Pregnant after IF

All Trimester Check In March 16

wildrainbowwildrainbow member
edited March 2020 in Pregnant after IF
I know these are scary times, especially for our mamas about to give birth. I want to say that I am holding y'all close in my heart and thinking of each of you. 
  • How far along/EDD?
  • How are you feeling this week?
  • Rants/Raves? Questions?
  • Any upcoming appointments?
  • GTKY: In this crazy, uncertain time, tell me something you're thankful for and why.

Also! Feel free to post pics of nurseries and bumps.

Calling!!

@emmasemm EDD 3/7 (girl)

@celticknotfire EDD 2/27

@ivfsurvivor EDD 3/3

@love112314 EDD 3/9

@sincethelastday EDD 3/9 (boy)

@bluguitarhannah EDD 7/1 (girl)

@caitiemae EDD 1/30 (boy)

@akak23 EDD 3/27 (boy)

@wifeinraleigh28 EDD 4/4 (boy)

@sanpelligrino EDD 4/12

@laurajon2015 EDD 3/25

@jolo1241 EDD 2/2 (girl)

@hanshotfirst77 EDD 6/21 (girl)

@knockupthestock EDD 7/23

@cirrra EDD 8/4

@wildrainbow EDD 8/16 (Boy)

@angelina1919 EDD 7/29

@cashewchicken EDD 8/8

@businesswife EDD 8/21

@31magnolia EDD 9/8

@artemis618 EDD 9/2 (Boy)

ETA: words

Re: All Trimester Check In March 16

• Loading the player...
    • How far along/EDD? 14w6d
    • How are you feeling this week? This week has been good outside of the headaches. I'm starting to think the last one was allergy related...and since I can't take my zyrtec D :(
    • Rants/Raves? Questions? Rave: told my SO's children about the pregnancy. I wish we had recorded their reaction. To say it was hilarious is an extreme understatement. They are all excited though, so it's all good!
    • Any upcoming appointments? OB appt on April 7th
    • GTKY: In this crazy, uncertain time, tell me something you're thankful for and why. There's so much but I'm going to go with a pretty uneventful pregnancy so far. And my OB doctor. She's been great in helping to calm my fears.
    @vetgirl2011 - Ditto the welcome and congrats!! The anxiety was extremely high for me at the beginning. I would say right now I'm at 50% of what I was early on. Like someone told me, as you pass each milestone the anxiety lessens more and more. 

@wildrainbow - That's wonderful about your H. I can't wait for my baby girl to start kicking! When did you first start to feel the movement?
  • @31magnolia I felt movement halfway through my 11th week, but this is my *Tw 8th pregnancy Tw* and hopefully my 3rd take home baby. I'm also very short with no torso, so I've always felt my baby's early. 
  • @wildrainbow - ahhh ok. Thanks. 
    • How far along/EDD? 19+2/Aug 8
    • How are you feeling this week? Still coughing and I’m desperately hoping I don’t catch the cold my son came down with last weekend. The symptoms seem mild, just runny nose and some cough, but I’ve been sick for over a month and I’m done. 
    • Rants/Raves? Questions? I live in SF Bay Area and all the counties just issued a “shelter in place” order, limiting the residents from leaving their house unless absolutely necessary. The upside is I’ll be working from home for three weeks. The downside is we decided to pull our son out of daycare so my husband I need to juggle working from home while taking care of our son. Hope I get some work done. 
    • Any upcoming appointments? My first appointment with MFM is scheduled for tomorrow morning but now it’ll be a phone appointment. I also have an appointment with my OB but I think I will also request a phone appointment since I just had an anatomy scan last week and I got to see my baby already. The perinatologist told me the baby is unremarkable and boringly normal, the way I like my babies!
    • GTKY: In this crazy, uncertain time, tell me something you're thankful for and why. I’m thankful for my family and my friends. They are always there for me and I feel their love esp now. I’m also thankful that I’m able to work from home. 
    Me: 41  DH: 46
    Unexplained infertility/AMA, polycystic ovaries, insulin resistance
    FET#1(July 2017): eSET of first of 4 PGS-normal embryos, DS born 3/30/2018
    FET#2(Oct/Nov 2019): eSET  
  • edited March 2020
    <ul><li>How far along/EDD? 17+4, Aug 21
    </li><li>How are you feeling this week? Uh... Kinda bummed.  At least for the most part my anxiety seems to have given way to some sort of quiet resignation.  I'm home at least, so that's a blessing.  But not happy that they've literally banned people from the freedom to worship.</li><li>Rants/Raves? Questions? My next MW appointment is cancelled, but I will wait till it gets a bit closer to reach out to the MFM and inquire about my scans...</li><li>Any upcoming appointments? Nope.</li><li>GTKY: In this crazy, uncertain time, tell me something you're thankful for and why.  DH - he's been driving me crazy when he's at home, but he's also gone above and beyond to get our household and ready as we're going to be.</li></ul>
  • @vetgirl2011 Welcome and congrats! Like what everyone said, the anxiety lessens over the course of your pregnancy. My first pregnancy was full of surprises (not in a good way) during the first 20 weeks but good anatomy scan and fetal echo results lessened my anxiety for sure. And kicking! Feeling the kicks is a daily (or more like constant) reminder that the baby is doing great.  
    @wildrainbow I’m glad you got your energy back! Hoping I’ll get mine back after this 3-week lock down. At least my son is out of daycare now so he won’t be bringing back anymore germs from his friends. You felt kicks at 11 weeks?! I’m short too, but maybe I have a long torso because I didn’t feel the baby kicking until 16 weeks with this pregnancy. The first one with my son I think it was around 20? Or so but probably that has to do with not knowing how kicking feels. 
    @31magnolia That’s so cute that your SO’s kids are exciting about your baby! My son is too young to know what a baby is, so it’ll be a shocker when the baby arrives this summer. 
    @hanshotfirst77 Glad your BP is under control. @angelina1919 Induction at 39 weeks is better than at 38 weeks as the fetal development continues through the last couple of weeks of pregnancy. There is a ton of evidence now that babies born at full term (39-41 weeks) have better outcome than those born early term (37+0 -38+6). Of course, early induction maybe necessary if there is a complication with either the mother or the baby. I’m not sure AMA alone is considered a complication enough to warrant induction at 38 weeks though. I am also AMA, with insulin-dependent gestational diabetes but even with that complication I was recommended that I be induced at 39 weeks. I was told if I’m not insulin-dependent then I didn’t need to be induced. @sincethelastday 41 weeks! Hope the baby decides to make an entrance into the world soon. Must be so cozy and comfy in there. :)As for induction, there are different methods and it doesn’t have to involve pitocin right away. Foley balloon catheter is a mechanical induction method that can open up the cervix to get the labor going and it doesn’t have to be used in conjunction with any medication. With my first, due to my GD I was told to schedule an induction at 39 weeks and was recommended to schedule it at night (stay overnight) as Foley Balloon method could take a while to get going. @BusinessWife Your husband sounds awesome. My husband tries, but the most recent item he purchased to prepare for the pandemic was pork jerky. Why?
    Me: 41  DH: 46
    Unexplained infertility/AMA, polycystic ovaries, insulin resistance
    FET#1(July 2017): eSET of first of 4 PGS-normal embryos, DS born 3/30/2018
    FET#2(Oct/Nov 2019): eSET  
  • @cashewchicken aww, jerky is great!  It is a good source of protein that will keep long-term, but... I mean it only really helps if you're not planning to eat it for a while, 🙄 and/or for whatever reason you lose access to fresh groceries.  🤷 Last time DH went out, he got a number of things on the list - chicken, fish, vegetables - (but not ground beef, which they <i>had</i>, but it was not the grass fed one we usually get), but I guess he forgot how full the freezer already was and was pissed at ME when he realized we didn't have room for it all!  Uhm...... So whatever, he was still able to somehow miraculously make it all fit it into the freezer that <i>looked</i> totally full -- cussing the whole time -- but he made it fit!  :D we may or may not have had an extra fancy lobster bisque lunch due to what didn't make the cut, but it's all good. ;)
    • How far along/EDD? 37+4, C-section on the 30th
    • How are you feeling this week? SO TIRED. Yet I can't sleep. I feel gloomy, and scared. But still trying to remain positive. This is my last day working before maternity leave, and I'm working from home. I decided to start my leave a week early with everything going on.
    • Rants/Raves? Questions? Just want to go have this baby now so we can be home and out of the hospital before everything gets worse out there.
    • Any upcoming appointments? NST + OB on Friday, then NST Monday, then NST + OB next Friday. My last appointments.
    • GTKY: In this crazy, uncertain time, tell me something you're thankful for and why. My husband and best friend/neighbor. They are my rocks right now. I told my mom to go ahead and cancel her flight for next week. She booked it back in November with plans to be here for the birth and to help us with DD during that time. But we can't risk it, even if they don't cancel her flight. I need her to stay home with my dad who is extremely high risk if he were to catch the virus. She told us that she will still try to fly out on a moment's notice if we desperately end up needing her, and for that I am grateful. But we will make this work. :heart:
    ***BFP & Child Warning***

Me: 34, DH: 38 ~ TTC since 2014
    IUI #1-3 (Nov 2015, Feb 2016, May 2016) = BFNs
    IVF ER (July 2016) = 7 PGS normal embryos
    FET #1 (Sept 2016) = BFP! DD born 5/30/17
    FET #2 (April 2019) = BFN
    FET #3 (July 2019) = BFP! DS born 3/27/20
    • How far along/EDD? Just found out - 4 weeks! 
    • How are you feeling this week? Excited / Nervous / a little off
    • Rants/Raves? Questions? Question - I did some light yoga this morning and felt TERRIBLE a bit during and after. I am so nervous now. Did anyone else have issues with movement of any kind? I've also been unable to walk more than like 10 minutes? 
    • Any upcoming appointments? Tomorrow - continuing to monitor my levels
    • GTKY: My husband usually travels for work, but due to the circumstances he's been home. Just happy to have him around, especially with such good news coming our way! 
  • @sincethelastday - His kids are 13 (girl), 19 (boy), 21 (girl). I still crack up when i think about it. There was a lot of "whaaaaaaaatttttt?" " Are you serious?" "OMG" and other things. The youngest was like, "I can't believe this, I"m so happy I"m shaking, but this is stressing me out." HAHAHA.
    I can't imagine 41 weeks. The baby is like, I'm good right here!

@cashewchicken - awww. Lol. You'll definitely have to let me know your little one's reaction when the baby comes home. And your pork jerky story is hilarious!

@BusinessWife - The freezer being full would totally be something that would somehow be my fault. Lol. Men are weird sometimes. 

@angelina1919 - I'm thinking about getting a body pillow too. Sleep is already getting uncomfortable and I'm only 15 weeks. 

***How is everyone doing with social distancing??? My SO and I are both working from home, and the first day was cool, but now I'm like we have 4 more weeks! Haha.   Also, his youngest and sometimes the oldest come here every other weekend and I don't know how we can really monitor their social distancing and who they interact with. That has me a little worried. 
  • @cashewchicken – I know and I wish my body would cooperate.  My OB is not really that concerned about me being AMA but of my history with fibroids and endometriosis, which is the reason I had a surgery and why we are going with a programmed c section.   Actually I got a call from him yesterday to go over the full report from the high risk Dr and the fibroid he saw during my first US is quite large now.  The good thing is that is located on the lateral side of the wall, so its not on the way of the incision.  Part of the reason I will have regular visits with the high risk Dr and an US every time I go is to monitor the fibroid and depending on that, both Drs will decide the final programmed c section date.  So fingers crossed to have it as late as possible.

• <blockquote class="Quote">
    <div class="QuoteAuthor"><a href="/profile/Knottie1468854801">Knottie1468854801</a> said:</div>
    <div class="QuoteText"><ul><li>How far along/EDD? Just found out - 4 weeks! 
    </li><li>How are you feeling this week? Excited / Nervous / a little off</li><li>Rants/Raves? Questions? Question - I did some light yoga this morning and felt TERRIBLE a bit during and after. I am so nervous now. Did anyone else have issues with movement of any kind? I've also been unable to walk more than like 10 minutes? </li><li>Any upcoming appointments? Tomorrow - continuing to monitor my levels</li><li>GTKY: My husband usually travels for work, but due to the circumstances he's been home. Just happy to have him around, especially with such good news coming our way! </li></ul></div>
    </blockquote>
    Welcome and Congratulations!  Please feel free to introduce yourself and tell us a bit about your IF journey... You can also go to the knot to update your username to make it easier to get to know / tag you.