My kids loved seeing me on live video today though so that was a highlight!
    DS born 2016
  • Yes the memes are so obnoxious! 

TW loss and LC mentioned

I may need a break now and then because of my own mental health and my loss last week but I would never complain about my kids ever. They make me laugh with their antics. The memes about a baby boom next fall hurt. I want the baby I had. They were fought for and so so wanted. They didn’t come from boredom. I can’t look at November intros anymore the we weren’t trying but whoops we’re pregnant are killing me. It feels so unfair.

I am working so hard to set up Telehealth for my vulnerable clients but I have to say it is frustrating. I’m upset that I have to pay my own little hard earned money to do extra trainings just so I can see my clients. I’m frustrated that clients cancel with no notice and just don’t show. I feel taken advantage of and sometimes struggle with feeling why is it worth it? I barely make a paycheck and give all of my emotional energy and space to my clients to help them. Yet sometimes I feel like I’m expected to Just pretend I am only there to help them and make no income in return.  Right now I’m almost dreading going into the office knowing I will have a ton of no show no calls but I still go hoping and being available for them. Putting myself at risk for them. I’d rather be home but I go anyway because I care.  It just sucks I hate Clovid it has raised my anxiety because I’m scared for my grandparents whom I adore. I’m angry at the people who Do not take this seriously at all. Im frustrated and Just want to be pregnant but fear that is out of selfishness and I shouldn’t want that with all this going on.  
  • @allthingscozy. I am so sorry this is happening to you.  People seem to have just gone crazy as the whole world watches.  Common decency (like calling to cancel an appointment) seems to have gone out the window with many people distracted and worried by everything.  Sending love to you.  Please be sure to take care of yourself as well!!  Your mental health is so important for the well-being of you, your family, and your patients!  Know that we love and support you.  We know it has been a hard couple weeks for you! 

Two more days until the weekend!!  You totally got this!  Not sure if you can work a reduced schedule in light of everything, but I think we all deserve a little break at the moment.  
  • @allthingscozy so many hugs to you. I agree with @dobiemom11 this crisis is bringing out a side of people we don't usually see. Take care of yourself. It's not selfish, it's necessary. <3
  • @jbal918 I'm video conferencing with my class today just to check in and I am so excited to see them! We'll do a few lessons together next week but for now I'm just checking in. I didn't realize how much I would miss them only a few day into this. 
  • So my dad is in self isolation now. He played cards last weekend with a few people - one of whom is exhibiting a number of symptoms and got tested for coronavirus yesterday. He has to self isolate until her test results come back (which could take up to 7 days).
  • At work, basically everyone is WFH except for our small lab crew so that we can run testing. We have this safety metric that has always been OSHA recordable accidents, but with the pandemic the safety metric now is the Lab Manager's temperature that gets taken 4 times a day. Keeps reminding me of BBT charts lol
    *TW* History:

TTC #1 since 7.2017

IUI #1-3 all BFN

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    TTC put on pause
  • @feather_heather - I'm so sorry your dad has to self-isolate, that is nerve-wracking. I hope it's a false alarm and he doesn't develop symptoms! My parents went out to dinner at a busy restaurant last weekend in DC, maybe a day before the government started taking more action there with shutting down restaurants. I've been bracing myself to hear one of them is starting to feel sick. I think 5-6 days after contracting the virus is average for starting to show symptoms so hopefully your dad is in the clear soon!!